• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#30261 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 19 January 2024 - 12:01 AM

They lose effectiveness if you are trying to cook for a family because they are all so damn small. It’s not helpful to have to cook 8 batches of something to feed the family.
Error: Signature not valid

#30262 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 January 2024 - 03:23 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 19 January 2024 - 12:01 AM, said:

They lose effectiveness if you are trying to cook for a family because they are all so damn small. It's not helpful to have to cook 8 batches of something to feed the family.

Aren't some big enough for an entire turkey?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#30263 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 January 2024 - 05:53 PM

My Uber driver is 100% being catfished by a ‘women’ in Singapore. They met through a dating app last year Feb 7th. Never met in person. They have video calls but her phone is broken. I haven’t shared this suspicion because I don’t know to have that in a good way. It’s killing me! This man needs help.

#30264 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 20 January 2024 - 05:47 AM

View PostAbyss, on 19 January 2024 - 03:23 PM, said:

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 19 January 2024 - 12:01 AM, said:

They lose effectiveness if you are trying to cook for a family because they are all so damn small. It's not helpful to have to cook 8 batches of something to feed the family.

Aren't some big enough for an entire turkey?

Maybe, every one I e seen was small though. Even if they have two baskets, they are small baskets.
Error: Signature not valid

#30265 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 21 January 2024 - 06:36 PM

Storm Isha is hitting the UK. It's loud and windy outside and that's never good for me.

I think next door is being used for bullshit again. I've noticed the lights going on / off at set times, and the walls are thin enough between properties that you should be able to hear people talking or moving about, and I can't - and despite moving in three weeks ago, the guy in there hasn't taken his bin out once.

Very, very weird.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#30266 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 January 2024 - 08:08 AM

Doss house/drop house type set up there I'd guess Maark. Possibly a bunch of unsavoury characters with access...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#30267 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 22 January 2024 - 08:47 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 22 January 2024 - 08:08 AM, said:

Doss house/drop house type set up there I'd guess Maark. Possibly a bunch of unsavoury characters with access...

I'm not sure because we'd hear their door or gate going if that was the case and we haven't heard so much as a peep really. It's a possibility, though. I'm more inclined to think it's being used as a grower though, simply because it's been used as one twice before and the uniformity of when certain lights come on and then go off is unnatural.

I am hoping that once wife is stable in work and we've cleared off her debt, we can start saving for somewhere in a nicer neighbourhood. Land registry says our house is worth about 120k now (we paid 87.5k on mortgage) so hopefully that increases our bargaining power when we get to that stage.

#30268 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 January 2024 - 12:22 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 22 January 2024 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'm not sure because we'd hear their door or gate going if that was the case and we haven't heard so much as a peep really. It's a possibility, though. I'm more inclined to think it's being used as a grower though, simply because it's been used as one twice before and the uniformity of when certain lights come on and then go off is unnatural.

Ah I see yes... Are there windows that always have curtains/drapes closed? I'd the dude who moved in Vietnamese/SE Asian looking? If it's a grower and there's just one dude living there as a farmer he's likely trafficked/exploited into doing the work. Which would also explain the lack of speaking/noise because they wouldn't give him a TV or phone or anything.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#30269 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 22 January 2024 - 12:57 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 22 January 2024 - 12:22 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 22 January 2024 - 08:47 AM, said:

Ah I see yes... Are there windows that always have curtains/drapes closed? I'd the dude who moved in Vietnamese/SE Asian looking? If it's a grower and there's just one dude living there as a farmer he's likely trafficked/exploited into doing the work. Which would also explain the lack of speaking/noise because they wouldn't give him a TV or phone or anything.

Yes and yes - we had two sets of Eastern Euros in there before, first set had the same timer on the lights, blinds never come up, never hear a peep, bins never go out, car is never there. The current guy is East Asian in some capacity. We had a weird incident where a half van with a couple of dicey looking chaps came asking after him whilst I was in the yard as if he'd been there for years (and seemed bemused when I said he hasn't moved in yet) .

We then have what I suspect is an unregistered HMO at the next house up the road who are the ones who've caused issues with parking and stopped when I went knocking last weekend, so the row is not doing so great just now it seems. I'm just hoping we don't have any more baseball bat raids from rival gangs next door again.

#30270 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 January 2024 - 05:52 PM

Sheesh south Yorkshire is brutal hah
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#30271 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 22 January 2024 - 08:35 PM

The weird thing is, it's been quiet here for years. But the first set of dealers in next door after the guy who owned when we moved in bugged out when they got raided by another gang in summer (three doors up said it was a balaclavas and bats job, and it was fucking loud for us too), then the next guys who rented it did a fuckload of masonry damage, vents in their chimney and holes in floors for pipes and whatnot, and then we finally think maybe we've got someone just moving in and within 3 weeks I'm certain it's being used to grow... again.

Sooner we're somewhere nicer the better really.

#30272 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:40 PM

I am absolutely sick of Taylor Swift.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#30273 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:48 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 29 January 2024 - 12:40 PM, said:

Stop watching Chiefs games then ... ;)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#30274 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 29 January 2024 - 01:09 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 29 January 2024 - 12:48 PM, said:

It’s not just that… she’s constantly in the news. I just don’t get why the world is so obsessed with one human.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#30275 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 29 January 2024 - 01:56 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 29 January 2024 - 01:09 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 29 January 2024 - 12:48 PM, said:

It's not just that… she's constantly in the news. I just don't get why the world is so obsessed with one human.

