• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Formula One - BEWARE of rabid Schumacher fan

#261 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • I am not yet done

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:54 AM

... well I still like Monty, and last year's Monza showed he can still be exciting...

:D
And one by one the gardens died

#262 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 15 July 2006 - 03:23 PM

mclaren always seems to suck the life out of drivers. I remember when Jacques left williams he had the choice to drive for mclaren and he couldn't bring himself to do it. instead, he opted to start his own team, which took enormous courage...so it didn't work (well, it might of, had david richards not arrived)...c'est la vie...but he did what he wanted to do, on his own terms, which i have to admire.

as for montoya, i was a big fan of his in champ car (after jacques moved to f1) and i was happy to see him also move to f1. but though he did have some inspired drives at williams, it seems that mclaren's corporate authoritarianism has made yet another casualty of juan pablo.

at least now i'll have some one to root for in nascar.

#263 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:15 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t_yFEPmTrtg&sea...20Francorchamps

LMAO
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#264 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:20 AM

damn that Pat Symonds...damn him to hell...all in all...boring as no tommorow BUT it was good to see Michael extend yet another record:D Becasue it seems Alonso may well take 1 record and equal another this year. Most podiums in 1 season at 17 and most number points currently at 148, which, barring some grave misfortune in a race or 2 to Alonso (which I pray for day and night), will surpass this record.

But damn...12 more wins and we'll have 100 wins from this living legend *sigh* I want that day to come I really truly do *dreams*

As for the usual peanut butter jelly dances

:banana: Button :banana:
:banana: JJ :banana: (did something happend to him? I dont even know...lol)

And Toyota needs to bloody work on reliability, they have good speed, but if their cars fail to finish a race...u know...one can forgive them for making a blunder of a pit stop here and there, these things happen. But this is the 2nd race in a row where they had BOTH cars running very strongly and one of them has to leave the race so close to the end:(
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#265 Guest_Lily_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:09 AM

I love to see Michael happy like yesterday , all smile and jumping , it's one of the thing I love the most in him : when he wins he's happy like a kid and jump , laugh , hug everyone , like if it's the first time for him everytime he wins

Posted Image

Even if Fernando wins this year this championship , he won't the next year 'cause McLaren won't give him a good car anyway

Italians of Ferrari teased us about the World Cup but eh : what about your italian championship , guys ? Posted Image

#266 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:36 PM

We'll se about next year, right?
I think Fernando could do a hat-trick if McLaren can solve their reliabilty problem... And the last two races wera a big step forward..

Schumi is old iron... He cannot make another great season. Face it!
And it's quite sad that he has to, despite having the fastest car on the grid, win the race thanx to his teammate Massa...:placate:
;)

#267 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:08 AM

Jen said:

LOL!

So saved to favourites.:lachen70:

#268 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:46 AM

LMAO aye that is just GENIUS! I have one of Schumacher qualifying in the rain at Spa...such mastery

Question for you CoV...how many years since you've watched F1? And I mean on a regular basis

And if you truly believe Michael is old iron...well...bah I dont care anymore

No wait I do...Old Iron doesn't survive in Formula 1. They get tossed aside because they become worthless. And tell me who looks more drained. the 20 something or the "old iron"

Posted Image

#269 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:47 AM

*bursts into song*

Any old iron, any old iron,
Any any any old iron?
You look neat, talk about a treat!
You look so dapper from your napper to your feet.
Dressed in style, brand-new tile,
And your father's old green tie on.
But I wouldn't give you tuppence for your old watch and chain,
Old iron, old iron.

*ahem* :outta:

well it was another masterclass in Schummi driving on sunday, maybe Alonso better sign up for some lessons, eh Voices ;) though I must say Magny Cours has to be one of the most boring races of the year, how I lament the loss of Spa this year, as yer link shows Jen, there's always something happening at Spa...

well I wonder how Renault will preform in Hockenheim, they are sticking extra bits and bobs on the car to catch up with Ferrari, but Flavio Briatore has apparently issued a wake up call to Michelin having been baten by Bridgestone in the last two races, especialy at Magny Cours, traditionly a Michelin strong hold, so it seems the tyre is on the other wheel atm, and I for one hope it continues as we need this championship to stay alive till the last race...

anyone hear the rumour that Alonso is trying to get our of his contract with McLaren? McLaren have dismissed the rumour as they have a water tight contract...sounds like the silly season is well and truly upon us!

#270 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:03 PM

Jen said:

LMAO aye that is just GENIUS! I have one of Schumacher qualifying in the rain at Spa...such mastery

Question for you CoV...how many years since you've watched F1? And I mean on a regular basis

And if you truly believe Michael is old iron...well...bah I dont care anymore

No wait I do...Old Iron doesn't survive in Formula 1. They get tossed aside because they become worthless. And tell me who looks more drained. the 20 something or the "old iron"

Posted Image

Since... Like, 1997/1998 all of them... More or less- although my first one was the Imola 94 when Ayrton the God (the real one, not your fake German:D ) died...

And, yeah, I missed most of the 2001-2005 seasons... Except maybe 2004--
No need to be offensive, I have the right to not like MS, don't I? And I still think that Kimi and Fernando are MILES AWAY from him at the moment... He's way too old...
And so said Stirling Moss in his recent interview...
So- Jen, Kettle and all you other Schumi-fans, do you think you're smarter then him?:eek: ;)

:banana:
Still, we're +17

#271 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

You were 7 when Senna died...hell that was your first race by your own admission, so how can you call him a God? You never saw him race.

