• You cannot reply to this topic

malazan mafia 34,5 mini but I don't want to be king

#861 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:24 PM

View PostRashan, on Nov 26 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

Lmao of course you'll feel like a right dick when my inno CF shows up! :rant:

I'm the striving proof that feeling like a dick is not lethal, even at high doses ;)

Come on people, you realize that when we lynch someone, we don't cause their computer to explode, sending pieces of screen glass in their skulls, right?

Let's all put a vote on who we find suspicious, and if we have a majority then that's that. If not, we can talk and see if we can compromise, but let's not get Emo on each other all of a sudden.

#862 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

View PostGamelon, on Nov 26 2008, 02:24 PM, said:

View PostRashan, on Nov 26 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

Lmao of course you'll feel like a right dick when my inno CF shows up! ;)

I'm the striving proof that feeling like a dick is not lethal, even at high doses ;)

Come on people, you realize that when we lynch someone, we don't cause their computer to explode, sending pieces of screen glass in their skulls, right?

Let's all put a vote on who we find suspicious, and if we have a majority then that's that. If not, we can talk and see if we can compromise, but let's not get Emo on each other all of a sudden.

:rant:

if it was that easy to get people to vote the games wouldnt have slow periods.

What is the vote count?

#863 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 26 2008, 03:20 PM, said:

ok, not exactly what i was talking about you eejit ;)

i meant lynching rashan because he is our top suspect with the added factor of giving us info if we are wrong.

plus the feel like shit phase has kicked in, hence me trying to be agreeable while asking for people to vote :rant:

:)

:Surprise:

;)

#864 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

3 vote Rashan - Liosan, Gamelon, Silanah
1 vote Kashan - Rashan
1 vote Fener = Thyrllan

Courtesy of Helpful Rashan.

Edit: heh, I'm on L-3, I didn't even notice lol

This post has been edited by Rashan: 26 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

#865 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

But this is the internet; Its serious business.
I actually echoed that sentiment mentally when someone posted angrily about my lol after Morgoth's excellent ninja scene.

#866 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

View PostGamelon, on Nov 26 2008, 02:27 PM, said:

View PostSilanah, on Nov 26 2008, 03:20 PM, said:

ok, not exactly what i was talking about you eejit ;)

i meant lynching rashan because he is our top suspect with the added factor of giving us info if we are wrong.

plus the feel like shit phase has kicked in, hence me trying to be agreeable while asking for people to vote :rant:

:D

:Surprise:

:)

dude me trying to do agreeable is fucking sore, i tell you ;)

#867 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:35 PM

Alright, back to serious business. As of the moment I'm willing to either vote Kaschan or Liosan, and currently I'm leaning towards Liosan, after thinking about Silanah's case. Kaschan has been playing clean enough i guess, and he's sick, so it ain't fair.
Remove Vote
Vote Liosan

#868 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:37 PM

i really want to bully everyone into doing what i want, but i realise that rubs people th wrong way, given my habit of a day 1 lynch (thats em recieving one) i have tried to tone back the aggression, did you notice? :rant:

#869 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

Oh, that's it, I thought you had just gotten a new haircut or something :rant:

#870 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:47 PM

Ok I am back and still alive. :rant: It looks like I have 20 some pages of reading to go through. Could take me a while.

#871 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:01 PM

OK, work's going badly, so I figured I'd switch my attention to Mafia for a little bit.

The more I think about the tussle between Rashan and Liosan yesterday, the more suspicious of it I am. There was enough aggression there for me to think that one of the two must have something to hide. As Silanah has said, lynching a low poster is a bit of a shot in the dark, even if Kaschan does seem a bit scummy. So Liosan and Rashan are the two that have floated to the top of my list of possibilities.

I know several of you have expressed the opinion that there's no way Liosan would go with a day 1 ninja fake if he was scum. But to me, it's a very suspicious action - minimal gain, no real reason for it as far as I can tell, other than to stir up some confusion. At the time there was lots of pressure on Shadow and Rashan anyway, so even if Bent hadn't gone a little crazy, I think there'd have been plenty of people saying we should hold off on him for a couple of days. But remember, this is a mini-game, we were never going to have a long time to find the scum. I could definitely see a killer sitting down and thinking: "Let's try and do something to take the pressure off me for a couple of days...by then it'll be too late".

