Malazan Empire: Weird News Story Du Jour - Malazan Empire

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weird News Story Du Jour One thread to bring them all and in the darkness ... wtf?

#701 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 October 2021 - 12:21 PM

Recent weird news: (1) There's a clown shortage in Northern Ireland, and (2) There is something called restless anal syndrome. Are these two things related? Shit, hell if I know, but Bing it. It can't just be a coincidence, right?

#702 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 October 2021 - 01:10 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 October 2021 - 12:21 PM, said:

Recent weird news: (1) There's a clown shortage in Northern Ireland,

Well Congress and Parliament seem to have a surplus so maybe some export could be arranged?

and (2) There is something called restless anal syndrome. Are these two things related? Shit, hell if I know, but Bing it. It can't just be a coincidence, right?

https://www.dailymai...-condition.html

Scientific version:

https://bmcinfectdis...879-021-06683-7

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 02 October 2021 - 01:11 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#703 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 October 2021 - 10:17 PM

A Danish museum lent an artist $84,000 for his work. He kept the cash and named the art 'Take the Money and Run.'

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#704 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:00 PM

I'm sure if you dipped the boys in boiling water it would have a similar but longer-lasting effect ... :shock:

https://www.news.com...4ac9331ee56430a
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#705 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 October 2021 - 01:40 AM

Raising ... awareness? Or just a pretty decent troll?

I would have been there - in solidarity of course *cough* - but had another thing on ... :rolleyes:

https://www.news.com...be25164ad9cdf51

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 29 October 2021 - 01:50 AM

#706 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 November 2021 - 05:30 PM

R Kelly's Cellmate Wrote a Comic Book About Hanging Out in Prison Together

* link is to consequence.net

Spoiler - large image.
Spoiler

#707 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 November 2021 - 11:47 AM

I have nothing to add, except that I believe you Americans have something called "Arbor Day?" :ermm:

https://www.kidspot....a5ddb900ecbd435

#708 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 December 2021 - 06:33 PM

2021 - This year, the War on Christmas became real.

Trafalgar Square Christmas tree mocked by onlookers as 'spindly' and 'half dead'

https://twitter.com/...034369617870853

#709 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 December 2021 - 03:53 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 December 2021 - 06:33 PM, said:

Set out to be ornamented with pigeon shit?... pillory the Christmas tree....

#710 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 December 2021 - 05:13 PM

'"Should we care as a society that a single firm controls half of our most precious cultural commodity and its automation isn't working right?" asked Christopher Sagers, the author of "Antitrust: Examples & Explanations."

Earlier this week, Amazon ranked his book the No. 1 seller in the category of "Antitrust Law." The second-ranked seller was "Mental Health Workbook," which deals with depression and attachment theory. No. 5 was a book on the origins of Christmas. No. 15 was a true-crime tale about child murders. Eight of the top 20 books on the list had no discernible connection to antitrust.

[...] Dave Grohl[...] has just published his autobiography, "The Storyteller." An outfit called "University Press" that is not a university press seized the opportunity to publish "Dave Grohl: The Biography," which it paid Amazon to promote alongside Mr. Grohl's book.

Like many of these types of books on Amazon, "The Biography" is written in what might be called "Almost English." "It is undeniable that he has been instrumental in his own success," a typical sentence reads.

Nevertheless, it sold. "The Biography," which does not list an author, is now promoted with the tag "best seller," just like Mr. Grohl's own book. "The Biography" is No. 1 in New Age Music, Amazon says, right ahead of "Harmonica for Kids."

Amazon featured as the "top critical review" of "The Biography" a comment by someone who is under the impression the musician himself wrote it. "Grohl should stick to songwriting," the reviewer wrote. [...] Adding another note of confusion, Mr. Grohl's book was mysteriously described as "Holiday Toy List."'

Other newly published pamphlets purport to summarize and explain Mr. Grohl's own writing, although they, too, are written in Almost English. One pamphlet said it offered "an explanation of the indirect and figurative statements made by the writer to ensure an unadulterated Understanding."'

https://www.nytimes....-bookstore.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 December 2021 - 05:13 PM

#711 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 December 2021 - 11:39 PM

Kinda reminds me of that weird series about animals deciding to rise up and take out humans. Was it "Zoo"?

https://www.news.com...5770998d85ec9b2

‘Thought I was going to die’: Gang of otters attacks man on his evening walk

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 11 December 2021 - 11:40 PM

#712 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 December 2021 - 09:01 PM

New study? I mean, if you're a cat owner this is common knowledge. Could have saved money and just got a cat instead.

Study: Cats May Legitimately Be Psychopaths

#713 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 December 2021 - 09:15 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 December 2021 - 09:01 PM, said:

New study? I mean, if you're a cat owner this is common knowledge. Could have saved money and just got a cat instead.

There's also a clinical survey to determine 'whether your cat is a psychopath'.

Question 1: Is your cat a cat?

That should be it....

In all seriousness though:

'Is your cat a psychopath? Take this online test to find out

[...] now there's a scientific survey -- and an actual test you can take online -- measuring 46 kitty behaviors that may reveal your cat's level of psychopathy.

Scientists at the UK's University of Liverpool and Liverpool John Moores University developed the test, and published a study about it this month in the Journal of Research in Personality. '

#714 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 December 2021 - 05:22 AM

I'm going to guess that guy doesn't actually live in that house with the cats and they were triggered by his weird behavior and the flapping paper.

Cats are territorial.

#715 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 January 2022 - 11:36 PM

Surely this is a hoax?

US reality star who made $275k selling her farts ‘retires’ after heart attack scare
US reality TV star Stephanie Matto, 31, makes more than $70,000 a week selling her farts to strangers - but was rushed to hospital after passing wind

https://www.news.com...7717b87a7d8c5c6

:o

#716 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 January 2022 - 05:43 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 December 2021 - 09:01 PM, said:

<snip media>

Exhibit A.

After 2.5-Week 'War' With 3 Cats, Woman Contacts Vitamix Asking For Empty Boxes To Replace The One Her Cats Took Over With New Blender Inside

Posted Image

#717 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 February 2022 - 10:32 PM

I always marvel at the train of thought that led to "You know what, I'm going to do this".

https://www.news.com...8de5a9c6e173297

#718 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 February 2022 - 10:35 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 11 February 2022 - 10:32 PM, said:

I always marvel at the train of thought that led to "You know what, I'm going to do this".

https://www.news.com...8de5a9c6e173297

There goes my weekend plans. Posted Image
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#719 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 12 February 2022 - 11:51 PM

Not so much "weird" as "bonkers". Looks like fun though, great shot. Excellent camera work by the guy looking from the green back toward the tee. :lol:

https://www.news.com...23a8e4966d028e5

#720 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 April 2022 - 09:10 PM

Dummy shoves 4-pound dumbbell in anus, needs emergency surgery 2 days later

Brings literal meaning to "get the lead out."

Also, not sure how you reach in with your forearm on a human, but where there's a will there's a way I suppose.

Left with no other recourse, the team opted for "manual extraction," which involved the surgeon reaching in with their "forearm" and yanking out the foreign body like a backed-up steer.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users