• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26441 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:25 PM

Congressman Elijah Cummings passed away last night.

Shit.

https://www.npr.org/...ings-dies-at-68
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#26442 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:58 PM

Caught a cold. The last thing I need right now to add to my general misery.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#26443 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:56 AM

Yds, officer, these forum posts right here.

#26444 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

Looking like a delay on my flight home.

Boooooooo

#26445 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:11 PM

View PostMacros, on 18 October 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

Looking like a delay on my flight home.

Boooooooo

i said i was sorry, dammit.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26446 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:55 AM

View PostAbyss, on 14 October 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

View PostBfuckinK, on 13 October 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

Daughter txt me earlier, “You should surprise me for my 16th bday by giving me the Corvette.”

I don’t think so!

Could be worse.
She could have asked for the truck.

I thought it was an accepted practice to inherit the place you were conceived in. ;)

I just came back from a short stint out field. Totally pointless and made unnecessarily extra "green", which lost the initial point of going out there in a relaxed style simply to test systems and SOPs. Widget black every day too - that's when the wet bulb thermometer is over a certain reading which puts it in the "black" zone which is no work because it's TOO FUCKING HOT. :rant:

I lost nearly 5kg in 5 days. Could barely eat. Oh well, I was starting to get a spare tyre. :p

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 19 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26447 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 19 October 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 14 October 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

View PostBfuckinK, on 13 October 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

Daughter txt me earlier, “You should surprise me for my 16th bday by giving me the Corvette.”

I don’t think so!

Could be worse.
She could have asked for the truck.

I thought it was an accepted practice to inherit the place you were conceived in. ;)

I just came back from a short stint out field. Totally pointless and made unnecessarily extra "green", which lost the initial point of going out there in a relaxed style simply to test systems and SOPs. Widget black every day too - that's when the wet bulb thermometer is over a certain reading which puts it in the "black" zone which is no work because it's TOO FUCKING HOT. :rant:

I lost nearly 5kg in 5 days. Could barely eat. Oh well, I was starting to get a spare tyre. :p

When do you get to return to civilisation down here in Brisbane? XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#26448 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:00 PM

View PostSilencer, on 19 October 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

When do you get to return to civilisation down here in Brisbane? XD

Should be around 15 Jan. Cannot wait. :)

These next 2 months until I go on end-of-year/posting leave are going to suuuuuuuuuck. :p

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 19 October 2019 - 12:01 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26449 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 19 October 2019 - 03:15 PM

Turns out their is a big difference between having everything ready to pack and packing it.

Sunday and Monday to go! Things are getting real

#26450 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

civilisation

Brisbane

Kappa

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26451 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:38 AM

Aren't you a Northerner? Jealousy's a curse Maarky Maark. ;)

#26452 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:48 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 21 October 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

Aren't you a Northerner? Jealousy's a curse Maarky Maark. ;)

Imagine being jealous of the South in any way shape or form

Though I am originally form Dorset.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26453 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

We made a last minute booking for half term, and are now in Majorca.

It's raining. It was a bit of a gamble but it's still a bit of a bummer. Theres an indoor pool, and the kids were running around outside in the splash park despite the rain, but it's not quite the same. We went to Cyprus last October and got lucky, hot sun all week.

My wife's a bit despondent, but also there's definitely something on her mind that means she's being a bit... distant.
I'm kind of worried, have been for weeks really and want to know what's up, but on the other hand I don't want to start something while we're in a hotel for a week.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26454 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:09 AM

The left in America are actually getting..scary. The slide into intolerance is growing. You can definitely watch it...take a side they dont believe..tell them they are wrong.its wild.

Now a certain group took out a site with names and addresses of people who donated to trump...to “protest” outside their houses..
I’m not posting links.
Now that this information is in the wild...who’s to know how they won’t act upon in the future.

I would think this is a time of a leader of that party to banhammer this ideology as the internet is a vast information sharing resource and in no way is this particular methodology healthy.

(I donated to Trumps campaign in response to this measure out of pure spite, bring it. Better me than some family if some crazy person shows up)

Overall made me a little sad on the overall implications ( the long collapse indeed.prep!)
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#26455 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:57 AM

Posted Image
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26456 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:59 AM

Yeah, meanwhile the right has fucking nazies walking in the streets, militias vowing to take back America if the orange prince is impeached, religious bigots persecuting gay people and people who get abortions... But the left are pretty scary because some random group or incident got brought up on Breitbart or what ever cesspool you get your opinions from.

Somebody should probably reopen the US politics thread.

#26457 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:15 AM

You mean someone posted a list of peoples names that was already publicly available information!

THE HORRORRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#26458 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:41 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 22 October 2019 - 02:09 AM, said:

The left in America are actually getting..scary. The slide into intolerance is growing. You can definitely watch it...take a side they dont believe..tell them they are wrong.its wild.

Now a certain group took out a site with names and addresses of people who donated to trump...to “protest” outside their houses..
I’m not posting links.
Now that this information is in the wild...who’s to know how they won’t act upon in the future.

I would think this is a time of a leader of that party to banhammer this ideology as the internet is a vast information sharing resource and in no way is this particular methodology healthy.

(I donated to Trumps campaign in response to this measure out of pure spite, bring it. Better me than some family if some crazy person shows up)

Overall made me a little sad on the overall implications ( the long collapse indeed.prep!)

At least if they are lefties they aren't going to have guns.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#26459 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostSilencer, on 22 October 2019 - 04:14 AM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 22 October 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

Yeah, meanwhile the right has fucking nazies walking in the streets, militias vowing to take back America if the orange prince is impeached, religious bigots persecuting gay people and people who get abortions... But the left are pretty scary because some random group or incident got brought up on Breitbart or what ever cesspool you get your opinions from.

Somebody should probably reopen the US politics thread.

Not if this is any example of the level of discourse that will be taking place there.

@ Slowben..it’s irresponsible in this case they label them as racists and tell strangers to go essentially harass people. This could grow violent easily. I’m pretty sure that’s illegal..imagine if some nutball group released women who visited abortion clinics from pulling there debit statements and posted this online. This information is technically public knowledge if you pull it..is terrible in scope.

@ apt You can definitely take this to PM Apt..but there are no “nazis” , there are no militias and this type of stuff is drivel the main stream media has been pushing for a story....for some time now. This is all make believe stuff...no vast ideology is being propagated that focuses on these two things at *all*.This is something the modern left has been running with just like Russian Gate. It’s fake...no mass American Nazis ...no mass militias running about. Everyone here just wants to be happy and successful you know? To enjoy our friends family and neighbors and even total strangers.

Just remember this is all make believe stuff. No vast nazi group, no mass militias...

@ Worry: All my links come from solid sources, they may have information that members don’t want to hear, but it should be explored with civil and intelligent conversation.

Over the last couples years I usually go to *media bias fact check* and try to only grab centralist articles...though no fact checker is perfect. I do admit some tongue in cheek stuff as everybody is so serious here at times. Levity is a good thing too. Sometimes people are on some eye rolling tangents
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#26460 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:30 AM

Sidebar was toots thinking it would be oh wow Nico that’s like incel level behavior!!!

( you can always PM the menace of the right wing and how they are Nazis , Russian Agents , Milltia centric , ultra conservatives !! It’s really interesting how this is all tied together .. I mean Russia, Nazi and Ultra religious wackos that all form together as a militia .. now that’s some twisted ideology!! Pm me links. Fascinating)

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users