• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#161 User is offline   fan_83 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:21 AM

I dunno BAd, kate doesn't look that good with less clothes......she kinda looks very nice with tight leather pants and vest as it covers all matter of defects Posted Image

#162 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 25 September 2004 - 12:48 PM

I have seen a few of those cartoons but they are like 5 minutes long and used like adverts so missed most.

#163 Guest_Fool_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:44 AM

Well, i saw the Machinist.

Its... uhm... atmospheric?

However, in the end it wasnt anything special.

Still worth seeing.

I was wondering, has anyone seen bale in american psycho, though? Is it any good?

#164 Guest__*

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:18 PM

@Dark Daze Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Never go and play avp2 online the players may actually jump out and get ya Posted Image.

#165 User is offline   Lorn 

• Captain

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:23 AM

Saw the old, english movie Ladykillers today and loved it Posted Image I think I heard somewhere they are going to do a new, american version of it. Does anyone know something about it?
Remakes are often quite bad (to say it nicely) but I really hope they are going to succeed with this one!

#166 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:38 AM

I caught "Chronicles of Riddick" last night. It was crap. Flashy and noisy crap but crap nonetheless. The special effects were starting to give me a headache, waaay too fast and blurry. The flick had some interesting ideas and Riddick is a cool character but it just wasn't that good of a movie.

#167 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:57 AM

Saw Shark Tale today. sure, its a kids movie, but it was damn good, consideringPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#168 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:58 PM

I think I've seen the Riding Giants one you mention. It was a surfing documentary at least. After an hour I couldn't stand it. Surfers are way too pretentious. And their whole natural-high thing is also irritating.

#169 Guest_Tuftie 27_*

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:27 PM

@rlfcl
A.I. a great film? you can call me uncultured if you want but i found it really boring. But ill go with you on troy, that was good Posted Image

#170 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:43 AM

Saw 'Million Dollar Baby' yesterday. Whoa, really great stuff, Eastwood just keeps getting better with age both on-camera and off. At first it seems like just a well-made underdog-turns-champ sports movie, but it takes a very interesting an unusual turn to start dealing with a far more complex issue...excellent film, you gotta watch it

#171 Guest_Cyandor_*

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:38 AM

Sorry have to say Once Upon a Time in the West does it for me as best westerns go. The introductory scene at the station is just unparralled in it's delivery. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is good to there is just a sliver more to once upon a time in the west.

#172 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 23 October 2004 - 01:40 PM

@Brood. Yes "Invincibles" looks good. I'm a big fan of the spoof superhero cartoon "The Tick" So hopefully it is in the same vein as that and the film "Mystery Men".

#173 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:11 AM

aw, man. the only good thing about predator two is that you get more background info about the predators (which was only slightly interesting). other than that, predator 2 is just a huge letdown from the first one, which was absolutely great.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#174 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:02 AM

hellboy was great, ron perlman is a star!

#175 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:15 PM

Hey, what's wrong with illustrated bedsheets....I mean, damn right...crap! Posted Image

As for movies, I rewatched "The Last Samurai" and "Master And Commander" this weekend. "Samurai" was good but it felt too much like Tom Cruise doing "Dances With Japs."
"Master" is a bloody brilliant film. One of my all time favourite movies now.

#176 Guest_Molly Bloom_*

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:19 PM

Mr T. kicked Rocky's butt in the first half of the movie and then Rocky came back during the second half of the movie and kicked Mr. T's butt.

#177 Guest_Unoriginal_*

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:58 AM

I liked Bobby D's character in Jackie Brown and the scenes between him and the surfer chick after the switch were hillarious. I've yet to watch True Romance Posted Image but I'll get it watched some time this weekend.

Anyone else buying the 10 disc matrix set out December the 6th (in the uk)? I've got them all on DVD but I've pre-ordered the box set because of the better transfer (the right word?) of matrix and the extras (I always buy the 2 disc version if there's a choice between 1 and 2 discs) also like the box as well.

Looks like change in ROTJ is true... Seriously considering cancelling the pre-order. What's up with things he's doing in EP.3?

I'm not much of a movie renter, if I'm interested enough I just go out and blind buy it Posted Image , I've only bought one film that I didn't like and that was over 2 years ago. I don't mind subs, I used to prefer dubs as you can concentrate more on the screen but now I watch the film in the original language with subs. I'm very interested in watching Seven Samurai, is this the best of Kurosawa's (sp?) films. Interested in Ran as well since parts of it were in the Shogun: Total War game (The Intro, right?).

Donnie Darko DC is out in the cinemas now, anyone seen the DC yet? How is it compared to the original

Right, I think I'm going to watch Posted Image Reservoir Dogs Posted Image again today.

#178 User is offline   Baverel 

• Captain

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:49 AM

Posted Image
*looks around to see if nobody is listening* Posted Image

what do you mean, Gamet? One thing's sure, he's suprisingly quiet Posted Image n i don't mean it in the he's-busy-with-things-other-than-talking way Posted Image

#179 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:25 AM

Meet the Fockers. A film based entirely on the fact that the title sounds almost like a swearword. Somehow I don't think I'll waste my money on that one... recorded Equilibrium on Sky last night, gonna go and watch it in a minute...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#180 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:48 AM

i thought it was bloody terrible. lot of people around me laughed but i just wanted it to end. the comedy to me relied on just crass and cringeworthy moments to make the audience more uncomfortable than anything. got dodgeball out on dvd, only good thing about it was it made meet the fokkers look good, which it wasnt.

also got out before sunset though which was a fantastic wee film that i thoroughly enjoyed, recomended for any nights in with the missus and you can pretend its the chick flickPosted Image allowing you to get a good action aswell just to be fairPosted Image

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users