• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

42.5, mafia mini spoilers Mexican Stand-off

#21 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

Any thoughts on balance, Gem? Will the game be over tomorrow night before midnight? :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#22 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

Kurt:

You are Miss Emma Easton, the Hostage.

... I hate you. I just knew when I read that role in the opener, that was going to be me. I just knew it.

On the other hand, I wasn't planning on doing any Kills or Standoffs if I wound up Roled anyways, because it seems like the easiest way to live each Night is just to not do anything.

I sympathize... it's the hardest one to play, probably. Hopefully, it will also be interesting as you're the unaligned vote that's necessary to tip the scales, I hope people see that.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

STer:

Buck Chipper (Fener)
Outlaw:
You are a hard man, and have been wounded multiple times. The first time you get shot in a stand-off, you can get up again. Due to your wound however, you can from there on only submit one target a night for Mexican stand-offs.

you are a member of the Gang

If I get targetted for a Kill, as opposed to being part of a standoff, am I protected from that the first time too?

Thanks,

Sir Thursday

If the kill is able to trigger a stand-off, yes.

- Tapper

But if there's no standoff, it doesn't do anything?

Sir Thursday

If the kill targets you and it is able to potentially trigger a stand-off, regardless whether or not it does, you survive. Hypothetically, if a kill ability exists that says in the player's PM that it never triggers stand-offs, you would be a dead man.

Essentially, you are counted as killed (and your own stand off actions do not count as a result). At the end of all the action, regardless of how many people have shot you, you get up again.

Rightio then. Strategy for the game - enter a standoff only if I think I see a likely suspect for having a kill action. I'll try and avoid doing that for the first couple of days, hopefully the field will have been whittled down a little, making that BP a bit more useful.

Should be fun, I haven't really had a BP role like this before...

Sir Thursday

gl :p

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Kesso-butta:

Looks like I got a role that suits me... practiced (from tons of reading) and eager to prove something. My thanks to you :p

I do have two questions...

One, when we submit lynch votes, do we state the name of the player in the vote post, or are we voting anonymously?

Two, do we know who is in our faction? Since I'm in the posse, I should have 5 teammates, but you didn't let me know about them. (My guess is we are supposed to be blinded by the sand storm and thus we do NOT know our team mates by default, and thus have to be very careful how we shoot :p )
Thank you in advance.

YW, glad you like it :p

We submit votes on the game thread in the vote post.
Please make sure you bold your vote, and place it on a seperate line, like this:

Vote Kessobahn

To your second question: the sandstorm obscures everything, so yes, it will be guesswork entirely. You cannot reveal your faction openly, but you can bend the rules and make it known by quoting movies or try to code it, or whatever other hints you can think of, as long as they are more or less hidden to the general eye.

GL, and always feel free to ask for explanations :p
Also, we hope you'll send thoughts by PM to P-S, so that we can collect your thoughts for readback after the game :p

Cheers,

Tapper

Sounds good
Just waiting for the game to start now so I can try to not be the first person killed.

12 hours to go till start, and I'm sure you'll do fine :p

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Serc-Bent:

Bert Hawkins (Serc)
Sniper:
Your weapon of choice is a rifle with tailored sights. Not much good in switching targets fast, but very good for focused fire. You cannot participate in stand-offs, but each night, you can target 1 player. If he takes an action or has his Mexican Standoff activated, you kill him before he shoots (those who have you in their list, will then shoot at you).

You are a member of the posse.

Confirmed and FUCK YEA!!!

#26 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Apr 14 2009, 09:49 PM, said:

Any thoughts on balance, Gem? Will the game be over tomorrow night before midnight? :p

NO idea. :broody:

Nah I think it looks good.

Love the bounty hunter role - as I said, this will be fun to watch. :p
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

Rashan:

Hahah! I am awesome. Shoot one direction, throw in another. XD

But...The Harmonica guy has a freaking awesome condition! If we don't kill him day/night one, we're nearly screwed over, depending on kills!
Though Iron Man is going to make people consider more.

Shit, I'd use my knife on him night one if I can find him. Hell, I hope he's a n00b... :p

Silencer...will be playing seriously (and invisibly) until tomorrow MY noon...when I have a 24 hour party to do. :p

So...I can participate in a Mexican stand-off, or, once, kill someone with a knife throw? Sweet. ^^
Gang ftw!

