• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fallout 3

#81 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

I like Dogmeat, but there are some problems with him once and a while. In my game he tends to get stuck on things often, so he won't follow me until 30 minutes later when I have to save him from many mutants. Of course, I can't let him die so I have to reload because of him.

On another note, and 360 gamers having problems with the sound? Mine will cut away for like 5 minutes and then come back on. The regular tv comes in fine so I think its the game, but not sure.

#82 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:50 AM

View PostSilencer, on Nov 4 2008, 05:16 AM, said:

Dogmeat is....a dog. A very helpful dog. :p

Thanks for that! Your brain is like an encyclopedia! Every time I need information from now on I am coming straight to you encyclopedia man!

[/sarcasm]

:p

#83 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:54 AM

*Readies ban-stick* :p

Seriously though, what more is there to say on the subject of Dogmeat?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#84 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:59 AM

Well, where is he for starters .... (Don't worry about answering that, btw. I already found out)

*Grovels before the person who trouble forgot was an admin* ... >_>

This post has been edited by Trouble: 04 November 2008 - 05:59 AM

#85 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:17 AM

Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking it slowly anyway. I'm just hanging out around Megaton atm. Furthest I've ventured is the Germantown Police HQ. And that was mostly in a straight line. So I haven't explored much.

How much of the map have you lot seen, btw?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#86 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:29 AM

I've discovered about 60 places.

I'm thinking about starting again. Don't get me wrong, my character rules. But I'm seen as the anti christ ... and its making it hard for me.

#87 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:31 AM

It's good.

Bloody mess still makes me chuckle ever after the 100th time of some poor mutant exploding.

#88 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:34 AM

Ah yes. Bloody Mess. Now, it's really awesome - and not as overrated as some people think. I would have preferred it if it only worked on VATS kills - sometimes it gets a bit ridiculous for my liking under normal circumstances.

I love perks. :p

Shinrei said:

#89 User is offline   Osric 

• Captain
  • Interests:Books, Games, Programming, Beer, Women, Movies

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:50 AM

So does dogmeat die easily? I really dont wanna have my pet die. :p Ill just end up quicksaving and loading every 5 minutes, something I try and avoid in this game.. When I get hurt or step on a mine I deal with it instead of quicksaving at every entrance and reloading, adds more realism imo.
Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.
-Bult

#90 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

View PostTrouble, on Nov 4 2008, 07:29 AM, said:

But I'm seen as the anti christ ... and its making it hard for me.

Sounds like a norml day on the forum...

I am so jealous of you people, my computer is worthless, thus leaving me no choice but to play 10 year old shooters for fun.

#91 User is offline   Mushroom 

• Banned

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:21 AM

I haven't had any problems being super evil.

Its been fucking awesome so far really. Only regret is that I took till about level 3 till I decided which way I wanted to go. To late to Nuke that town then, I think.

Seeing somethings head blow off on Vats will never get old as well, especially when its some critter doing a jump attack at you in the air an you take their head off.

Particularly enjoyed stabbing to death all the people in the town in the simulation. That was fucking awesome.

Definately have to play the game again though as a good guy next time round.

#92 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

sweet.

I just always thought it a bit queer in Oblivion how you can be an evil dickhead and steal, cheat, murder, pickpocket etc...but then the second you want to complete the game you have to completely forgo being evil and break character to save oblivion-land from evil demon thingys.

Any word on multi-endings depending on your alignment?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#93 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:01 PM

100 endings depending on the various hings you did during your game i hear.

#94 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:17 PM

A spoiler of endings I have heard from reliable sources.

Spoiler

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#95 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

View PostOsric, on Nov 4 2008, 04:50 AM, said:

So does dogmeat die easily? I really dont wanna have my pet die. :p Ill just end up quicksaving and loading every 5 minutes, something I try and avoid in this game.. When I get hurt or step on a mine I deal with it instead of quicksaving at every entrance and reloading, adds more realism imo.

Did you blow up Megaton? I let it live and have been doing quests for the supply chick. She made me go get real radiated to do some tests and now I've mutated so crippled limbs automatically regenerate :p

Fairly handy and highly recommended for those that didn't destroy the town.

And I was trying to be relatively good until I accidently broke into the armory (I had the key, didn't think it'd be a problem) and there was a fucking robot standing there waiting to kill me. But then most of the town came after me along with the robot....so after several frag grendades and multiple headshots I think most of the town is dead. I just hope I can continue with the quests in the town. (I turned it off after the slaughter)

Oh well.

This post has been edited by Sparkimus: 04 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#96 User is offline   Osric 

• Captain
  • Interests:Books, Games, Programming, Beer, Women, Movies

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

View PostSparkimus, on Nov 4 2008, 03:55 PM, said:

View PostOsric, on Nov 4 2008, 04:50 AM, said:

Did you blow up Megaton? I let it live and have been doing quests for the supply chick. She made me go get real radiated to do some tests and now I've mutated so crippled limbs automatically regenerate :p

Fairly handy and highly recommended for those that didn't destroy the town.

And I was trying to be relatively good until I accidently broke into the armory (I had the key, didn't think it'd be a problem) and there was a fucking robot standing there waiting to kill me. But then most of the town came after me along with the robot....so after several frag grendades and multiple headshots I think most of the town is dead. I just hope I can continue with the quests in the town. (I turned it off after the slaughter)

Oh well.

No I didnt blow it up, and I did that quest too, Im just not usually very erm.. radiated.
I dont find the game very hard right now, I meant more like, if I get the dog, will it die easily? I do step on the occasional mine and do get surrounded by zombies sometimes, I mean, I usually come out alive, just a couple of stims or a trip to my house to fix myself up, but if I had a squishy dog that died each time I'd get annoyed.

And thanks for the heads up on the armory, I've been debating wether to go in it or not, guess I wont. XD Playing a good character now, I'll be sure to play the evil female on my next playthrough. That's what I generally do, play the good guy and get through the story and then the evil chick and have some fun. Most games like oblivion and whatever are usually aimed towards good characters, and being evil usually 'breaks' the story, so I get the good out of the way first. :p

This post has been edited by Osric: 04 November 2008 - 03:06 PM

Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.
-Bult

#97 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

dogmeat is weak as piss, i tend to leave him waiting for me unless i am fighting mercs. the super mutants tend to kill him easily as do ants cause intelligence isnt his strong point. am looking forward to getting home for a stint!!!

#98 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

@drinks, obdi

Thanks. Good to know. I'm sold and will be buying this soon I think.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#99 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

View PostOsric, on Nov 4 2008, 10:05 AM, said:

And thanks for the heads up on the armory, I've been debating wether to go in it or not, guess I wont. XD Playing a good character now, I'll be sure to play the evil female on my next playthrough. That's what I generally do, play the good guy and get through the story and then the evil chick and have some fun. Most games like oblivion and whatever are usually aimed towards good characters, and being evil usually 'breaks' the story, so I get the good out of the way first. :p

Yeah, I was completely unprepared and Sgt. Steel ( I think that's what it was called) sent me packing several times before I wised up and used grenades...And here's another hint - Hovering robots don't set off mines, so don't waste them.

I didn't loot the armory yet since I'm not sure how the non-megaton settlers will react now that I wiped most of em out.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#100 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

So I finally got to the GNR building. I talked Three-Dog into giving up his info, but I am still going to do the quest for him since I need whats-her-face out front to agree to let me into the citadel.

POWER ARMOR WILL BE MINE
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users