Formula One - BEWARE of rabid Schumacher fan

#221 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

Jen said:

...12hrz...away...12hrz away...*wails*

12 hours is close?
It might be possible to be twelve hours (I assume you mean drive?) from Silverstone and still be in the UK, but you'd be balancing precariously on the cliffs of John O'Groats...
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#222 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:23 PM

Morgoth said:

I bought 42 inch lc, hd compatible widescreen.. So, for the money you will spend on that, I can watch the f1 -not that I will mind you- and get a better view than you ever will :)

HA! I have a 43" of the same specifications! I'll have 1" of better experience then u!:D

And considering for most of the year they're on a different continent half way across the world...12hrz is close.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#223 Guest_BAD_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:14 PM

*beats you all with his 48" Plasma*

:cool:

#224 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:39 PM

Okay I give up hope...
On to next sesason now where I hope that next year we have the bridgestone advantage *sigh*
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#225 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

well that was a better race then silverstone :p

though as usual it was Alonso race, I don't even think he broke out in a sweat! I wonder what the reasoning behind Schumacher qualifying with so much fuel on board, they must have thought he was going to be so bad with the tyres so put him on a potential one stopper in the hopes of gaining places, it got Massa from 10th on the gird to finish 5th (unless they new he'd be stuck behind the mobile chicane that was Trulli) still the pace car coming out near the end certainly livened things up, and Kimi's little slide around the hairpin giving Schumacher 2nd position was gift, and Schumacher got the best he could have hoped for out of the day...

poor old Jaques, those marbles were bad, the worse I've seen in a long time at a race, but to come upon the struggling Ralph Schumacher on the corner who slowed down even more, making Jaques have to take to the outside was just sheer bad luck, there was nothing he could do and a championship point went sliding into the wall :p

I must say DC, a I driver I've never really had much time for, went up in my estimation, after the saftey car pulled in we heard over his pit radio the team telling him to pass Button and that's just what he did, it was a fine pass and I actually cheered!! DC's driving really well these days, it's a shame he didn't drive like this at McLaren we might have had Coulthard double world champion instead of Hakkinen....

well on to Indy this coming weekend and here's hoping Michelin have the right tyres :)

#226 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

Missed beginning due to footie. . .

Nice to see Coulthard back in form again. o/ I laughed at Raikkonnen though on the last lap or 2nd to last, whatever it was. :) Yay for Schumi etc.

#227 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

Jen said:

Okay I give up hope...
On to next sesason now where I hope that next year we have the bridgestone advantage *sigh*

So.. Were you on the GP or not?

PS- Seems like Fisico signed for Renault for the next year... Now i expect these 2007 line ups:

Renault- Fisico/Kovalainen
McLaren- Alonso/Kimi
Ferrari- Schumi/Massa
RedBull- DC/Montoya
BMW- Heidfeld/Kubica
Toyota- Ralph/Trulli
Williams- Rosberg/Webber
And one by one the gardens died

#228 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:06 PM

mmmmm.......I think a few alterations need to be made there Called-by-the-voices (I think I'm gonna refer to you as "voices" from now on to save all that typing :))

Renault - Fisichella and Kovalainen - have to agree with you on that one
McLaren - Alonso and Lewis Hamilton - I know Ron has been saying Hamilton needs more experience, but the guy has shown huge promise and I think Ron will rue the day if he loans him out to another team.
Ferrari - Schumacher (I can't see him retiring just yet, he must be thinking of what he can achieve next year with a single tyre manufacturer) and Kimi Raikkonen - he's the future for Ferrari and they will want him on board as soon as possible, plus it will be a coup for Ferrari to have 2 of top drivers in it's cars...plus both drivers will have equal status.
Redbull - DC (he's had such good drives this year he deserves another year behind the wheel of an F1 car) and TBA as they say, Klien just hasn't done a good enough job this year and I can see them promoting Liuzzi or Speed from the B team to take his place
BMW - Heidfeld and hopefully Jaques, Kubica is still too young for BMW I think, but they might decide to go with him instead of Jaques.
Toyota - R Schumacher and Trulli - so no change there, though tbh I don't know why Toyota want to keep either drivers...
Williams - Rosberg and Webber - no change again
Honda - Button and Barrichello...
as to where Massa will end up, well whichever team uses the custom Ferrari engine I would expect and Montoyas' days are numbered on the GP grid I think, he wants and expects too much money for what he's worth and I can't see any of the teams picking him up, it looks more likely he will return to the USA to race in IRL or Champ car...

#229 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:51 PM

lol, well okay so...THAT MY FELLOW SCHUMACHER FANS/HATERS WAS AN AWESOME RACE...towards the end that is...sure it was boring as hell but when the safety car came out I jumped up and down, ran around the room and watching Michael miss the Champions Wall a few billion times this weekend I swear to you *sigh* It was brilliant...now if only we had 10more laps we could've won...:)

As for the stupid move on Ferrari's part with the heavy fuel...well I suspect they expected to start 3rd or even 4th. But when they go stuck in 5th place that pretty much ruined it for them. Had it not been for Jarno, Michael could've easily won this race in the closing stages due to said safety car.