And you have every right to dislike Schumacher, hes that kinda guy. What I hate most though is when people make ignorant comments about him. What do you mean old iron? Especially after he just walked all over Alonso two races in a row? Last year did nothing to prove he's lost his abilities neither has this year. Also your comment of him being way to old...true he's nearing the age when drivers tend to retire, but thats when they start to lose their edge and not challenging for world titles and not acting like they just won their 1st race on their 88th career win.

Stirling Moss...yes and Jackie Stewart said Schumacher should retire way back in 2003 because he wasn't doing so well mid-season. The same men who hailed Schumacher as a true champion and great race car driver when he was destroying everything in sight.

I would just like to point out 1 tiny bit of detail, just as a general comment. Anyone else notice, since Michael won his last Monaco GP there have been no repeat winners? I like what that says:D

#272 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:59 AM

I do not think Michael is too old (what's the matter with his age ? 37 years old isn't that old !!) he's as sharp as before , still good , still fast , and happy to do what he does . I do not think Kimi or Fernando are better than him , none of them will have his carreer and his aura . Everyone know Michael Shumacher , even people who don't watch Formula One . Is not the case with 'em .

And for Senna , bah he was good but I did not watch F1 when he was racing , too young and I really started to love that with Michael . I do not find him really arrogant and if his team love him so much , there's might be a reason eh eh eh

I do hope he'll be here next year , he has to be here !! Posted Image

#273 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:25 AM

Senna? Yeah, I was quite young... That's my dad's influence for loving him so dearly, despite I haven't really got to see him race... Still, he was my hero, and I was a kid back then... So, when you're that young- and your hero dies... It's only natural you call him God ;)

Schumi did outpace Alonso on the last two races... but what about the 4 before that...
All I want to say is: he's proven himself, he's got 7 titles, 88 GP wins, and 38 years on his back... And all the possible records.. What can he gain now? He can only ruin his reputation of being the unbeatable driver (like last year)

He's great driver, I know- but let the younger ones take over now... It's only natural
IMHO, he shoud've retired last year, as a 5 times in a row World Champion...
Now, he'll cling on cuz of his battered pride for another year or two... Only to be beaten by Alonso (or maybe Kimi):placate: Poor schumi

#274 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

I think he keeps racing because he enjoys it. Every aspect. Not for your above bs reasons. ;)

I might even stop watching F1 when Schumacher retires, cos quite frankly it'll just seem boring. Only Schumacher, Coulthard and Jacques seem to have anything interesting to say anymore. And they are all getting to "that age". :confused:

#275 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:31 PM

Don't you worry about the future... Nico Rosberg, Lewis Hamilton, Heikki Kovalainen, Bruno Senna, Robert Kubica- all very young and very talented drivers... I see a new generation rising. Add them to the ruling duo, Kimi and Alonso... Equals fun! ;)

#276 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

You seem to be misunderstanding me. Or we have two very different ways of looking at fun/interesting. In my book Raikonnen and Alonso are two of the least fun people I've seen in any sport, ever. Then on the other side of that line there is Schumacher, Jacques and the new Coulthard (since he moved too, no wait, since he moved away from Mclaren).

Also young and talented doesn't = fun. They could be, but it's not a given. ;)

#277 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:19 PM

Called-By-The-Voices : You speak like my mom Posted Image

BAD said:

I think he keeps racing because he enjoys it. Every aspect. Not for your above bs reasons. ;)

I might even stop watching F1 when Schumacher retires, cos quite frankly it'll just seem boring. Only Schumacher, Coulthard and Jacques seem to have anything interesting to say anymore. And they are all getting to "that age". :confused:

But I think lile BAD and Michael says so , I think he'll be there next year because it still excites him to race . I told to myself before that after Michael I was going to still watch F1 but now I doubt it

#278 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 19 July 2006 - 03:33 PM

lol....

i, for one, remember senna's first race. and yes, senna was spectacular, and i remember thinking pretty much the same thoughts when ayrton dominated f1 that i think now with michael's domination. senna and schumacher are similar in any number of ways, especially when it comes to winning over sportsmanship....do any of you remember senna taking out his teammate alain prost at the beginning of the japanese grand prix in whatever year it was because prost was close enough to senna on points that he could have won the championship. this is and always has been my criticism of champions like this...men who lose their personal honour as soon as they get a sniff of victory...currently, michael epitomizes this...

#279 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:25 PM

It is boring...the only thing that keeps me going is the POSSIBILITY Schumacher, Alonso and Kimi will fight it out with eachother on the race track. Last year...that happened TWICE last year...and once this year (and that wasnt even a real battle because the race was won by Michael and Ross Brawn using their brains)

I'll be honest the only thing that will keep me going after Schumacher is gone, is if there is actual on track racing. Where we dont go to every race knowing 100% that barring any accidents, this driver is going to win. We havent had that since 2000...that year every bloody race was a mystery. Quali was a battle, race was a battle. these days, by saturday afternoon or sometimes even friday we know who is going to win and not like there is a variety of drivers to choose from by the end of sunday we're either chanting All Hail Schumacher or All Hail Alonso (yes it pisses me off when its the latter chant)

And yes, Michael continues to race because he enjoys it. Not because of wounded pride. Michael has none of that, lol

#280 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:31 PM

Bring back 12 lap Quali!

Sorry I just had to say it. ;)

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic