Malazan Empire: gIV Malazan Empire Eclipse - Malazan Empire

• 297 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

gIV Malazan Empire Eclipse R9 player order: Twelve,IH,MorCF,Tapper,Khell,D'rek,Tatts,Gnaw

#41 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Orientation for Guardians of Magellan:

As with so many things, nothing is clear cut about the Magellan's attention to exploration. Nevertheless, two streams have prevailed and have deployed the exploration fleets. La société de l'exploration a l'ouest advocates exploration towards the Galactic Centre, eager to put forward that where there is civilization, there is liberty and opportunity - or people to be liberated. To such an effect, they decided towards the deployment of two discovery fleets, one to strike out to the North-west, the other to the South-west.
In direct opposition sits the Coalition d'Est, which argues that undiscovered worlds in the far reaches of the star system offer both unmined riches and barbaric civilizations waiting to remove the shackles of tradition and trade them in for the delights of freedom that the Magellan can bring.

To support the endeavours of the societies, private equity is deployed to back Le Professeur, the scientist who perfected the Fusion Source.

Orientate the homeworld as (5): wormholes south west, north west & wormholes south east, north east.
Remove a science cube.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#42 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Oh, page 2. We're starting to move along now. :blink:

D'rek:

Security
  • D'rek knows the code and which hex it cooresponds to but does not know which codes were selected for use.
  • I know which codes are in use, but not the hexes they correspond to. I think I'll probably put each txt file into its own folder as added insurance against opening the wrong text file by mistake.
  • Yes, I can cheat. If anyone is concerned with that, we could add an extra person into the cycle with little chance of slowing the game down while making it truly double-blind.
    • Instead of sending me the text files, she sends me the 51 codes.
    • D'rek PMs the entire list of codes with the hex number and name to Path-Shaper. She deletes the PM from her side.
    • When I select a code for a hex, I request whomever is available to log into PS and give us the corresponding hex number.
    • It doesn't matter who uses Path-Shaper as all they know is what D'rek knows; the names of all 51 hexes and their codes.
    • People available to log in and retrieve and would be willing to do so (probably):
      • Khell and anyone who is not in his game.
      • Grief
      • Vengy
      • obdigore
      • Hoosier Daddy.
      • Worry Almost always around
      • Una Almost always around

Edit: if we did that you wouldn't have to screw around making txt files.

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 20 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

#43 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I am fine with not introducing anyone to sit in between. I think we all trust you. No need to ask someone for tedious affairs like administration for a game they're not even part of.
For what it is worth: I have Tapper's Stuff on digest in my e-mail and I get updates from it (that I don't read).
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#44 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

I trust Gnaw not to cheat. Adding another layer in-between wouldn't really make much difference, there's *tons* of places where the mod could cheat in this game to their advantage and adding extra people as go-betweens for everything would be silly. I has trust!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#45 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

I agree with you both. Gnaw don't sweat it man ;-)
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#46 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 19 October 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Round: 0

Gnaw -
  • Orient at 6
  • discard money
  • No clue. But it's been that way on the map for awhile.

"Read that back to me Secretary."

"In a translation error, I used the word "money" instead of the proper word "materials". The Emperor reminded me in his official communique that while the babblings used by the animals is inferior to the Heroe's Tongue it is my duty as Chmee to translate correctly. My punishment for this translation error is the public humiliation of disclosing the that I have been reprimanded."

"You idiot. 'babblings used by the animals'. 'is inferior'. You intended to send that out to them? Change it to "languages used by our fellow denizens of the galaxy may be inferior". Wait, reprimand or not I'll not stoop to calling them fellows. 'languages used by the other denizens of the galaxy may be inferior' and transmit it to whichever of the animal ambassadors need to see it."

"Immediately, Chmee Gnaw".

"And once you've done that go tell the UnderSecretary that he is now Secretary and his first task is to find you a suitable postion where your incompetence won't do any further damage. Housekeeping maybe."

"But Chmee it wasn't my fault!"

"Of course it was. One more word, one more twitch of that tail and I'll have your ears. Go."
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#47 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostTapper, on 20 October 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

I am fine with not introducing anyone to sit in between. I think we all trust you. No need to ask someone for tedious affairs like administration for a game they're not even part of.
For what it is worth: I have Tapper's Stuff on digest in my e-mail and I get updates from it (that I don't read).

View PostD, on 20 October 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I trust Gnaw not to cheat. Adding another layer in-between wouldn't really make much difference, there's *tons* of places where the mod could cheat in this game to their advantage and adding extra people as go-betweens for everything would be silly. I has trust!

View PostGanoes Paran, on 20 October 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I agree with you both. Gnaw don't sweat it man ;-)

I wasn't really going for the "we trust you" bit. As D'rek says there is plenty of room for that. :blink:

I was raised by parents who didn't understand that there was more than one way to do anything. As a result I've evolved a "option seeking" personality. It's just second nature now.

