• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#6261 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 October 2020 - 08:01 PM

That part is accurate.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6262 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:46 AM

I dare say I'm late to the party around here on this, but in case there's anyone else who hasn't gotten round to watching the TV version of What We Do In The Shadows - rectify that immediately.

Two seasons so far at ten 25 minute episodes each is too damn easily bingeable.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 18 October 2020 - 11:46 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6263 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:51 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 18 October 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

I dare say I'm late to the party around here on this, but in case there's anyone else who hasn't gotten round to watching the TV version of What We Do In The Shadows - rectify that immediately.

I keep hearing this. Gonna have to give it a go.

Season 2 of The Boys was very very good. Started kinda same ole same ole. But the last few episodes made up for it. Very solid.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6264 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:20 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 18 October 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

I second this so hard. It's utterly sublime!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6265 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:20 PM

Been watching s2 for spooky Halloween season entertainment. Two episodes to go.

Watching clips of Ted Cruz last week bloviate during the confirmation hearings of ACB, it dawned on me he is an energy vampire from the same mold as Colin Robinson. BTW, Colin Robinson just might be the best character, but I do love me Nandor and his aloofness (and his relationship with his familiar, Guillermo). Made even more hilarious when they reveal Nandor's history and him once being a brutal conqueror. Where would the house be without Guillermo's loyalty though? heh - Gizmo.

#6266 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:16 PM

If you guys can find it, you really, really (like I mean really!) need to seek out Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal. You are not living your best life if you haven't watched this show.

The episode that aired Sunday night was unlike any animated offering I've ever seen. The episode is titled "Coven of the Damned" and, not going to even entertain spoilers, but lets just say it was right out of a Steven Erikson fever dream. It was fucking draw-dropping insane. And holy shit the feelz!

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 20 October 2020 - 05:16 PM

#6267 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:36 PM

I just saw the trailer for the next show set in the same vein as Vikings/Knightfall.

The Barbarians. It appears to center around the battle of Teutoberg Forest, the famous battle that lost the Roman Empire a sizable chunk of army.

One would think this was awesome, and it certainly looks awesome, production wise. But from what I can see of the trailer, it looks really, really horrible.

At one point, of the germans literally says "A barbarian does not betray his family!"

yikes.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#6268 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:59 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 21 October 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

I just saw the trailer for the next show set in the same vein as Vikings/Knightfall.

The Barbarians. It appears to center around the battle of Teutoberg Forest, the famous battle that lost the Roman Empire a sizable chunk of army.

One would think this was awesome, and it certainly looks awesome, production wise. But from what I can see of the trailer, it looks really, really horrible.

At one point, of the germans literally says "A barbarian does not betray his family!"

yikes.

Looks like it’s the story from the Ben Kane Eagle books about the legions fighting Arminius! I’m in.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6269 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 October 2020 - 04:09 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 September 2020 - 10:16 PM, said:

Quibi. Anyone try it? I heard it is treading water.

Posted Image

I know the actress who played Sansa Stark on GoT was featured in some original content on this. I remember when they launched Quibi (only 6 months ago, yikes), she was promoting it. I think it was an orginal drama about being stranded in a cold climate with glaciers or something. I think an "episode" was like 15 min long. Other than that, I've no clue what this service offered.

#6270 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 October 2020 - 05:58 AM

View PostBriar King, on 22 October 2020 - 01:56 AM, said:

That was during Marcus Aureoles/Commodus times yeah?

Nope, 9 AD (or CE) during the reign of Augustus.

https://en.wikipedia...eutoburg_Forest

"Upon hearing of the defeat, the Emperor Augustus, according to the Roman historian Suetonius in The Twelve Caesars, was so shaken that he stood butting his head against the walls of his palace, repeatedly shouting:

Quintili Vare, legiones redde! (Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!)"

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 22 October 2020 - 05:58 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6271 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:39 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 October 2020 - 04:09 AM, said:

Posted Image

I know the actress who played Sansa Stark on GoT was featured in some original content on this. I remember when they launched Quibi (only 6 months ago, yikes), she was promoting it. I think it was an orginal drama about being stranded in a cold climate with glaciers or something. I think an "episode" was like 15 min long. Other than that, I've no clue what this service offered.

