• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Competition thread

#101 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:40 PM

To coincide with my book review of Fatal Revenant and my forthcoming interview with Donaldson, making this sort of an unofficial Stephen R. Donaldson week on the Hotlist, my latest shameless plug is for The Gap series. In my humble opinion, it's Donaldson's best work to date.

And I have a full set up for grabs on the blog! B) Which means that one lucky winner will get his or hands on The Real Story, Forbidden Knowledge, A Dark and Hungry God Arises, Chaos and Order, and This Day All Gods Die, courtesy of Bantam Dell.

Check out the blog for all the details!

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#102 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:22 PM

Hi guys!

Now that Rothfuss has been unleashed on the other side of the pond, here's your chance to win the UK edition of THE NAME OF THE WIND, courtesy of Gollancz.

Check out the blog for the details! B)

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#103 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:34 PM

Hi guys!

I have 3 copies of the US edition and 3 copies of the UK edition of J. V. Jones' A Sword from Red Ice for you to win, compliments of both Tor Books and Orbit.

Check the blog for the details! B)

Patrick

#104 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:58 AM

I've got a copy of MAD Magazine's 'MAD About Star Wars' collection to give away to one lucky person! B) Read the review Here and then enter! The competition runs until next Thursday, I'll let you know who won on Friday...
Good Luck!

#105 User is offline   cervantor 

• Lieutenant

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

EIGHT COPIES of Clive Barker's "Mister B. Gone" courtesy of both HarperCollins and HarperVoyager!!! Giveaway ends Tuesday, October 30, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. Sign Up HERE.

FIVE COPIES of Joe Hill's "20th Century Ghosts" courtesy of HarperCollins!!! North American Residents Only. Giveaway ends Tuesday, October 30, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. Sign Up HERE.

THREE COPIES of Michael Chabon's "Gentlemen of the Road" courtesy of Del Rey!!! North American Residents Only. Giveaway ends Wednesday, October 31, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. Sign Up HERE.

FIVE COPIES of Chelsea Cain's "HeartSick" courtesy of St. Martin's Press!!! North American Residents Only. Giveaway ends Wednesday, October 31 – 11:59AM PST. Sign Up HERE.

#106 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

Hi guys!

I have a copy of the limited edition of Scott Lynch's Red Seas under Red Skies up for grabs, compliments of Subterranean Press.

Check the blog for the details! :p

Patrick

#107 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:27 AM

Neth Space has a copy of The Metatemporal Detective by Michael Moorcock up for grabs. Details at the blog. Good luck.

#108 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

I've got three signed copies of Tom Lloyd's 'Twilight Herald' (sequel to 'The Stormcaller') to give to anyone who wants one. Fancy it? If you do then have a click Here to read the synopsis and find out what to do next. Competition runs until next Tuesday. Good luck!

#109 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:34 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks to the cool folks at Orbit, I have a complete set of K. J. Parker's The Engineer Trilogy up for grabs. This series is comprised of Devices and Desires, Evil for Evil, and The Escapement.

I'm almost done with Devices and Desires, so you can expect a review soon...

Check the blog for all the details! :)

Patrick

#110 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:53 AM

I've got two copies of Gary Gibson's 'Stealing Light' to give away to anyone who fancies a bit of space opera in their reading. Fancy a copy? Have a click Here for a synopsis and details of how to enter. Competition ends on Thursday.
Good luck!

#111 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:33 AM

Hi there,

I have an autographed copy of Jack Whyte's sequel to Knights of the Black and White (which is very good so far), Standard of Honor, for you guys to win, compliments of Penguin Books.

By the way, you can still register to the K. J. Parker and the Joel Shepherd contests.

Check the blog for all the details! :p

Patrick

#112 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:15 PM

Thanks to the kind folks at Tor Books (who are going all out for this giveaway!), I have two Advance Reading Copies of the newest Wild Cards novel, Inside Straight, up for grabs.

