• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

*Spoilers* - Crazy Theories II

#61 User is offline   vaiski 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:52 AM

So how about the Elder Warrens.. Ampelas' aspect is Emurlahn.. but who is/was the second?
And are there pureblood(s) aspected to KG as well?

'This leaves naught but Osserc,' Mappo said. 'And should he fall, the warren of Serc shall possess no ruler.'

I don't really see Rake tolerating anyone other than himself 'ruling' the KG.. well, Mother Dark perhaps.
So maybe KG and SD do not have dragons aspected them in a similar way than the other warrens have.. twin chambers and all that?
That would still leave Kurald Thyrllan.. and possibly Kurald Liosan (whats up with that anyways?) .. any thoughts?

#62 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:38 AM

I'm guessing Osserc at least holds KL as well, and I think maybe Rake and Ruin have KG - they seem to be the really hard dragons for that side, but others we'll have to wait to find out. And I think Scabby was the other KE person. I want the next book now!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#63 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:18 AM

vaiski said:

So how about the Elder Warrens.. Ampelas' aspect is Emurlahn.. but who is/was the second?
And are there pureblood(s) aspected to KG as well?

'This leaves naught but Osserc,' Mappo said. 'And should he fall, the warren of Serc shall possess no ruler.'

I don't really see Rake tolerating anyone other than himself 'ruling' the KG.. well, Mother Dark perhaps.
So maybe KG and SD do not have dragons aspected them in a similar way than the other warrens have.. twin chambers and all that?
That would still leave Kurald Thyrllan.. and possibly Kurald Liosan (whats up with that anyways?) .. any thoughts?

I think KG has rake and ruin and not a pure blood. But i thin k SD has the otateral dragon. it is obvios that otataral is of SD. we know this from the prologue when spite opens SD and 'a force known to thee world as otateral comes out'.

#64 User is offline   Midnight 

• Captain

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

i still think that Tiam might be aspected to KG.

#65 Guest_potsherds_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:06 PM

Hetan said:

On a side track here.. Cotillion and Lostara Yil.
Does anyone else get the impression now that it wasn't QB who watched Lostara dance that night...in the temple of Rashan - Bidithal's temple. That it was in fact Dancer, using QB's name as an alias?
I remember the discussion about that - that it seemed out of character for QB to be working with Dancer in that manner - and from the confrontation QB had in GotM - when Shadowthrone hadn't seemed to know QB was still around.
So perhaps that's why Cotillion didn't tell Lostara that the acorn she found in HoC belonged to QB... and why he saved her at Y'ghatan? He's got the hots for her? :(

Found this in another thread, after a frenzied run through all the pages of the seond half of TBH looking for Cotillion/Lostara interaction. I just read the part where he mentions that him saving her from the fire was a repayment for her dance...
Not sure how much clearer he can be.

I agree 100% with Hetan, but since no one seems to have agreed with it, it goes in Crazy Theories.
And now I have to wait, what? another two books to get any more of this plotline resolved!!! :)

#66 User is offline   PannionDude 

• Lieutenant

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:47 AM

"I think KG has rake and ruin and not a pure blood. But i thin k SD has the otateral dragon. it is obvios that otataral is of SD. we know this from the prologue when spite opens SD and 'a force known to thee world as otateral comes out'."

I believe that the SD combines with everything else to create the Onataral, this jiving with the Onataral is the result of incredible concentrations of magic.

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:48 AM

tiam said:

"I think KG has rake and ruin and not a pure blood. But i thin k SD has the otateral dragon. it is obvios that otataral is of SD. we know this from the prologue when spite opens SD and 'a force known to thee world as otateral comes out'."

PannionDude said:

I believe that the SD combines with everything else to create the Onataral, this jiving with the Onataral is the result of incredible concentrations of magic.

I'm going to agree with half of these two suggestions :(
With regards to SD having the otataral dragon, I'm pretty sure she is Tiam and therefore aspected of ALL warrens - otataral or chaos. I think she's unique and her blood is the flavours of all the warrens, SD being the home to those flavours.
I also think it was the addition of a drop of chaos to the mix which creates the otataral.

#68 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:38 PM

It's the 'Tiam is dead' part that puts me off thinking the OD is Tiam, as the OD is in the same state as Kalse and the others.

