• You cannot reply to this topic

Formula One - BEWARE of rabid Schumacher fan

#281 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • I am not yet done

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

BAD said:

You seem to be misunderstanding me. Or we have two very different ways of looking at fun/interesting. In my book Raikonnen and Alonso are two of the least fun people I've seen in any sport, ever. Then on the other side of that line there is Schumacher, Jacques and the new Coulthard (since he moved too, no wait, since he moved away from Mclaren).

Also young and talented doesn't = fun. They could be, but it's not a given. ;)

I think it was you who misunderstanded...

Like Jen said- f1 is fun to watch while there are some on-track battles. And when there're more then 1 or 2 drivers that can win a race... (Like Alonso & Schumi this year)
Well, having a bunch of talanted youngsters trying to prove themselves+ some good old drivers+ on-track battles= fun
See?:D

And, I, despite your opinions, don't find Schumi fun at all.. When was the last time he's done something fun?? (ATTENTION- I don't find cheating fun...):eek:
If that silly jumping and dumping on the podium makes him more fun then Alonso.. Well.. You see my point.
At least Alonso has his albatros dance...:banana:
And one by one the gardens died

#282 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:54 PM

So he cheats...and what hes done it like...2 times? or wait 3 if you want to count Monaco

Hill
JJ

Senna and Prost arent exempt from such behaviour. Hell Prost even had Ferrari make a seat and plate change on his and Nigel Mansell car because Mansell's car was better than Prost's. Atleast Micahel will do it openly and just go and say "Give me your car" (he has done that atleast once with Rubens) and the little poddle has to obey. And please don't tell me Senna and Prost both had reasons for driving into eachother at Suzuka 2years in a row. If revenge can be seen as reason, so can the fact that Michael raced in 12races in 94, won 8 where as Hill who raced in all 16/17 races was still behind in the championship at the last round.

As for any argument the world presents about team order...please go back and check the history books. The only difference with back then and now, Ferrari does it from the first race of the season. And why shouldn't they? they're not paying Michael 40million US a year to come 2nd.

As for BAD's point...hes correct. Formula 1 is going to lose A LOT of fans once Schumacher goes. He hasnt even retired yet and already Germany's two GP are in trouble, abliet there are some money issues involved, but you don't see Bernie stepping in to save the race, with Schumacher gone german interest will drop like a rock. Outside Europe, heck outside F1, neither Alonso or Kimi are as big as Michael. Also the drivers that BAD speaks of are drivers that dont sit when a sponsor says sit, or speak when the sponsor says speak. Kimi tries to have fun in his life outside of Formula 1 and he is denyed that by Mclaren telling him to shape up his image because the sponsors will run away.

The pirahna club is blind to things outside their little tank...sadly its hurting the sport and if things aren't sorted out in the next season or two, F1 is going to drown when Schumacher leaves.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#283 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:44 PM

my it's been getting a little heated in here today....must be the weather ;)

firstly

BAD said:

Bring back 12 lap Quali!

Sorry I just had to say it. :D

couldn't agree with you more BAD, even though they've cut 5 mins off Q3 it's still a boring fuel burning exercise for 10 mins, we need an exciting shoot out for pole position, where we see the fastest lap being pole, ok the knockout laps have bought some excitement to qualifying, but nothing beats the old 12 lap qualifying, where all drivers were trying for pole, this new knockout system was put in place so there would be more action on the track and to keep the viewers happy, but ever since they messed about with a perfectly good qualifying system, I've not been happy :)

secondly,

Bring back slicks!!

sorry it just had to be said.... :p

and thirdly,

I'm not a Schumacher fan, I'm a Villeneuve fan who also happens to appreciate Schumacher :) which given the past history between the two must seem strange... I used to hate Schumacher when I was a Damon Hill fan, and I would be on the edge of my seat when he was racing, when he went to Jordan, the disappointment was palatable, and when he retired I wondered if I would ever watch again, but I did, and I found I liked Villeneuve, he was a racer, he had personality and he often said things that got him into trouble with the paddock and fans alike, I began to appreciate Schumacher, his cocky arrogance didn't seem too bad...there was something worth watching again, I am hoping when they retire from F1 some of the young, up and coming drivers show us they have personality and the balls to be a real person, not some carbon copy of everyone else, hell Kimi seems to have fun of the track, maybe when he leaves McBoringLaren he might bring a different attitude to the track...I think what most of us fear is the lack of interesting drivers, someone you can get behind and root for especially as F1 has become so predictable these days, though maybe someone will eventually realise that what is needed is more mechanical grip instead of all the aerodynamic grip and we can actually see more then 2 passes per race!!

as for Senna, yes he was a brilliant driver, and I for one would have loved to see him and Schumacher fighting it out on the track, but both drivers were cut from the same mold with their win at any cost strategies, so I can't understand why people praise Senna yet vilify Schumacher, when Senna would have done exactly what Schumacher did in the past....as to Schumacher being past it, well he looks like he's still winning races to me...

#284 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:21 AM

:eek:...such fans do not exist!!. Thus logically...you must be some sort of DEMON!!!! *runs around screaming*

I still remember Suzuka 2000...that was AWESOME between Mika and Michael *cries* that was a beautiful quali session. Mika, Michael, Mika, Michael, Mika, Michael and then Mika went again but fell short:p he made up for it at the start though;) I miss him:( I demand they bring him back!

