Malazan Empire: Ghost of Tsushima - Malazan Empire

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ghost of Tsushima chop chop slash slash!

#201 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 August 2021 - 02:03 AM

Hey Ghost of Tsushima fans, don't go crazy. I asked MODGOD to merge the Ghost of Ikishima thread into this one. The Iki Island expansion is part of the Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (or upgrade if you already have the original game). So I didn't think having separate threads was logical.

Thank you for the benevolent display and wielding of majestic merge powers oh omnipotent MODGOD.

#202 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 August 2021 - 01:47 PM

Yah, I'll download the expansion soon. I think my favorite parts were the shrine puzzles and really liked being able to see the views from the top or the way up.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#203 User is offline   Bapop 

• Lord of the Dining Tray

Posted 26 August 2021 - 03:54 PM

I updated to the PS5 director's cut and now my partner is going through the base game. It's very enjoyable as a spectator to We'll see which of us ends up playing the expansion first.
"I will live forever or die trying"

#204 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 August 2021 - 10:26 PM

Getting into the Iki Island DLC now. Oh snap, there are "Monkey Sanctuaries". They introduce a new gameplay mechanic. I failed the first time because I've not played a game that uses that feature of the PlayStation controller. Nailed it on the second try when I anchored myself, leaned forward and concentrated. First one of these. I wonder if they will become more complicated. It's sorta like the Guitar Hero deal of 15 years ago (or whatever).

#205 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 August 2021 - 12:04 AM

So far how Iki Island story is going, it starts off BADASS! Man they do a great job!

#206 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 August 2021 - 04:48 PM

Challenge for you Samurai who are playing through Iki Island expansion - solve the Forgotten Shrines without looking up online. Much respect if you figure them out without any help.

#207 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 30 August 2021 - 08:08 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 August 2021 - 04:48 PM, said:

Challenge for you Samurai who are playing through Iki Island expansion - solve the Forgotten Shrines without looking up online. Much respect if you figure them out without any help.

I'll keep an eye out, I've not looked at anything about the expansion because not knowing what to expect is way more fun.

Just seeing the new animals was a nice surprise!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#208 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 September 2021 - 12:11 AM

So the Iki Island expansion introduces the Bokken Tournament.

I played on hard and it went something like this:

#209 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 September 2021 - 09:16 PM

This seems to be a reoccurring image/painting in the Iki Island expansion. Have any of you samurai pieced together what it is about or means?

Posted Image

#210 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:24 AM

jeez ... The ocean plays a specific role on a particular side quest on Iki Island. It was frustrating at first, but once you understand the "rhythm of the ocean", - *wink-wink - it becomes apparent. Don't be lulled into the obvious path. At the end your horse will greet you with profound gratitude. Posted Image Posted Image

#211 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:52 PM

The Washington Post video games department did an article about photos from the Iki Island expansion. link: https://www.washingt...ode-iki-island/

The third picture looks exactly like the one I posted here: https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1442042

Not at all surprising because that is the haiku sequence and the setting and the colors just jump out at you, but nonetheless pretty cool.

#212 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 29 May 2022 - 01:20 PM

Finally started playing this, it's a very good looking game!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#213 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 May 2022 - 03:30 PM

The landscape, especially around the coasts and in the hills or mountains, is exceptional. The very last stages of the main story line have terrific views too.

Bon voyage!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#214 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 May 2022 - 04:06 PM

The use of vibrant colors is exceptional and incorporated unlike anything before it (I haven't played BotW, so I probably have some bias based on my limited video game background). Also, you are in store for quite a moment when you reach a part of the main quest. Quite possibly the best sequence I've experienced in the video game medium.

#215 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 June 2022 - 02:00 PM

So I've played a bit more, my time to game is very limited. I got to the part where you face Khotun on the bridge and had that flashback to your father's death and then the game started downloading something? Like it just stopped following a cut scene and estimated it would take 3 hours to download! Rather annoyed at this, I've never seen it in a game before.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#216 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 June 2022 - 02:30 PM

My guess is that an update that patches a critical bug needed to be installed before progressing. It's crappy that the game for new users doesn't include all the updates released for the game when doing the initial install. Even if it isn't required, whenever I download a game and it finishes installing, I always do the thing where you can check for game updates, which you can do by selecting the game on the PS4 main or in your library, then the Options button and choose Check for Update.

#217 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 June 2022 - 03:59 PM

Well I did a massive update on it before ever beginning the game and I figured that would happen because it usually does but I've never had in the middle of gameplay...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#218 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 June 2022 - 11:24 PM

Yeah, that's an odd one. As you say, a big update usually follows the download of older games (to get all the updates released during the game's life). I've had the issue of wanting to continue playing a game and having to wait for an update before I could boot it up, but never in game. Sucks because that would be highly annoying, especially for a game like GoT, which would take you out of the immersion of a spectacular story. Keep on truckin' though! Hopefully it was a one-off.

#219 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 September 2022 - 04:14 PM

I got a bit of time to play this last night. Every time I play I appreciate anew how beautiful this game is. But more then that the gameplay flows in a way that the AC games never quite did... So when fighting multiple opponents you really have to make sure you keep an eye on them all. Which makes it harder for an ultimate casual like myself but is more fun in the long run.

Done quite a few missions and saved a few towns etc. The place where you rescue the blacksmith and the following mission to liberate it was so much fun!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#220 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 September 2022 - 05:07 PM

I dig this game! I thought it was more soulsborne than it is, I’m glad it’s not.

I appreciate how some skill is required but it’s more like old school AC and when I get noticed in an enemy blade I still feel like your trapped in your base with me vibes. An be overwhelmed, can make mistakes but I feel powerful and the game plays wel and looks amazing!

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users