• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Competition thread

#61 User is offline   cervantor 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

Well, I would have mentioned these sooner, but I've been a little busy with our new house ;). Anyways, here's the latest batch of giveaways, with maybe one or two to run later in the month of August:

ONE set of Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen novels (UK Version) including "Gardens of the Moon", "Deadhouse Gates", "Memories of Ice", "House of Chains", "Midnight Tides", "The Bonehunters" and the series' latest release "Reaper's Gale" all courtesy of Transworld Publishers!!! Giveaway ends Tuesday, August 28, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

ONE set of Lian Hearn's Tales of the Otori including "Across the Nightingale Floor", "Grass For His Pillow", "Brilliance of the Moon", "The Harsh Cry of the Heron" and the author's latest release, "Heaven's Net Is Wide" all courtesy of Pan MacMillan!!! As an added bonus, the winner will also receive SIGNED BOOKPLATES thanks to Lian Hearn! Giveaway ends Tuesday, August 28, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

FIVE SIGNED copies of David Anthony Durham's "Acacia" courtesy of Doubleday Books!!! Giveaway ends Wednesday, August 29, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

ONE set of Lois McMaster Bujold's "The Sharing Knife Duology" including "Beguilement" (Volume One) and "Legacy" (Volume Two) courtesy of EOS Books!!! Giveaway ends Wednesday, August 29, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

THREE copies of Charlie Huston's "The Shotgun Rule" courtesy of Ballantine Books!!! Giveaway ends Tuesday, August 28, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

ONE set of Kim Harrison’s Rachel Morgan novels including “Dead Witch Walking”, “The Good, The Bad, and The Undead”, “Every Which Way But Dead”, “A Fistful of Charms” and the author’s latest release, “For A Few Demons More” all courtesy of EOS Books!!! Giveaway ends Friday, August 31, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

Thanks to everyone who enters and Good Luck!!!

#62 User is offline   Duvodas 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:02 PM

Hey patrick, thank you for the US cover art of Reaper's Gale. I think the guy with the two swords looks more like R.A. Salvatore's character, Drizzt Do'Urden, than any character Erikson has created. Of course, the similarity can be established on the basis that it is Lockwood who is doing cover arts for BOTH authors.

#63 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:43 PM

Well, the American covers continue to suck. . .;)

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#64 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:17 AM

Hi guys!

I have three copies of the collaboration between George R. R. Martin, Gardner Dozois and Daniel Abraham, Hunter's Run, up for grabs, courtesy of Voyager Books.

Check the blog for the details! ;)

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#65 User is offline   Karsa Orlong 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

@ cervantor - I have a question: in your contests...what is the need for this empty drop-down menu? Or is my computer not showing it right and there should be something in it?
What info do you need in those 5 empty lines? Name and email, got that. But that only needs at most 3 lines... .

Too bad some of your contests are Americans-only ;)

Thanks for those great contests
Karsa

#66 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

Who fancies a copy of Al Ewing's 'El Sombra'. Someone whose name isn't Zorro squares off against evil giant Nazi death robots, an ideal light read for when you're sat by the pool ;o)
Check the blog out if you fancy a go!

#67 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

Hi guys!

I have an ARC of the Subterranean Press limited edition of Scott Lynch's Red Seas under Red Skies up for grabs! ;)

Check the blog for all the details!

Patrick

#68 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

Aww Pat, I just read it. Curse the sphere! ;)

Thanks for letting us know as always.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#69 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:03 PM

Brian Ruckley contest winners!

These two lucky bastards will get their hands on an autographed copy of the trade paperback edition of Ruckley's fantasy debut, Winterbirth (Canada, USA, Europe), compliments of Orbit USA. I just hope they enjoy the book as much as I did!;-)

The winners are:

- David DeLollis, from Spofford, New Hampshire, USA (Lord High Marshall Bubba on malazanempire.com)

Thanks Pat!!!!!

#70 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:41 AM

Obdigore: Yes, but this one is the Advance Reading Copy of the limited edition! You can't get more "limited" than that!;)

Lord High Marshall Bubba: Glad to be of service!:p

Patrick

#71 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:52 PM

Hi guys!

I have three autographed copies of the US edition of Joe Abercrombie's The Blade Itself, compliments of Pyr. I'm eager to see how well this fantasy debut will do in the USA. . .

Check the blog for all the details! ;)

Patrick

#72 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:35 PM

pat5150;205094 said:

Hi guys!

I have three autographed copies of the US edition of Joe Abercrombie's The Blade Itself, compliments of Pyr. I'm eager to see how well this fantasy debut will do in the USA. . .

Check the blog for all the details! :p

Patrick

I am curious about this book, which means you should make me win one :p

edit: hey pat, when does this one close? I couldn't find the info on your site, and would like to know if I am lucky or if I should go fork out the cash to buy one ;)
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#73 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:33 PM

Hey Pat whats the wait on entering more contest?

...I'm a greedy little bastard....mmmuuuhaaaaa

#74 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

There's no wait whatsoever. If you're lucky enough to win another one, then all the power to you!;)

Patrick

#75 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:20 PM

Deornoth;204542 said:

Who fancies a copy of Al Ewing's 'El Sombra'. Someone whose name isn't Zorro squares off against evil giant Nazi death robots, an ideal light read for when you're sat by the pool ;o)
Check the blog out if you fancy a go!

Argh! Only just checked this thread today, and figured I HAD to go for this one, only to find it was not only closed, but drawn already. Poo. :)

In future guys, please note closing date.
Still, I DO appreciate you letting us know about all this cool comps. I guess I just have to check this thread more often. Mea culpa.

Cheers,

El Sombra, well almost ...
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesnt work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#76 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:36 AM

Whoops :) Sorry El Sombra...

The other day, I was sent a copy of Tobias Buckell's 'Crystal Rain' (ethnic space opera, big guns and dirigibles!) to review. This morning, another copy came through the door... I only need the one copy, who wants the other one? If you fancy a free book, have a click Here :p

I'm gonna announce the winner next Monday so the comp will close Sunday morning :p

#77 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:20 PM

Hi there!

Thanks to the nice folks at Tor Books, I have a copy of L. E. Modesitt, jr.'s newest Recluce book, Natural Ordermage, up for grabs.

Add to that the fact that entries are still accepted for the giveaways for Daniel Abraham's A Betrayal in Winter, signed copies of Joe Abercrombie's US edition of The Blade Itself, an ARC of the Subpress limited edition of Scott Lynch's Red Seas under Red Skies, and both the "regular" UK edition and the Subpress limited edition of Martin, Dozois and Abraham's Hunter's Run, and that makes for a bunch of cool contests! :)

Check the blog for all the details!

Patrick

#78 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

My masters have blocked anything with the word 'blog' in the url.

Curses!

- Abyss, will now have to re-allocate that portion of his procrastination routine.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#79 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

Hi there!

I have five copies of R. A. Salvatore's latest, The Orc King, for you to win, compliments of Wizards of the Coast.

Check the blog for the details! :)

Patrick

#80 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:09 AM

Pat, Deornoth, Cervantor ...

Do you guys have an easy way to set something up on your sites that send off confirmation-of-entry emails? What about automatic winner draws that you don't have to do manually?

Because if you don't already, you're probably going to have to soon as the entry numbers rise and become harder to manage. Well, hopefully anyway. :)

EDIT:
@Deornoth
No worries mate. :p

Cheers,

La Sombra, Captain Lazy
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesnt work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users