• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26981 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:49 AM

Sounds like a migraine to me. I get them when I push myself too hard. Trick for me is identifying the warning signs. Liquorice at an early point can put them off, or something sugary as well as plenty of hydration and taking it easier. I can a small box with a bit of liquorice around with me now on the off chance.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#26982 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 May 2020 - 11:17 AM

Cheers. Interesting. I think I'll pass on the Liquorice though, not my favourite taste. :p

I'm booked in to get a referral to go get my eyes tested for new glasses. Hopefully that will make a difference. It's been 3 years since my last set.
Probably should reduce screen time too - particularly computer time. Pity it's my job and all ...

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 May 2020 - 11:18 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26983 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:15 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 14 May 2020 - 10:06 AM, said:

Really nasty headache. :(

I've been getting this sort every few weeks recently rather than once a year maybe. It's the "can't tolerate light, feels like being stabbed in the top of the back of the eyeballs, extremely tight thumping temples" one. Probably should get off the computer. :p

Probably Abyss' mind wipes are having a cumulative effect. I'm like Deborah Farentino in the original MiB. Except a dude. And not hot. :(
Not that I know anything interesting though. Or at least, not any more.

I admit nothing.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26984 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:36 PM

Why do all running shoes have to look hideous? You'd think it was in the design brief or something. 'Yeah this looks good and has great support, but lets spray neon silly string over it.'
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26985 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:46 PM

Because bright colours appeal to morons where fit, comfort, performance and reliability won't.

Headache finally departed mid afternoon today. Took the dog for a 5km jog this evening, feeling better.
Groove messed by sore back. I think I did it wrestling with the boy. Or the dog. Whatever, I'm getting too old for this shit. :p

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 15 May 2020 - 01:49 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26986 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:53 PM

I love my running shoes. :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#26987 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 15 May 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

Because bright colours appeal to morons where fit, comfort, performance and reliability won't.

See, I have the opposite problem. I WANT bright coloured running shoes....but all the mens shoes in stores currently are variations on black, grey, or white...nothing bright. So I have black running shoes with white soles from necessity, not becuase I like them. I hate them. What I would not give for a pair of decent brightly coloured shoes.

Meanwhile the women section is ONLY bright colours.

I hate needlessly gender specific shit.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26988 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:11 PM

QT where do you look for them? There is an awesome running shop nearby and it has a ton of different shoes for both genders. They dongait analysis and help you find you best shoe and while it's expensive (mine cost £115) it is so worth it if you want to do a fair bit of running.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#26989 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:12 PM

Doesn't Canada have colours, eh? ;)

Seriously, even the most remote sports or shoe store with a sneaker dept over here has brightly coloured ones for men. Sometimes I have to ask "Does this come in a version that doesn't hurt my eyes?"

Go to a store to get the right fit and search on the interwebz for a version you like? Yeah, it's not fair to the store but if they don't have what you like you're allowed to look elsewhere and you can at least get your size in a couple of brands.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 16 May 2020 - 02:13 AM

#26990 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 15 May 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

QT where do you look for them? There is an awesome running shop nearby and it has a ton of different shoes for both genders. They dongait analysis and help you find you best shoe and while it's expensive (mine cost £115) it is so worth it if you want to do a fair bit of running.

Usually the Sport Chek or Foot Locker shops...I had no idea how monotone they all were till I went shopping for new ones earlier this year. I mean, there are probably one offs that might be brighter, but generally everything is dark.

View PostTsundoku, on 15 May 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

Doesn't Canada have colours, eh? ;)

Seriously, even the most remote sports or shoe store with a sneaker dept over here has brightly coloured ones for men. Sometimes I have to ask "Does this come in a version that doesn't hurt my eyes?"

Go to a store to get the right fit and search on the interwebz for a version you like? Yeah, it's not fair to the store but if they don't have what you like tou're allowed to look elsewhere and you can at least get your size in a couple of brands.

Sounds like I need to shop in your neck of the woods, and you need to shop in mine. LOL
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26991 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:37 PM

View PostTraveller, on 15 May 2020 - 01:36 PM, said:

Why do all running shoes have to look hideous? You'd think it was in the design brief or something. 'Yeah this looks good and has great support, but lets spray neon silly string over it.'

Right? Its always amazing when i find a pair of shoes that i like and are comfortable and dont look like my spandex shorts from when i was 11.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#26992 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:57 PM

View PostTraveller, on 15 May 2020 - 01:36 PM, said:

New Balance 4lyf

They come in white + black, or white +red (with some black)

QT, aisics usually have colours in them. I have a white + blue pair.

S'il'Vous Play sports has a ton of colours. Check out the Steeles warehouse (once this insanity is over)

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 15 May 2020 - 07:58 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#26993 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:05 PM

Get some Hoka they're amazing and they look cool IMO.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#26994 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:16 AM

My last 3 pairs have been Brooks and I've had pretty good results with them. Around $AUD200 give or take (I dare say less for you), but worth it for the amount of punishment they cop.

#26995 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 May 2020 - 06:21 PM

My problem is, I have freakishly wide feet around the toe-line. So there's only a few brands where I can buy my regular size (10.5) without feeling like they'll pop on the side with the toe-knuckle sticking out in about a week.

That's why I swear by New Balance brand. They're pretty pricey, but for holidays they often do 2 for 1 in Sport Chek. So that's been my brand ever since late high school.

#26996 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:29 PM

The Eurovision replacement wasnt very good, as was trying to zoom watch it with friends. Next year!
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#26997 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:13 AM

3 and a half hours on the bike today. My knees were killing me (were, because after 2 glasses of wine with supper, i'm feeling decent-ish)

In my defense, it's the first day of a long weekend, and it's supposed to rain non-stop tom and Mon. So I needed to get as much exercise/fresh air/tanning sun as possible.

#26998 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:35 PM

Anyone tried 'barefoot' trainers? I've got flattish narrow feet and they look.. intriguing.

Still no luck otherwise; I dont want bright blue, orange, neon green, or all the other revolting colours Asics in particular seem to think you need to run a about in.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26999 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:24 PM

They require a LOT of getting used to before you even go for a short run in them.
They were a thing a few years back and I heard a lot of stories about people who injured themselves because they tried to do too much too soon in them.
That's about all I know.

#27000 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:57 PM

Extremely anxious about meeting with the boss tomorrow. Going to try to get in early to get work done first, but not sure the anxiety will let me sleep when I need to...
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users