Thank you for seeing my point Kettle. I personally never saw him race, well okay I have but I don't remember much from 97 let alone 92 and never did start to watch properly until 94. In anycase I've always wondered everyone agrees Senna was cut throat, and there is basic proof that he was...yet when Michael has pulled similar stunts everyone turns into angry tenscowri's and runs after him. Whatever, I suppose Senna had his charisma...in anycase meh. I care not, let history make its own judgement. I shall make mine;)
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#285 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:38 PM

Why do you call Villeneuve JJ? Jacques Jillleneuve?

#286 Guest_BAD_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

Called-by-the-Voices said:

Why do you call Villeneuve JJ? Jacques Jillleneuve?

Jacques Joseph Charles Villeneuve?

Google really pwnz j00 something chronic huh? ;)

#287 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:21 PM

BAD said:

Jacques Joseph Charles Villeneuve?

Ah...
How on Earth did I miss that... :hand: ;)

#288 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:21 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M4UYjbqrRnE&sea...el%20schumacher

just listen towards the end...only him

#289 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWYOKTmPuoc...related&search=

this certainly brings back the memorys.....brilliant race by Schumacher!

and just watch this little snippet.....future team mates maybe?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=d5GK9O7EumY

#290 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:12 PM

and what about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI-V7_8Ak7M...related&search=

#291 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:54 AM

This years German GP maybe the most important GP like EVER. It'll tell us if we have a fight on our hands or if Ferrari are screwed up the behind and Renault never really lost it.

After this race we go into the annual testing ban and the teams will be forced to make a tyre choice for the next three races at Germany since there wont be any testing to develop tyres the way they are usually developed. *sigh* I do hope that Alonso crashes and burns just so that we just for the championships sake to be honest. I just want it to be bloody interesting. I infact dont even want Michael to win this year...it'll probably only mean that he'll retire on a high...which is gooid but I wanna go to the race next year and I do want God there lol...its understandable no:( *sigh*

Bah! those were evil words...let him win! GLORY TO SCHUMACHER! *runs around screaming*

#292 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:34 PM

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm more happy about the fact that Alonso qualified SEVENTH. Michaels probably carrying a heavy load of fuel...OR Kimi played it cool in the 1st two sessions, nevertheless should be a good entertaining race tmrw and if Alonso manages to finish any lower than oh say 4th I'll be the happiest boy alive and if Michael wins i'll be oh words wont describe my excitment but if he were to finish with 8points tmrw, it would sitll be a good thing for the championship.

#293 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

I think that was the most entertaining qualifying session since 12 lap quali. The comments on the radio from Alonso were amusing too. I love how the "old timer" is starting to play mind games with him. :)

#294 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:47 PM

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!
I HAVE NEVER EVERY BEEN THIS BLOODY HAPPY AFTER A SCHUMACHER VICTORY OF DESCTRUCTION!!!!*runs around screaming* ... this title is now possible...if Renault doesn't improve at Budapest next week...Alonso ends up with a similar result its over. Michelin have just handed over the World Championship to Michael on a gold platter and Ginacarlo is giving Ferrari the constructors title on a similarly exquisite platter:D

#295 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:54 PM

That was actually kinda a good race to watch too. :) Nice moves from Raikkonnen and Button. Damn did I just say that? Just a shame about Ralph and Coulthard if they hadn't got messed up then they could have been in for some good points. And the bad luck continues for Reubens and Webber. . .

I wonder how far in front the ferrari's would have finished if they hadn't let up after half the race had gone. Lapped everyone up to 3rd? xD

#296 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

They really would've lapped the field, after the 2nd stops they were doing 1:18's and Michael even managed to put in a few 1:19's where as the field was doing 1:17

But it actually was a decent race in terms of entertainment. As for Webber...well his demise gave Alonso 1 extra point:( And omg when Kimi and Webber touched after Kimi's 2nd stop I was screaming at the tele "NO! DONT CRASH! WE NEED YOU!!!" alas Mark is one unlucky character:(

As for Ralf...what was up with him this weekend? Running into everything that came across him. He threw away a chance for some solid points this race, Jarno went from last to 7th, imagine what he could've done from 8th on the grid

#297 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:07 PM

Yeah I've started to really like Trulli for the first time in a while. Never really liked him after he seemed to always be involved in a "racing incident" with Barrichello when Reubens was at Ferrari. And that overtaking maneuvre by Raikkonnen on whoever it was (can't remember. Button? Webber?) near the end of the race was class. Overtaking on a 150 mph corner part of the circuit. :cool:

#298 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

Jen said:

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!
I HAVE NEVER EVERY BEEN THIS BLOODY HAPPY AFTER A SCHUMACHER VICTORY OF DESCTRUCTION!!!!*runs around screaming* ... this title is now possible...if Renault doesn't improve at Budapest next week...Alonso ends up with a similar result its over. Michelin have just handed over the World Championship to Michael on a gold platter and Ginacarlo is giving Ferrari the constructors title on a similarly exquisite platter:D

I was also very happy yesterday to see Michael won , I do love when he's happy , jumping , all smiles like yesterday , singing wtih Felipe , such a kid , I was with a big smile upon my face like an idiot Posted Image

11 points for Michael , 10 for Ferrari , whoauh all is possible ! Massa is now well in the team and he's a better partner for Schumi than Fisichella is for Alonso .

#299 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:01 PM

well looks like mass dampers will be allowed...atleast until the hearing by the FIA. Charlie Withing just wrote to all the teams, saying they can use it until the hearing, and wont be penalised if the hearing goes in favour of the FIA.

#300 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

http://www.grandprix...ns/ns17278.html

...PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users