• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#121 Guest_Brukhalian_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 03 September 2004 - 06:16 AM

Mappo, I agree. Nothing annoys me more than when the pretentous morons on Newsnight review give there opinions on a movie such as 24 Hours Later and slating it for being 'unrealistic', thankfully one of the other panelists mentioned that prefectly structured poetic monologues such as found in Shakespeare were also unrealistic and that doesn't make it bad.

#122 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:43 AM

Post-holiday movie roundup...

OCEAN'S 12 - Yaaaaaaaaaawn. Pathetic.

THE AVIATOR - I seem to be the only person who thought this was dull, overlong and dissappointing. If you need a Leo fix, go watch Basketball Diaries again.

CLOSER - Interesting.

MEET THE FOCKERS - Hysterical.

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - I liked it. I seem to be in the minority.

Rentals:

WALKING TALL - Walk away. Just walk away.

MAN ON FIRE - I want the person responsible for me not knowing about this movie ages ago flogged. This movie doesn't just rock. It blows the stadium into the stratosphere.

HERO - A supermodel of a movie. Nice to look at. No substance at all.

SEX ET LUCIA - You know those SPANGLISH trailers that say 'Introducing Paz Vega'. Screw them. See this movie if you want to be introduced to Paz Vega. And you're over 18.

ARTHUR - This movie hasd to compete with some serious painkillers to keep me interested. It failed.

- Abyss, like Siskel and Ebert only cuter.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#123 Guest_Dark Daze_*

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

Equilibrium is a decent popcorn flick. The gun fights were awesome. But if you really like style over substance, check out House of Flying Daggers. It's the follow up film from the director of Hero.

Shogun's Assassin is the worst dubbing/reedit of an Asian movie/s I have ever seen. Taking two great action movies from the Lone Wolf and Cub series and editing out the build up tension and other good parts of the story is a bad idea. Writing a pervasive narrative to go with the new movie is even worse.

#124 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:42 AM

I enjoyed Phantom of the Opera too. A number of people fell asleep in the cinema though, so I'll join you in that minoity AbyssPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#125 Guest_fortrip_*

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:18 PM

watched and enjoyed troy recently, looked fantastic with some good acting and brilliant fight scenes.

wouldnt mind seeing harry potter.

Lookijng forward to hellboy, spiderman 2.

On DVD star wars tril, ext. return king and dawn of the dead.

#126 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:56 PM

The impression i got was that the super size meals are the same size everywhere. Dunno about the big gulp... but the super size thing alone is MASSIVE.

They also said that meal size increased over time, so maybe thats why you didnt see'em growing up?

#127 Guest_Sha'ik Reborn_*

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:17 AM

okay, here we go:
loosecannon, AVP did not suck so talk to the hand
rlfcl, american history x is fab!! loved it
DIB, blade trinity was alright, although the first two were brilliant, and ryan reynolds was just sex on legs
watched A.I. and sat there and sobbed
reservoir dogs is one of THE most coolest films ever made
oh, has anyone seen Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury?? thats alright aswell

really wanna see house of flying daggers

#128 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 August 2004 - 04:28 PM

"Dazed and Confused" and "Barbershop" are the two last flicks I've seen.

"Dazed" is eerily accurate to myown memories of high school. Damn funny movie with a great classic rock soundtrack.

"Barbershop" was also very funny.

#129 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:19 AM

yes Pearlman is one cool big red demon, but he's also damned strange looking!

#130 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:59 AM

equilibrium is so terrible. i mean its just plain terrible.

dodgeball was atrocious, every ben stiller scene was just bad. BAD i say!!!!

on the other hand i did watch sideways at the weekend which was very good, but if you like equilibrium you probably wont like it.

#131 Guest_Sha'ik Reborn_*

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:20 PM

watched Last Samurai yesterday. it was wicked!! those samurai guys were sooooooo cool!! they kicked butt!! have to admit tom cruise was good in it

#132 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:10 PM

Yah I really want to see that movie as well. It seems to be doing horribly at the box office Posted Image. I still haven't seem Troy either. Hate hearing a million people's opinions on things before I get a chance to form my own.

#133 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:45 AM

I have to agree with you there Fool, Team America had some good parts, but I ended up walking out on it when the Actors people were shooting and stuff at the show in Korea. It for the most part was fairly crap I thought.

Anyways I just watched the Movie 'Les Miserables'
I quite enjoyed it. I've not read the book yet, I've got about a dozen unread books on my shelf and thats one of them, towards the end as well of the list. Looking forward to finding out how well the movie interpreted the book, I can tell as well without reading it that parts were definately missed from the book as well.

#134 Guest_Dark Daze_*

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:05 PM

What movies are y'all looking forward to?

I will probably see these movies within a week of their release:

1) King Arthur
2) Dodgeball
3) Around the World in 80 Days
4) The Blind Swordsman
5) The Terminal
6) Blade: Trinity
7) Bourne Supremacy
8) Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
9) Anchorman
10) Riding Giants

#135 Guest_Dark Daze_*

Posted 17 June 2004 - 11:46 PM

G#@# Damnit! I mention my favorite Western and everybody has to one up me. Fine! My favorite musicals are Singin the Rain and Jesus Christ Superstar.

One up that. You can't can you? Hah, hah! I win!...Oh wait. I am so gay. *Shakes head in horror*

#136 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:19 AM

oh, have I mentioned that I've seen Fahrenheit 9.11? a good one, really, though I know I can't fully believe everything in that film. goodie!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#137 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:33 PM

Saw Garfield last wk is absolutly brill it is soooo funny

I may be the only person who liked the D&D movie and they doing another one as well so that will be interesting to see.

Another film i want to see is A Sharks tale, starring the voices of Will Smith, Robert de niro, Rene Zellweger, Anglie Jolie, JACK BLACK, Martin Scorsese, Peter Falk, Micheal imperioli, Vincent Pastore, Ziggy Marley and Doug E. Doug (lol) thats one to see

#138 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:13 AM

Saw Malcom X today.

Decent movie, Bit long 3hrs actually. I really think myslef they need to make a movie on Martin Luther King as I believe he made a lot more of an impact concerning the progession of Racial equality in America. Malcom X the movie seem to portray the guys life pretty well though, He did seem give give a lot of pride to the people who were following him.

#139 Guest_Dark Daze_*

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:40 PM

Wow! This is a big week for news. First I hear that OJ Simpson might have killed his ex-wife and now, I find out that the Star Wars series is on the decline. Too much!

Enjoy over the top violence? Rent the Lone Wolf and Cub series. There are a total of 6 films (7 if you count the reedited Samurai Showdown.) If you can't rent them, buy them!

Samurai films are so much better than Kung Fu movies.

#140 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:34 AM

You can tell that keanu reeves acting blows big time even in the TRAILER of constantine. How sad is that.

On the plus side Rachel Weisz is in it. Posted Image

I saw In Good Company. Decent flick. Mostly went to see Scarlett Johanson... Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users