• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#27561 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:47 PM

A couple of things got me in a mood this morning, both traffic related -

1) A house in my neighborhood that abuts the corner of the main traffic cross street to leave the neighborhood onto main transportation arteries in the city; the guy there parks his high profile plumber's work truck on the street right at the intersection. His truck blocks sun during the day so that small section of the street, just before the stop sign, is always slick black ice during the winter. So what fun it is to slide in to traffic every morning.

2) Effin hell, there was a lot of traffic this morning. Is it Christmas Eve or something? Are people already travelling for the holiday break? Dammit! And this genius in front of me decided that green means stop.

#27562 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:50 PM

1) WTF is black ice besides the title of an AC/DC album?

*Googles* https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Black_ice
https://en.wikipedia...(disambiguation)

Huh, there you go.

2) Maybe he was slowing early because of the black ice?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 17 December 2020 - 11:51 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27563 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:00 AM

1)

2) This occurred out in busy traffic where there was no weather related issues. No black ice necessitating a cautious, breaking approach. Just some dope not paying attention. See it more and more.

#27564 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:50 AM

The nerderati needs to be destroyed. Wholesale, blanket, de facto, across the board, a hearty fuck off to them all.

Every time I listen to a podcast or see a show or video where nerds talk nerd things and the subject of Game of Thrones comes up, they either 1) Say they hate the show and never liked it or 2) Act like they've never seen it. Example: was watching one where the discussion was horrible children in movies/television, and someone mentioned Joffrey Baratheon. This one asshole says she doesn't know who that is, so couldn't make a informed opinion about his ranking in the list of terrible children in movies/television. Fuck you! you full of shit, bwaff waffle. You know damn well you watched the show and know all the players and sobbed like we all did after watching the The Door episode. I get it, the last season was horrible, but don't act like you never watched the show, or hated it from the outset.

#27565 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:12 PM

So this... situation happened earlier today.

As some of you may know, I recently started a new job. I'm the only girl in the new place, but since my humor seems to fit right in, it's been a blast. Now, it takes me an hour one way to get to work and back and I just so happen to have a co-worker who lives nearby and drops off his kids at the school a two-minute-walk away from my place. So our boss was like ""Why don't you two come to work together?" I cautiously asked aforementioned co-worker if that's cool with him, since he's Georgian/Greek/Russian/Anythinginbetween and also since he had the typical completely flat facial expression. He said it's cool and turned out to be quite the happy, talkative chap. He also has exactly two topics of conversation: how much he loves his family and how much he misses Greece. Cool, don't care, my commute time is being cut in half.

Two months of this working just fine I get a call from an unknown number. Enter his Russian wife, who turns out to be an absolute fury, and lectures me AT LENGTH about the UTTER indecency of me, an unmarried woman (she basically implied I'm a whore), sharing a car with a MARRIED MAN with A WIFE and THREE KIDS!!!11 (Yah, no shit, Sherlock, dude had basically no other topic than his kids.) And also about how life without a man is worthless (I KID YOU NOT) and if I had a husband, I would know that.

I'm completely speechless at this point. Like, what in the fucking hell... Cool, you're not cool with your husband sharing a car with a female co-worker. Not my cup of tea, but I guess I get it. But holy shit, the attitude and length of that lecture...

She also very obviously snooped around in his phone to find my number.

Also, I'm now in the fun position to tell both said co-worker AND our boss why I'm taking the bus again from now on. I mean, I don't care all that much, but dude is going to be embarrassed into the fucking ground because in no way will I hide the why from the boss. Maybe not go into the how, but I'm not making excuses for that bitch.

Messing with my groove is mainly that the last thing I wanted at a new job was this kind of drama.

This post has been edited by Puck: 21 December 2020 - 09:14 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#27566 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:24 PM

Oh god. Awkward, Puck. What a bitch!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#27567 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:36 PM

What does your coworker say about continuing the rides? It's the coworker's job to deal with the wife.

Jumping ship on a halved commute seems hasty if there's been no talk with the coworker yet.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#27568 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:41 PM

Jeeeezus Puck. How freaking awkward.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#27569 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:06 PM

You should totally have car sex with him, to get back at her. It's the only way.

#27570 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:24 AM

If it wasn't so serious that would be hilarious. It's like a scene from a bad romcom.

I must admit, you as the hussy/homewrecker/Jezebel is not a concept that would have ever occurred to me. Never a dull moment at Casa del Puck.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27571 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:26 PM

Update time: we were supposed to have a last casual anyone-who-wants-can-show-up meetup today. Dude was a no show even though he'd promised to bring the BBQ. Said his car had broken down, which is most likely true. In any case, I didn't get around to talk to him, but did hace a word with the boss.