Bob Evans (Rashan)
Knife Thrower:
You have practiced at the art of killing someone without shooting, and are a very competent knife thrower. Once per game, as a night action, you can kill one player of your choice. This action does not trigger Mexican stand-offs and is in addition to participating in Mexican Stand-offs.

You are a member of the gang.

Even better, you can still participate in a stand-off while you kill someone with your knife (but that, you can do only once :p )

If Silencer is exemplary for everyone, I think Posse will win with two fingers up their nose and their thumb in someone's behind... Posse can win with 10 players remaining, after all, Harmonica Hombre only at 7. :p

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 15 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

Gotta love Silencer for that show of being the highest poster :p

#29 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

I tried to create a game on the MafiaManager, but failed. :p

Failed to initialize Time

was the error mistake I received.

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:15 PM

Emur:

Hmm, I don't know anyone in the posse, which is odd for a merc game, possibly implying that i'm the leader, as well as my leader kill ability.

Ok then.

Need to look out for gang leader.

People generally expect leaders to lay low, I find, so that's not something i'm planning on doing.

Thoughts so far are that Rashan could be gang leader, as Tellan wasn't willing to vote Rashan, whcih could've been a ploy to let him know he's on his team, and getting reactions lets him figure out who's on the other teams. I've voted Rashan, to get reactions, which may give me more info.
With so little info to go on, i'm probably wildy off though.

Can you confirm/deny whether or not other members of the team know me, and whether or not i'm a leader/leader role?

I can point you at the hints I posted at the start of the game :p Relevant section copy/pasted here:

2.) at the start of the game, no-one knows anyone inside his own faction.
3.) no reveals means no reveals. If you want to hint at your faction, code it or use obscure references.

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:18 PM

Emur again:

Hmm, I don't know anyone in the posse, which is odd for a merc game, possibly implying that i'm the leader, as well as my leader kill ability.

Ok then.

People generally expect leaders to lay low, I find, so that's not something i'm planning on doing.

Thoughts so far are that Rashan could be gang leader, as Tellan wasn't willing to vote Rashan, whcih could've been a ploy to let him know he's on his team, and getting reactions lets him figure out who's on the other teams. I've voted Rashan, to get reactions, which may give me more info.

Can you confirm/deny whether or not other members of the team know me, and whether or not i'm a leader/leader role?

I can point you at the hints I posted at the start of the game :p Relevant section copy/pasted here:

3.) no reveals means no reveals. If you want to hint at your faction, code it or use obscure references.

Oh right the rules.

I didn't really read them.

As such.

Hehe, few do :p
Also, there are no leaders in the strict sense of a merc game in this game, there's just a role called Gang Leader.

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

more emur:

Ok then.

Oh right the rules.

I didn't really read them.

As such.

Hehe, few do :p
Also, there are no leaders in the strict sense of a merc game in this game, there's just a role called Gang Leader.

Cool.

This does make it far harder though.

Normally people know the leaders, so you can figure it out by how people treat them, but if no one knows, well, anything, it's so much harder to figure out factions, which will make finding the gang leader hard.

Makes it far easier to hide my own faction though.

yeah, I know, but I decided to use the 'sandstorm obscures all' trick. I didn't want figureheads in a game as potentially lethal as this one, cause the loss of a leader in the merc sense would disadvantage one team immensely.
Plus, it is much more fun to see people decide whether to code/hint/whatever or not.

and yet more Emurlahn:

Meta guess, Rashan is Silencer.

#33 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

Spammy Grief is spammy:

Haz found....A code!

View PostTellan, on Apr 15 2009, 11:43 AM, said:

Do you feel proud?
In your absence I shall surpass you
Mwahahaha

First letter of each sentence :p

way to go, sherlock :p

#34 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

I think some of them have forgotten the you-can't-rescind-your-vote thing. That's Iron Man, right?

This post has been edited by Sixty: 15 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

#35 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

View PostSixty, on Apr 15 2009, 03:26 PM, said:

I think some of them have forgotten the you-can't-rescind-your-vote thing. That's Iron Man, right?

well, Iron Man is smth I borrowed from rpg games... no save-reload stuff. But yeah, they can't change provisionals or votes.

It is implied in the sign up, then specifically said in the rules they can't, and said in the hints once again as well, so I'll be zero tolerance about it. :p
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:46 PM

Venge and STD are nicely squeezing Bent atm. Wonder if they'll push through...

#37 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

Bent-Serc, titled HAHAHA!

