• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#27041 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:59 AM

I generally try to balance quality with price. Better to buy once than twice.

However I feel somewhat in limbo until I get a job (looking hopeful) and don’t want to buy stuff that I may have to leave behind. Long story short I needed a pan and bought one from dollar general. Non stick coating already peeeled right off. So straight to the trash. Lasted one month. It was dirt cheap but still a waste and I’m annoued

#27042 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:19 AM

RIP, bike. :X

The handlebar's snapped again. I suspect that because of my crooked elbow, now I've got un-equal length arms, so trying to power up hills standing up and leaning on the handle creates un-equal pressure that twice-welded metal just can't handle, :o

Gonna have to strip this one of all the re-useable parts and get an actual half-decent bike this time. Guess I'll have to skip blowing my tax refund on a new BlackBerry this summer, :(

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 07 June 2020 - 12:21 AM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#27043 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:27 AM

I wish I could be whole and content without anyone. Relationships just hurt and scar.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#27044 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:33 AM

View PostGust Hubb, on 07 June 2020 - 12:27 AM, said:

I wish I could be whole and content without anyone. Relationships just hurt and scar.

One day at a time, GH. If you're destined to meet someone, it'll happen.

In the meantime, we're here if you need to vent.

#27045 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:28 AM

View PostMentalist, on 07 June 2020 - 12:33 AM, said:

View PostGust Hubb, on 07 June 2020 - 12:27 AM, said:

One day at a time, GH. If you're destined to meet someone, it'll happen.

In the meantime, we're here if you need to vent.

Thank you.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#27046 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:45 AM

View PostMentalist, on 07 June 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

The handlebar's snapped again. I suspect that because of my crooked elbow, now I've got un-equal length arms, so trying to power up hills standing up and leaning on the handle creates un-equal pressure that twice-welded metal just can't handle, :o

Gonna have to strip this one of all the re-useable parts and get an actual half-decent bike this time. Guess I'll have to skip blowing my tax refund on a new BlackBerry this summer, :(

BlackBerry?

This might be the silver lining you needed

#27047 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:03 AM

View PostCause, on 07 June 2020 - 04:45 AM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 07 June 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

BlackBerry?

This might be the silver lining you needed

Nah, I'll just buy it next year. Unless Samsung makes a phone with a normal keyboard.

#27048 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 07 June 2020 - 03:54 PM

I do not do well with tumultuous times. Minus a job, trouble with the missus, and kids to come stay the summer starting tonight. Waiting for medication to work, have counseling, but wishing I could just run away from it all, because it hurts a lot staying here.
~Abyss

#27049 User is offline   Mercury 

• Recruit

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:23 PM

Hello. Would anyone have any at home experience with removing cherry dots on skin that actually works?
Messenger of the Gods

#27050 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:00 AM

View PostMentalist, on 07 June 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

Nah, I'll just buy it next year. Unless Samsung makes a phone with a normal keyboard.

They made a keyboard cover for the s8 that is pretty close to narrower BlackBerry keyboards. Dunno about later phones.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#27051 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:00 PM

People are getting waaaay too touchy about certain things. Now, let me be clear, I support people of every skin colour and their right to have products that suit their complexion, but, guys, a yellow eyeshadow is a yellow eyeshadow. It doesn't have to be DARK yellow (so, brown) to work on dark skin tones, it just has to be pigmented enough.

I've been hanging around the makeup corner of the internet for a couple years now and inclusivity has rightfully been a topic, but now people are throwing fits even when a PASTEL eyeshadow palette is released that's pigmented enough to work on every skintone for NOT HAVING A DARK BROWN SO BROWN PEOPLE CAN'T USE IT!!!11 (Because apparently dark people cannot like bright colours? Whoo, boy, do I have news for you...) ...That's coming from white people, btw. And they think they're speaking out against racimn. Dear God.

This post has been edited by Puck: 09 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#27052 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:16 PM

For some reason since friday I seem to be sleeping a lot even though I dont necesarilly feel tired. Ill just fall asleep watching my ipad or something. Might just be boredom.

View PostPuck, on 09 June 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

People are getting waaaay too touchy about certain things. Now, let me be clear, I support people of every skin colour and their right to have products that suit their complexion, but, guys, a yellow eyeshadow is a yellow eyeshadow. It doesn't have to be DARK yellow (so, brown) to work on dark skin tones, it just has to be pigmented enough.

