• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#30241 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 15 January 2024 - 08:41 AM

I got some propanolol so yeah I'm about as medicated as I'm prepared to be.

Had to go knock on up the road's door last night as they'd parked over drive again. I'm hoping having actually gone over puts it to rest (I take the car out at 5:30am and then sometimes in the evening for band) but I'm getting more and more concerned that there's an unregistered and unlicensed HMO up there given they seem to have anywhere between 3-5 cars and that the house next to them (who's also had issues with parking) said he wasn't sure how many people were even in there, just that it was a lot.

I suppose I'll have to just monitor and see how it goes.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#30242 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 January 2024 - 04:29 PM

Ever since I had cancer I have become a bit medically paranoid. I know it but it is what it is. I like to have anything checked out early and have a doctor tell me everything is fine and then the small worry in the back of my mind can go away. It works.

I had some extra FSA funds to spend or lose by the end of the year and no real use for them so I bought a nice looking glucose monitor. I test my blood glucose about once a month to make sure I am not heading down the path of diabetes and also because my doctor told me it could be a warning sing of cancer. The new meter showed me as prediabetic and had me concerned. This was odd as I my previous tests were more than fine. So I tested every day for a week and kept getting the same result. So I tested my old meter, which showed me as fine but the strips on the old meter were expired which is why I decided to get a new one.

So I bought a third meter which also shows me as fine. So long story short, paranoia led to more paranoia when in fact I am healthy and well.

#30243 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 January 2024 - 07:19 PM

View PostCause, on 15 January 2024 - 04:29 PM, said:

Ever since I had cancer I have become a bit medically paranoid. I know it but it is what it is. I like to have anything checked out early and have a doctor tell me everything is fine and then the small worry in the back of my mind can go away. It works.

I had some extra FSA funds to spend or lose by the end of the year and no real use for them so I bought a nice looking glucose monitor. I test my blood glucose about once a month to make sure I am not heading down the path of diabetes and also because my doctor told me it could be a warning sing of cancer. The new meter showed me as prediabetic and had me concerned. This was odd as I my previous tests were more than fine. So I tested every day for a week and kept getting the same result. So I tested my old meter, which showed me as fine but the strips on the old meter were expired which is why I decided to get a new one.

So I bought a third meter which also shows me as fine. So long story short, paranoia led to more paranoia when in fact I am healthy and well.

I'd assume you're probably right, given your background in biology, but IDK why you're so certain the first new meter is malfunctioning but the second new meter is working. Can you expect the old meter to still be accurate with expired strips?

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 15 January 2024 - 07:20 PM

#30244 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 15 January 2024 - 07:26 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 15 January 2024 - 07:19 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 15 January 2024 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'd assume you're probably right, given your background in biology, but IDK why you're so certain the first new meter is malfunctioning but the second new meter is working. Can you expect the old meter to still be accurate with expired strips?

My T1D partner says expired strips are very unreliable.

#30245 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 16 January 2024 - 01:49 AM

The meters all take different strips. Only the strips for the first meter are expired.

I have an annual check up soon but with meter 3 saying I’m in range I’m not worried anymore.

#30246 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 16 January 2024 - 03:05 AM

View PostCause, on 16 January 2024 - 01:49 AM, said:

The meters all take different strips. Only the strips for the first meter are expired.

I have an annual check up soon but with meter 3 saying I’m in range I’m not worried anymore.

Honestly I wouldn’t be since the newest one said you are fine. The second sounds faulty.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#30247 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 January 2024 - 01:19 PM

This isn't that important, but I was wandering around willy nilly like a doofus while brushing my teeth, and I knocked my TV off its stand and messed up the screen.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#30248 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 16 January 2024 - 04:54 PM

Willy nilly made me picture you being naked, which made the following sentence of knocking over your tv come across as very impressive.

#30249 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 January 2024 - 05:31 PM

Get a room.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#30250 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 16 January 2024 - 08:49 PM

I’ve realized that the only reason why I haven’t bought an air fryer at this point is because I’m concerned that this is a fad that will soon go away. So why should I spend $100 on something that will be obsolete next year? Is this how they felt about toasters?