The added layer removes the possibility of accidental knowledge and makes it truly double blind. So I shared it.

#48 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Here's all the letter codes for you to shuffle:

AN
BY
AR
BG
CP
BC
BK
BE
CJ
CN
AZ
AF
BI
BO
AP
AV
BU
AJ
BM
AH
CL
CB
AD
CH
BS
BA
AL
CF
BW
BQ
AT

The files are on the way!

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#49 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Round: 0

• IH -
    • Orient as is (1)
    • Discard materials.
    • Source
  • Morgoth -
    • Hm, keep current alignment, then. (1) Source
    • In conclusion, the Hydrani University of Progress will discard a $ cube. Source
  • CF -
    • Galactic North, then to the Northwest, the South and Southeast (3 or 6; assumed 6)*
    • removing an entire cubic unit of money
    • Source
  • Tapper -
    • Orientate the homeworld as (5): wormholes south west, north west & wormholes south east, north east.
    • Remove a science cube.
  • Khell - ?
  • D'rek -
    • North, Northwest, Southeast and South (3 or 6; assumed 6)*
    • economic networks shall be increased
    • Source
  • GP -
    • Rotate our hex so that two wormholes are touching Tier 2, so that is one click Anti Clockwise. (6)
    • Discard money cube.
    • from here
  • Gnaw - (discovering that he really should have looked closer at the Draco)
    • Orient at 6
    • discard money materials
    • No clue. But it's been that way on the map for awhile.
  • Twelve -
    • Orientation - There's a reason they're exiled. Don't google "interspecies relations" :blink:
    • Discard - Camping so one would assume "science"
    • Orbital - money or science?

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 20 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

#50 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Anyone think khell is planning the whole game from start to finish with permutations
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#51 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostTapper, on 20 October 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

That actually isn't an issue at the moment. I am really trying to keep the "action thread" (notification thread) as free from edits as possible. I noticed that editing posts in game 3 caused me to create errors. So I'm using the thread in your forum to make sure I've got it right before posting into the official thread. For example, I picked 5 too many techs the first time through random because I forgot to subtract the 5 predictive. Caught the mistake before it ended up in the action thread.

View PostD, on 20 October 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Email?

I've got ambassador tiles for the guardians. Going to use the 235 tile for them. Essen is only 5 days away and then we'll know what the actual hex looks like.

Still working on ships. I'm going to add color to the SP1 ship styles and use whichever one comes out best. Since I'm doing that, I think I'll do a starbase as well. The existing ones aren't colored as distinctly as the could be. And they're too big.

Edit:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 20 October 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Anyone think khell is planning the whole game from start to finish with permutations

This game or the mafia? I'm betting that he's damn near forgot this one exists. The curtain goes up on his show in 12ish hours. First time producer. He's running around making sure the costumes are just right, the actors know their lines, sobering up the choreographer, etc.

:blink:

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 20 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

#52 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

oh, our camper is back. Happy I hope.

Now we need Khell. Unless he declared orientation and discard in the middle of one of those posts in the signup sheet.

Edit: or not. Twelve?

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 20 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

#53 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Tried to check in real quick but got roped into unpacking and a mini project. Going to wash the campfire smoke off of me and contemplate my options.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#54 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

I shouldn't be making this decision without thinking this all the way through but for better or worse rotate my hex so I have two wormholes facing tier II and discard material cube.

#55 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 20 October 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

View PostD, on 20 October 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Email?

Yup

#56 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

View Posttwelve, on 21 October 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

I shouldn't be making this decision without thinking this all the way through but for better or worse rotate my hex so I have two wormholes facing tier II and discard material cube.

Well you can still take time to mull over those two serious decisions. You're good until IH makes his turn 1 action.

And if you're lucky, he won't do that until Khell puts in his orientation/discard.

So you've probably got several hours to second guess yourself.

Orbitals can have science or money. Which for yours?

#57 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 21 October 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 21 October 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Well you can still take time to mull over those two serious decisions. You're good until IH makes his turn 1 action.

And if you're lucky, he won't do that until Khell puts in his orientation/discard.

So you've probably got several hours to second guess yourself.

Orbitals can have science or money. Which for yours?

Money

#58 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

The students haven't come in yet, and there's nothing interesting written in the Marian Times, so right now the University is at its most efficient. Let's go!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#59 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Fine. I'll go have another cup of coffee, or read an essay, or teach or something.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#60 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

The minds of the mechanema have reached consensus. Under the leadership of 00 0100 00 101 0 1000 00 110 0000 001 0100 0100 000, a concerted effort will be made to improve the strength of our hulls. All are welcome in the collective, but the biologicals are known for there irrational behavior. We must be prepared to encourage them to join the collective.

Research Improved Hulls ($3, S0, M:3, upkeep 0)

Share this topic:

• 297 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users