• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#27581 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:09 PM

Sugar in bread? Are you secretly American? That is abhorrent.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#27582 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:10 PM

View PostGorefest, on 29 December 2020 - 12:09 PM, said:

Sugar in bread? Are you secretly American? That is abhorrent.

Sugar in bread making is normally used to kick start the yeast fermentation process as it's easier for yeast to digest, making the process quicker. I doubt the sugar itself would impact the taste of the bread much as the yeast would consume it all first. It does sound awful though.

#27583 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 December 2020 - 06:08 PM

My immediate neighbors are cool, but around the wider area a lot of fuck'os have decided that shoveling snow isn't an obligation and have decided to let the sun to eventually take care of it. Move if you can't do it, or pay someone to clear your snow for you. Shovel the damn snow off the sidewalk in front of your residence or GTFO, bitch. Fuck off.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 29 December 2020 - 06:09 PM

#27584 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 29 December 2020 - 07:16 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 28 December 2020 - 07:22 PM, said:

We got a bread maker for Christmas. Mr PigDog has asked for one for a few years running and I always said no because me and unlimited access to bread ends with the fire brigade having to take windows out of our house to crane me into an ambulance when my arteries clog closed. About 2 years ago I started working on weaning myself off my white bread addiction. We now have a loaf of white bread once every couple of months and the rest of the time we have wholegrain which I don't like very much and hence no longer eat a lot of bread.

This year I relented on his bread maker request because fuck it there's nothing else to do. We made our first loaf of white on 26th and just finished out third for dinner tonight. We are going to need bigger windows.

Homemade wholegrain bread is delicious, though! And you can pimp it with whatever you like! I've been making my own bread for a while now and I usually use half wholegrain spelt flour and half whatever else I feel like: wheat flour, rye flour, buckwheat flour, then chuck in stuff like walnuts, oats, linseeds, chia seeds, cranberries, goji berries... whatever's at hand (not all at once, of course). It's the best.

This post has been edited by Puck: 29 December 2020 - 07:17 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#27585 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:35 PM

We've made our first wholegrain so I'll try that later.

Putting up shelves with a hangover. Brutal.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#27586 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 December 2020 - 05:09 PM

Just tell the shelves to wood up and get it over with.

Edit: printer refuses to acknowledge new cartridge in the bloody thing. Why do we need to print things, its nearly 2021 for gods sake.

This post has been edited by Cyphon: 31 December 2020 - 05:10 PM

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#27587 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 31 December 2020 - 05:43 PM

View PostCyphon, on 31 December 2020 - 05:09 PM, said:

Just tell the shelves to wood up and get it over with.

Edit: printer refuses to acknowledge new cartridge in the bloody thing. Why do we need to print things, its nearly 2021 for gods sake.

I’m fighting with mine trying to tell me my new cartridge won’t print because it’s out of ink.

I hate printers.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#27588 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 31 December 2020 - 06:04 PM

I spent 80 bucks to buy new toner but apparently it's my drum that's an issue, so I need to order a new drum.*shrug*

Messing with me for the past week is the acknowledgement of how shitty the year has been for me, personally. I generally do a good enough job ignoring how I feel about it and carrying on, being a listener to those who have actual problems to deal with (primarily my mom), but having time off work means I can't avoid thinking (unless I'm drunk all the time, and my grandma, whose dad was a WW2 veteran turned alcoholic really doesn't approve of that).

Basically, since coming to Canada I've been wrestling with inferiority complexes in some capacity. It was really bad for the first 9 or so years- I think I had undiagnosed Adjustment Disorder back then- and it's gotten somewhat better with age, as I got more socially involved, attained a profession, etc. Except for one aspect- I'm still largely unable to initiate conversations with people, for the sake of simply talking.

Normally, this wasn't a huge deal, because I've had soccer, a group of friends who liked meeting up and partying, there's be several birthdays a month, cottages/beach days every week in the summer, concerts/trivia nights other social events with my Uni friends circle, etc. I could simply show up to a Ski festival and expect to run into a bunch of people I knew, and enjoyed talking to.

And since the lockdown, I've lost all that. I feel like a hermit, like I'm back in Uni, where i'm just going through the motions, but really, I have nowhere to be. And it fucking sucks, because I enjoy spending time with people, but I can't make myself just talk to people- because I feel like I need to be doing something with people to be important enough to be worth talking to.

And it fucking sucks. This year is draining me, a lot slower than some people, but it still is.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#27589 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:48 AM

I don’t know how this never came up in the last year but apparently my nephew has severe developmental issues. My sister has told me he has had problems with speech and was behind but so was I when I was a kid. I was born a month premature and I had a speech therapist and they put me in bridging classes i school for grade 1 and than they realized I didn’t need it and I’d say I’m fine. So I figured we were talking about something like that. A delay but he would outgrow it with time. I don’t know how certain we can be at this stage he is only four but apparently it’s pretty severe.

Last thing my sister needed. She already has a shit situation with the absent father and now this means my nephew schooling will be more expansive, everything will be harder and it was already hard

#27590 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:26 PM

Sister not only invited my mother and stepdad over for Christmas, who both WENT... but she did so because she needed them to look after her dogs while she and her family WENT ON VACATION TO BANFF TO SKI...Alberta, the epicentre of poorly handled covid hell...and then came home yesterday and didn't quarantine, my niece is literally going to work today at her job at a retirement home...like you can't make this shit up. I'm agog at their frivolousness with the pandemic.

And when I challenged some nonsense on Facebook she posted she told me off, called me names again (tried to catch me out for daring to meet my dad outside, in a parking lot, MASKED and socially distanced for five minutes to exchange a big gift for my daughter he could not ship...as if it was some gotcha moment)...and then she blocked me and my father for DARING to challenge her alt-right posting nonsense.

I'm done.

So that's likely it for the foreseeable future of our relationship. I'm disengaging now. No matter what I do or say with her, I get it in the face...so I'm not willing to do that anymore.

That fucking bully can rot for all I care.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27591 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:30 PM

Yeah sounds like you need to cut her off for your own sake more than anything QT.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#27592 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:35 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 05 January 2021 - 05:30 PM, said:

Yeah sounds like you need to cut her off for your own sake more than anything QT.

Thank man, yeah I've tried for so many years to just put up with it, but I'm always the one who gets crapped on...so yeah, even my wife last night was like "You don't need this stress".
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27593 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

Cut her loose man

#27594 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:47 AM

Audiobooks are slooow. Trying to listen to one (with the print book in hand) to help adjusting to my cochlear implant, but this is less than a third my normal reading pace. I have to force myself to slow down to not go ahead of the audiobook. I need to do this sort of thing, but I am really having to fight the urge to turn it off and just read the damn book.

#27595 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:08 AM

Agree with the other QT, it sounds like the best move for you to cut her out. I'm sorry she's being so unreasonable and it's having an impact on you though.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#27596 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:15 AM

Yeah QT. I was originally steadfast in the “she’s your sister, you gotta keep trying” position.

But she’s an anchor dragging down your calm man. For you and your family, walk away.

#27597 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:37 AM

Thanks for the support all. :)

#27598 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:52 AM

View PostBriar King, on 08 January 2021 - 02:43 AM, said:

Paint drops and chalk smudges on the new floor. Pisses me off.

The wood floor?!

"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#27599 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:02 PM

Posting this question here because I think it may be more appropriate in this thread than the US Politics thread.

Do you guys think Donald Trump cries or can cry?

#27600 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:38 PM

Negative. I'd be surprised if he laughs or cries.

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users