Bacon And why I don't like it.

#41 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on Mar 5 2009, 12:30 PM, said:

View PostHumperdinck, on Mar 5 2009, 06:19 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on Mar 5 2009, 12:17 PM, said:

I just dont get it! I seriously cannot fathom how someone could not like bacon.
I just cant wrap my head around it.

If i could i'd eat a package of bacon everyday.

And you can wrap bacon around ANYTHING and its delicious.

Because all other meat is better.

You're wrong and you know you're wrong. Liver, for instance, while palatable to me, is like eating condensed dirt next to the concentrated goodness of bacon. Also, cow's tongue is meat and is clearly inferior to bacon taste-wise. I could go on. You need to modify your position if you expect to be taken seriously.

Liver and Onions, cooked correctly, is delicious. Bacon is not.

Cows Tongue, I have only had it once, but I pronounce it greatter (it is a word now) than bacon.I have never had bull testicle, but I hear it is delicious as well.

Simply: Bacon is the worst of all meats I have eaten, anything else that uses pork is better, as are all other meats I have eaten.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#42 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

View PostHumperdinck, on Mar 5 2009, 01:00 PM, said:

You're wrong and you know you're wrong. Liver, for instance, while palatable to me, is like eating condensed dirt next to the concentrated goodness of bacon. Also, cow's tongue is meat and is clearly inferior to bacon taste-wise. I could go on. You need to modify your position if you expect to be taken seriously.

Cows Tongue, I have only had it once, but I pronounce it greatter (it is a word now) than bacon.I have never had bull testicle, but I hear it is delicious as well.

Simply: Bacon is the worst of all meats I have eaten, anything else that uses pork is better, as are all other meats I have eaten.

then you've never had good bacon, theres no other reason i can think of, you just have not been lucky enough to taste good bacon.

I pity you.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#43 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

Bacon is the only part of a pig I actually eat. As someone previously posted, it's best when the fat is just starting to turn golden brown. If it's too crispy and stiff I'd just as soon not bother.

I really regret not having bacon on hand after reading this thread...
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#44 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

Ah, good old prairie oysters. So disgusting.

Best part about branding season for cattle is playing testicle baseball with the left-over bull balls from the castrating.

And by best part, I mean the part that is singularly horrifying and amusing at the same time.

#45 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

uncouth villans.
Don't you have the brains to squeeze the bulls when they're younger thus negating the need for the messy slice and dice approach?

#46 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

View PostRodeoRanch, on Mar 5 2009, 02:43 PM, said:

Ah, good old prairie oysters. So disgusting.

Best part about branding season for cattle is playing testicle baseball with the left-over bull balls from the castrating.

And by best part, I mean the part that is singularly horrifying and amusing at the same time.

God... this made me just shiver.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#47 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

you wanna hold their tails when squeezing them, theres a split second where the bellow turns into a gasping breath, and you hear a distinct crunch sound, and jeez it makes me cringe and pull knees together in a girly protective fashion nearly every time

#48 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

View PostBaconros, on Mar 5 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

uncouth villans.
Don't you have the brains to squeeze the bulls when they're younger thus negating the need for the messy slice and dice approach?

They ain't my cattle. I'm just along for the beer.

#49 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

Those poor bulls. *shivers*

I remember something I forgot in my last post. The absolute best use of bacon is making bacon wrapped scallops. Take a decent sized scallop, roll around in some finely shredded parmesan cheese, then wrap in bacon, secure with a toothpick and cook under a broiler. Mmmmm....
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#50 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

View PostHumperdinck, on Mar 5 2009, 07:00 PM, said:

Where I come from, a bull's testicle is called a 'prairie oyster' and is by all accounts delicious, though I have too much respect for bulls to eat any part of their genitalia. I respect your rejection of bacon because you are clearly one of those 'exceptions' (read: evolutionary throwbacks). From my perspective, there is something deeply wrong with you and I wouldn't trust you around my dogs but hey, stay out of trouble and we can still be friends :p

edit: cross-posted with a few people and damn...

#51 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

This thread makes me want to curl up in fetal position and cry.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#52 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

Kill yourself.

No, seriously. What you experience is not life. A baconless man is a man without joy. You're better off dead.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#53 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on Mar 5 2009, 01:58 PM, said:

View PostHumperdinck, on Mar 5 2009, 07:00 PM, said:

Where I come from, a bull's testicle is called a 'prairie oyster' and is by all accounts delicious, though I have too much respect for bulls to eat any part of their genitalia. I respect your rejection of bacon because you are clearly one of those 'exceptions' (read: evolutionary throwbacks). From my perspective, there is something deeply wrong with you and I wouldn't trust you around my dogs but hey, stay out of trouble and we can still be friends :p

edit: cross-posted with a few people and damn...

Thats ok, you have disliked me for years, Mr Grumpasaurus.

It is called a 'Rocky Mountain Oyster' here, but I assumed some people would not understand so I posted bull testicle.

It is not my fault I don't think meat should be crispy, or that pork chops are just so much more delicious than bacon.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#54 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

I have concluded that other than a new SE book, bacon thread provide the mostest entertainment on the Forumii...

View PostHumperdinck, on Mar 5 2009, 12:06 PM, said:

What is the big hub-ub about Bacon? All it is is fried (to a crisp, generally) pig. I would much rather have a nice slice of properly cooked ham, or a steak. Maybe even chicken.

Steak > Bacon
Ham > Bacon
Chicken > Bacon
Lamb > Bacon
Cheesecake > Bacon
Sourpatch Kids > Bacon
Whiskey > Bacon

Truly, all the items you refer to are worthwhile and good in their own rights.
And indeed, the various foodstuffs you ref in your later posts have their own glory.

But you're missing the vital and key point... which is, that, all those foodstuffs are IMPROVED by the addition of bacon. I defy, DEFY YOU, to add bacon to your chopped meat and slaw sandwich and deny that it is not improved. And further, it's important, no, it's critical, to note that unlike all those other foodstuffs, i can stab your heretical eyes out with bacon.

View PostBubba, on Mar 5 2009, 12:24 PM, said:

When I cook breakfast at my weekend job, I cook 5-10 sheet trays of bacon at a time........I feel like a Rock Star

No.
You ARE a Rock Star.

A Rock Star who positively radiates bacon vibes, thus adding to your innate appeal to members of all three genders.

View PostHumperdinck, on Mar 5 2009, 12:49 PM, said:

I am currently eating a buffalo chicken sandwich, which is about 18 times better than anything with bacon in it.

Add bacon to it, then come back and we'll gouge your eyes out talk.

View PostRodeoRanch, on Mar 5 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

View PostBaconros, on Mar 5 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

uncouth villans.

They ain't my cattle. I'm just along for the beer.

^ Real Canadian Hero.

View PostInigo Montoya, on Mar 5 2009, 03:01 PM, said:

This thread makes me want to curl up in fetal position and cry eat bacon.

Fixed.

- Abyss, typed this on a baconboard.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#55 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

View PostAbyss, on Mar 5 2009, 03:12 PM, said:

View PostInigo Montoya, on Mar 5 2009, 03:01 PM, said:

This thread makes me want to curl up in fetal position and cry while eating bacon.

Fixed.

- Abyss, typed this on a baconboard. Sounded this out in morse code on one of Bubba's 15 metal sheets of bacon.

Double fixed.

#56 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

So bacon is the remora of meat? It must suckle upon the bigger, stronger meats to survive, as it is not good enough to survive upon its own?

That seems about right.

I do not weaken myself, or my enjoyment of other foods, but adding this 'suckermeat' to the truly great meats, such as steak, lobster, chicken, pork chops, or lamb.

And no, when I go to Burger King and get my 'Steakhouse' burger, I ask for NO BACON, as it ruins the rest of the burger, with its suckiness.

#57 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

OMFG I love Abyss, I truly do. Who else is around from the old days? What is this place? But Abyss just gets better :respekt:

#58 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

I went shopping today and bought very much BACON :p , most of which I will eat...but in healthy meals, because I am a good girl. :p
'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#59 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

Aaahh, just had some bacon for lunch. Excellent.

Testicle baseball, good times. Unless you get some idiot who thinks its fun to throw them at people and ruin everything.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#60 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

in canada, bacon is round
and we don't fry it to a dry brittle crisp
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users