• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#25641 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:30 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#25642 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:12 AM

I’ll take “ Things that make me sad” for $100.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#25643 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

The board feels lonelier than ever to me.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#25644 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Twilight Imperium
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#25645 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

Snotface injured her back at training out field. She's in the ward now and because of the public holiday tomorrow will get scans on Tuesday.

Hopefully it's "just" muscular and not a hairline fracture of the spine. Goddamn pack marching.

:p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25646 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:58 AM

Words, they fail me.
Retching sounds still work fine tho'.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25647 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:13 AM

My colleague has discovered some kind of 'tea' that is an affront to god and is like being punched in the olfactory senses by chuck Norris. Disgusting is a word for the story above, this tea is 3 levels above this. I had to leave the room.

Now I need to figure out a way to bring this up politely. I think there is some clash of culture going on here, I mean if someone told me this drink was edible I would die of dehydration first before trying a sip.

#25648 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:40 AM

It's like people who cook with fish paste, or sauce, or whatever abomination it is. That stuff reeks. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25649 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:22 AM

What? Fish sauce is essential for so much cooking!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#25650 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

I have decided to rant.

My sisters husband, the alcoholic, (possibly recovering possibly not) cancelled the debit order for his and my sisters child's school fees four months ago. Naturally as was always going to happen the school eventually asked my sister for four months of fees and that's how she found out. After four years and over four stints in rehab with no change in behavior she finally asked him to move out so they live separate lives to a point and he can get away with things like this for short stints.

This to me is not shocking at all though and to me fits his pattern of behavior to a T. He maxes out credit cards and racks up debt and thinks its a problem for the future. He cancels a debit order knowing my sister will eventually find out but that's a problem for the future. He married my sister knowing that one day she will find out he is an alcoholic but that's a problem for the future. He stole from us knowing we had to notice eventually but that was a problem for the future.

My sister tried helping him. My family tried helping him. We paid for the rehab, we supported him. We paid his debts to get rid of them. I drove him to work and fetched him for months and drove him to meetings (which I later found out he wouldn't actually go to after I dropped him off) when he was told that he needed to give up driving for a while (since driving home from work was when he would buy the booze) to help break his habits.

I have been angry with him ever since he stole from me, and when my sister asked me to forgive him I just remember saying I would do so if he apologized, asked me for forgiveness and told me what he took. One of the things that bugged me is that even after he was caught he denied stealing some of the things he took. This is why I don't know if I lost my dads watch or he stole it (I'm inclined to the latter) and why every time I cant find something I have to ask myself lost (keep looking) or stolen (give up). As angry as I was I still cared though.

I think I tried. I now however wont speak to him or acknowledge his presence even when he visits my nephew. I now view him as a con artist and a parasite who ruined my sisters life, stole happiness from her and is a dead-beat dad.

#25651 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:28 PM

View PostCause, on 13 March 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

This is why I don't know if I lost my dads watch or he stole it (I'm inclined to the latter) and why every time I cant find something I have to ask myself lost (keep looking) or stolen (give up)

This particular part would drive me absolutely round the bend. When I search for something, I usually know "it's here somewhere, I just gotta find it"....but adding in the variable that your search may be for naught because it might have been stolen...my gods, my OCD would overload.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25652 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:44 PM

View PostCause, on 13 March 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

I have decided to rant.

My sisters husband, the alcoholic, (possibly recovering possibly not) cancelled the debit order for his and my sisters child's school fees four months ago. Naturally as was always going to happen the school eventually asked my sister for four months of fees and that's how she found out. After four years and over four stints in rehab with no change in behavior she finally asked him to move out so they live separate lives to a point and he can get away with things like this for short stints.

This to me is not shocking at all though and to me fits his pattern of behavior to a T. He maxes out credit cards and racks up debt and thinks its a problem for the future. He cancels a debit order knowing my sister will eventually find out but that's a problem for the future. He married my sister knowing that one day she will find out he is an alcoholic but that's a problem for the future. He stole from us knowing we had to notice eventually but that was a problem for the future.