As to the line-up's well here is the latest rumour from Montreal, and I suppose these rumours can now be trusted, though with F1 you never know;) In anycase

Ferrari - Schumacher + Kimi
Schumacher willing to accept equal status, presumably, in my mind atleast because he realizes Ferrari needs to think about the Post Schumacher Era and doesn't want to screw HIS team over. Kimi, piss tired of McLaren will suffer being Schumacher's team-mate, since clearly he has made it clear that he didn't want to be in the same team as Michael. Plus Philip Morris has agreed to pay the salary for both of them, which with Michael's 45million plus give Kimi atleast 30 (he makes like 20 at Mclaren) will be a total of 75million

Renault - Fisi + Kovalinen
Where I presume Kova will DESTROY Fisi, which will then lead to his dismissial from the team.

McLaren - Alonso + Hamilton
Well don't really know much about this kid, I saw the GP2 races which he won, he's a pretty good driver, but lets face it F1 and GP2 are different universes.

Williams - No change, and I swear to God if they oust any of their drivers because they didn't deliver I will lose all respect for them. It is clearly the cars taht are underperforming.

Redbull - David + Tonio
Yeah, Klien hasn't done much this season. David should, and rightfully so, remain Red Bull team leader

BMW - Nick +
Doesn't matter much does it? To me atleast...its JJ...meh

Toyota - Same line-up
Odd move...as much as I feel I must remain loyal to the Schumacher name, Ralf sucks lol. Jarno...meh...quali isn't the only part of a grandprix weekend

Honda - who cares
Yes really who cares. They have good drivers, the team needs to move the car forward

As for the remaining drivers, well Juan is most probably out of Formula One, which makes me happy. Massa, well as kettle pointed out whoever gets Ferrari engine's will have to sign on Massa as well. And the remaining teams don't matter a rat's ass. ie Midland

#230 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:18 PM

@Kettle- Voices it is, then!

I have to agree it was a great race, especially the start AND the finish... When Kimi attacked Alonso, I was on my feet, shouting DON't YOU DARE !!!

Again, Fisico has proven himself to be fast, but not reliable (hence the jump start thing)
And I really felt sorry for both Rosberg and Monty for retiring.. But I sure did enjoyed whrn both of them overtook Schumi on the start... hehehehe

Line ups?
I think you got it right, save the Ferrari one... There's no way Kimi will accpet being in a Schumacher-dominated team... Why?
We all know that Schumi wants to win another title before retiring. This year's gonne sown to toilet thanx to the wonderkid Fernando, so the next one's pretty much Schumi's last chance..
Then to think that Ferrari will take the risk in letting Kimi be equal with Schumi in Schumi's last year? No way! Specially knowing that Kimi would do wonders with a good Ferrari car...
Now, with Fisico signing with Renault I think that Kimi's move to the blue-yellow team is blocked.. And that leaves McLaren... At least until Schumi retires and leaves the Ferrari no1 to Kimi...
Just My 2 cents

#231 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

@ Voices, glad you like the shortened name :)

well as to the whole Kimi going to Ferrari thing, it's been doing the rounds in the paddock for most of the year, now people are saying he's definitely signed up with Ferrari (though this could just be the start of the silly season) and we are assuming Schumacher is going to stay for another year, he might decide to retire, but I don't see that happening just yet, if you look at things logically where else is Kimi going to go, he could stay on at McLaren for another year, but to be honest I think he is so pi$$ed of with the team and frustrated at not winning it's the last thing he wants to do, plus the Ron and Kimi relationship seems to be breaking down especialy after Canada when Ron Dennis had a go at him for what went on in the pit stops...

he could go and race for Renault, just because Fisi has been kept on doesn't mean he is automatically the no.1 driver, but Renault are notoriously cheap when it comes to paying their drivers (hence Alonsos' move to big bucks McLaren) though apparently they have realised they have to pay more to get a big name driver and have upped the ante, they are a winning team, but they don't have the kudos as driving for Ferrari does...

now to Ferrari, they want Kimi and are prepared to pay for him, like Jen said Philip Morris are prepared to stump up the cash for both drivers, everyone has been thinking that Kimi wouldn't race for Ferrari until Schumacher had retired (especialy as Kimi has always said he wouldn't be a team mate to Schumacher) but that could be at least another year, and Ferrari wouldn't want to see their future star going to a team like Renault and winning a championship for their rivals, so somehow Schumacher has agreed to equal status in the team and Kimi has agreed to partner Schumacher (that must have been an interesting piece of negotiation) anyway the logical choice for Kimi would be to jump straight in at Ferrari and show Schumacher what he can do and I for one am crossing my fingers that this is the case and we can see the pair giving the rest of the field a run for their money next year.....

well I'm looking forward to Indy this weekend and hopefully Ferrari will have solved some of their tyre issues....

#232 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:10 PM

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: - POLE!