Rashan has been very active, and as a consequence has said a lot of things that can be construed as scummy. The Day 1 circus is what I am most suspicious about - that ShadowBent was CI doesn't lessen it all that much in my mind. His reactions to the two Ninjas were a little suspect, and he has been pushing pretty hard for a Kaschan-Fener-Liosan triangle. As someone who finds Kaschan suspicious, I welcomed that at first, but the way he keeps coming back to it, and associates the three despite there being very little evidence to the support any links besides Fener's day 1 vote, makes it seems like he's trying too hard.

Basically, I feel like Rashan and Liosan are at each others throats. One of them is probably scum in my mind, so if we were to lynch one today and the other tomorrow I wouldn't mind at all. Having said that, right now I'm leaning more towards going after Liosan, because that Fake Ninja has been setting off alarm bells in my head for quite a while. But I'm not going to place a vote until Liosan has come on and had a chance to give a good reason for why he pulled that stunt.

#872 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

View PostRashan, on Nov 26 2008, 03:33 PM, said:

But this is the internet; Its serious business.
I actually echoed that sentiment mentally when someone posted angrily about my lol after Morgoth's excellent ninja scene.

Just so you know, I (Alt) have written all the scenes so far ;) Also, there's a really good one ready for tonight :rant: So thanks, glad you guys like them.

Also

It's day 2. There's 15 hours 20 minutes left of the day.

10 players remain:
Thyrllan, Rashan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Gamelon, Tennes, Fener, Silanah

6 votes needed to lynch
5 votes needed to go to night

3 vote Rashan - Liosan, Gamelon, Silanah
1 vote Liosan - Rashan
1 vote Fener - Thyrllan

Players who have not voted:
Thyrllan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Tennes, Fener
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#873 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

ok, back for a bit
short night of sleep was short, so my attention span's not anywhere near top shape.
I do seem to recall Silanah having questions for me.
Well, i'm here to answer any, for the next hour.
then i'm gone for another 3 hour meeting or so, then i;m gonna be on pretty solidly, almost up to the deadline, if necessary.

#874 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:24 PM

The purpose in the Kaschan-Fener-Liosan thing was just to see if I could link Liosan to Kas in any way. I don't genuinely think Fener is scum.
I do however have doubts about the alignment of Liosan and Kaschan. Although hopefully Kas can lay those doubts to rest when he returns.

#875 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 25 2008, 06:36 PM, said:

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 06:32 PM, said:

What I'd said was Liosan was VPI and Ano was PI. My bad. I've just kicked my argument in the face, but anyway.
Well, now we know for a fact Ano was an inno.
Interestingly the only two left from that argument are now me and Silanah, the two who are still butting heads...

i am beginning to think the killers are lausing us as a filler. If there are three of them say 2 killers and a symp, we could lose this game after tomorrows lynch, which makes liosan, though a tempting target given yesterdays outburst, a very dangerous lynch today. If they are inno we will possibly be down to 8 come tomorrow with only luck hopefully having removed a symp and i always play worst case scenario.

I suggest putting our fight on hold rashan for twelve hours, i am going to fuck off and let other people jump on and post, i will check the thread regularly and post, but i think i want to sit back and watch for a while, given the small number of players involved it would be easy for the killers to let us hog the limelight and then watch as we lynch each other.

here i set a deadline for my argument to resume with rashan, the reaosn is straightforward and designed to give other people a achance to post

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 07:46 PM, said:

Thoughts of the moment:

Anomandaris accused sil of distancing.

Now both Silanah and Rashan have said they're not gonna post much, deliberately.

Now, that just seems to me like a good excuse to hide, and take a back seat, contribute little, and have little chance of any slip up.
If you're around contribute.

It just strikes me as suspicious that two people who would be unlikely connected if one came up guilty, are pretty distacned, are both, at the same time, deciding not to contribute.

it says no where in my post about not contributing, you made this up to make us look bad, the quote is right there, i said i was going to comment but i wsnt going to comment on rashan for twelve hours.

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 07:57 PM, said:

Oh please, lets just brush it off with little explanation so no heed is payed.
Oh please, let you go ahead and deliberately not contribute.

You want not to discuss to stop it being focussed on the two off you?
Sorry, im completely not buying that.

