A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29482 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 February 2023 - 07:35 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 February 2023 - 06:59 PM, said:

Dang you're quite handsome QT :D

To be fair to Gunn, I just have the white hair and beard and grizzled countenance...I doubt the handsomeness can be laid at my feet. LOL He's just the closest approximation to my hair style, colour and whatnot in the public eye.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 27 February 2023 - 07:36 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29483 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:13 PM

Well wouldnt you know it today is the day that while walking down the street a random stranger told me my beard made me look handsome.

#29484 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:18 PM

View PostCause, on 27 February 2023 - 05:10 PM, said:

On a more light hearted messing with my groove level: I am starting to get the peppery beard! I am actually quite lucky, I don't have a receding hairline or a bald spot at all. My hair remains very thick. However the signs of aging have begun to appear, very local around my chin area one grey hair has become a dozen. Ill pull it off, ill just look more distinguished

Silver Fox-Level 1

I’ll get lucky in the hair department. My dad is 65 with barely any gray and all of his hair.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#29485 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 27 February 2023 - 09:31 PM

Isnt baldness, if not more hair related items, inherited from your mother?

This post has been edited by Cyphon: 27 February 2023 - 09:32 PM

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#29486 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:11 AM

Delays with new job formalities make me a bit nervous. Can't wait to ditch my current job, but I'm not doing that until I have a new deal in my hand and it's been delayed about a week now. THat sort of thing makes me nervous.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#29487 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 28 February 2023 - 01:10 AM

It hard to read. My last job said they wanted me, made me an offer and said they would send the contract in a few days. Turned into a week, turned into two weeks and longer. I was really nervous, in the end though it was because I was the first pensylvania employee and there was a lot of state specific legal stuff that had to happen in the background.

It can be a bad sign or no sign at all. Don’t worry yet but ask for an update if the delay continues. You can also explain that you need to give your notice but you can’t until the timeline is solid.

#29488 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 February 2023 - 07:16 AM

View PostAbyss, on 27 February 2023 - 04:03 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 27 February 2023 - 08:28 AM, said:

Also I tried to drink Da Bomb hot sauce raw last night ...

Why?

Look, mistakes were made.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#29489 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:57 PM

Wife's job fell through. School didn't think it was a good fit. Sadge.

#29490 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 February 2023 - 03:39 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 28 February 2023 - 07:16 AM, said:

Why?

Maark... i understand 'mistakes'... mistakes happen all the time... maybe the labelling is confusing, maybe there was a dare, maybe someone had a few drinks and maybe they didn't know exactly what was in those brownies and maybe the after hours food delivery app is just a leeetle too user-friendly and maybe that deliveryperson's sudden appearance with food and gender-neutral sex appeal and senior membership in a local wiccan cabal were all just an unfortunate series of 'mistakes' but even so what were we talking about?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29491 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 28 February 2023 - 03:40 PM

View PostAbyss, on 28 February 2023 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why?

Maark... i understand 'mistakes'... mistakes happen all the time... maybe the labelling is confusing, maybe there was a dare, maybe someone had a few drinks and maybe they didn't know exactly what was in those brownies and maybe the after hours food delivery app is just a leeetle too user-friendly and maybe that deliveryperson's sudden appearance with food and gender-neutral sex appeal and senior membership in a local wiccan cabal were all just an unfortunate series of 'mistakes' but even so what were we talking about?

Mistakes.

Were.

Made.

#29492 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 February 2023 - 03:56 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 28 February 2023 - 03:40 PM, said:

Why?

Mistakes.

Were.

Made.

On the bright side, I bet you have a new verse written to add to Johnny Cash's RING OF FIRE now.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29493 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 28 February 2023 - 04:02 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 February 2023 - 03:56 PM, said:

Why?

Mistakes.

Were.

Made.

On the bright side, I bet you have a new verse written to add to Johnny Cash's RING OF FIRE now.

It was like eating a spinkick to the throat.

Anyway, why'd I do it? Was my 100 follower batsu game on Twitch. So it wasn't just a moment of insanity.

#29494 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 February 2023 - 04:27 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 28 February 2023 - 12:57 PM, said:

Wife's job fell through. School didn't think it was a good fit. Sadge.

I'm sorry. I hope it's a quick turnaround to the next job for her.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#29495 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 28 February 2023 - 04:43 PM

Thanks Amph - she's taken a bit of a knock in confidence but I'm doing what I can to shore her up. There's gonna be other stuff that comes up for her no doubt.

#29496 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 February 2023 - 04:44 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 28 February 2023 - 04:02 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 February 2023 - 03:56 PM, said:

Why?

Mistakes.

Were.

Made.

It was like eating a spinkick to the throat.

Anyway, why'd I do it? Was my 100 follower batsu game on Twitch. So it wasn't just a moment of insanity.

You were supposed to lie like everyone else does FFS.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29497 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 March 2023 - 05:42 PM

My mom's celebration of life/memorial is this Saturday. I'm not ready.

#29498 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 01 March 2023 - 09:58 PM

Manly hugs QT.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#29499 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 March 2023 - 12:34 PM

'Fresh pandemic fears as scientists on ground zero in Cambodia find H5N1 strain that killed 11-year-old girl had evolved to infect human cells better

Scientists on the ground who made the find said it was of the "utmost concern"

[...] "some indications" the virus had already "gone through" a human and picked up the new mutations before infecting the girl.

