Malazan Empire: *Spoilers* - Crazy Theories II - Malazan Empire

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

*Spoilers* - Crazy Theories II

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:34 AM

The Seguleh 2nd is looking for Skinner because he wants to become the Seguleh 1st... :)

#2 User is offline   Set'alahd Crool 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:18 PM

I thought he was after Skinner because Hood wanted him.

What about the Seguleh, though? Biding their time and all that. Imagine, the Seguleh march north and the teblor march south......

And Rake in the middle.

#3 Guest_Garm_*

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:05 PM

Set said:

I thought he was after Skinner because Hood wanted him.

What about the Seguleh, though? Biding their time and all that. Imagine, the Seguleh march north and the teblor march south......

And Rake in the middle.

The Second has nothing to do with Baudin, does he? *blink*

Garm,
in a shameless copy of Abyss and still waiting for the book to arrive.

#4 User is offline   Arkmam 

• Titanium Nipple
  • Interests:Reading, playing board games, taking walks

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:27 PM

Do you really want us to answer that? Because... we could :)
"If you got dragnipur'd, chaos would move closer."
- Ancient Malazan insult

#5 Guest_Garm_*

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:36 PM

Arkmam said:

Do you really want us to answer that? Because... we could :)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell... YES! :)

#6 User is offline   Arkmam 

• Titanium Nipple

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:52 PM

Ok. Then I will answer. The Ultimate Answer of Life, the Universe and Everything.

*Insert wicked drum solo here*

Yes, actually, they have something to do with each other. But they are not the same person. :). More info below, if you really want to know :)

Spoiler

- Ancient Malazan insult

#7 Guest_Garm_*

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the info, now I'm curious where Soldier and Knight of the Houses differ. Somewhere along the lines of sergeant and officer/champion of the faithful?

#8 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:45 PM

Also a question: Is the blacksmith in the prologue kalams father or some relation to him??

#9 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

Spoiler

Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#10 User is offline   Arkmam 

• Titanium Nipple

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:56 PM

Lord Gordonis said:

Also a question: Is the blacksmith in the prologue kalams father or some relation to him??

Read and find out.
Read the spoiler beneath I mean :)

Spoiler

- Ancient Malazan insult

#11 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:49 AM

The whole Soldier thing, I think
Spoiler

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:28 AM

really there is a spoiler tag in the title of the thread...enuf with blacking everything out...lord lol
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#13 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:05 AM

But they complain anyway! Oh well... "I hope this works..." :)

(spoiler removed for you slow readers who aren't on the last chapters)

The previous sentence contained a spoiler. You were advised not to read it, and to wash your eyes out before attempting such a task. I have now wasted some of your life. Ha ha ha ha.

Seriously though, how long has the 2nd been dead for? If Dassem killed him and Hood took him into his service, how long has the mask been missing? And who else reckons that his spear is going to Trull?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#14 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:12 AM

well u can't be blamed for their inability to read lol...but...wow so Dassem is the 2nd now then? Which is pretty cool cause some members on here said that...wow lol
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#15 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:35 PM

Now, it doesn't say who killed the 2nd - it might be Skinner, as the Soldier is chasing him possibly for revenge, and it could be Dassem, famous ex-servant of Hood who killed him while Hood used his soul for filling the Soldier position. Either one of those could be the new 2nd.

New Idea: Eres is Icarium's mother. She gave birth before becoming pregnant with Kettle, she can calm Icarium down from his rage, and Icarium is obsessed with time, and who else is time-aspected?

#16 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

What is up with the Grey Shields? Obviously related to the Grey Swords, as Quick Ben notes they'll be handy in a siege and he seems to recognise the Destriant, but the Destriant isn't Toc/Anaster if he's been preparing a ritual for two years beforehand... It is possible for a god to have more than one Destriant/Mortal Sword/Shield Anvil at a time?

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."

#17 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

Could be one god per Destriant/Mortal Sword/Shield Anvil... Togg and Fanderay are two gods ^^

#18 User is offline   Mithfanion 

• Lieutenant

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

People need to be a bit clearer about the Second Seguleh business because we're all over the place.

Is it known who the Second Seguleh is? It is in pursuit of Skinner? Why a connection with Dassem at all? Is this made clear in the story somehow?

Is the second Seguleh recently ascended to that title?

They are getting ready to go to war against the Teblor?

#19 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:30 PM

What's detailed in the book is that the Soldier of High House Death is thrown out of the warrens while pursuing someone, is angry at Cutter and his group for momentarily losing the trail, Cutter sees the mask of the Seguleh 2nd on his belt, a conversation between them about the Seguleh still preparing or something (I need to reread that bit again, yay) then the Soldier shouts "SKINNER! I'm coming for you!" or something to that effect and heads off, leaving his spear behind.

The Dassem connection is just speculation (see thread title), as either him or Skinner could have killed him, becoming the new 2nd in his place.

#20 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:01 PM

I was wondering WTF Skinner was until I remebered his name being mentioned in same breath as Cowl, Blues etc, which makes him Crimson Guard IIRC? Has he actually appeared in the series or was he just mentioned?

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users