Discuss everyone else, and the limelight is off you two. Simple. All you have to do, is refrain from attacking each other, which seems why you dont want to post, which shows you can refrain from it perfectly fine.
You had a lot of pressure earlier, and looked at one point quite a likely lynch. At that point, the logical thing for a killer partner to do would be to distance.

this was at rashan, you think us stopping hogging the thread is distancing.

View PostD'riss, on Nov 25 2008, 07:59 PM, said:

could be they're just tired of talking for a bit... considering it's really not getting us anywhere anyhow--neither case is really that strong

Rashan's subtle attempts to PI Fener peak my curiosity.
I'm gonna go ,ook into that.

btw, where did Kaschan run off to again?

included because of the links between driss and rashn i brought up earlier. Also show other side of the story than just me and rashan against liosan.

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 08:13 PM, said:

removed inner text because too many quotes

As far as this goes, you seem intent to make everything in this discussion look bad, the fact that players are cordial even as they try to lynch each other seems like an alien concept to you.

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

As it stands, I see that actually some of you low posters can't even be analysed. Dear God, I have ten times the amount of posts Fener/Kaschan/Thyrllan have, and even with all my spam, I've posted more content. I think I've more than earned the ability to sit tight and be quiet for a night. Also, I'm doing an essay. :rant:

I had three votes on me, that hardly constitutes a likely lynch. And If you know who Silanah is, well, he WILL lynch me later. He's just taking a wee reprieve, one in which I also already said I wouldn't post, but you people are just goading me into it. Liosan, if you read through our conversation you can clearly see why we're being quiet: Because us being loud and dominating gives killers something to hide behind. We're being used as a smokescreen, because of our more or less foundless arguments. If you continue trying to drag me into the open like this I will start to look at you very seriously indeed. As it is IGMEOY right atm.

Point 1: Lets push the attention onto those damn low posters. Even though hitting scum there would be basically random chance. Good plan there.

Point 2: 3 votes, fairly early day one, with others willing. 3 votes can easily start a train. Easily.

Point 3: Silanah, to me, is silanah. I judge on how people play a game. Not some mysitc meta bullshit.

Point 4: Theres that damn smokescreen again. If you want to avoid it, try not making fucking foundless arguments. Even so, discussion about other players now, is better than everyone else doing it later anyway, it saves time, we get opinions, we get more to judge on.

Point 5: Threaten away, I dont care. What is so fucking terrible about people being in the open, it gives more to build cases on. Whats the problem there, for an inno?

i agree with the first three points you make, but either you never read what we said or your being deliberately obtuse. No one said they were going to hide, we have played mafia before; as an inno thats a definite nono - as an evil that would rate up there with "if i die tonight" as things garaunteed to garner serious heat.

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 08:29 PM, said:

Oh, and for the record Liosan, being dragged out into the open is bad when its for foundless reasons other than to discuss players who have already been discussed to death. You're really being antagonistic here, putting a sinister slant on absolutely everything, and doing your very best to pull me into an argument. Which will serve absolutely no point. Except to muddy the waters again, and waste valuable time which could be used on other cases.
*cough*symp behaviour*cough*

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 09:06 PM, said:

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 10:23 PM, said:

It's not the discussion that's the problem, it's the fact that most players seem happy
to simply watch the whole thing unfold
and not post anything constructive. Read over the thread. The argument I, Shadow, Ano and Silanah had took up the entire thread for a number of pages. I'm not saying I won't discuss things. I'm saying I won't focus on Silanah. I'm perfectly open to making cases on other players, in fact.
And mate? Oh no, heavens no, a term used between two people who know who each other outside of their alts? Christ, we must be scum. Just like me and Bent were scum for being somewhat courteous to each other and defending each other.
Edit: bloody crosspost

Thats exactly what you and sil are saying you're gonna do though, sit back. Yes they shouldnt. Neither should you.