I had no idea where to post this but I’m starting to genuinely wonder if I need an air fryer.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#30251 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 January 2024 - 09:04 PM

We've succumbed to offer something as an Xmas present. Early days but has been handy.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#30252 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 16 January 2024 - 09:25 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 16 January 2024 - 08:49 PM, said:

I've realized that the only reason why I haven't bought an air fryer at this point is because I'm concerned that this is a fad that will soon go away. So why should I spend $100 on something that will be obsolete next year? Is this how they felt about toasters?

I had no idea where to post this but I'm starting to genuinely wonder if I need an air fryer.

how much fried air does your household typically consume in a week?

#30253 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 16 January 2024 - 09:47 PM

View PostAbyss, on 16 January 2024 - 09:25 PM, said:

I've realized that the only reason why I haven't bought an air fryer at this point is because I'm concerned that this is a fad that will soon go away. So why should I spend $100 on something that will be obsolete next year? Is this how they felt about toasters?

I had no idea where to post this but I'm starting to genuinely wonder if I need an air fryer.

how much fried air does your household typically consume in a week?

None tbh because I avoid greasy, high fat foods. I’ve mostly been interested for vegetables and tofu because I think it would help me throw together dinner quicker. I’ve been somewhat concerned about how hard they are to clean.

#30254 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 16 January 2024 - 10:18 PM

I’ve realized that the only reason why I haven’t bought an air fryer at this point is because I’m concerned that this is a fad that will soon go away. So why should I spend $100 on something that will be obsolete next year? Is this how they felt about toasters?

I had no idea where to post this but I’m starting to genuinely wonder if I need an air fryer.

Toaster oven / airfreyer combo! Best thing I own

#30255 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 16 January 2024 - 10:46 PM

Air fryers are great, best kitchen purchase we made in a long time. Forget about the deep fried stuff; just being able to heat bread, melty cheeses etc in a fraction of the time and energy it takes the oven to do it is a godsend.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 16 January 2024 - 10:47 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#30256 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 January 2024 - 01:46 AM

View PostGorefest, on 16 January 2024 - 10:46 PM, said:

Air fryers are great, best kitchen purchase we made in a long time. Forget about the deep fried stuff; just being able to heat bread, melty cheeses etc in a fraction of the time and energy it takes the oven to do it is a godsend.

100%. We use it literally every day.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#30257 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 January 2024 - 07:38 AM

Also on the cleaning front the one we've got seems very easy so far. Sponge wipe down or can go into the dishwasher. Ours isn't the biggest (2-3 portions) but we got it on the basis that if we do long term like it and use it we can always upgrade in the future.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#30258 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 17 January 2024 - 02:47 PM

View PostCyphon, on 17 January 2024 - 07:38 AM, said:

Also on the cleaning front the one we've got seems very easy so far. Sponge wipe down or can go into the dishwasher....

Cleaning requirements are totally a consideration. I don't buy a damn thing for the kitchen that cannot go in the dishwasher.

#30259 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 18 January 2024 - 11:49 PM

Parenting. My kid got scared at school today because some older kids were saying the planes overhead were the start of WWIII and were going to fire rockets on us. He's seen and heard a bit of news about Gaza and Yemen recently and I've been trying to explain in simple terms but also that it's very far away. Just having to even explain is shite. Humans are shite. He picked up a WWII book at the library a few weeks back and was on a page about the Holocaust before I knew it. These things always come up for discussion before you are ready!

On a related note we had a 15 minute car journey a few years ago where I had to answer "Where do dogs come from" so I went through the dog version of the birds and the bees with full anatomical explanation but then it turned out I misunderstood the question and it was even harder because he wanted to know where THE FIRST DOG EVER came from. So then I had to do evolution as well.

Another time I got "Who is death". Fortunately he already knew about dying so I explained death isn't a who but many cultures have pictures of it being a person. He actually wanted to know if we knew any deaf people.

I need to ask for clarification before I get into a big parenting moment.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#30260 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 18 January 2024 - 11:50 PM

I'm also getting belligerent about not accepting they can possibly be as useful as everyone says.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 1523 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users