I've been hanging around the makeup corner of the internet for a couple years now and inclusivity has rightfully been a topic, but now people are throwing fits even when a PASTEL eyeshadow palette is released that's pigmented enough to work on every skintone for NOT HAVING A DARK BROWN SO BROWN PEOPLE CAN'T USE IT!!!11 (Because apparently dark people cannot like bright colours? Whoo, boy, do I have news for you...) ...That's coming from white people, btw. And they think they're speaking out against racimn. Dear God.

I hate when the 'allies' are more militant than the people they think they are helping

#27053 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:21 AM

Job interviews.

I mean, on the up side, I'm having them, on the other hand, it's like... No, it's not the dream of my life to be working for you, it's a job and I'm qualified. Everyone involved understand that but etiquette demands everyone persists in pretending otherwise. Ugh.

Edit: Also, waiting to be called for the phone interview. The minutes are slooooooow...

This post has been edited by Puck: 11 June 2020 - 09:23 AM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#27054 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:00 AM

We didn't expect the awesome weather we got the last 6/7 weeks, so in hindsight wemjumped the gun sowing out the grass for driving range.

We've left a few tracks that wouldn't have happened if we had held off another month.

It's fixable, they didn't seem too.bad. and they're not, given the heavy equipment on the ground, but when I'm in with the small mower they are significant enough to cause it to scobe out in places.

Going to have to spend some time slowly building them up with fine grit and sand

#27055 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:56 PM

View PostPuck, on 11 June 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

Job interviews.

I mean, on the up side, I'm having them, on the other hand, it's like... No, it's not the dream of my life to be working for you, it's a job and I'm qualified. Everyone involved understand that but etiquette demands everyone persists in pretending otherwise. Ugh.

Edit: Also, waiting to be called for the phone interview. The minutes are slooooooow...

Omg it’s my words coming out of your mouth!!

Why do you want to work for us? Beacise I need a pay Cheque !!! Instead I need to say ‘ I managed to find a three year old video of the company ceo talking on YouTube where he said that his goal is to make a company driven by impact not profit and that is very important to me.

#27056 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

View PostCause, on 11 June 2020 - 06:56 PM, said:

Job interviews.

Why do you want to work for us? Beacise I need a pay Cheque !!! Instead I need to say ‘ I managed to find a three year old video of the company ceo talking on YouTube where he said that his goal is to make a company driven by impact not profit and that is very important to me.

I've been interviewing a lot of people the last couple of years. The best answers you get to this kind of question is about why the candidate wants to do that specific job, not work for that company. And the most convincing ones are a mix between the intellectual interest and the lifestyle benefits. We are interviewing for a niche job so it may not translate and I ask the question "Why did you want this role" rather than "Why do you want to work for us". Hopefully vaguely helpful.

And phone interviews are awful. Me and my boss accidentally left someone waiting 20minutes for one once! She took the job and the first time I met her I couldn't apologise enough.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#27057 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:34 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 11 June 2020 - 07:57 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 11 June 2020 - 06:56 PM, said:

Job interviews.

I've been interviewing a lot of people the last couple of years. The best answers you get to this kind of question is about why the candidate wants to do that specific job, not work for that company. And the most convincing ones are a mix between the intellectual interest and the lifestyle benefits. We are interviewing for a niche job so it may not translate and I ask the question "Why did you want this role" rather than "Why do you want to work for us". Hopefully vaguely helpful.

And phone interviews are awful. Me and my boss accidentally left someone waiting 20minutes for one once! She took the job and the first time I met her I couldn't apologise enough.

Yip I know how to the play the game and I wouldn’t apply for a job that I wouldn’t be happy doing but I’m applying for research, industry biochem and straight up tech industry roles. I have an answer for each but I still have to pretend when I interview for research that I couldnt possibly be satisfied with any other role.

Also quite frankly my perfect job is probably dog walker but I have also balanced this against the need to you know afford things.

#27058 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:50 PM

Lots of minor stuff, but I feel sad that Dame Vera is gone now at 103.

For me she was a living symbol of ... I don't know ... maybe all that was good about Britain? Or at least a lot. Hard to articulate, sorry.

Damn good innings.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27059 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

And now OG Bilbo is gone as well.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27060 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 June 2020 - 01:00 PM

Never heard of Dame Vera but for a second I thought you ment Dame Edna and was struck with nostalgia.

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users