• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

42.5, mafia mini spoilers Mexican Stand-off

#61 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

Meanas:

Well that sucked that Rashan was one of us. Just makes the next lynch that much more important. I think that I might just sit back and wait to see what happens. I should probably put in a night action but it seems quick. I like a little bit of action in between the lynches.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#62 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

View PostMorgoth, on Apr 15 2009, 11:34 PM, said:

Tiss what happens when I do not play. No one understands the rules and Silencer dies

:p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#63 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

Right now, I predict a posse + hostage win at 10 people left.

#64 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

Yes, it's legit play. It's also stupid. They had the option to vote for me, who had done NOTHING WRONG, or one of the other guys. And their weak fucking excuse of "it's harder to get a lynch on someone without a vote" - they got fucking six votes on me in about 10 minutes! How the hell would one more have been harder? :p

Please inform them that the next time I die on day one in a game, the thread won't simply be locked...and the participants on my train will find themselves with a "cannot access this site" error...also known as a Silencer has banned the fuck out of you error. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#65 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

Some PMs:

HP, feeling the love:

I needed that provisional to end night, since I had class and now return to find myself the lynch target. Shoot, well it looks like I'll have to reveal and start the shoot off if we get closer to L-1/2.

So how do I do it, just tell them I am the HH and say x is dead. or pm you that x is dead and you reveal for me.

You reveal on topic. You can quote your PM for this (to make sure it is allowed). Say who you want dead, and that play should be stopped so that all NAs in before your reveal can be processed.
We will look at the timestamp, too, of course, but it's a good little addition that will save us work.

Tennes:

Judging by the locked topic we broke your game?

I'm off to bed, leave myself some drama for tomorrow morning :p

Nope, the person you lynched made it personal :p nightynight :p

HP, 2 times:

I needed that provisional to end night, since I had class and now return to find myself the lynch target. Shoot, well it looks like I'll have to reveal and start the shoot off if we get closer to L-1/2.

So how do I do it, just tell them I am the HH and say x is dead. or pm you that x is dead and you reveal for me.

You reveal on topic. You can quote your PM for this (to make sure it is allowed). Say who you want dead, and that play should be stopped so that all NAs in before your reveal can be processed.
We will look at the timestamp, too, of course, but it's a good little addition that will save us work.

Ok I won't do it yet, however if it gets close then I will. Right now going to attempt to stop my train from happening.

Good luck, but now you know what to do :p

Ok I won't do it yet, however if it gets close then I will. Right now going to attempt to stop my train from happening.

Aye, it's going to be in your advantage anyway to get as many people as you can to submit provisionals, so you have a shot at getting down to 5 after resolution.

#66 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

View PostSilencer, on Apr 15 2009, 11:44 PM, said:

Yes, it's legit play. It's also stupid. They had the option to vote for me, who had done NOTHING WRONG, or one of the other guys. And their weak fucking excuse of "it's harder to get a lynch on someone without a vote" - they got fucking six votes on me in about 10 minutes! How the hell would one more have been harder? :p

Please inform them that the next time I die on day one in a game, the thread won't simply be locked...and the participants on my train will find themselves with a "cannot access this site" error...also known as a Silencer has banned the fuck out of you error. :p

Oh, I agree smart is something else entirely. Everyone on that train just jumped at the chance to prove they weren't the Hombre, and they all forgot about what was going on before. Probably would have lynched Bent otherwise...

#67 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

Anomandaris

Wow, I couldn't have been more wronger, six people figure out a way to clear themselves and agree to do it, amazing, and we got one of the gang, 80% chance to have lynched a role!

D'riss:

Is it Silencer venting his anger?

Rhetorical question?

I asked before you posted, :p

True that, but who else would have a Leidmotif?

:p

#68 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

View PostEmurlahn, on Apr 15 2009, 11:52 PM, said:

True, but where are we going to get?

It's not likely we can figure out the hombre, because the confirmed are all confirmed, and the unconfirmed will all want to survive, hombre or not, so how can we figure out which is hombre?

He's wrong here. What they should try to achieve is build a train consisting of half the unconfirmed on 1 of the unconfirmed. That way, those 2 can prove guilty or not guilty. The lynched guy will show CF, and if the train runs to 7, then you have narrowed it down to 2 (the two not on the train) instead of 4.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 15 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

#69 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

Fener-STD

I was hoping we'd have a game without Speed Lynches...guess the threat of the Harmonica Hombre has them all running scared. Does he really have the ability to take the game to night every day? Because there's no way we're going to get any discussion in if that's the case. I'd hope it's a one shot...

