• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reaper's Gale Prologue

#121 User is offline   vaiski 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

It's b.

'Will Scandabari seek to free her?' Menandore asked.
'Scandabari is in no condition to free anyone,' Osserc replied, 'including himself.'
The two women were clearly startled by this.

And yes, that can be argued.
What perhaps speaks against it is Osserc's comment about delaying Rake long enough from something (ie. from attacking Scandabari?) but then again Osserc remarks that Rake was quite angry when they met.. and he was quite calm and collected when speaking to Kilmandaros.

To sum it up: :confused:

#122 User is offline   Ivan the terrible 

• High Fist

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:36 PM

Just saw this here...Holy ****! , sounds like a hell of book

#123 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

I thought I might as well try and get a resolution so I put the Rake v Osserc fight confusion down as a question to ask SE: http://www.malazanempire.com/forums/showth...9725#post109725

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#124 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

vaiski;109738 said:

It's b.

'Will Scandabari seek to free her?' Menandore asked.
'Scandabari is in no condition to free anyone,' Osserc replied, 'including himself.'
The two women were clearly startled by this.

And yes, that can be argued.
What perhaps speaks against it is Osserc's comment about delaying Rake long enough from something (ie. from attacking Scandabari?) but then again Osserc remarks that Rake was quite angry when they met.. and he was quite calm and collected when speaking to Kilmandaros.

To sum it up: :confused:

What he said...I've been saying that for a while now. Apologizes for never getting the quote out though. It's the comment of "Delaying" rake is the reason I brought this debate up, otherwise there really is no reason why Rake and Osserc shouldn't fight;).

I even acknowledge that there might have been a secondary battle...but for what cause?
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#125 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:20 AM

Jen said:

I even acknowledge that there might have been a secondary battle...but for what cause?

Well didnt Menandore or Seltatha.. Whoever those two chicks were.
One of them Im sure said something like them battling from time to time and they do it cause they're bored half the time.

#126 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:27 AM

I seem to recall it might have been a passing comment.

I know for certain most of the conversation went something like this

"why dont they kill eachother?"
"i unno"
"because they would the game continue"
"why?"

perhaps ur boredom comment comes after that? lol
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#127 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:33 AM

I think I interpreted my boredom statement as comming out of the 'game' mention I would say..

Its just something else that they do in their near immortal lives.
Neither wants to kill the other because neither wants to die. Neither really seems to hold a real grudge or hate for the other. So they have no real reasan for a killing the other.

Oh and Does Rake have Dragnipur at this stage ?
Or has he killed Draconus yet ?

#128 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:43 AM

He can't have it at this stage. Draconus didn't finish the sword until after the MoI prologue.

#129 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:47 AM

So has the CG fallen yet at this time in the story.. That is the imprisonment of Scabby, Silchas and destruction of KCCM.. >?

#130 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:04 AM

The CG fell about 120,000 before the main storyline, the next earliest date is 300,000, from MOI for the Imass hunting Jaghut (I can't even remember if that was Pre-Ritual!), this is somewhere around 400,000 years ago. That figure is based on clues in the MT prologue about the Jaghut not oppressing the Imass, who aren't very advanced at that point, plus extra stuff that's in a TBH forum thread somewhere. So, this is somewhere between 280,000 and 180,000 years before the CG fell.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#131 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:29 AM

Jen said:

I seem to recall it might have been a passing comment.

I know for certain most of the conversation went something like this

"why dont they kill eachother?"
"i unno"
"because they would the game continue"
"why?"

perhaps ur boredom comment comes after that? lol

My impression was that Rake and Osserc fought in the way that Dujek and Brood did. With honor and admiration (perhaps). I thought of it as mutual respect, they understood each other but still would not yield... They would fight until defeat, not death. Friends are hardly the right word but comrades might work

And Dragnipur is made some time before the bringing down of the CG, since Draconus mentions the sword after kallors curse of the EG. I think it is K'rul that says that Draconus because of the curse then has to refashion the sword (I'm guessing we're talking loopholes made into it)... so I guess the sword is both older and younger then the CG fall.

#132 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:57 AM

Draconus mentioned the sword, but added that he was not yet finished with it.. So no, dragnipur was not completed until some time after the fall of the CG.

