Malazan Empire: Return of the Crimson Guard - PROLOGUE - OFFICIAL VERSION - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Return of the Crimson Guard - PROLOGUE - OFFICIAL VERSION

#61 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:47 AM

Maybe Tiam and MD both were sexing Draconus up? :D

My older brother just read the prologue and was like "Who the fuck is Liosseracal?". It has to be Osseric, doesn't it? I mean, unless he has some brothers like Rake has that are either dead or gone.

#62 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:54 AM

He does. According to one of the books
Spoiler

People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. Therell be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.
- China Mieville

#63 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

That was an Edur Legend, no?
We all know how reliable THOSE are.. :p
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#64 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, I fondly remember the Edur legend of the Betrayer treacherously stabbing Father Shadow in the knife with his traitorous back.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isnt me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like hes me. Look down, back up, where are you? Youre in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. Whats in your hand, back at me. I have it, its an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. Im on a quorl.

#65 User is offline   Doan 

• Recruit

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

Dancer;308293 said:

It seems like there was a group of entities attacking the Azath.

A savage smile of blunt canine tusks. “None. Best ask whom I set upon. Are there no others?”
“None I saw.”
The smile crooked down to a feral scowl. “All consumed then. Taken by the blast.”

I got the feeling that this passage hinted that he destroyed the Azath and all those imprisoned in it. We know that new Azath are week (per GotM), so this one would have had to have imprisoned some beings to gain strength or the feat of its destruction wouldn't have been something to marvel at.

#66 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:20 PM

nice

#67 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

Interesting how Osserc doesn't seem to be infected by the same post-Azath-death thingy as Icarium.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isnt me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like hes me. Look down, back up, where are you? Youre in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. Whats in your hand, back at me. I have it, its an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. Im on a quorl.

#68 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:44 AM

Illuyankas;332738 said:

Interesting how Osserc doesn't seem to be infected by the same post-Azath-death thingy as Icarium.

Could be cuz Icarium is more of a mortal being then him...

or maybe it did... it seem so to me that osserc seemed to calm down in present days eras in the books compared to these crazy shannigans...

though didnt someone say Liossercal wasnt osserc... I thought I remember reading that,
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#69 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:11 AM

Well. Liossercal is an elder god, possibly even an elemental being. I don't think they're as easily messed with as a mortal jhag.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users