What's messing with your groove?

#27601 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:20 AM

Listening to my ex skype with the boys for all of 15 minutes after not acknowledging them since Christmas Eve. For some reason, the boys even begged her to stay on longer. I fucking hate her.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#27602 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:30 PM

I dreamt I was a vampire. When other vampires attacked my vampire fortress (I’m not really sure) I found out that I had intelectus (like in Dresden) so was able to foil their ambush, I buried them alive in the floor as a warning to others. But since I than went back to where they came from and killed all their kids that was a bit silly. The kids numbered excactly a hundred. Do vampires have kids?

So this was my dream despite not watching any horror vampire movies or reading any Dresden for like six months. I mean this is wierd right.

#27603 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:12 PM

It was as premonition.

Vampires born by other vampires are often known as pure bloods.

Just remember to get all of them. You don't want that one pesky survivor to get taken in by the world's foremost vampire hunter and have him come knock your door down 20 years from now.

#27604 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:13 PM

View PostAptorian, on 16 January 2021 - 04:12 PM, said:

It was as premonition.

Vampires born by other vampires are often known as pure bloods.

Just remember to get all of them. You don't want that one pesky survivor to get taken in by the world's foremost vampire hunter and have him come knock your door down 20 years from now.

You know if that’s tonight’s episode I’m cool with it

#27605 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:59 PM

View PostCause, on 16 January 2021 - 02:30 PM, said:

I dreamt I was a vampire. When other vampires attacked my vampire fortress (I’m not really sure) I found out that I had intelectus (like in Dresden) so was able to foil their ambush, I buried them alive in the floor as a warning to others. But since I than went back to where they came from and killed all their kids that was a bit silly. The kids numbered excactly a hundred. Do vampires have kids?

So this was my dream despite not watching any horror vampire movies or reading any Dresden for like six months. I mean this is wierd right.

You ganked the younglings!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#27606 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:09 PM

You should probably also consider that since Pure blood vampires are often ruling as a kind of aristocracy, you've likely killed hundreds of children from the world's most powerful and feared Vampire houses.

You should probably prepare for some of the truly ancient vampires to come for you next. Good luck.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 16 January 2021 - 08:09 PM

#27607 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:22 PM

Sounds like an epic dream, Cause.

The last dream I had that I remember was a nightmare where some guy was relentlessly chasing me down and trying to set me on fire. It's like the most accurate depiction of my current lockdown / home school / full time employee/ full time housekeeper subconscious possible.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#27608 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:10 AM

Trying to pool.and it's not playing ball.

The hangover is not helping

#27609 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 January 2021 - 01:52 PM

Cause hasn't posted since yesterday, I'm afraid the dream vampires (dreampires?) got him.

#27610 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

I’m still alive. I don’t think I have anything to fear. In my dream I was a very powerful vampire. I didn’t even see myself kill at those children. One minute I was under the attack the next minute the scene changed to me standing over a mass grave of 100 children. Just the kind of vampire lord I was I guess. Despite it being my dream so many questions remain, like why was I being attacked. Who were my enemies.

Dreams are odd

#27611 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:42 AM

Reading along with audiobooks to help with adapting to cochlear implants is not fun. Audiobooks are way too slow compared to my normal reading pace and the amount of concentration required to understand what is being said means I am not retaining the information I am reading. I have to switch up and do something else, as this is turning one of the few things I really enjoy into a miserable task. Maybe I can go back to some easier reads that I have already read and don't care about ruining - though that would mean having two books on the go at once which I never do.

#27612 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:42 PM

My cousin - at 38 weeks pregnant - lost the baby. The whole family is understandably devastated. They live close to us so we're part of the group that will be providing meals and the like but man I've got no idea what to say in situations like this. I've left it with were very sorry and if we can help at all please let us know.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#27613 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:28 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 22 January 2021 - 04:42 PM, said:

My cousin - at 38 weeks pregnant - lost the baby. The whole family is understandably devastated. They live close to us so we're part of the group that will be providing meals and the like but man I've got no idea what to say in situations like this. I've left it with were very sorry and if we can help at all please let us know.

Stillbirth is something I don't know anyone who has had to deal with, but I imagine it's like miscarriage but so much more affecting because of how late it happens and how developed the fetus is. And Miscarriage was bad enough. My condolences to your family, that's awful and I can't imagine losing a child at that late stage of pregnancy right before the birth.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27614 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:45 PM

I had a dream inspired by red rising. I keep killing people. Lots of people.

I’m not a believer in dream interpretation but this can’t be good

#27615 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:34 PM

Thats so hard Tiste, really sorry to hear it. In this state people often don't remember what you said, but they do remember tone and how you say it. So don't worry too much about exactly what to say? Being there and helping will be amazing when they look back.

Cause your dreams are concerning and I'm fairly certain are becoming an urban fantasy trope.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#27616 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 22 January 2021 - 07:48 PM

I think engaging on their terms, gentle invitations to a happy hour beer etc is showing real connection and support. Glad you can be there for them. It's such a difficult situation and I'm sorry for their loss.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#27617 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:50 PM

View Postamphibian, on 22 January 2021 - 07:48 PM, said:

I think engaging on their terms, gentle invitations to a happy hour beer etc is showing real connection and support. Glad you can be there for them. It's such a difficult situation and I'm sorry for their loss.

I think just treating it like you would a death of a person who had been around longer. Anything less is invalidating the loss. But also being open to their interpretation of norms relating to it. It's unusual and the typical grief pattern doesn't generally fit in most cases and even less in this one. Go with "this sucks" but also be prepared for stuff you didn't think would be an issue being an issue. Just don't make them feel like they need to be strong around you or anything is off limits. And if they don't want to be around you and your kid on a particular day don't take it as a permanent decision on their part. But don't make them pariah's either.

God, just awful.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#27618 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:58 AM

Thanks all the church community is supporting them and we're all chipping to help practically where possible. Appreciate the support.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#27619 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:33 PM

I think I've overdosed on caffeine.

I drank a monster energy drink earlier and about an hour ago I drank about a litre of this iced coffee stuff they had on sale at the supermarket. It tasted so good I didn't even stop to think whether there was actual caffeine in the stuff.

I don't normally drink energy drinks or coffee. Now I'm intensely uncomfortable in my skin and I've got a developing headache. Uhhh. Is this how I die?

#27620 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:09 PM

Who had caffeine overdose in the pool?
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic