Spoiler

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 15 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#122 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hey, just catching up - before I get in character - I had no intention of blocking Tapper from using the Eridani....I just skimmed too fast and didn't see that there were two terran choices (thought there was just the one left).

If tapper is super keen on Eridani, I will just use the other human choice.

If it's too late now, then my apologies for being imprecise Tapper. May we still be great friends.

Edit: I did that because Tapper had already stated that he wanted the Magellan. :p

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 19 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#123 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 15 October 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Hey, just catching up - before I get in character - I had no intention of blocking Tapper from using the Eridani....I just skimmed too fast and didn't see that there were two terran choices (thought there was just the one left).

If tapper is super keen on Eridani, I will just use the other human choice.

If it's too late now, then my apologies for being imprecise Tapper. May we still be great friends.

No problemo, CF. The Magellan were in my shortlist of races to try and I for one am happy with my choice :p
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#124 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

The Guardians of Magellan, as introduced by l'ambassadeur Outan.

Let me start with an oft forgotten technicality.
The name Guardians of Magellan is in fact a miss-translation of anges gardiens d'libre based on faulty Mechanema translation software compromised by a low-G environment as typically found on the Magellan's fleets. Nevertheless, the name stuck and the Guardians, believing in everyone's right to be wrong, accepted the misnomer and moved on. Or maybe we couldn't give a fuck.

Anyway, our society, while advocating liberty as its greatest good, as can be gleaned from our chosen name, is nonetheless stratisfied up to a point. We are divided in social circles that identify themselves under names as diverse as société, association, circle, fraternité, corporation, et cetera. Individuals are free to belong to multiple circuits, and each individual strives to belong to at the very least two different ones: one representing their job interests and one representing their political outlook.

Below you can find some of our most prominent circles and individuals:

The Federation de Clé a Monette:
Spoiler

The primary producer of the Magellan's ships, from the Singe S'Abandon Fighter Class to the Gorille de Montagne Dreadnoughts.

Société au profit de la recherche d'intelligence extraterrestre is led by Sieur Inconnu (see picture) is an academic circle with a clear outward focus. Many aliens confuse the Société with the Magellan diplomatic service: they couldn't be more wrong as the Société is a private instution, like all other circles, and the Magellan state has no diplomatic service. However, all members of our species recognise the hard work of Inconnu and his fellow circle members and agree that the assessment of Société is generally worth following.
Spoiler

Outsiders are often confused by the Magellan idea of circles determining everything, and point at a lack of decisiveness and discipline without a chain of command. We know better. First, our fleet tactics have perfected the withdrawal into an artform way beyond the capabilities of other races.
Secondly, a ships Fraternité has everything to win by electing the most bright and tactically savvy individuals as First Amongst Equals as it guarantees the best shot at success, and at survival.
Le Petit Caporal never fails to secure appointment as First of the First Circle of the First of Amongst Equals (Le premier des premiers dans la circle des Equitables)
Spoiler

Le Petit Caporal is our primary tactician.

The Fraternité pour la fermentation is the circle most concerned with alien hard drugs. Our merchants, mostly associated with the Fraternité, are the foremost dealers of illicit substances in the universe, and the drug trade has developed into a tourist industry for extraterristrials, as per the concept of Liberty above Everything, (ab)use of such substances is allowed. Billions of aliens go through our space ports each year and in response, both the Galactic Dictionary and the Galactic Justice Department have formally recognized the phrase "going Magellan" as a status for any individual who cannot remember where he is, what drugs he took or why there is a dead hooker in the room.

While we do not encourage anyone to take hard drugs, and certainly not an Apéritif Intergalactique (two whiffs of Magellan incense, one Planta Provocateur leaf, a drip of Fermented Exilemare Milk, half a cup of tequila with a Draco-berry on top, don't forget the Iridani irradiated nuclear umbrella), any drugs marked with the Fraternité's quality stamp (depicted below) is of legal origin.
Spoiler

L'association Mysterieux is a society of the mystery obsessed. It has spawned spies, thieves, scientists and researchers and both uncovers secrets as well as buries them. On behalf of all of the Magellan circles except for them, we wish you a good game.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Tapper: 15 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

#125 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 15 October 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 15 October 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 15 October 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

*sound of moss growing*

The Guardians of Magellan are always looking for what is beautiful and wonderful in the universe, and we firmly believe cultural diversity and symbiosis is the answer.
Our diplomatic community société au profit de la recherche d'intelligence extraterrestre has seen fit to create a botanical garden on our homeplanet to house your embassador.

We also extend our hand in friendship to the human community united under the enlightened despot known as CF. Our Fraternité pour la fermentation is eager for an exchange of goods and knowledge.

*flower's petals unfurl in symbol of openess, trust, and acceptance*.

I mean, uhm,

*rustle rustle whoosh swish*

I'm about halfway through "a fire upon the deep" right now. All I can think of is the skroderiders when you're talking about rustling and wooshing fronds.

EDIT

And those little aquatic plants are evil as FUCK!

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 15 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#126 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Khell, you should be worried. Tapper has decided to RP as monkeys. Monkeys eat bananas. Bananas are plants!!!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#127 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostD, on 15 October 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Khell, you should be worried. Tapper has decided to RP as monkeys. Monkeys eat bananas. Bananas are plants!!!