As far as I remember he never said he was finished, he said he was working on it, which is quite a fundamental difference..
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#133 User is offline   Cedeos 

• Sergeant

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:49 AM

Illuyankas;109787 said:

the next earliest date is 300,000, from MOI for the Imass hunting Jaghut (I can't even remember if that was Pre-Ritual!)

It is pre-ritual, as the Imass are just gathering for the ritual at this time.

#134 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:56 AM

Illuyankas;109787 said:

The CG fell about 120,000 before the main storyline, the next earliest date is 300,000, from MOI for the Imass hunting Jaghut (I can't even remember if that was Pre-Ritual!), this is somewhere around 400,000 years ago. That figure is based on clues in the MT prologue about the Jaghut not oppressing the Imass, who aren't very advanced at that point, plus extra stuff that's in a TBH forum thread somewhere. So, this is somewhere between 280,000 and 180,000 years before the CG fell.

The CG actually fell 198 000 years before burns sleep. ANd even then it was 5 years after the fall. Not to be pedantic but thats like a 70000 year gap.

#135 User is offline   Murrin 

• First Sword

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:39 AM

Onos;109717 said:

What do Azath's do? Well to my understanding they clean up things of power that are causing a mess of things. What place is more messed up than KE? None to my knowledge. So i would assume having an Azath there would be a good thing to at least try to start the healing process. So IMO using the Scabby Finnest to start a house wouldnt be too crazy.

Interesting. Where did we last see Gothos in the main timeline? In Tremolor. Where was Tremolor? It was holding a comparably big fragment of Kurald Emurlahn to Raraku. The fragment may have been claimed and transformed since, but the connection is there. A very loose connection, to be sure, but still a connection.
Icarium attacked an Azath, but we do not know that his father was within the Azath he killed; he may simply have sought access through the first Azath he came across.

#136 User is offline   Rat Mentor 

• Captain

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:49 AM

I wonder could the Finnest used to imprison Bloodeye's soul not of been a human Heart????

Could the (in theory) heart then of been placed inside say... Kettle???

After all didn't Kallor or Hetan say how "cool" it was when they discovered who or what the soul in Kettle is....

From their statement it would seem that the pre disposed theory of a FA soul may be incorrect...

#137 User is offline   Whelp 

• Fist

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:13 PM

Rat Mentor;109878 said:

I wonder could the Finnest used to imprison Bloodeye's soul not of been a human Heart????

Could the (in theory) heart then of been placed inside say... Kettle???

After all didn't Kallor or Hetan say how "cool" it was when they discovered who or what the soul in Kettle is....

From their statement it would seem that the pre disposed theory of a FA soul may be incorrect...

If I remember correctly, Silchas identifies the soul within Kettle as FA - and I think he would know Scabandarai.
Plus, humans as such did not exist at that time, only a few Imass.

@Kallor:
Great :)

#138 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:17 PM

tiam;109845 said:

The CG actually fell 198 000 years before burns sleep. ANd even then it was 5 years after the fall. Not to be pedantic but thats like a 70000 year gap.

He fell 119,739 BBS- Reference MoI Prologue Part 2 - 119,736 BBS(3 year's after the Fall of the Crippled God)

*Yes the dates are correct. its not 119,733. Think and you will understand, for those that are confused only:p

#139 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

Terrible child - probably the otataral dragon from HoC, given we've seen links between Starvald D' and otataral. Note that Scabby seemed to be locked in his draconic form with no access to either of KE or SD to defend himself. makes me wonder whether he was severely weakened before Kili and Mael started punching his bones into pieces.

Scabby's soul - while i do like the notion of Iccy being somehow linked to Scabby's soul, it seems unlikely. The notion that his soul was used for the basis of an Azath house that Gothos took refuge in, and that Iccy subsequently destroyed is also intriguing.

If we're to accept the notion that Scabby is in 'agony', there must be some unpleasant aspect to it.

Timeline - is not important.

- Abyss, denies all math.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#140 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:06 PM

What I was getting at with the Timeline thing..
(Yeh I can be vague at times ..sorry)

Is whether or not if when Rake and Kily went into that warren to do 'housecleaning(?)' If Rake had Dragnipur at that stage. It seems he dosent.
So anything he came across was taken down by Vengence/grief in his hands.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users