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 10:29 PM, said:

Oh, and for the record Liosan, being dragged out into the open is bad when its for foundless reasons other than to discuss players who have already been discussed to death. You're really being antagonistic here, putting a sinister slant on absolutely everything, and doing your very best to pull me into an argument. Which will serve absolutely no point. Except to muddy the waters again, and waste valuable time which could be used on other cases.
*cough*symp behaviour*cough*

And this post is basically stating thats its now "scummy" to look at you and silanah. When the fuck did you two become CI. If you've been discussed before, its generally because you've been suspicious before.
Are you saying to discuss someone thats already been discussed, for completely different reasons, is now "scummy" aswell.
Its basically just saying:

Even though you have completely no reason to trust me or silanah, its pointless looking at us. In fact, its a scum tactic to discuss us any further.

your directing those comments at rashan but you painted me with the same brush. I never said anything liek this and yet your psuh that impression in every post as if rashan and i were somehow the same player, that is scummy.

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 09:18 PM, said:

I'm not gonna defend myself is a really nice way of making people doubt themselves, generally used when any defence you can think of will be shit, and therefore make people more likely to vote.

Why not defend? We have hours.
Surely there is a good, innocent, perfectly reasonable reason why you dont want you or silanah discussed further.

You go concentrate on other players.
Its a good thing to do, and who knows, build a decent enough case, and it may be very helpful, and everyone may lynch them, and they'll be a killer. Im happy to listen to any case you have.
Of course, I reckon you should still have time to put in a defence somewhere. If you can.

Tbh, I doubt any defence you have will be enough for me.
You seem to me, to have blatantly tried to stop people discussing you (or sil for that matter, hopefully defence there though), and called it scummy, etc, which to me just seems to scream scum.
Yes, we need to look at other people aswell.
That doesnt mean we shouldnt look at people already looked at.
You seem to be trying to convince everyone to ignore you. If you're innocent, and there isnt anything scummy about you, and everything you do has a reasonable explanation, why shouldnt they?

Rashan

you do back up your agression with a vote so no complaints there.

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

Since Rashan is refusing to defend, dont suppose you could say you're reasons sil, as you're guilty of the same thing, although to a lesser degree, it seemed to me.

Also, yeah, the ano death wasnt the most surprising death ever. The killers will want to keep people in, especially innos, who stir up confusion, not people who people are calling likely innocent, and who isnt being unhelpful or anything.

That second paragrraph caught my attention. i dotn know it just reads funny is all. Anos death isnt surprising, because kilelrs want to keep innos alive who stir up confusion?? ano was heavily involved day one and last i check gem came up inno ;)

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

Feners kinda starting to contribute.
Although you could say hes deliberately doing it, due to the pressure on low posters. Argh, the confusion.

Ive g2g soon anyway.

Ive decided that I dont want to lynch a low poster.
Not yet anyway.

If you're not going to contribute, then its almost impossible to judge you, and therefore, its just chance to find the killer.
Therefore, if you're not going to actually play the game, you may as well be treated as such.
If you're not going to play the game, it will just be chance we pick the right one.
If people think that this is how they want to win, fine, but if you win without playing, you dont deserve it.
So im going to play with the people who are playing.
And the people who are not, dont really deserve to win, and unless they start contrbuting there is hardly point in them playing.

I am in two minds.

I feel they deserve lynched.
I also think that doing so stops us, the ones who are actually trying, from playing, and so is a waste of time and enjoyment.

again big brush strokes, but soem sense and like minded with me ragarding the dangers of voting off low posters.

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

Yes silanah, I am refusing to let you out of the spotlight.
Because its basically assuming that you arent scum.
In fact, that post has been nicely set up, by all the hints that anyone still looking at you is scummy.

I am looking at everyone.
It just so happens that you're looking the most scummy to me, and low posters are pointless, cause there is nothing to judge.

You two have basically been posting propoganda, about how its scummy to look at you.
Sorry, but I think thats very scummy.

And now you're trying to make me look scummy for not allowing you to fade out of thought?
Thats ridiculous.
Everyone should remain thought about.
You're basically saying its scummy not to ignore you.
I dont intend on ignoring anyone.
But you two are the only two asking to be ignored, which makes you seem far more scummy.

Forgive me for attacking the people I find most scummy, thats such a stupid thing to do...

again its not being in the spotlight i had a problem with, read the first quote, its being in the spotlight with rashan. Look at what way things went this morning, that would have started at beginning of day and not stopped if both of us hadnt decided to cool off at look at others for a while. Not once do i say dont look at me or its scummy, yet you againpropogate the impression that i have stated or implied that.

