• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reaper's Gale Prologue

#281 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:55 PM

Karsa doesn't have an Otataral sword. He has Otataral blood. Though there's hints now that he's gone beyond that to being a warren himself. Plus a swordless not-as-powerful-as-he-is-now Karsa knocked out Icarium.
That said, Rake would probably win. But not that easily.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#282 User is offline   The .303 bookworm 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:50 PM

I know about the ottoral blood, it's less effective than a sword (Was my point)

#283 User is offline   Murrin 

• First Sword

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:55 PM

What about the enormous, unbreakable, Tellan-invested, twin-souled sword?

#284 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

What would happen if Rake did kill Karsa? Would all the souls he's dragging around be taken into Dragnipur too?

#285 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:07 PM

Are those chains as strong than Dragnipur's chains? Because if they are, Karsa might break them free, and possibly his own chain inside. Unless he's already done so - I don't think the chained souls were mentioned in TBH, and surely Samar Dev would have noticed.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#286 User is offline   Izingad 

• Recruit

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:02 PM

A stellar question about the the transfer of souls. Perhaps SE is headed that way. Picture, Karsa killing Rhulad and then, he himself, being imprisoned within Dragnipur.

You heard it here first...a book ten spoiler.

#287 User is offline   The Rope 

• Fist

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:32 AM

i'd forgotten about karsa's chained souls... if he killed rhulad... arguably, rhulad could not be ressurrected again as his soul would be trapped with karsa... and i don't think dragnipur could hold karsa.. and knowin him, he'd probably stop the wagon to turn and fight the abyss chasing the wagon...

#288 User is offline   henk 

• Corporal

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:05 AM

why would draginupur be able to hold dragons but not rhulad or karsa bit stupid theorie

#289 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:17 AM

Because Karsa's Karsa, not some puny demon or dragon or whatever.
>_>
Bit unfair to dismiss something as a stupid theory because you've decided to ignore the part where he's dragging a bunch of souls around, which is a completely unknown factor.

#290 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:41 AM

henk;124963 said:

why would draginupur be able to hold dragons but not rhulad or karsa bit stupid theorie

This man does make a good point.

Dragnipur does Hold the soul of a Elder God yet you believe it wont hold Karsa?
Rhulad may be a different case however. That is a very interesting piece one could speculate on..

#291 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

It had trouble holding Hounds of Shadow, and Karsa killed the Deragoth.

#292 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:45 AM

polishgenius;124996 said:

It had trouble holding Hounds of Shadow, and Karsa killed the Deragoth.

No it didnt have trouble holding them.. They were just causing a nuisence when they first arrived. Then Paran freed them. If he didnt they would have eventually learned to calm down.

Seriously if it has trouble holding Hounds of Shadow im sure the Draconus would have figured a way out by now.

#293 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:54 AM

They nearly pulled the cart over. Draconus doesn't do that because he knows that wouldn't be a good idea. Karsa doesn't give a flying ****, he doesn't stay in chains.
Plus, I'm fairly sure it's been hinted he's a warren, or becoming one, somewhere, and that would surely make a difference as well as his general stubbornness and the souls he carts around.

#294 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:14 PM

k, so i know how it all ends. send $10,000 in small denomination canadian dollars ...

#295 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:23 PM

$20s and $50s ok, or did you want $5s and $10s?

Also, what is your hat size, for no particular reason that involves grapefruit spoons and consumption of brainz?

- Abyss, what?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#296 User is offline   henk 

• Corporal

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:07 PM

se has in my opion made karsa WAY overpowered i want him dead and no not with honour i want him to be shot in the back by a goblin wait there nog goblins around in wu hmm starved to death died because he got aids from raping people something like that
i think draginpur can hold about everywhone execpt maybe the crippled god or something like that

#297 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:14 PM

henk;125121 said:

SE has, in my opion, made Karsa WAY overpowered. I want him dead, and no, not with honour. I want him to be shot in the back by a goblin. Wait, there no goblins around in Wu. Hmm. Starved to death, died because he got aids from raping people. Something like that.
I think Dragnipur can hold about everyone except maybe the Crippled God or something like that.

Karsa's not that powerful compared to some of the other players in the game. He's got unusual circumstances, and he may grow into that power, but so far, he's a maybe a super-middle/light-heavyweight. Except for in actual weight, of course. I've never said that he could bust out of Dragnipur, just that he might be able to.
Harsh ways to die. Sounds like something Martin would do.

#298 User is offline   Dark Mac 

• Emperor

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

polishgenius;124999 said:

They nearly pulled the cart over. Draconus doesn't do that because he knows that wouldn't be a good idea. Karsa doesn't give a flying ****, he doesn't stay in chains.

Heh, and then Draconus said that they still would've had to pull the wagon, even on its side. Karsa might've proved a nuisance, but he wouldn't have been able to do anything to actually escape.

#299 User is offline   Izingad 

• Recruit

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:49 PM

Interesting topic apparently. Its funny about Karsa, eh? Love him or hate him he gets a reaction....good job SE.

Maybe the next question we should be asking is who, out of the entire saga has the ability to escape Dragnipur? Ganoes Paran is at the top however he was not actually touched by the sword (pg476&478 paperback edition).

We don't know if a god can or can not get out...perhaps Draconus can but chose not to as the wagon mustn't stop its motion-as the creator of the Warren within the Sword he must have know this at its conception.

And we DO know that it IS possible to get out. If the Hounds could do it...with a bit of luck...anyone could.

It does seem like the Cripple in the Tent does have a magnet for Rhulad's soul. He might have a get out of jail free card.

*poof* you're on my sandy island.

We DO know that it can slay gods....but it isn't the pulling they fear it is the Queen of Darkness (pg480).

Dragnipur at a second glance isn't the prison it was originally intended to be.

#300 User is offline   The Rope 

• Fist

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:10 AM

i dont have the bok handy... remind me how ganoes broke the hounds' chains? was it with his sword? or lorn's?
has anyone considered why the wagon MUST stay ahead of the darkness? is it perhaps that the hole the hounds escaped through is like a tear/portal out of the sword, and when the abss reacches that tear, the tear would expand into the world outside and everywarren/realm/whatever? only those who have spent anytime pulling with draconus would learn of that, and so realize pulling the cart was the only way to truly escape as once the abyss reached the wagon, there would be no way to escape? (abyss = darkness, i cant actually remember if the darkness was actually the abyss, so forgive me if i'm wrong)

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

19 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users