As for Kimi + Schumacher...well apart from Renault Kimi has no other option, because I know he is totally piss tired of Mclaren, you can see it. Mclaren must, and rightfully so, take sole responsibility for Kimi losing TWO World Championship's. 2003 and 2005 were his years, he drove brilliantly but there isn't much a driver can do when the car continues to break down race after race. As for Renault...well okay he could go there, but take note of this, the people, not the big shots the mechanics, that make the team what it is are looking at moving to McLaren with Alonso. As was the case with Michael to Ferrari move, it will positively ruin Renault. Kimi would be wise to stick it out at Ferrari, and if he has to, suffer one year under Schumacher, because you just get the feeling Michael is going to do stupid things next year;) But look at it this way, Ferrari knows Michael is reaching his end now, his time is almost up. They need to think of the future, and all things considered taht future IS Kimi.

#233 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:07 PM

I still think hat would be the low-point of his career...

And- Jen do you think Ferrari are guilty for MS not winning the 96/97/98/99 WC's ? No? I thought so... Still he clinged on and won 5 titles...
You cannot possibly tell me that Kimi is moving from a team that "birthed" him cuz he didn't win the 03/05 champ's...:confused: :)

And tommorow- Alonso:outta:

#234 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:41 AM

"To finish first, first you have to finish" - Ron Dennis
That is why I blame them, they never finished. Reliability is just about making stable components, and if Renault and Ferrari can do it, esp Ferrari who has been doing it since 2000, Mclaren can do it also. They had a driver who has the ability to take a slower car and perform wonders with it, but if their components just don't last...really whats the use of all that speed?

As for blaming someone in the dark years at Ferrari...um...why would blame someone for finishing where they really should finish? They didn't have the speed to finish 1st and 2nd was the best they should've been able to. Yet Michael, being God, pushed the car to its limits, performed his usual magic and did crazyness. For example 96, pure voodoo magic with those 3 FANTASTIC wins at Spain, Spa and Italy. It was just bad luck, and some stupidity, in 97 that saw him lose the WC (not jerez, I mean the race where Ralf knocked him out of the race, which he was going to win and JJ was already gone) As for 98 well they lost taht year fair and square, they were beaten by Mclaren's speed. As for 99...um...yes go back and read the history books;) I completely blame a wall of tyres for that one

And btw, it was Sauber that gave Kimi his big break into F1. His first test in a F1 car had everyone jumping up and down. He lapped to within a cool second of Michael Schumacher in a Sauber, which by all means is not easy feat.

#235 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:23 PM

What a STUPID start...*sigh* I say Montoya was to blame. Crashing into the back of poor old kimi like that...I cried when I saw kimi out of the car:( I dislike watching him lose so. Oh well...all in all okay race. Awesome result...whn Alonso came out behind the two Toyota's and everyone was going oh wow, oh yea this is good news for Michael. I thought to myself yes...if the bloody toyota's can keep their car's alive till the end. And what do you know, they didn't...stupid bastards...I hate them grrrr...oh well but there is SOME life back into the championship, only just. If a similar result occurs at France, we should be in for a real dog fight for the championship fron there on I'd say. If not...oh well it was still a fairly good seaon iin my opinion. Those drives from Micahel at Australia, San Marino, Europe, Monaco were just plain brilliant imo. *sigh*

You know what though, me thinks it would be cheaper to go to the US GP instead of the Canadian GP. Freaking 35pounds, so around about 80bucks Canadian, you get walk the PIT!?!...I'd pay something like 500 canadian to just sit on the pit straight at Canada. this shall require some planning...some planning indeed

oh and JJ :banana:, button :banana: *sigh* Fun times...

oh and just one another thing...is there no end to celebration from Michael? the man is 34+ odd years old and he acts like 12year old when he wins:D

#236 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:41 PM

That's why Schumacher will always be preferably to Alonso. He's genuinely happy to be winning, while Alonso's like yeah, yeah, I won, I'm off now.

#237 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

polishgenius said:

That's why Schumacher will always be preferably to Alonso. He's genuinely happy to be winning, while Alonso's like yeah, yeah, I won, I'm off now.

No - that's just what makes people like Fernando. He' s not arrogant... He's just a normal, although very fast, guy....:) :banana:
Cheers, Fisico...

France, here we go!:outta:

#238 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:26 PM

What does getting insanely happy about winning have anything to with being arrogant? I mean yes, I agree the man IS arrogant...but what has happiness got anything to do with it?

On another note, Renault said they sacrificied quali for race pace...um...some one mind pointing out said race pace to me?

And I forgot in my previous post alonso;:banana: Just ONE more race with this result and the championship would come back to life

#239 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:57 PM

Called-by-the-Voices said:

No - that's just what makes people like Fernando. He' s not arrogant... He's just a normal, although very fast, guy....:) :banana:
Cheers, Fisico...

Who wants to watch "normal ppl" on TV? Wait you aren't one of these reality tv addicts are you? :hand:

#240 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

I think he was reacting to my insinuation that Alonso is arrogant by not reacting madly to winning.
It's not so much that he's arrogant (most top sportsmen are, to an extent - they have to be_) but that he's arrogant in a dull way, and also to my eyes a slightly smug one. But that might just be me.

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users