• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Competition thread

#41 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:50 AM

Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you! -_-

Thanks to Bantam Dell, I have an advance reading copy of Scott Lynch's Red Seas under Red Skies up for grabs! :D Couldn't quite believe it when they offered to supply an ARC for a giveaway. Who's your daddy now!?! :p

Check the blog for the details!

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#42 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:44 AM

awww... We love you too
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#43 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:28 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks to the kind folks at Solaris Books, I have an autographed copy of Gail Z. Martin's fantasy debut, The Summoner, up for grabs on the blog. :p

I've also included a link to a recent interview I did with the author... Hard to believe that The Summoner outsold Scott Lynch's The Lies of Locke Lamora by such a wide margin when both were released in paperback in the UK.

Best of luck to everyone! ;)

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#44 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:43 AM

Hi guys!

Thanks to the nice folks at Tor Books, I have two copies of Jay Lake's Mainspring up for grabs on the blog! ;)

You know the drill!

Patrick

#45 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

Hey there!

I have a copy of Peter F. Hamilton's latest novel, The Dreaming Void, for you guys to win on the blog, compliments of Pan MacMillan.

Check the blog for all the details! ;)

Patrick

#46 User is offline   cervantor 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

Well, it's been a long time in the making, but I finally have my first giveaway up on the website for one set of Neal Asher's books including “Gridlinked”, “The Skinner”, “The Line of Polity”, “Cowl”, “Brass Man”, “The Voyage of Sable Keech”, “Polity Agent” and the author’s newest release “Hilldiggers”. You can read the rules and sign up HERE. Giveaway ends on Tuesday, July 31, 2007.

I'm working on a bunch of other giveaways and I figured instead of starting a new thread for each one, I'll just mention it here, so I hope there aren't any problems with this. Thanks to anyone who enters and best of luck ;)

#47 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

I've got ten signed copies of Sean Williams' 'Saturn Returns' to give away on my blog. I'm not a big fan of 'Hard Sci-Fi' but once you get past this it's a fast paced space opera type affair that's well worth a look.
Fancy a read? Go Here and then drop me an email, couldn't be simpler ;)

Good luck guys :p

#48 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

Hi guys!

Thanks to Tor Books, I have two copies of Tobias S. Buckell's Ragamuffin, the sequel to Crystal Rain.

Check the blog for the details! ;)

Patrick

#49 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:53 AM

Hi guys!

Thanks to the great folks at Doubleday, I have three copies, autographed and numbered, of John Twelve Hawks' The Dark River up for grabs!

You know the drill! Check the blog for all the details! ;)

Patrick

#50 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:27 PM

Since we're getting an increasing number of competition's being posted in the forum (and no longer just from Pat), I'm creating this thread for you to put them all in.

To keep it uncluttered, only post something here if it's a competition, comment on the competitions or the books given away elsewhere.

#51 User is offline   cervantor 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

Three copies of Scott Lynch's "Red Seas Under Red Skies" are now up for grab. You can read the rules and Sign Up HERE. Giveaway ends Wednesday, August 1, 2007 – 11:59AM PST.

Thanks to anyone who enters and Good Luck!!!

#52 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

Hi guys,

I have three copies of Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn: The Well of Ascension up for grabs, compliments of Tor Books.

Check the blog for the details!;)

Patrick

#53 User is offline   cervantor 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:13 PM

ONE copy of Warren Ellis’ debut novel “Crooked Little Vein” is now up for grab. You can read the rules and sign up HERE. Giveaway ends Friday, July 20, 2007 – 11:59AM PST.

And FIVE copies of Mike Carey’s The Devil You Know” is available HERE. Giveaway ends Tuesday, July 31, 2007 – 11:59AM PST and unfortunately is only available to North American residents.

More to come! Thanks to anyone who enters and much love & respect.

#54 User is offline   Deornoth 

• High Fist

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

Thanks to those lovely folks at Orbit Books, I have ten signed copies of Fiona McIntosh's 'Odalisque' to give away ;) Click Here for my review and a chance to win a book! :D

#55 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

Hi guys!

This is the last giveaway of the month, I swear! ;) Honestly, I'm thinking of reducing the number of contests I do on the blog, especially since others have now taken up the torch. :D If you have any thoughts pertaining to this, feel free to let me know. Personally, I think that 5 or 6 like this month is a bit much. . .

Anyway, I have a copy of the recently published Hilldiggers by Neal Asher, compliments of Pan MacMillan.

Check the blog for all the details!

Cheers,

Patrick

#56 User is offline   cervantor 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

Well, I have a few more giveaways for everyone:

THREE sets of the first three volumes in The Books of the Cataclysm series by Sean Williams, including “The Crooked Letter”, “The Blood Debt” & “The Hanging Mountains”. Sign up HERE. Giveaway ends Tuesday, July 31, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. USA Residents Only (Sorry!!!)

FIVE copies of Nicholas Christopher's "The Bestiary" (one of my favorite books of the year!) available HERE. Giveaway ends Tuesday, July 31, 2007 – 11:59AM PST. North American Residents only for this one.

And THREE SIGNED copies of Austin Grossman’sSoon I Will Be Invincible” is available HERE. Giveaway ends Wednesday, July 25, 2007 – 11:59AM PST and this is also just for USA Residents ;)

Finally, tomorrow in conjunction with Pyr, I'm starting a giveaway for TWENTY uncorrected advance reading copies of the U.S. version of Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself". That giveaway will end Friday, July 27 and is also USA Residents Only.

Thanks to everyone who checks out the giveaways and much love & respect.

#57 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

Though I will be reducing the number of giveaways I do on the blog, I couldn't possibly say no to this one! :)

Thanks to Bill and everyone at Subterranean Press, I have a copy of the new Neil Gaiman limited edition for M IS FOR MAGIC up for grabs!

Check the blog for all the details! :)

Patrick

#58 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Hi there!

Like many readers, I consider Brian Ruckley's Winterbirth one of the best fantasy debuts of 2006. Had it not been for Hal Duncan and Scott Lynch, it would likely have been hailed as the debut of the year.

If you want to see what the buzz is all about, I have two autographed copies up for grabs, compliments of Orbit.

Check the blog for all the details! :)

Patrick

#59 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:30 AM

Hi guys!

Thanks to Tor Books, I have a couple of copies of the sequel to Abraham's A Shadow in Summer, this one titled A Betrayal in Winter, up for grabs.

Check the blog for more details! :)

P. S. I'm trying to put together an interview with George R.R. Martin, Gardner Dozois, and Daniel Abraham to help promote the forthcoming novel they worked on, Hunter's Run. Stay tuned for that!

Patrick

#60 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

Hi guys!

I have a copy of the last chapter in the Dune saga, Sandworms of Dune, up for grabs, courtesy of Tor Books.

Check the blog for the details! ;)

Patrick

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users