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 10:02 PM, said:

Also, Silanah, I thought you're objection wasnt to being in the spotlight.
I thought it was that you two were only discussing each other in the spotlight.
There's quite a difference.

I am happy that you are looking at other people.
I just dont want everyone else to look at just other people, and forget you, both must be looked at.

I also hate people refusing to defend themselves.

Oh, and Rashan, who's voting Kaschan?

Finally you begint o see sense and realise that what you are spouting isnt gospel.

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 10:04 PM, said:

View PostSilanah, on Nov 25 2008, 11:51 PM, said:

Possibly the starngest thing yet is that when we agreed to lay off each other until tomorrow morning Liosan has done his damnest to make us two the centre of attention again pulling the attention back to rashan and himself in melodramatic fashion. Does no one else find this strange?

Here he objects to being in the spotlight.
Now, I thought his complaint was that his Rashan vs Him thing was stopping us discussing others.
Well, we're discussing them now.
And he's still got a problem with being in the spotlight?
Why?

Not objecting to being in the spotlight, you label myself and rashan and thrust us two back intot he spotlight as if we are one pair. t his is exactly what a symp does, tries to draw attention away fromt he game and onto a asmall subnet they know is safe to attack, which is why i wanted th egame to broaden out to include others.

Without your shield from day 1 liosan you are very suspect in my eyes. just be thankful i still think rashan is worse, AND that i stand by my convictions, because my stubborness is keeping my vote where it is.

This post has been edited by Silanah: 26 November 2008 - 03:43 PM

#876 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

The problem with Liosan is, looking at that case, he's most likely a symp or an aggressive inno, either way he will probably come up inno which will get me lynched. I'm willing to take that risk if he's a symp, it seems like a fair trade, but if he's an inno its game over when I'm gone unless someone vigs a killer or prevents a killer from killing someone.
Nonetheless, I judge it a worthwhile trade. My vote stays.

#877 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

View PostD'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 03:20 PM, said:

ok, back for a bit
short night of sleep was short, so my attention span's not anywhere near top shape.
then i'm gone for another 3 hour meeting or so, then i;m gonna be on pretty solidly, almost up to the deadline, if necessary.

sorry mate - i am heading home soon and have archery tonight, i am too tired to look into it again. I just want to know why you defended rashan, its not scummy in itself, but if he comes back guilty, like i said i will be looking at you.

#878 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 26 2008, 03:57 PM, said:

View PostD'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 03:20 PM, said:

ok, back for a bit

sorry mate - i am heading home soon and have archery tonight, i am too tired to look into it again. I just want to know why you defended rashan, its not scummy in itself, but if he comes back guilty, like i said i will be looking at you.

Look at him anyway, Sil. I've said it a million times, I'll come up inno on CF.

#879 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

I did not find the case on him to be that strong, in short
and there was a number of things he did that I agree with, and that were reasonable and in my opinion, are aimed at helping the innos--one of them being his agreement with you to set your feud on hold to give otheres a chance to participate. The goal of the scum, as I see it, would be to cause as much confusion as humanly possible--and having you two monoloize all attention for another day would be a type of move i'd expect along that line.
I was also put off by the accusations he got from Liosan (whose motivations are an enigma to me), and gamelon, on whom I can't get much of a read, which is something I don't much like in itself.

#880 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

View PostD'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 04:03 PM, said:

I did not find the case on him to be that strong, in short
and there was a number of things he did that I agree with, and that were reasonable and in my opinion, are aimed at helping the innos--one of them being his agreement with you to set your feud on hold to give otheres a chance to participate. The goal of the scum, as I see it, would be to cause as much confusion as humanly possible--and having you two monoloize all attention for another day would be a type of move i'd expect along that line.
I was also put off by the accusations he got from Liosan (whose motivations are an enigma to me), and gamelon, on whom I can't get much of a read, which is something I don't much like in itself.

Thank you for the defence, D'riss.
Despite the fact I kinda stabbed you in the post above. :rant:
I personally think Liosan's attempt to start up the argument, coupled with his fake reveal, is the most blatantly scummy thing in the game. It's so blatant I'm trying not to think of it really. Means he's probably a symp. If he's a killer gambling all on the protection of his fake reveal, he's very foolish indeed.

Share this topic:

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

175 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 175 guests, 0 anonymous users