My theory on the OD (copied from elsewhere on the forum)

The otataral dragon, before she became aspected to otataral, drank from Sorrit's blood to hunt down Scabby. So when they 'loosed the blood in their veins' or whatever the quote was, they REALLY did so. And presumably Sorrit was sacrificed to do that.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:04 PM

Firstly.. Tiam is not dead as we understand it.. the phrase was.. *may never rise again* iirc? That's a pretty open-ended thing..

The problem I have with the Sorrit theory is that she was killed within KE .. so it doesn't work for me. It also doesn't work that Sorrit would have been sacrificed to do that, because it's known that leaves a warren pretty defenceless.
Nope.. I still think Sorrit was killed by Scabs...and whatever reason that is has yet to be revealed... :(

#70 User is offline   SQUAREROOT 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

I remember it being said somewhere that Scabby framed Andarist but we don't know how. Perhaps Scabby killed Sorrit which ripped open KG and then he ran and told mommy that it was all Andarist's fault.

#71 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:19 PM

Scabby was responsible for Andarist's unexplained "grief", a fact no-one else seems to have known of (at least at the time of MT prologue).

I don't Andarist was framed, or guilty of any crime, rather something terrible happened which broke him and led to the renouncing of his draconean powers.

Never seen this proposed before - maybe Sorrit was Andarist's love (similar to Rake + Silannah), and her demise is the source of the grief. It's assumed that Scabby killed Sorrit around here (Edur wood in spear, the post-Scabby Edur race doesn't seem up to murdering dragons), and maybe nobody knew who killed Sorrit, or even that she was dead (Icarium was certainly shocked, but then again he's Icarium).

And he renounced his draconean blood because his soletaken form reminded him of his true love...

#72 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:15 PM

Dolorous Menhir said:

...Never seen this proposed before - maybe Sorrit was Andarist's love (similar to Rake + Silannah), and her demise is the source of the grief. ...he renounced his draconean blood because his soletaken form reminded him of his true love...

THAT.

Is a GREAT.

Crazy theory.

- Abyss, must give props.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#73 User is offline   Dark Mac 

• Emperor

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:19 PM

Dolorous Menhir said:

Scabby was responsible for Andarist's unexplained "grief", a fact no-one else seems to have known of (at least at the time of MT prologue).

I don't Andarist was framed, or guilty of any crime, rather something terrible happened which broke him and led to the renouncing of his draconean powers.

IIRC, Andarist wasn't framed. Scabby actually made him think that it was his own fault, and it was partly Andarist's guilt that drove him away, wasn't it?

#74 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:37 PM

That's what I meant to say, there should be a "think" between "don't" and "Andarist" there, I've got a bad habit of rewriting parts of sentences and forgetting to join up the new and old parts.

#75 User is offline   Agraba 

• Emperor

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:00 AM

The Crippled God is the christian god pulled from our realm.

#76 User is offline   Mane of Chaos 

• Sergeant

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:21 AM

I've read almost the whole thread. Lots of crazy theories, some of which I could agree with. But I definitely can't agree with the idea that the Crippled God is our God. Christianity's God is a merciful, benevolent being, who teaches people to love, to share, to forgive, to live without evil thoughts and deeds. He sacrificed his own Son for humanity. I can't believe that the the CG is at all similar to Christianity's God.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:39 AM

@ Master of the Deck

Just remember this is the crazy theory thread .... no-one has to defend or justify a post in here.

#78 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:41 AM

My crazy theory...Karsa will become another Icarium complete with warren of chains from ottataral and CG influence. should he defeat rhulad and pick up the CG's sword well...

...Doom, Death and Destruction as Iccy and Karsa battle to the bitter end, and back again.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#79 User is offline   Dinivan 

• Captain

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:29 AM

Master of the Deck said:

I've read almost the whole thread. Lots of crazy theories, some of which I could agree with. But I definitely can't agree with the idea that the Crippled God is our God. Christianity's God is a merciful, benevolent being, who teaches people to love, to share, to forgive, to live without evil thoughts and deeds. He sacrificed his own Son for humanity. I can't believe that the the CG is at all similar to Christianity's God.

hmm i don't think the "CG is similar to christian god theory" is very ridiculous. At least the afterlife concept seems to fit the bible. And then, looking at the old parts of the bible, people who dicked around with God didn't have long to laugh (babylon, sodom, gomorrha, egyptians). Might be not matching my personal belief/ image of a god, but i can accept the notion of the CG being a crazed version of the Christian/hebrew god.

#80 User is offline   Mane of Chaos 

• Sergeant

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:26 AM

I think I got a little carried away. I will try to remember that this is after all a thread for crazy ideas.:(

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users