• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#5941 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:13 AM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 11 March 2020 - 02:27 AM, said:

Oh fuck YES!!!!! Kingdom S2 this Friday!!!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

That show was a great deal of fun! Loved the hats.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#5942 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:49 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 11 March 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Is this the Netflix show? I saw the title card but I've no idea what it's about. Good?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5943 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 March 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Is this the Netflix show? I saw the title card but I've no idea what it's about. Good?

A sort of zombie horror show set in medieval korea. The emperor is sick and a cure is found to prolong his life, and you can imagine where things go from there. It's a surprisingly solid show, with some great costumes and suitably unpleasant zombies.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#5944 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:21 PM

Ah, I thought it might have been a remake of the Danish tv series 'Riget' by Lars von Trier. Which was also great. But it sounds like it is very different.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#5945 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:46 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 11 March 2020 - 12:59 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 March 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

A sort of zombie horror show set in medieval korea. The emperor is sick and a cure is found to prolong his life, and you can imagine where things go from there. It's a surprisingly solid show, with some great costumes and suitably unpleasant zombies.

Wow, sounds cool. I'll check it out!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5946 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:11 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 March 2020 - 06:48 AM, said:

Normally I pay little attention to video game based television series/movies, but this one I think I'll keep tabs on.

'Chernobyl' Creator Will Adapt 'The Last Of Us' As A Series For HBO

Gustavo Santaolalla is on board, which is fantastic. He did the soundtrack for the game. One of the best.

HBO's The Last of Us show brings game composer Gustavo Santaolalla on board

https://www.youtube....h?v=DvNF51-TSAQ

#5947 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:20 AM

Wow, Colbert seemed to forget that the Prime Minister of Ireland is the son of an immigrant from India, and made fun of his name for not sounding Irish enough. Culminating in a Shatner-esque 'I am Varalkar, bow down before me!' When Colbert's only guest that night was himself Indian-American....

Sadly typical Irish-American; says he's 'Irish' as an excuse to drink ostentatiously, but doesn't seem to bother learning anything about contemporary Ireland....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 14 March 2020 - 12:20 AM

#5948 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:18 PM

Damn, with all the real world crazy, didn't realize Westworld season 3 starts tonight. Well, now I know and you do to.Posted Image

I stalled out in watching season 2. I saw where they were going with season 2 on the whole, but it seemed like it was going to be a slog and some of it was confusing. I want to check out season 3, so I guess I'll need to try and pick up where I stopped. I think it was around episode 6 (so just four episodes to finish the s2). I've probably forgotten a lot though.

#5949 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:17 PM

Awww yissss! With sports cancelled, ESPN is bringing back ESPN8: The Ocho this Sunday. The European TramDriver Championship is a must watch.Posted Image

Posted Image

#5950 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:49 PM

Disney+ comes out in the UK on Tuesday! I'm already booked up and paid up, looking forward to discovering it.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5951 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:57 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 March 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

Disney+ comes out in the UK on Tuesday! I'm already booked up and paid up, looking forward to discovering it.

You have so much good stuff to watch!

#5952 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:31 PM

Being stuck at home I've begun spending an hour or two a day on my spinning bike while watching Netflix.

So far I've watched the first season of The Witcher and 4 episodes of Dark, a cool and creepy German time travel murder mystery.

The Witcher show was okay. A bastardization of the quality writing found in the first two Witcher books. It's not that bad of a recreation but I'm baffled by the producers apparent need to change every aspect of the books story in small and large ways that are in no way an improvement on the books, quite the contrary.

Love the casting for Geralt, Yennnefer and
Dandelion (Why do they call him Jaskier?) though. I'm surprised at how well Caville pulls off Geralts look and voice. Needs more facial scars though. Generally all the characters in this show are too pretty for a bunch of medieval peasants and soldiers.

#5953 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:39 PM

View PostAptorian, on 20 March 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

Being stuck at home I've begun spending an hour or two a day on my spinning bike while watching Netflix.

So far I've watched the first season of The Witcher and 4 episodes of Dark, a cool and creepy German time travel murder mystery.

The Witcher show was okay. A bastardization of the quality writing found in the first two Witcher books. It's not that bad of a recreation but I'm baffled by the producers apparent need to change every aspect of the books story in small and large ways that are in no way an improvement on the books, quite the contrary.

Love the casting for Geralt, Yennnefer and
Dandelion (Why do they call him Jaskier?) though. I'm surprised at how well Caville pulls off Geralts look and voice. Needs more facial scars though. Generally all the characters in this show are too pretty for a bunch of medieval peasants and soldiers.

Dark is easily top 3 greatest shows of the last decade, to me. Absolutely Fantastic. Haven't finished The Witcher yet.

#5954 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:05 PM

Apt I think Jaskier is the original name in the Polish version of the books, might be wrong though.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5955 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:18 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 March 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

Apt I think Jaskier is the original name in the Polish version of the books, might be wrong though.

'Jaskier is the bard's original polish firstname in the books. Jaskier translates as buttercup, a yellow-petal flower that grows in the wild. Dandelion is probably a chosen translation for Jaskier that also represents a yellow-petal flower in English.'

Glad I watched the show before listening to the books. Funny how, even for stories that seem to have almost the same plot as in the show, I'm still eager to hear about happens next (granted, that's partly because of the significant differences...).

#5956 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:15 AM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 20 March 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

Can’t wait for Dark S3. Quality stuff there that must be watched in its original language.

I tried out the English dub version first but the synchronized speech was freaking me out. Not sure if they are using some kind of AI tech now a days to make it seem like the German actors mouthing English words but it was unsettling. Switched to German instead and it's great.

Not a lot of dialogue in that series. Lot more scenes of people standing in forests or sitting at tables looking haunted.

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 20 March 2020 - 09:18 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 March 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

'Jaskier is the bard's original polish firstname in the books. Jaskier translates as buttercup, a yellow-petal flower that grows in the wild. Dandelion is probably a chosen translation for Jaskier that also represents a yellow-petal flower in English.'

Glad I watched the show before listening to the books. Funny how, even for stories that seem to have almost the same plot as in the show, I'm still eager to hear about happens next (granted, that's partly because of the significant differences...).

Don't know why I didn't think about that.

Having first played the games, then read the books, Dandelion just became ingrained.

They make Jaskier a bit too much of a joke character in the show I think. Dandelion is full of himself and a clown but he's highly talented and holds degrees.

#5957 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:18 AM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 22 March 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

Finished GT’s Primal Ep 4. This show is fucking glorious.

Yes. Yes it is.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5958 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:20 AM

Oh my, I'm not sure exactly what this is going to be, but it looks like Amazon Echo / Google Home are going to get the "24" treatment.Posted Image

#5959 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:06 PM

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Lost in Space reboot. Don't like it.

It's both stupid and too clever for it's own good. I get that they want to hook the viewer immediately by putting the family in a stressful escalating situation but when I haven't gotten to know the characters yet, it means I don't care if they live or die.

It's also hard to take a show serious when it's about a family travelling into outer space but want to play it straight. Who the fuck sends three kids into space?

#5960 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:45 PM

Watched season 3 of True Detective (the one with Mahershala Ali), eh, it was okay, but nothing great. I think since they caught lightning in a bottle with the McConaughey/Harrelson season 1, the seasons that have come after just can't measure up, even though they may be good. Fun little call back to season one in this third season though. S3 had some really cool moments, and I would say I have a positive impression over all, but I finished it feeling let down.

Share this topic:

• 389 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users