As if this wasn't enough, both ARCs will be signed by all nine authors, making these two prizes collector's items of great value! Each copy will hence bear the signature of George R. R. Martin, Daniel Abraham, Melinda M. Snodgrass, Carrie Vaughn, Michael Cassutt, Caroline Spector, John Jos. Miller, Ian Tregillis, and S. L. Farrell. Is that cool or what!?!;-)

Check the blog for all the details! :D

Patrick

P. S. GRRM sent me the 9-way Wild Cards interview yesterday, and it's going to be something! Stay tuned for that!:-)

#113 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

Twelve days of Christmas, twelve books being given away on the Blog. Here's the thing though, you won't know what you're getting unless you win!
Fancy a go? Go to my blog and follow the instructions... This one will be running for three weeks ;)

#114 User is offline   cervantor 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

Heh, I've been slacking :) Anyways, here's the latest batch:

THREE SETS of all THREE Joe Pitt novels by Charlie Huston including copies of "Already Dead", "No Dominion" and his new book "Half the Blood of Brooklyn" courtesy of Ballantine Books!!! North American Residents Only. Giveaway ends Thursday, January 3, 2008 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

ONE SET (US Version) of David Gemmell's Troy trilogy including copies of "Lord of the Silver Bow", "Shield of Thunder" and the new book "Fall of Kings"courtesy of Ballantine Books!!! North American Residents Only. Giveaway ends Thursday, January 3, 2008 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

THREE COPIES (US Version) of "Dragon Harper" by Anne McCaffrey + Todd McCaffrey courtesy of Del Rey!!! North American Residents Only. Giveaway ends Thursday, January 3, 2008 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

ONE SET (US Version) of Robin Hobb's Soldier Son trilogy including copies of "Shaman's Crossing", "Forest Mage" and "Renegade's Magic" courtesy of EOS Books!!! Giveaway ends Tuesday, January 8, 2008 – 11:59AM PST. Sign up HERE.

The last giveaway for the month will be for TWO SETS of Mike Resnic’s Starship books including “Mutiny”, “Pirate” and “Mercenary” courtesy of Pyr Books. That one will start on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 and will end Thursday, January 10, 2008 – 11:59AM PST. Also for North American residents only unfortunately...

That should do it :D Good luck to all entrants and Happy Holidays!!!

#115 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:08 AM

I've got the first three books of Glen Cook's 'Black Company' series all wrapped up nice in a rather cool omnibus edition if anyone fancies it. You do? Well, have a click over Here and see what to do next. Competition ends next Thursday (10th January)

Good luck!

#116 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

Hi there,

Thanks to Bill and the Subterranean Press crew, I have a copy of the limited edition of Naomi Novik's debut, His Majesty's Dragon up for grabs. It's the first giveaway of the year, and what a way to start 2008! :D

Check the blog for all the details!

Cheers,

Patrick

#117 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I have five copies of both Hobb's Renegade's Magic and GRRM, Dozois and Abraham's Hunter's Run up for grabs, compliments of Eos.

Check the blog for all the details! :D

Have a great weekend!

Patrick

#118 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

I’ve got one UK and one American edition of Charlie Huston’s ‘Half the Blood of Brooklyn’ to give away on the blog. One these editions will come with a bonus prize of Huston’s ‘The Shotgun Rule’. Fancy it? Head on over Here to find out what to do next. I’ll be announcing the winners on Friday (25th January) so entries need to be in by the Thursday.

Good luck!

#119 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:45 AM

Check out the blog for the two latest giveaways: Gail Z. Martin's The Blood King and Realms: The First Year of Clarkesworld Magazine.

Cheers,

Patrick

#120 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

Hi guys!

Thanks to Subterranean Press, I have an Advance Reading Copy of the limited edition of Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash up for grabs.

As if that wasn't enough, I have a bunch of other contests on the way in the coming weeks, so be sure to keep an eye out for them! :)

Check the blog for all the details! :)

Cheers,

Patrick

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users