Watch me play the noob card. Not hiding my alt. Pretending to not know I can't remove my vote. I figure it will garner some sympathy from some of the real noobs, and might let the experienced players aim away from me.

#38 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

I like the Iron Man rule, it's just that kind of mafia cruelness that I appreciate. From a modding point of view. :p
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

View PostGem Windcaster, on Apr 15 2009, 04:57 PM, said:

I like the Iron Man rule, it's just that kind of mafia cruelness that I appreciate. From a modding point of view. :p

Vote wise, it is really necessary to protect the Bounty Hunter. Otherwise, they could just race a train to 7, see if he is on it, if he is, all leave it, and try again. It would make finding him a lot easier.

Ability wise, it is because I am lazy in updates (and think the stand off stuff is tough enough already without a gazillion changes).
I also want tension between game control (the later you send in, the more info you have to base stuff on) or speed (knowing for certain your action is in before the Bounty Hunter calls the night, but based on limited knowledge).

For players, both of the options are a pain, aye :p

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

Here for 20 min, will unload a few PMs and then I'm gone again, tennis court calls in a siren song as the weather is awesome.

Meanas-Venge:

Well I just gave myself away....Sigh...

Bloody dots anyway. I guess It could be Mental or Tapp if they are playing. But people usually associate the ... with me so I am probably shit out of luck.

Ment plays :p

Anomandaris:

Ben Morrows (Anomandaris)
You have no abilities, but you can participate in Mexican Stand-offs.

you are a member of the posse.

Since I have no kill it seems I'm of most use to my team by staying alive. Since I don't know my team it that means 6/13 = 46% of the time I get them, 5/13 = 38% I get the bad guys and 2/13 = 15% I get the HH or the slut and nothing happens. One bullet but two priority targets changes those percentages a little along with a day 1 lynch. Seven people have actions, but they can't all be kills or we likely end the game tomorrow so maybe 4 with 3 manipulators or 3 and 4. 13 people with 2 standoff targets = 26 minus 4 for the HH and slut, and if you assume 4 non-overlapping kills night 1 minus 8 = 14 chances to be on someone's list, 12 if you add in a lynch. Seems like everyone could die tonight. I predict the hostage wins. I predict the HH wins. Both subject to approximately 3 to 5 in 13 chances of dying from a lynch or direct kill. Seems like I should not standoff, but that is not a confirmation!

Impressive math (compliments there!), but the human factor is bound to screw with it all and probably in all the ways you wouldn't expect :p

D'riss:

so, Serc=Stalker

because he's roaming un-hidden in the Trickster Pub.

lol, at the moment, I want to be the one ot kill the hostage. just because.

Emur:

I want to quote random westerns, or just do something to get the game moving, except I know everyone will read into it too much :p

Tennes:

Benjamin Stuart (Tennes)
Gang Leader:
You can submit three instead of two targets for your stand off orders for as long as the hostage lives. Call them High Priority, Low Priority and Very Low Priority please.
If someone shoots at you while the hostage is alive, the hostage is killed instead of you (except when the sheriff targets you, he won't kill the hostage, but will kill you!).

hehe, know idea what the rules are yet, but it sounds like a cool role :p Wait, I normally die early in the game if I have a cool role...

You've got a hostage catching the bullets first :p

Kesso with theory:

Some early guess I have based on what I've read in the last week...

D'riss sounds like Bent.

I have to suspect Fener is Mentalist based upon the angry tone to his posts, but the typing style is completely different so either Ment is playing mind games with his typing or I'm wrong.

However, I have a very strong suspicion that Fener is the Harmonica Hombre because while Meanas was the first to 'remind' Serc and Emurlahn that the votes cannot be removed, Fener angrily followed that reminder up with a 'stupid' accusation, leading me to believe he wants to drive the conversation into a scolding about careful usage of votes when he knows full well that his own vote is the useless one, so that when he does vote with the eventual train he won't be a sore thumb.

Serc or Emurlahn may be the hombre trying to just drive conversation and get votes on ANYONE to get the numbers down, because people are paranoid in a game where you can't change votes and will thus try to make sure to keep lynching every day they don't feel confident in winning the night, but I'm more inclined to believe Serc just blew it (because P-S originally didn't know if votes were going to be iron man or not).

Of course, I could be entirely wrong...

I'm not submitting a night action yet, but my early gut tells me to kill Fener tonight rather than participate in a stand-off because I have a good feeling he's not on my team. I'll wait until everyone has almost posted to ensure we don't get night-sniped by the hombre.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users