[...] father has also tested positive for the virus but has not developed symptoms.

[...] spread primarily through droplets in the air which are breathed in or get into a person's mouth, eyes or nose'

H5N1 bird flu HAS mutated to infect people, scientists on ground zero in Cambodia say

'The virus, which primarily infects birds, is circulating uncontrolled around much of the world, devastating not just birds but wide swaths of the animal kingdom. Foxes, bobcats, and pigs have fallen ill. Grizzly bears have gone blind. Sea creatures, including seals and sea lions, have died in great numbers.

But none of the sickened animals has raised as much concern as mink. [...] t was likely the first time that mammal-to-mammal spread drove a huge outbreak of bird flu. Because mink are known to spread certain viruses to humans, the fear was that the disease could jump from mink to people. [...]

Outbreaks on crowded mink farms are an ideal scenario for bird flu to mutate. If, in doing so, it picks up the ability to spread between humans, it could potentially start another global pandemic. [...] Right now, mink are a problem we can't afford to ignore.

[...] we share similar receptors for COVID, bird flu, and human flu, through which these viruses can gain entry into our bodies.

[...] Mink wouldn't get sick as often, and wouldn't be as big an issue for humans, if we didn't keep farming them for fur in the perfect conditions for outbreaks. [...]

[...] could create a new variant that's better at binding to the human flu receptors in our upper respiratory tract [...] If the virus gains the ability to infect the nose and throat, [...] it would be better at spreading. [...]

Because mink carry the receptors for both bird flu and human flu, they could serve as "mixing vessels" for the viruses to combine [...] The previous three influenza pandemics all arose due to mixing between avian and human influenza viruses," [...]

[...] Any mammal species repeatedly infected by the virus is a potential risk [...] But we should be most concerned about the ones humans frequently come into close contact with, especially animals that are raised in high density, such as pigs[...]

[...] The era we live in has become known as the "Pandemicene," [...] defined by the regular spillover of viruses into humans, caused by our disruption of the normal trajectories of viral movement in nature.'

We Have a Mink Problem

... revenge of the animal farms?

56% mortality rate in humans (though the sample size is small... only 240 reported cases---possibly not counting asymptomatic cases):

ai_20230224.pdf (who.int)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 02 March 2023 - 12:35 PM

#29500 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 March 2023 - 09:01 PM

I went on 3 dates with the same women over the last two weeks. I had thought things were going fairly well. The first and second date seemed to go very well, great conversation and they lasted for hours. When we left dinner on our second date she suggested we go to a bar afterwards and kept things going. The goodnight kiss felt very natural without any of my usual awkwardness of initiating that first kiss with a new person as I struggle to read people sometimes.

Then Despite how well things seemed to be going I noticed after date two the communication seemed different, weaker but she still agreed to date three. After date 3 communication nose dived off a cliff. One word response to a question and I knew things were over. Today she confirmed and just said she sees no long term future. I appreciate the message rather than being ghosted but I wont lie this one hurts and I am quite disappointed. Given how well things seemed to be going for date 1 and 2, we liked the same books, both loved dogs and I found her attractive I saw a lot of potential from my side.

I should learn to trust my instincts more. Before Date 3 I texted her to say 'excited for tonight, see you soon', TBH this text is really just a formality on my part as a way to remind and confirm the date. Maybe its a hold over from my professional life. When she texted back 'I am ready for some DimSum lol' I do remember thinking it was an odd reply though, almost an insult. I implied I was looking forward to seeing her and she seemed to be implying she was looking forward to eating. I actually spent a moment wondering if I was reading too much into it or not. The DimSum place it felt like rushed us out the door as they gave us the bill as soon as we were finished. She suggested we could go for ice cream. When she suggested after date 2 we got a bar she bought the round of drinks, which I appreciated. Dinner was obviously more expensive but its a small gesture that I think goes a long way. At the ice cream place I expected she was going to pay as well, but at the teller I waited a beat and noticed she didn't seem to be making a move at all and so I pulled out my card. I remember in that moment actually thinking that it was the final signal that there would be no date four. She no longer felt the need to make the small gesture. I than rationalized that I was being silly but now with the clarity of hindsight I think I read that signal very clearly.

This experience also kind of makes me think though. I matched with another women on Hinge recently, who seemed very attractive but she came off what felt like way too eager in just her first two messages and she kind of scared me off. I decided not to pursue it. It made me think of the kind of energy I give off when dating too. In this case I paid for the meals (I feel like this one even today is often dating etiquette) but I also made sure to find restaurants that were closer to her place than mine to accommodate her. I walked her home despite it being out of my way because its the right thing to do. I also message my dates when I get home, or the next day that I had a good time and hope to see them again soon if I thought the date went well. I know a lot of women who have told me they loved that and I have never ascribed to this absurd notion of waiting 3 days with zero contact but I just bring this all up because now I wondering how I come across. I try to not play games and be courteous, but does it read as desperation?

I often still think of dating as me having to win my date over. Its my job to prove myself. Don't get me wrong I have chosen not to pursue a relationship when I have not felt the connection or things are not working out for me but I think on the whole I go into a date with a mindset that starts with me having to be the one who steps up. Despite how well Dates 1 and 2 went there were signs of a lack of enthusiasm but no outright signs of rejection before date 3. Rather than confront that lack of enthusiasm

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users