• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DC Studios A New Era for the DCEU

#61 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 October 2023 - 12:16 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 October 2023 - 03:49 PM, said:

So James Gunn is now on record as having said that NOTHING is new DCU Canon until the CREATURE COMMANDOS show drops...this includes PEACEMAKER S1 which is now non-Canon, and that PEACEMAKER S2 will apparently actually address the reboot of reality...

This is also the first I've heard of BLUE BEETLE not being part of the new DCU...but after it's pretty dismal bow at the box office I can see why they've changed tune. And considering that for MONTHS both the studio side and Gal Gadot all swore that her version of Wonder Woman was staying part of the new DCU....but that's since been changed and we are getting a whole new Justice League with new actors joining the SUPERMAN: LEGACY casting of New Clark/Superman (David Cornswet), Lois Lane (Rachel Brosnahan), Isabela Merced (Hawkgirl), Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern [Guy Gardner version]), Edi Gathegi (Mister Terrific), and Anthony Carrigan (Metamorpho)...

Who are any of these people besides Nathan Fillion and Anthony Carrigan? I guess they'll save on actors pay.
That Merced girl looks like she should still be in primary school ... :ermm:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 05 October 2023 - 12:17 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#62 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 October 2023 - 12:43 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 05 October 2023 - 12:16 PM, said:

So James Gunn is now on record as having said that NOTHING is new DCU Canon until the CREATURE COMMANDOS show drops...this includes PEACEMAKER S1 which is now non-Canon, and that PEACEMAKER S2 will apparently actually address the reboot of reality...

This is also the first I've heard of BLUE BEETLE not being part of the new DCU...but after it's pretty dismal bow at the box office I can see why they've changed tune. And considering that for MONTHS both the studio side and Gal Gadot all swore that her version of Wonder Woman was staying part of the new DCU....but that's since been changed and we are getting a whole new Justice League with new actors joining the SUPERMAN: LEGACY casting of New Clark/Superman (David Cornswet), Lois Lane (Rachel Brosnahan), Isabela Merced (Hawkgirl), Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern [Guy Gardner version]), Edi Gathegi (Mister Terrific), and Anthony Carrigan (Metamorpho)...

Who are any of these people besides Nathan Fillion and Anthony Carrigan? I guess they'll save on actors pay.

I mean Rachel Brosnahan was on a hit award-winning show as its lead for multiple seasons...And Merced was Dora in the live action Dora the Explorer movie...Edi Gathegi's claim to fame is the Twilight movies....maybe it's just that you're old Somb...LOL
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#63 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 October 2023 - 12:53 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 October 2023 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 05 October 2023 - 12:16 PM, said:

I mean Rachel Brosnahan was on a hit award-winning show as its lead for multiple seasons...And Merced was Dora in the live action Dora the Explorer movie...Edi Gathegi's claim to fame is the Twilight movies....maybe it's just that you're old Somb...LOL

We know I'm old, duh, but in my defence that Maisel show just looked ... not my bag.
Plus I'm a bit old for Dora. The boy watched it when it came out though. He thought it wasn't crap, and that's high praise from him.
I remain proudly untainted by anything Twishite-related. :p

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 05 October 2023 - 12:53 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#64 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 October 2023 - 01:18 PM

You also need to remember that almost every other big Hollywood name has already been snapped up by Marvel so pickings are slimmer... ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#65 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 October 2023 - 01:26 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 05 October 2023 - 01:18 PM, said:

You also need to remember that almost every other big Hollywood name has already been snapped up by Marvel so pickings are slimmer... ;)

One day i want to read the contracts that expressly forbid actors in MCU movies from appearing in DC movies, because they must be some Ten Commandments bolts from above and to the Hells ye shall go level forbiddance.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#66 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 October 2023 - 01:47 PM

View PostAbyss, on 05 October 2023 - 01:26 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 05 October 2023 - 01:18 PM, said:

One day i want to read the contracts that expressly forbid actors in MCU movies from appearing in DC movies, because they must be some Ten Commandments bolts from above and to the Hells ye shall go level forbiddance.

On this line of thinking, I WISH I'd been able to see the Disney/Marvel offices the day after they fired Gunn from GOTG3/MCU over those old joke tweets and like the NEXT day DC snapped him up to do SUICIDE SQUAD...only for Dis/MCU to come to their senses and rehire him for GOTG3 (arguably his Marvel Magnum Opus and one of the only big moneymakers of Phase 4)...but the ties had already been made at DC and he becomes their Kevin Feige going fwd...like those backdoor meetings must have been INSANE. Talk about handing one of your best creative talents to the other team...If DC rises under Gunn and the MCU can never get back it's pre-ENDGAME mojo and flags...they will have only themselves to blame for jerking their knees over 15 year old tweets...LOL. Hilarity.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#67 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2023 - 02:39 PM

But Isabela Merced is in a Marvel thing -- she's gonna be in Madame Web.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#68 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 05 October 2023 - 03:43 PM

View Postworry, on 05 October 2023 - 02:39 PM, said:

My compliments to her agent/lawyer/union/priest/bodyguards.

#69 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 October 2023 - 04:23 PM

View Postworry, on 05 October 2023 - 02:39 PM, said:

Ah. That's Sony though. They still own the Spidey-stuff...they just loan Spider-man himself out to Marvel for a cut, Madame Web is all Sony.

#70 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 05 October 2023 - 04:47 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 October 2023 - 04:23 PM, said:

...Madame Web is all Sony.

...to our collective trepidation.

#71 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 October 2023 - 12:35 AM

Oh you're right, I thought it was part of the Disney+ slate.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#72 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 January 2024 - 12:22 PM

So I took the boy to see Aquaman 2. Hmmm, pretty standard stuff. Best part was the interaction between the brothers. Everything else was a bit meh.

The final bad guys looked like they had the same architect and makeup as whomever did Minas Morgul/Mordor and Sauron/Army of the dead in LOTR though. :doh:

Being generous with six "Eeeeeeeeeeevil" tridents out of ten though.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 08 January 2024 - 12:22 PM

#73 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 April 2024 - 12:01 PM

Finally saw The Flash as it came to Netflix today.

It was ... nowhere near as crap as I had been led to believe. Even that irritating shit Ezra Miller wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

It was a lot more mature than I was expecting too, even with all the goofing around and slapstick. I'm sure someone can argue all the logic and pseudoscience and lore they want, but it was cool by me.
Some sweet, sweet cameos. Michael Keaton fucking rocks. :thumbsup:
I liked that Sasha Calle in her role too.

I'm going to give it an easy seven truly fucked up timelines out of ten.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 21 April 2024 - 12:01 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users