Malazan Empire: Most Boring Sport - Malazan Empire

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Most Boring Sport

Poll: Most Boring Sport (263 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Bowling (28 votes [10.57%])

Percentage of vote: 10.57%

2. Golf (59 votes [22.26%])

Percentage of vote: 22.26%

3. Billiards (21 votes [7.92%])

Percentage of vote: 7.92%

4. Tennis (14 votes [5.28%])

Percentage of vote: 5.28%

5. Volleyball (6 votes [2.26%])

Percentage of vote: 2.26%

6. Baseball (36 votes [13.58%])

Percentage of vote: 13.58%

7. Basketball (7 votes [2.64%])

Percentage of vote: 2.64%

8. Rugby (7 votes [2.64%])

Percentage of vote: 2.64%

9. Cricket (46 votes [17.36%])

Percentage of vote: 17.36%

10. Car Racing (41 votes [15.47%])

Percentage of vote: 15.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:17 AM

you enjoy statistics Shin?
gods, clearly you've never had it on your course with prof. Wierzbiński, lol
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#42 User is offline   cauthon 

• Geek in progress
  • Interests:photography, fantasy

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:18 AM

Curling, anybody?

#43 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:22 PM

I like curling.

Playing it can be hazardous...especially when cheap wine is involved. SWEEP!!! HURRRYYYYYY! HAAAAAARDDDDDDDDDDD!!!"

#44 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

I like sports statistics. Other than that.... in general I hate math period!
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#45 Guest_Sonnyboy_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:43 AM

You know, I once tried watching women's curling, thinking that it might be sexy to hear women screaming HAAAAARRRRRRD!!!! HURRY HAAAARRRRRD!!!!

It's not. Curling ladies are not pretty.

#46 User is offline   rlfcl 

• High Fist

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:14 AM

car racing is definitley the most boring to watch, while golf is the most boring to play (also a close second to car racing in the watching category)

#47 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:46 PM

Most people find playing golf addictive (unless you're the type easily frustrated). I've never heard of anyone who found it "boring" to play.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#48 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:06 PM

[quote=Shinrei no Shintai]Most people find playing golf addictive (unless you're the type easily frustrated)./quote]

I'm the frustrated type. I don't have the patience for the game and get irritated quickly.

#49 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:38 PM

RodeoRanch said:

... and get irritated quickly.

Yeah, regrowth in sensitive areas will do that to you. And I'm not talking about national parks. Although maybe RodeoRanch should be World Hairitage listed. :p

Cheers,

La Sombra, hyuks :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#50 User is offline   Dagger 

• Interloper

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

If this poll were taken in just the US, soccer (football) would be leading, with the rest of the board sending flames about NASCAR versus baseball versus golf... Thank god we're a little more international here.

I used to hate watching golf. Then I watched one of the big tournaments where Tiger Woods was coming from behind, and the guys in the lead just collapsed into nervous wrecks because they knew he was coming on strong, they could hear the roar from the galleries behind them, and they just started screwing up because all they could think of was Tiger. It isn't that the guy is so perfect when he's hot, it's that he screws with other player's heads when he's on fire.
"I can see my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle." - Mal Reynolds

#51 User is offline   rlfcl 

• High Fist

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:37 AM

Shinrei no Shintai said:

Most people find playing golf addictive (unless you're the type easily frustrated). I've never heard of anyone who found it "boring" to play.

i get frustrated because the golf swing feels all awkward and wrong to me, so i don't have fun playing it at all.

#52 Guest_Sonnyboy_*

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:28 AM

I don't find golf addictive. I've been forced to golf many times and I just find the experience frustrating. Not even so much because I have not developed the skill to play well, but more because once you get to the third tee, when any novelty has worn off and you'd rather just go play GTA, it's a really really long walk in and you're generally stuck hanging out with people you don't like playing a game you like even less. That's why I'm usually smashed drunk by the time I'm done nine. It's all I can do. I've never managed a back nine, partly due to alcoholic excess and partly due to running away as soon as I'm in sight of the clubhouse.

#53 User is offline   sarlinspellweaver 

• Captain

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:20 PM

How anyone can call Cricket boring is beyond me - it's the best sport on the planet. How come football/soccer isn't on your list? A bunch of gorillas running around booting a modern-day inflated bladder into the back of a net. Wow.

And baseball? Baseball?! Don't make me laugh. Just like the Americans to invent a game where the whole team gives up after three members slip up :p

#54 User is offline   rlfcl 

• High Fist

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

sarlinspellweaver said:

How anyone can call Cricket boring is beyond me - it's the best sport on the planet. How come football/soccer isn't on your list? A bunch of gorillas running around booting a modern-day inflated bladder into the back of a net. Wow.

And baseball? Baseball?! Don't make me laugh. Just like the Americans to invent a game where the whole team gives up after three members slip up :p

"gorillas" in soccer? what league are you watching? soccer players can't be gigantic or else they can't compete

#55 User is offline   sarlinspellweaver 

• Captain

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

Well they're bigger than me...

Wayne Rooney springs to mind as the eternal example of why I find football laughable (although I've been cultivating the sentiment ever since primary school, and endless memories of being thrown in the mud...).

#56 Guest_Danyah_*

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:07 PM

Cricket sucks ass IMHO, I just don't go and say it out loud amogst Indians or Pakistanese. And football doesn't interest me too much.

Is paintballing a sport?

#57 Guest_Danyah_*

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

Dagger said:

If this poll were taken in just the US, soccer (football) would be leading, with the rest of the board sending flames about NASCAR versus baseball versus golf... Thank god we're a little more international here.

Thought Americans mad about basketball, NBA and stuff?

#58 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:09 AM

Sonnyboy;71518 said:

It's not. Curling ladies are not pretty.

Somebody obviously hasn't watched the juniors competitions, all between 18-25, and quite a few lookers.

When it comes to watching I say all sports are utterly boring, the only time they're not is if you're drunk with friends. Watching sports is just bad.

Playing, now there's a different story.
Boring:
-Bowling
-Golf
-Baseball and Cricket

Fun:
-Billiards
-Volleyball
-Basketball
-Rugby
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#59 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:17 AM

I enjoy playing golf and like to go to baseball games. But car racing is bloody boring. Especially Nascar shit. Wow is that ever boring Right turn all day. I do enjoy watching F1 once in a while. But not with any regularity. I don't know how boring Cricket is to watch or play, having never done either. I enjoy all of the other sports either to play or to watch...
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#60 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:48 PM

I mostly like playing all of the sports.

I find watching tiresome at times, but I still watch F1, football and Cricket occasionally. Cricket, only when watching England.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users