• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#29621 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:19 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 27 March 2023 - 09:14 AM, said:

Does job #2 involve levelling up to a new tax bracket?

More importantly, does job 2 give you access to space lasers? If so, the extra stress is worth it. I'd even do it for less pay.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#29622 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:20 AM

View PostGorefest, on 27 March 2023 - 09:19 AM, said:

More importantly, does job 2 give you access to space lasers? If so, the extra stress is worth it. I'd even do it for less pay.

Ion Cannon ready...
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#29623 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:51 AM

Im Jewish, I use space based laser weaponry to start fires in California all the time.

MTG may be crazy but she is crazy like a fox. I don’t know know where she gets her intel.

#29624 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:01 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 27 March 2023 - 09:20 AM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 27 March 2023 - 09:19 AM, said:

Ion Cannon ready...

View PostCause, on 27 March 2023 - 09:51 AM, said:

Im Jewish, I use space based laser weaponry to start fires in California all the time.MTG may be crazy but she is crazy like a fox. I don’t know know where she gets her intel.

So, would you describe it as a ...

Zion cannon?

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  yeah.png (147.77K)
    Number of downloads: 0

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29625 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 March 2023 - 02:51 PM

View PostCause, on 27 March 2023 - 09:51 AM, said:

Im Jewish, I use space based laser weaponry to start fires in California all the time.

MTG may be crazy but she is crazy like a fox. I don't know know where she gets her intel.

The Kushners are playing both sides.

...for now.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29626 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 March 2023 - 07:39 PM

I have to end an emergent relationship with an awesome person because the physical side of things just isn't working for me. I don't think it's something that can be changed on either side, so at some point this week, I need to get up the gumption to do this.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#29627 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 March 2023 - 08:14 PM

I'm not asking for details, obviously, but what do you mean by it "just isn't working" Amph? Surely there's something that can be done or are you just not physically attracted to them?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29628 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 27 March 2023 - 08:55 PM

They make pills for that.

Okay I negotiated a pay bump from job 1. The saga ends.

All in all not a bad experience. I interviewed for 7 jobs in a span of a month. 3 never got further than round 1. 1 went for 6 rounds before they ghosted me (not too impressed with that one). 3 good offers. It sucked to lose my job but 3 offers in a month feels like vindication.

#29629 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:06 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 March 2023 - 08:14 PM, said:

I'm not asking for details, obviously, but what do you mean by it "just isn't working" Amph? Surely there's something that can be done or are you just not physically attracted to them?

She's larger than anyone I've been with and there are mechanical issues with PIV. I did a bunch of reading and tried a few different angles and positioning to try to make this work. It ended up being enough of a challenge through all of them that I was losing the mood, which isn't the headspace I want to be in or put someone through.

And I don't want to flat out say this to her because I don't think I would want that.

#29630 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 28 March 2023 - 08:04 AM

I'm astonished at my capacity to hold onto anger sometimes (no, seriously guys).

I suppose waiting twenty years for something only to be let down was always going to suck, but I didn't expect to be going through the stages of grief over it. Jeez.

#29631 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 March 2023 - 08:57 AM

So you're in the "Phantom Menace/Sequel Trilogy" kind of headspace at the moment?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29632 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:47 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 28 March 2023 - 08:57 AM, said:

So you're in the "Phantom Menace/Sequel Trilogy" kind of headspace at the moment?

Attached File(s)

#29633 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:31 PM

View Postamphibian, on 27 March 2023 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 March 2023 - 08:14 PM, said:

She's larger than anyone I've been with and there are mechanical issues with PIV. I did a bunch of reading and tried a few different angles and positioning to try to make this work. It ended up being enough of a challenge through all of them that I was losing the mood, which isn't the headspace I want to be in or put someone through.

And I don't want to flat out say this to her because I don't think I would want that.

Physical incompatibility is a thing. Doesn't need to be stated, there are enough neutral versions of 'not feeling this', 'it's not you it's me' or 'i think you're great, but we're both adults and can recognize when a relationship isn't going any further'.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29634 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 28 March 2023 - 03:24 PM

big rumours of a Skies of Arcadia remaster floating on game sites.

You'd think I would be over the moon with excitement about this. But no. Too much could go wrong. Please just... It's too important to me. Do not.

#29635 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 05 April 2023 - 08:30 AM

I'm hosting two seders for passover. The first is a small one, just 6 people. The second is larger, 12 people.