Fairly sure it was an attempt to get around paying staff their dues by only producing episodes under 12 minutes long or something. Very much a product of late stage capitalism.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6272 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:51 PM

I've been watching the show, Upload, on Amazon. It is BONKERS!

I can't decide if it is good, or something else, but I really like the humour.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#6273 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 02:44 PM

View PostBriar King, on 23 October 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

Barbarians came out today. I’m now faced with a tough decision to either try and watch on my tiny ass phone screen or wait till my internet service is restored which is still a complete unknown timeframe.

I'm still about 5 eps from the end of K-Drama ITAEWON CLASS, but BARBARIANS is my next watch once I'm caught up on that. I'm excited to get into it.

There is also a French Drama LA REVOLUTION on Netflix about a reimagined version of the French Revolution that I'm itching to watch as well.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6274 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 26 October 2020 - 03:36 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 26 October 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

I've been watching the show, Upload, on Amazon. It is BONKERS!

I can't decide if it is good, or something else, but I really like the humour.

I ran through Upload several months ago and actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Definitely good humor but I found aspects of the concept rather fascinating, as well. Will check out a season 2 for sure.

#6275 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2020 - 04:54 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 22 October 2020 - 08:39 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 October 2020 - 04:09 AM, said:

Posted Image

Fairly sure it was an attempt to get around paying staff their dues by only producing episodes under 12 minutes long or something. Very much a product of late stage capitalism.

oof, I scanned past an article breaking down the Quibi demise, and there was a show or movie (some content) called "This is Clickbait" in production in the Ukraine when they got the news.

#6276 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 26 October 2020 - 06:00 PM

Really enjoying "I am not okay with this".
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6277 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:54 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 October 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

If you guys can find it, you really, really (like I mean really!) need to seek out Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal. You are not living your best life if you haven't watched this show.

The episode that aired Sunday night was unlike any animated offering I've ever seen. The episode is titled "Coven of the Damned" and, not going to even entertain spoilers, but lets just say it was right out of a Steven Erikson fever dream. It was fucking draw-dropping insane. And holy shit the feelz!

The episode Sunday night titled "The Night Feeder."

Posted Image

The sound design on this episode was fantastic. The noises coming out of the night into Spear and Fang's little camp. The sounds of violent evisceration and howling anguish were... damn, I have no words. This has to be the most brutally violent world for any animated show... evah. And the ending, good god the ending, leaves me at a lost for words too. I can only say H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T!

#6278 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 November 2020 - 12:21 AM

In keeping with the Halloween , seasonal, creepy/spooky vibe, I watched Los Espookys (6 episodes).

Los Espookys is on the far fringes of being scary, but it for sure is quirky as hell.

I would describe is as one part reverse Scooby-Doo and the gang mysteries (the eccentric Los Espookys team creates and sets up the scares/mysteries), one part Telenovela, and one part (and this part comes through strongly) Fred Armisen oddball creative-mind weirdness.

What a difficult show to explain. Tati will be a stand out for you though (she was for me). She doesn't experience time like everyone else. She makes a brief comment about it at the end and says that is why she is the way she is. She's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, but in a good way.

#6279 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:42 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 October 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

Gonna keep hammering away at how spectacular this show is until one of you mofos joins me.

Tonight's episode title and description:

Slave of the Scorpion
Spear and Fang are confronted by a far more developed human than they've ever encountered before.

- - -
If that doesn't have you at least curious to check in to see what this could be, well than you and I aint of the same ilk.

#6280 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 November 2020 - 09:42 PM

Kickass shit to watch heads up:

Not sure if you guys know what NOVA is. It airs here in Trumpistan on Public Television (soon to be "Dear Leader Says..." 24 hour channel). Anyway, before it turns to that, NOVA is a pretty kick ass science program show. Well tonight this is the episode title and description.

Colosseum -- Roman Death Trap
Archaeologists and engineers build a 25-foot lifting machine and trap-door system to release a wolf into the Colosseum's arena.

You guys should probably try and watch this. According to my "shows you may like" algorithm, this is something you will enjoy.

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users