• You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#6281 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 November 2020 - 06:03 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 01 November 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 October 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

If you guys can find it, you really, really (like I mean really!) need to seek out Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal. You are not living your best life if you haven't watched this show.

The episode that aired Sunday night was unlike any animated offering I've ever seen. The episode is titled "Coven of the Damned" and, not going to even entertain spoilers, but lets just say it was right out of a Steven Erikson fever dream. It was fucking draw-dropping insane. And holy shit the feelz!

Gonna keep hammering away at how spectacular this show is until one of you mofos joins me.

Tonight's episode title and description:

Slave of the Scorpion
Spear and Fang are confronted by a far more developed human than they've ever encountered before.

- - -
If that doesn't have you at least curious to check in to see what this could be, well than you and I aint of the same ilk.

What a fantastic episode to close out these last 5 to complete the first season. And these 5 eps on the back half outshine the first 5. They were stellar and went far beyond my expectations.

This last episode of the season though. Damn, how they change it up but fuck it was magnificent. How do you guys think Fang and Spear will pick things up, if there is a next season? (there has to be, right?) Cause the ending was fucking out of left field and leaves one wondering where they will take it. Or will they just leave it and Spear and Fang just continue to do what they do. Fucking amazing shit.

#6282 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 November 2020 - 05:52 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 November 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:

If you guys can find it, you really, really (like I mean really!) need to seek out Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal. You are not living your best life if you haven't watched this show.

The episode that aired Sunday night was unlike any animated offering I've ever seen. The episode is titled "Coven of the Damned" and, not going to even entertain spoilers, but lets just say it was right out of a Steven Erikson fever dream. It was fucking draw-dropping insane. And holy shit the feelz!

Gonna keep hammering away at how spectacular this show is until one of you mofos joins me.

Slave of the Scorpion
Spear and Fang are confronted by a far more developed human than they've ever encountered before.

- - -
If that doesn't have you at least curious to check in to see what this could be, well than you and I aint of the same ilk.

What a fantastic episode to close out these last 5 to complete the first season. And these 5 eps on the back half outshine the first 5. They were stellar and went far beyond my expectations.

This last episode of the season though. Damn, how they change it up but fuck it was magnificent. How do you guys think Fang and Spear will pick things up, if there is a next season? (there has to be, right?) Cause the ending was fucking out of left field and leaves one wondering where they will take it. Or will they just leave it and Spear and Fang just continue to do what they do. Fucking amazing shit.

Just watched 6.
Holy. Fncking. Dinofnvk.

That was... how do they DO that?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6283 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 November 2020 - 06:16 PM

View PostAbyss, on 07 November 2020 - 05:52 AM, said:

Slave of the Scorpion

- - -

Just watched 6.
Holy. Fncking. Dinofnvk.

Oh man, what waits for you. Ep. 6 is the weakest of the second half. I will be anticipating more of the "HOLY FNKING, WHAAAAAA!" reactions, except with about 1000x more intensity.

#6284 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 November 2020 - 04:33 AM

Slave of the Scorpion

- - -

Just watched 6.
Holy. Fncking. Dinofnvk.

I am speechless.
THAT WAS SO TENSE I AM STILL WIRED AS FNCK NOW.

#6285 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:58 AM

View PostAbyss, on 08 November 2020 - 04:33 AM, said:

Slave of the Scorpion

- - -

Just watched 6.
Holy. Fncking. Dinofnvk.

Ò

I am speechless.

And then 8... that was horrifying.
FFS it even made sense and it was STILL NUTS.

#6286 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:19 PM

View PostAbyss, on 08 November 2020 - 06:58 AM, said:

Slave of the Scorpion

- - -

Just watched 6.
Holy. Fncking. Dinofnvk.

Ò

I am speechless.

Episode 8 is fan-fucking-tastic. Do you agree with my Steven Erikson fever dream vibe it puts off? Take a beat and think about it - I can see the following parallels: elder god like being [check] mhybe/vessel [check], warren traversal [check]. I was getting Erikson vibes hard from the episode. It blew my mind, almost literally, but I was able to hold it together.

#6287 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:57 PM

BK...ITAEWON CLASS....you must....
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6288 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 November 2020 - 07:05 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 November 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

Wasn’t there another one as well?

Yeah, IT'S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY. Also great, but I think you'll enjoy ITAEWON CLASS more.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6289 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 November 2020 - 07:09 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 November 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

Kickass shit to watch heads up:

Not sure if you guys know what NOVA is. It airs here in Trumpistan on Public Television (soon to be "Dear Leader Says..." 24 hour channel). Anyway, before it turns to that, NOVA is a pretty kick ass science program show. Well tonight this is the episode title and description.

Colosseum -- Roman Death Trap
Archaeologists and engineers build a 25-foot lifting machine and trap-door system to release a wolf into the Colosseum's arena.

You guys should probably try and watch this. According to my "shows you may like" algorithm, this is something you will enjoy.

This was excellent. Well worth your time to find. The process of building that lift was fascinating. And then to have a crane lift it into a World Heritage Site (e.g. the Colosseum) without doing any damage had those folks sweating bullets.