Now, it's important to know that I am currently doing portraits of the entire staff since I manage our new website and we decided to have a "The Team" area with drawn portraits rather than photos because people felt more comfortable with that. So I'very been hounding everyone for reference pics, dude here included.

So I approached the boss and asked him to ask for a pic from the coworker and explained I'd gotten a call from his wife asking me to not share the car with him in not too friendly terms. Boss immediately went like "Where'd she get your number?!" and "Awkward situation, I'm sorry that happened. I'll ask about the pic for you."

So that's resolved, which was my main issue. I didn't want weird vibes at work.

View Postamphibian, on 21 December 2020 - 09:36 PM, said:

What does your coworker say about continuing the rides? It's the coworker's job to deal with the wife.

I'd asked him previously and he'd always say it's totally fine and I'm welcome. But looking back at some stuff he alluded to, his wife does seem to have a big jealousy problem, so while I believe he's still perfectly fine with giving me a ride, I also believe he ain't got the spine to deal with his wife and I'd rather not end up any deeper in this mess. At least I can read on the bus.

View PostTsundoku, on 22 December 2020 - 02:24 AM, said:

If it wasn't so serious that would be hilarious. It's like a scene from a bad romcom.

I must admit, you as the hussy/homewrecker/Jezebel is not a concept that would have ever occurred to me. Never a dull moment at Casa del Puck.

That was pretty much the reaction of everyone I've told about this. I'm very much looking forward to a very dull Christmas devoid of drama and people.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#27572 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:39 PM

Yah, if the coworker's not dealing with the jealous and boundary crossing partner, take that bus every time. What a dumb bunny though.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#27573 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:42 PM

Driving home for Christmas.

Smashed my wee car.

Some asshole, in the slow lane of the overtaking lane, decides he wants to go the other way and throws a U turn out of nowhere. Car behind him hammers the brakes and just missed him, car behind that bumps him and I hit that car.
U turn fuckwit just races away. So because I'm the last car in the mess my insurance is going to get pumped with most of the bill. And my car is probably not worth the cost of repairs so it's likely to be written off

#27574 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 22 December 2020 - 11:35 PM

Not how insurance companies work alas. Someone is footing the bill and as the uturner is in the wind that someone is my insurance company

#27575 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:53 AM

View PostMacros, on 22 December 2020 - 11:35 PM, said:

Not how insurance companies work alas. Someone is footing the bill and as the uturner is in the wind that someone is my insurance company

Bummer. I don't suppose there's dashcam footage?

Seems to be everywhere these days. I'm thinking of getting one. Although I'd have to cut down on my colourful language while driving. :blush:

#27576 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 23 December 2020 - 07:41 AM

Nah no one had a cam, not very common over here yet unfortunately

#27577 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 28 December 2020 - 07:22 PM

We got a bread maker for Christmas. Mr PigDog has asked for one for a few years running and I always said no because me and unlimited access to bread ends with the fire brigade having to take windows out of our house to crane me into an ambulance when my arteries clog closed. About 2 years ago I started working on weaning myself off my white bread addiction. We now have a loaf of white bread once every couple of months and the rest of the time we have wholegrain which I don't like very much and hence no longer eat a lot of bread.

This year I relented on his bread maker request because fuck it there's nothing else to do. We made our first loaf of white on 26th and just finished out third for dinner tonight. We are going to need bigger windows.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#27578 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 29 December 2020 - 01:35 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 28 December 2020 - 07:22 PM, said:

We got a bread maker for Christmas. Mr PigDog has asked for one for a few years running and I always said no because me and unlimited access to bread ends with the fire brigade having to take windows out of our house to crane me into an ambulance when my arteries clog closed. About 2 years ago I started working on weaning myself off my white bread addiction. We now have a loaf of white bread once every couple of months and the rest of the time we have wholegrain which I don't like very much and hence no longer eat a lot of bread.

This year I relented on his bread maker request because fuck it there's nothing else to do. We made our first loaf of white on 26th and just finished out third for dinner tonight. We are going to need bigger windows.

Man, I want a bread maker.

And i can tell im getting older, because im excited about the idea of getting a bread maker.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#27579 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 29 December 2020 - 09:52 AM

You can make wholegrain bread in a breadmaker as well, you know? 😄

We bought a breadmaker years ago, but once the novelty wore off it just ended up in the pantry. Nice fresh bread though. But always with a big hole in the centre from the mixing blade.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 29 December 2020 - 09:54 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#27580 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 29 December 2020 - 10:13 AM

Slow cooker does the job for us.

We make fairly plain bread, can't add sugar at the wifey lady is diabetic. But it's bloody tasty, flour, water, yeast and a sprinkling of salt

Share this topic:

• 1523 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users