Well, seeing as my playing strategy is out of the window now, I guess I'd better start participating in some standoffs. I'm going to provisionally make Serc my target for tonight (though I figure I'm probably going to get targetted by the same guy again and killed...)

Sir Thursday

Yes, the Hombre can, but only after everyone has posted.
Also, as the VC sketch (so I feel free to tell everyone ), its not the Hombre who wins fastest, though he will win before/at the same time as the gang does atm.

#70 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

Thank God for Venge. Even though I am mostly agnost... :p

#71 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

Meanas:

First is D'riss and second is Fener

I will put my actions on people who have a chance of being the HH. :p

That means a dead D'riss.

Emurlahn:

Ok, i'm going for it:

HP Gamelon, LP Tellan.

D'riss:

Meanas sounds like he's in gang, feeling burned by lynching a teammate.

these people are being too serious, imo.
this is supposed to be a high-casualty, fast-paced mini, not a logic games competition.

#72 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

Silanah

Rightio Americano,

Tonight I be blazing my saddle in this here ol' mexican stand-off, yessir!

High Priority: Fener
Low Priority: Tellann

Thank'ee s'ai! I be on me way, now!

noted :unworthy:
Man, STD is a bullet magnet... if only he hadn't been targeted yesterday, he would have brought down the entire posse on his own and remained standing :D

#73 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:28 PM

HP:

By my last look, everyone has checked in on day 2 except for Tellan and Silanah.
It would of course not be amiss to check yourself, but just so you know, you're not far removed from being able to go to night.

Yeah I had checked too, I believe that Kesso is missing as well. Thank you for the reminder.

One question on the stand-off, If I trigger that and kill someone, then the only way to keep the shooting going is if someone shoots me, so wouldn't I be dead at the end anyway? Or does it not matter as long as less than 6 are alive.

If other people submit killing actions, they can fire up their own stand-offs. So, you'd have to be lucky to have no-one who submitted you as a target, and lucky that (an)other killer(s) were named in a big enough chain.

#74 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

STD-Fener:

D'riss claimed not to have got a provisional in last night, which means he will probably try and put one in tonight. Thus I want to target him with my night action.

I'm fairly sure Serc is posse (probably unroled), Emurlahn too based on his reaction to Serc's post about him not minding getting lynched. Trouble is, if HP is Gang, then the Posse could have the game wrapped up as early as tomorrow...*sigh*

Ah well, guess I'd better go with the flow on this one and hope for better luck on the next day.

Sir Thursday

#75 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

Hood's Stalker:

By my last look, everyone has checked in on day 2 except for Tellan and Silanah.
It would of course not be amiss to check yourself, but just so you know, you're not far removed from being able to go to night.

Yeah I had checked too, I believe that Kesso is missing as well. Thank you for the reminder.

One question on the stand-off, If I trigger that and kill someone, then the only way to keep the shooting going is if someone shoots me, so wouldn't I be dead at the end anyway? Or does it not matter as long as less than 6 are alive.

If other people submit killing actions, they can fire up their own stand-offs. So, you'd have to be lucky to have no-one who submitted you as a target, and lucky that (an)other killer(s) were named in a big enough chain.

Ok, so it sounds like claiming that kind of sends things to night, so that all actions occur immediatly. Well I doubt I get a chance to go to night L-3 now so I will be going down swinging in the near future. Going to kill Gamelon likely, because no one gets to lead a lynch on me and get away with it lol.

Oki. Friendly reminder, the person you kill has to be in your reveal, not in a PM.

#76 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

Kill Tellan

noted, thanks :unworthy:

#77 User is offline   Kurt Montandon 

• First Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

Sigh ...
I finally have an avatar ... and it's better than yours.

#78 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:58 PM

View PostKurt Montandon, on Apr 16 2009, 12:57 AM, said:

Sigh ...

Nearly pulled it off :unworthy:

#79 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

• Analyst of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

Fast reply before I read spoiler but that was a fucking epic ending.

#80 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Apr 15 2009, 10:55 PM, said:

View PostEmurlahn, on Apr 15 2009, 11:52 PM, said:

True, but where are we going to get?

It's not likely we can figure out the hombre, because the confirmed are all confirmed, and the unconfirmed will all want to survive, hombre or not, so how can we figure out which is hombre?

He's wrong here. What they should try to achieve is build a train consisting of half the unconfirmed on 1 of the unconfirmed. That way, those 2 can prove guilty or not guilty. The lynched guy will show CF, and if the train runs to 7, then you have narrowed it down to 2 (the two not on the train) instead of 4.

Wait, this is exactly what I was saying?

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users