I'd say it opens up the export trade from him to me...

#128 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

I am so bad at RPing, but I want to give it a blast. Can anyone give me any pointers? Tips to a good RP and how to stay in character?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#129 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostTapper, on 15 October 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

The Planta believe in a symbiotic circle of giving and sharing. The monkeys can eat the bananas, so long as they water the banana plant, and plant enought banana plants in order to make up for what they consume.

Now pretend I said that through a rustling of leaves and a creaking of bark.

I believe the Planta have need for a Magellan translator.

Attached File  monkey typewriter simpsons 1.png (235.74K)
Number of downloads: 0
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#130 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostTapper, on 15 October 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

That's like... a slave market? Or a dead peoples' limbs market?

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#131 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

===========================================
INTRAGALACTIC CABLE FROM TERRAN DIRECTORATE
===========================================

Destination - Hydrani High Command, Keepers of Magellan Leader, Denizens of the Galaxy
Origin - Old Earth, Office of the Terran Directorate Press Secretary
Subject - Greetings
Classification - Open Access
Stardate - 2013-10-15:11:40

Terran Directorate members have voted on a new director. Cervenius Fiestus was elected Supreme Director by a panel of his peers on Stardate 2013-10-14:12:00. His mandate is for expansion of the human colonies, job creation for the working class, and he has expressed interest in forging beneficial relationships with nearby races.

To the oft-reclusive hydrani, SD. C. Fiestus extends friendship on the one hand and protection on the other. He understands the Hydrani's focus on technological advancement and hopes sharing of scientific knowledge might sow the seed of a mutually beneficial relationship in the near future.

To the ancient and mystical Keepers of Magellan, the Supreme Director sends a message of peace. We know little of your race, being new to interstellar communication and travel. S.D. C. Fiestus hopes our emissaries might soon meet to exchange knowledge, and perhaps forge a lasting friendship.

To races we have yet to meet, the Terran Directorate policy is "peace first, shoot weapons later" in all extraterrestrial encounters. Let us first be friends before we speak of war.

=================
TRANSMISSION ENDS
=================

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 15 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#132 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

soooooo, when do we start?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#133 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 17 October 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

we've got races, locations and the first tech board done. I guess next we need to pick our HW orientations, and then after that we need to decide what type of cube to remove from our boards, then IH can take his first action!

#134 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostD, on 17 October 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 17 October 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

we've got races, locations and the first tech board done. I guess next we need to pick our HW orientations, and then after that we need to decide what type of cube to remove from our boards, then IH can take his first action!

Yeah IH start us off with your wormhole orientation and your population cube discard.

Then we proceed in the direction of the first round until the last of the setup is done and then we can have IH start off the explore/research bananza.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#135 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm not sure how to RP the Lyra. If they're all mind-melded-enlightenedy, would that make them schizophrenic...?

#136 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostD, on 17 October 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

I'm not sure how to RP the Lyra. If they're all mind-melded-enlightenedy, would that make them schizophrenic...?

I'd love to see you try and pull that off.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#137 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Game thread will go up in an hour or so.

My board keeps crashing. Still trying to figure out why. In the meantime, pick orientations.

And cube removal.

Full board

Spoiler

LoRes Board
Spoiler

LoRes map
Spoiler

LoRes no map
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 17 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

#138 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

And a question: Exploring and available hexes. There's a glitch since Planta and Draco are playing.

sector I: 8 available, only 6 used.
sector II: 14 available, only 12 used.
sector III: 31 available, only 24 used.

Tabletop game (my understanding):

The 24 sector III hexes are chosen face down. The explores come only from those 24. Discards are set to the side and re-shuffled when/if the pile is gone.

ME game 3:

The hexes were taken out of the entire list of available hexes until 24 hexes had been placed.

Quandry:

1. Pick the 24 hexes now. Discards set to side. Re-shuffle when necessary.
  • Consequence of this is that all the hexes have to be face up so no advantage to moi. Meaning that everyone knows which of the special hexes are not in the game.
2. Pick the 24 as they're explored out of all available hexes. Discards set to side.
  • Which means that the discards are essentially removed from the game upon discard.
3. Pick the 24 as they're explored out of all available hexes. Discards immediately placed back in the available hex pool.
  • As Draco I'm sorta not liking that idea because it seriously weakens the power of my discard.
4. Other solution that I haven't considered.

5. Pick the hexes as they're explored out of all available hexes. Each discard reduces the number of explores FROM ALL HEXES by 1. Discards set to the side. Once the number of explores + the number of discards = 24, further explores draw only from the discarded hexes.

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 17 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

#139 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

When I play tabletop, I generally set aside 24 hexes, if someone discards, a new tile is added to the base of the discard deck. In the vary rare occurrence where we run out of new tiles, discard deck is reshuffled and a new tile is added from the discards. So that's option 2, with addons in that we can reshuffle (could conceivably happen with tier 1 I guess). I can't remember whether draco discards face up, but I think so.

#140 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'll discard production, and am happy with the current orientation (connected to 2 tier 2 hexes)

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users