Two of my guests are family, and they flew in this evening and got a rental car. They're supposed to stay with me and my girlfriend in our 2 bed, 1 bath. Around midnight, they pull up to my house and call me:

"Hey, we're outside, we think! Is your place the one with the porch lights on? Also, X has food poisoning and has been vomiting since we got off the plane and just vomited in the car. Can he come in and use your bathroom?"

I'm not going to refuse that, so I let X in to evacuate both ends in my bathroom. But, I sent them off to a hotel for the night and spent an hour bleaching the bathroom.

The question now is: do I let them come to both seders?

My girlfriend and several of the other guests are all in law school, with finals coming up in a few weeks. The last thing they — or any of my other guests — need is a potential case of norovirus (which is surging in the US). (Not to mention my girlfriend is immunocompromised, so it'd be even worse for her).

Not to mention how inconsiderate it was of the (usually lovely) family members to not call when they landed or call when they got the rental car to ask us how we wanted to handle it. No, they waited until they were right outside the door and in immediate need of a porcelain throne.

Not sure what to do! Part of me wants to disinvite them, even though they flew out here for it. Part of me wants to cancel the seders. Part of me thinks I'm being overly cautious.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 05 April 2023 - 08:37 AM

#29636 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:17 PM

Puking and shitting means they stay outside and can do like a distanced (meters away) greeting, collection of packaged food, and return to hotel room.

Exposing 10+ other people to this seems like a rotten risk to take bc of the puke and shit factor.

#29637 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:20 PM

View Postamphibian, on 05 April 2023 - 05:17 PM, said:

Puking and shitting means they stay outside and can do like a distanced (meters away) greeting, collection of packaged food, and return to hotel room.

Exposing 10+ other people to this seems like a rotten risk to take bc of the puke and shit factor.

Agreed. Kinda douvhey to rock up and make it your problem. You need to protect everyone else, especially your gf if she's vulnerable.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29638 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:49 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 05 April 2023 - 05:20 PM, said:

Agreed. Kinda douvhey to rock up and make it your problem. You need to protect everyone else, especially your gf if she's vulnerable.

Thirded. They can hang out at the hotel if they are sick with a possible contagious virus like Noro.

These two are not your sole responsibility, they are also adults and should understand that they cannot put people at viral risk at your events. If they were good humans, they would get this.

EDIT: Case in point, my wife had something stomach-y (wether is was Noro which is also going round our city) or something else two weeks back, we still called my dad who we had plans with and cancelled to avoid going out and possibly getting others sick. It's common courtesy an we didn't even blink cancelling.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 05 April 2023 - 05:51 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29639 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 April 2023 - 09:39 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 05 April 2023 - 08:30 AM, said:

I'm hosting two seders for passover. The first is a small one, just 6 people. The second is larger, 12 people.

Two of my guests are family, and they flew in this evening and got a rental car. They're supposed to stay with me and my girlfriend in our 2 bed, 1 bath. Around midnight, they pull up to my house and call me:

"Hey, we're outside, we think! Is your place the one with the porch lights on? Also, X has food poisoning and has been vomiting since we got off the plane and just vomited in the car. Can he come in and use your bathroom?"

I'm not going to refuse that, so I let X in to evacuate both ends in my bathroom. But, I sent them off to a hotel for the night and spent an hour bleaching the bathroom.

The question now is: do I let them come to both seders?

My girlfriend and several of the other guests are all in law school, with finals coming up in a few weeks. The last thing they — or any of my other guests — need is a potential case of norovirus (which is surging in the US). (Not to mention my girlfriend is immunocompromised, so it'd be even worse for her).

Not to mention how inconsiderate it was of the (usually lovely) family members to not call when they landed or call when they got the rental car to ask us how we wanted to handle it. No, they waited until they were right outside the door and in immediate need of a porcelain throne.

Not sure what to do! Part of me wants to disinvite them, even though they flew out here for it. Part of me wants to cancel the seders. Part of me thinks I'm being overly cautious.

Coming from someone who’s family just got wrecked by the norovirus,, politely tell them to pound sand. Half of us got lucky and it was only 2 days of coming out both ends. My dad still feels like shit after a 5 days.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#29640 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 06 April 2023 - 04:32 AM

I would take the gamble, personally. It can be alright with lots of handwashing. Norovirus spreads most easily with kids because they are filthy little buggers. But I'm English so polite to the detriment of my own health 😃
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users