Taylor Swift has transcended the label of celebrity. She’s looking fame in the rearview mirror.

Taylor Swift is the most famous person on our planet. She has an army behind her and they will watch NFL games just to catch a glimpse of her. [...] A recent Vanity Fair headline declared “Winter Storm Awaits Taylor Swift if She Attends [... NFL jibberjabber] Game.” Even the weather is only relevant in its relation to Taylor Swift.

Meanwhile, on TikTok, the NFL changed its bio to read “Taylor was here.” One NFL executive [said ...] “Anytime she was doing something, cheering for Travis, Travis was doing something and celebrating whatever that may have been, we knew we had to push that content very quickly.” Swift called her first NFL appearance a “hard launch” of her relationship. This is a relationship of “hard launches” and quickly pushed content.

It begins to feel like Taylor Swift isn’t dating Travis Kelce as much as she’s dating the National Football League. As though the two biggest cultural brands in America finally found each other. And the NFL wants Taylor in the Super Bowl. She brings viewers, millions of them. [...] Taylor Swift finally climbs down from the bleachers and gets her happily-ever-after as her boyfriend proposes with the Super Bowl confetti falling. That’s the biggest cultural moment of the 21st century right there and the NFL owns it. Like actually, their contract says they own “any footage taken of events inside an NFL stadium.”

Why I'm Routing Against Taylor Swift

... he proposes to her on camera after winning the Superbowl... and she says no... and then posts a song about it!

But hey, it couldn't possibly make American football more boring, could it?... she should be singing about the game whenever they cut to her! Preferably making fun of the players, and how boring and ridiculous the whole thing is.

Her singing/songwriting/production isn't even all that great. Though it's definitely an improvement over a lot of the garbage pop that was popular in the late nineties and early aughts.

As for the Harvard professor who's teaching a course on Taylor Swift in the English literature department... I read her defense of it and she failed to convince me Taylor Swift is a great songwriter (a good one? sure, and great at making songs that are popular but artistically unambitious---her attempt to do more in Folkore was mediocre). She's no Mitski, Aldous Harding, Tori Amos, Joanna Newsom, etc. etc. The justification for the course comes from Swift's cultural influence---part of the general shift in high-level English literature departments towards sociology (and reading shitty literature because it was historically popular or representative of the racism/classism/sexism/etc. trends of its time...).

#30276 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 29 January 2024 - 03:45 PM

I will be very cross if the Chiefs win the Superbowl but that's because I'm a Niners fan and has nothing to do with TS.

Funnily enough while I'm not a fan I don't mind all the coverage because she's really winding up the right wing nutjobs because she's asking young people to vote. Yep, that's literally the story. They really hate her now and it makes me laugh to see the frothing bellends get so wound up.

Now if we're critical of her because of the carbon emissions of her private jet then yes I am 100% behind this.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#30277 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 29 January 2024 - 09:28 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 29 January 2024 - 03:45 PM, said:

I will be very cross if the Chiefs win the Superbowl but that's because I'm a Niners fan and has nothing to do with TS.

Funnily enough while I'm not a fan I don't mind all the coverage because she's really winding up the right wing nutjobs because she's asking young people to vote. Yep, that's literally the story. They really hate her now and it makes me laugh to see the frothing bellends get so wound up.

Now if we're critical of her because of the carbon emissions of her private jet then yes I am 100% behind this.

Far-Right Snowflakes Are Terrified of the Super Bowl and Taylor Swift

The big-brained tough guys of online see the Kansas City Chiefs’ fourth Super Bowl appearance in five years as evidence of a Deep State psy-op.

[...] not only is Taylor Swift an FBI and Pentagon psyop, the Deep State is also rigging the NFL to make one of the world’s most famous entertainers and her already Hall of Fame-bound boyfriend, Travis Kelce, “artificially” famous.

[...] This crazy conspiracy is quickly gaining steam. Take Vivek Ramaswamy, for example. [...] “I wonder who’s going to win the Super Bowl next month. In response to Pizzagate pusher [... Ramaswamy] tweeted, “And I wonder if there’s a major presidential endorsement coming from an artificially culturally propped-up couple this fall…”

Far-Right Snowflakes Are Terrified of the Super Bowl and Taylor Swift (thedailybeast.com)

lol

#30278 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 30 January 2024 - 07:40 AM

My main query is how does someone get so famous over such shit music

Like she makes Ed Sheeran sound halfway tolerable and that's an achievement in and of itself

#30279 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 January 2024 - 08:39 AM

She's good and I hope she gets even more famous.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#30280 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 30 January 2024 - 08:44 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 30 January 2024 - 07:40 AM, said:

My main query is how does someone get so famous over such shit music

Like she makes Ed Sheeran sound halfway tolerable and that's an achievement in and of itself

Can't be that shit because a lot of people seem to like it. It isn't in my interest sphere though. To be honest, I genuinely don't think I can name a single Taylor Swift song. But I am sure they are acceptable to the ear.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

• 1532 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users