• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#5841 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:36 PM

CRISIS finale.

Spoiler

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5842 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 January 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

... So they pulled what was supposed to be the last ep of S1 (the fight with Trigon) and inserted it as S2 Ep1....no one is sure why.

I didn't think it was a mystery. The show got crazy pre-reviews and a renewal before it was even out and they decided the last part of the S1 finale worked better as a premiere for S2., leaving a hell of a hook at the end of the S1 finale.

Just watched the S2 premiere... ok, fine it sort of works but i don't think it would have made much difference vs the other hook they have.

Spoiler

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5843 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:20 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 31 December 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

Ah yiss! Chop this up on a mirror, transfer to a spoon, put flame underneath to melt it down to a liquid, transfer that liquid to a syringe, and shoot that concentrated goodness directly into my carotid arteries. So pumped for this!

I think everyone has got creepy smiling weirdo James Holzhauer taking it, but don't sleep on Ken Jennings, I think people forget how dominant he was. I'm placing my bets on him. I will concede I think Holzhauer is quicker/better with the answer button and his 'all in' gambler strategy could pay off large.

It's over. I called it. Ken Jennings takes it. The first one to win three becomes the champion. James Holzhauer only took one. Brad Rutter should have just stayed home. Other then having an uncanny ability to find the daily doubles he didn't threaten at all. His daily double witchery helped Ken Jennings though, because it kept Holzhauer off his strategy of betting it all, every time he lands on a daily double. Jennings was impressive as hell though. And whoo-boy! these categories and answers were definitely chosen to test the limits of their knowledge. Well earned title of greatest of all time by Jennings.

#5844 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:03 AM

Started watching Upstart Crow - I'd caught little bits in passing before but not really sat down to watch it and pay attention.

Ha, I love it. Gemma Whelan (Asha in GOT) is bloody brilliant as Kate and I would argue steals most of the best bits. As a bit of a history nut for that period as well I'm enjoying all the referencing going on too.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 16 January 2020 - 10:05 AM

- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#5845 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:34 PM

Finished up the final season of Silicon Valley. Consistently delivered throughout every season. I'm probably biased because I work in tech and the show hits the bulls-eye on so many of my experiences. Probably the way the original Office did for some of you lot? The final season was absurd. Russfest begs, nay, demands to be seen. Also, fuckin' Gabe, fuck that guy. Posted Image Anyone who has worked in tech or your company's IT dept. knows someone like Gabe.

#5846 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

In keeping with my sporadic watching patterns I have seen The Good Place Seasons 1-3 and Castlevania Season 1-2
I loved the Good Place. It felt very innovative.

And as for Castlevania, all I wanted was a fun anime but this show, especially Season 2 blew me away. I love Sypha

#5847 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

The Good Place is incredible, really sad it's ending soon (last part of the final season is now on Netflix weekly).
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5848 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:41 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 16 January 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

The Good Place is incredible, really sad it's ending soon (last part of the final season is now on Netflix weekly).

To be fair, the rate at which they burn through plot ideas makes a long showrun difficult.

#5849 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:08 PM

View PostAndorion, on 16 January 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

To be fair, the rate at which they burn through plot ideas makes a long showrun difficult.

I agree. I love the show, but it's got a finite bunch of stories to tell.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5850 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:38 PM

I do agree. I think it makes sense to finish on a strong note. Seems they learnt the lesson of the Office which massively dipped for about 2.5 seasons...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5851 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:53 PM

I think showrunners are starting to figure out that there are better long-term employment options in ending a show on a fan/critical loving high than riding it into the ground and then no one wants to work with you.

#5852 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:32 AM

View PostAndorion, on 16 January 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

To be faaaaiiiiirrrrrrr....

BTW, LetterKenny season 8 was more fucking awesomeness.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#5853 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:21 PM

I really do hate the internet a lot of the times. So much dumb shit. In an effort to be 'first', inaccuracies are commonplace. Then dumb fucks read it and propagate it and give it life. Hey assholes, if you even attended only the first day of freshman level Journalism 101, at least make an attempt to apply what you learned (and are the basic tenets of journalism), dummies.

Posted Image

"Clickbait" accusation in 3...2... <oh fuck off ffs>

#5854 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:10 PM

Latest episode of The Good Place was spectacular.

"Think of it as flattening the penises of their hearts."
"It finally makes sense!"
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5855 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:20 AM

View PostBachelor King, on 19 January 2020 - 12:34 AM, said:

Ok I was in early S2. Hmm that seems wrong somehow. This show is really helped out so much having the “fucks” in on Netflix.

Now it just needs some boobs and a wang. Saw a Centar dick shadow lol

So ... you want "full HBO"?

And there is never a need for dudity. :no
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5856 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:48 AM

Oh man the end of that Rick and Morty was so fucked up! It was kind of similar to the futurama time machine one where they come back and kill their future selves by landing on them with the time machine, but with different dimensions. And more Cronenbergs.

Love that title music too.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#5857 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

See, now your're getting schwifty with it! Poop jokes are actually kind of funny, yeah? Now absorb this - New members are going to gravitate to the threads for each book title. Do you really think they are going to go to something called the 'Phoenix Inn' see a thread about how to poop and be all like 'eff this place, it's not serious about SE's genius work, imma go somwhere else'.... come on guy. When I was a new member I only focused on the book threads, and wasn't even aware of any of the threads below them.

Posted Image

#5858 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

Historically, i have given TEEN TITANS GO a lot of shit.

I have said it is loud, stupid, infantile, aimed at 9-yr old boys with short attention spans and ongoing cotton-swab-related head trauma issues. Mostly, i have slammed it for being what replaced YOUNG JUSTICE a few years ago.

This past weekend, through acts of destiny and fate not my own, i was required to watch multiple episodes.

A LOT of multiple episodes.

I have concluded that it is everything i hate in cartoons and have disliked it for in the past.

It is also FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Why? ...because Cyborg gets a Green Lantern ring and the only construct he makes is Bea Arthur's character from The Golden Girls to beat people up with. Because Robin has a back-up team of other Robins and in seven minutes the show makes effective in-jokes about all of them that only someone who read the relevant comics would understand... yes, even Tim Drake. Because Starfire using 'the' before nouns is funny (and someday i will use the line 'why are you not wearing the pants?'). Because virtually everything Raven.

Fuck. My reality is so fragile.

...seriously, the Cyborg thing, i have not laughed that hard at something on tv in years.

Posted Image

#5859 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:11 PM

View PostAbyss, on 20 January 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

Historically, i have given TEEN TITANS GO a lot of shit.

I have concluded that it is everything i hate in cartoons and have disliked it for in the past.

It is also FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Ah yes, I traversed this road to Damascus myself in the past. This exact one about TT:GO and came around similarly.

That said, since you've made this one leap...your next leap (if you have D+) is to watch STAR VS THE FORCES OF EVIL...because it's also everything I used to hate about animation and style and tone...and is one fo the best fucking shows I've ever watched in the medium. Hilarious doesn't even begin to cover it.

Also, Glossaryck.

#5860 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:19 PM

Noted.

Speaking of D+ (Canada), it's not my imagination that X-Men Evolution isn't on there, right?

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users