The factoids interspersed throughout were awesome too. The spectacle of it was insane - ring of mass crucifixions lining the border of the field - sea battle reenactments that included mass drownings, which, and this is fucking bonkers, filled the area with water and then using aqueducts drained it to continue the celebrations later that day - and catapulting a slave to his death over the Colosseum to reenact Greek Icarus myth. Shit is absolutely mental.

#6290 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 November 2020 - 08:08 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 November 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

On Netflix now. Terrace House Tokyo has been edited. Part 3 is gone and there’s only 7 eps of part 2. I guess they have just erased anything to do with Hanna after her suicide. I’m not sure how long this has been in place and I almost didn’t catch it as I was flipping through Asian TV but my gears turned after a few moments and I was like 2 parts ain’t right.

It wasn't up very long before they pulled it.

#6291 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:47 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 November 2020 - 09:39 PM, said:

I looked that other show up. Man the trailer leaves much to be desired. It’s nothing more then people running with some dialogue sprinkled in so I got not one clue what the hell it’s supposed to be. Mr. Sunshine trailer sucks you in.

I will watch Ep 1 in a few days.

The Crown is Sunday.

The trailer doesn't do it justice. There's a tonne going on in it.

#6292 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:54 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 November 2020 - 11:19 PM, said:

Slave of the Scorpion

- - -

Just watched 6.
Holy. Fncking. Dinofnvk.

Ò

I am speechless.

Episode 8 is fan-fucking-tastic. Do you agree with my Steven Erikson fever dream vibe it puts off? Take a beat and think about it - I can see the following parallels: elder god like being [check] mhybe/vessel [check], warren traversal [check]. I was getting Erikson vibes hard from the episode. It blew my mind, almost literally, but I was able to hold it together.

I think you mean 9 with the witches? 8 was dino zombie.

Ep 9... after 7 and 8 we needed a quieter ep, which I suppose this was in between all the dinosaur mind control, human sacrifice, and Nyarlathotep's angry freaky sister‐god. Also damn them for making me experience that first ep now that I care. And yah, total SE vibe and very retro 70s fantasy cartoons art direction.

Btw,S2 confirmed!

#6293 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:14 PM

View PostAbyss, on 10 November 2020 - 09:54 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 November 2020 - 11:19 PM, said:

Slave of the Scorpion

- - -

Just watched 6.
Holy. Fncking. Dinofnvk.

Ò

I am speechless.

I think you mean 9 with the witches? 8 was dino zombie.

Ep 9... after 7 and 8 we needed a quieter ep, which I suppose this was in between all the dinosaur mind control, human sacrifice, and Nyarlathotep's angry freaky sister‐god. Also damn them for making me experience that first ep now that I care. And yah, total SE vibe and very retro 70s fantasy cartoons art direction.

Btw,S2 confirmed!

Yes, the one with the witches. That was giving me serious SE vibes. It is a must watch.

Extremely happy there is going to be a S2.

#6294 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 November 2020 - 07:59 PM

View PostBriar King, on 11 November 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

36 minutes and 4 seconds into Itaewon Class ep 1. It was really boring till it wasn’t. Will continue some more.

It seems like it's just slice of life...then it ramps up hard. The last 5 minutes of that first episode are SO GOOD. Hope you stick with it and enjoy.

View PostBriar King, on 11 November 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

Finished Ep 1. Well fuck me right in the feels....

RIGHT?!

Now you get an idea of where it might go...I would follow that fucking dude (Park Sae-Roy) into fire!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 November 2020 - 08:01 PM

#6295 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 November 2020 - 08:19 PM

I feel gross. Due to the election and the accompanying coverage, I've found myself watching CNN more. I try to stay away from this toxic shit, it's all crap. But lets not get it twisted, Fox News is straight up poison for grampy (and no doubt that is their demographic), for him to turn up his hearing aid at the Thanksgiving table and to rage on about pedophile, socialists, M1 Gang members who are stealing babies in the US and then selling them on the black market back in Guatemala to Deep State and entertainment elites here in America for use in satanic ceremonies.

But I rant too much. Back on CNN. Does anyone else think Chris Cuomo has an infinitely punchable face and personality? I can't stand this guy and the way he calls everyone by a nick name. He is horrible and so are all these 'newstainment' shows on any of the major networks.

#6296 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:05 PM

The other half as a free 1 month trial for Amazon video. Cue binge watching Picard!! YES!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#6297 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:48 PM

Enjoy!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#6298 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:48 PM

RIP Alex Trebek.

Funny: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoPFkjF-Bdo

Be ready to cry: https://twitter.com/...491244391395328 & www.youtube.com/watch?v=-McR3sBWNRA

#6299 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:53 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 13 November 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

Enjoy!

Sweet baby jesus. I've got a double bill finale left. Need to find the perfect moment to watch it. It keeps making me want to cry.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#6300 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 November 2020 - 03:13 PM

Can a British person who has watched it tell me if SILENT WITNESS is worthwhile? Bear in mind I'm a massive Emilia Fox fan...so that weighs on my desire to watch it. I understand it's your typical Police/Morgue serial show...but is it worth it otherwise? It's not on any streaming service here in Canada and I'd have to buy seasons on iTunes if I dove in (and I would probably not start at the beginning, and would drop in when Fox came on board which I understand moves it past the awkward 90's years), so just curious if some of your lovely Brits could chime in.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 November 2020 - 03:13 PM

Share this topic:

• 389 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users