My sister tried helping him. My family tried helping him. We paid for the rehab, we supported him. We paid his debts to get rid of them. I drove him to work and fetched him for months and drove him to meetings (which I later found out he wouldn't actually go to after I dropped him off) when he was told that he needed to give up driving for a while (since driving home from work was when he would buy the booze) to help break his habits.

I have been angry with him ever since he stole from me, and when my sister asked me to forgive him I just remember saying I would do so if he apologized, asked me for forgiveness and told me what he took. One of the things that bugged me is that even after he was caught he denied stealing some of the things he took. This is why I don't know if I lost my dads watch or he stole it (I'm inclined to the latter) and why every time I cant find something I have to ask myself lost (keep looking) or stolen (give up). As angry as I was I still cared though.

I think I tried. I now however wont speak to him or acknowledge his presence even when he visits my nephew. I now view him as a con artist and a parasite who ruined my sisters life, stole happiness from her and is a dead-beat dad.

That's a perfectly justifiable rant! He sounds horrendous. The uncertainty of being unable to find things and not knowing if he's stolen them is just violating on so many levels... particularly when it's things of sentimental value.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 13 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#25653 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:34 PM

Cause, unusually I sort of agree with BK, chop the fucked on the jaw. Don't spit on him though

#25654 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:20 PM

View PostBriar King, on 13 March 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

That was the worst Feb 1 to March 1 of my life that caused me to practically completely shut down most of my online life but more concerning my real life. I wanted to destroy things. On Feb 1 I wanted to rage at anything or anyone that got in my line of site. By Fed 8th I realized i was seeking any reason to do those things. By Feb 15th I realized it probably wasn’t a good idea to leave the house unless I had to. I remained that way til March 1 when I finally got my son back. My daughter doesn’t really stay here much the past 6-7 months, she is older and wanting to stay with her friends and is really close to her mom so I understand and except that now that she is almost 16. My boy is a different matter though. That was not a good month to go through but I can promise that the politics thread wasn’t even a blip on my radar.

What exactly is going on? Did your kids mother take your son way or what?

#25655 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:33 PM

View PostBriar King, on 14 March 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Not “take” but kept and fed me bullshit stringing me along. Highly stressful experience.

Oh geez. That sucks man. Sorry you went through that BK. Support!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25656 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:59 AM

This is horrifying and heartbreaking. Apparently video/images of the incident is spreading so please watch out for yourselves if you're seeing news on it.

#25657 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:42 AM

View Postworry, on 15 March 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

This is horrifying and heartbreaking. Apparently video/images of the incident is spreading so please watch out for yourselves if you're seeing news on it.

Yeah, it's crazy. Shooting in a mosque, a place of worship, no less.
Heartbreaking pretty much covers it. Hopefully it can be resolved swiftly from here.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#25658 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:22 AM

Btw wtf is 8chan? I thought it was just 4 Chan. The comments where he posted in were some of the most brutal I have read on net. And that’s saying a lot.

probably shouldn’t have following that particular hole.. Btw those people are exactly the reason I ain’t giving up my gun rights. I can’t believe people like that exist. The hate is real.

Terrible mood now
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#25659 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:58 AM

It's one of the boards that people who think reddit and 4chan are too restrictive started up. In particular, it's a haven for Online Nazis, MRAs, pedos, Gamergaters, and the other proto-Alt Right factions. Thus, a fertile ground for actual neo-Nazis/white nationalists to further radicalize and recruit. They're also part of the ecosystem that allows Tucker Carlson (and really FOX's entire primetime lineup), Ben Shapiro, Breitbart, Turning Point USA, and the Trump administration to flourish. Not to be too US-centric about it, since clearly the reach is global.

Edit: I'll avoid extending this into a rant, but I want to clarify that while these "dark corners" of the internet, like 8 chan, may be where some people on the "margins" are more readily radicalized to enact immense harm, the context in which this radicalization is primed is omnipresent, pervasive normalization of Islamophobia. Which exists alongside, and in concert with, white supremacy and other oppressive/genocidal ideologies.

This post has been edited by worry: 15 March 2019 - 06:29 AM

#25660 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:59 AM

View PostBriar King, on 14 March 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Not "take" but kept and fed me bullshit stringing me along. Highly stressful experience.

Man, that's awful. Glad you worked it out and he's back with you where he belongs!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users