• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2020 to Super Bowl 55

#21 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 March 2020 - 04:08 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 17 March 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

Having a discussion now - is Brady the GOAT and how do you measure that? He has a good team around him and it would be interesting to know if he'd have the same success in a different team/with a different coach etc. All conjecture of course but interesting.

ETA the general consensus is that by most metrics he is probably the GOAT.

Brady won six championships with the same team, so by that measure it's hard to argue against him being the best QB of all time. I think there are other things to consider though. I personally don't think you can evenly compare Brady to the QB greats from generations past. The game has changed so much and rules have changed to elevate the QB position and protect QBs from injury. I think if Brady would have played in Bradshaw's era, or during Montana's time or even when Aikman started, he would have no where near the longevity and probably would have had a significant injury or shortened career due to mounting injuries. But with the rules as they are now, QBs can have much longer careers. Also, he has played for, arguably, the best coach for the entirety of his career. If Brady would have landed with another team (Detroit, Cleveland), he probably wouldn't have gotten the championships. I want to see how he does with another team. I don't expect fantastic numbers due to his age, but if he can get a team into the playoffs and have some success there, I will be impressed as hell and it would chip away at my opinion on where he falls with the all-time greats.

#22 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:30 PM

I had a weird dream last night where Peyton Manning and Tom Brady were competing in a celebrity three point shooting contest (yeah, basketball, I know, it was a weird dream). So if Brady ends up on the Indianapolis Colts or Denver Broncos, you can from this day, henceforth, address me as Malastradamus.

#23 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:48 PM

Well, I guess I'm no Malastradamus. Brady out the AFC and over to the NFC. I would love it if the schedule had the Bucs v. Patriots on it, I don't think it does though. Tommy boy landed on a team where he can prove the GOAT title is legit. If he takes the Bucs into the playoffs and makes some noise there, I'll be impressed.

[EDIT] LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 18 March 2020 - 01:49 PM

#24 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:58 PM

The reaction today by those in sports media who are obvious Patriot homers has been rich. All these years they've been so biased towards Brady and the Patriots (ever heard of being impartial, assholes? you're in sports journalism after all). Now they are all in their feelz, denied the fairy tale ending, watching Tom ride off into the sunset, hoisting the trophy one last time as he retires a Patriot.

https://twitter.com/...007638588547074

Also, some interesting scenarios - who will Belichick insert as QB now? It would be extra rich if he decided to make Jameis Winston his project, and got them to the SB, and win with Winston as QB. Quite an unrealistic fantasy though. Some have said Cam Newton might go to the Pats. Won't work, he doesn't have it above the shoulder pads and is about as inaccurate a passer as there is in the league. Belichick's system requires accuracy. The beige water pistol (Andy Dalton) has been mentioned to. I think Belichick will look to the draft for his next QB, it will be interesting to see who gets the job.

What do you football junkies think?

#25 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:08 PM

Rams letting Todd Gurley go. Surprised it didn't happen sooner. RB position no longer as relevant and he tried hard to hide injury issues, but after awhile was fooling no one. I suspect he will land somewhere.

What say you, oh gurus of all things leather egg shaped fighty fighty?

[EDIT] Well, I guess he may be joining Brady down in Tampa. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 18 March 2020 - 07:09 PM

#26 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:13 PM

Ha! I will never get used to seeing Las Vegas Raiders. Just like I'll never get used to Los Angeles Chargers.

#27 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:11 AM

Yep, Pats and Bucs won't meet until the 2021 season. Booooooo! It would have been so juicy to so see Tom and Bill greet each other on the field as opponents this season! BTW, the 2020 season could be in jeopardy of even happening because we might be in this coronavirus thing for 18 months.Posted Image So you better buckle up, buttercups, may be no football this year. Posted Image Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:17 AM

Yup

https://twitter.com/...330828074250243

I may actually enjoy watching Carolina this year. Great for McCaffrey too. I want to see him have more then just individual success.

#29 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:57 PM

So although the deal apparently isn't finalized yet, it appears that my 2nd most hated football player will be the new QB for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for whom I have rooted for 30 years. If you had told me this would happen 3 years ago, I would've had a very vehement NO reaction. However, I am surprisingly (to myself, anyway) ok with this move. And that is because it allows the Bucs to sever ties with my MOST hated football player, my own QB, Jameis Winston, who has been the greatest turnover machine ever. I have heard several times that Brady is very likely asking the Bucs to sign Antonio Brown along with himself. I'm afraid that would be a complete disaster as I have no reason to believe AB is straightened out in any way. I think he is very likely either bipolar or has something else going on mentally that allows/causes his behavior. I'm pretty sure he will still be facing a personal conduct suspension as soon as he re-enters the league, though, so maybe he wouldn't affect the locker room right away. But it would be a matter of time only, I think. Even in Bruce Arians' pass happy offense, how is AB going to get enough touches to stay happy with 2 other elite level WRs (Mike Evans and Chris Godwin) and 2 excellent tight ends (OJ Howard and Cameron Brate) available? But TB will be relevant again and should compete for the playoffs, at the very least. They better shore up the offensive line!

BTW BK: Drew Brees has got to be like "WTF?!" He signs up for likely his final 2 years because the Saints still have a good chance to go all the way and then the alleged best QB of all time moves into his own division!

#30 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:44 PM

Jameis Winston was always going to be a problem. The fuck ups he made while is college went beyond just normal lunkhead, jocks being jocks, idiocy. He was a huge red flag for many scouts but I suppose was worth giving a shot, with the hope that he would mature. So much of the QB position today is dominated by decision making, and so when evaluating talent in college it's a big deal to see what kind of maturity college prospects have off the field.

I really like Bruce Arians and I think the Bucs could surprise some people. They upgraded big time. Brady's legacy is wrapped up pretty tight, but if he can take the Bucs to the next level, a pretty little red//black/white bow will be daintily stamped on that legacy.

#31 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:40 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 March 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jameis Winston was always going to be a problem. The fuck ups he made while is college went beyond just normal lunkhead, jocks being jocks, idiocy. He was a huge red flag for many scouts but I suppose was worth giving a shot, with the hope that he would mature. So much of the QB position today is dominated by decision making, and so when evaluating talent in college it's a big deal to see what kind of maturity college prospects have off the field.

I really like Bruce Arians and I think the Bucs could surprise some people. They upgraded big time. Brady's legacy is wrapped up pretty tight, but if he can take the Bucs to the next level, a pretty little red//black/white bow will be daintily stamped on that legacy.

Agreed. I didn't like him coming out of college and I wanted the Bucs to take Mariota instead. Maybe that wouldn't have gone well either but I'd have liked to see what Mariota could've done with the talent Winston got to play with. He's without doubt more accurate a passer than Winston. But he seems to possibly be somewhat injury prone so who knows?

#32 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:35 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 19 March 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

Agreed. I didn't like him coming out of college and I wanted the Bucs to take Mariota instead. Maybe that wouldn't have gone well either but I'd have liked to see what Mariota could've done with the talent Winston got to play with. He's without doubt more accurate a passer than Winston. But he seems to possibly be somewhat injury prone so who knows?

Word on Mariota is that he is too aloof and can't be 'leader of men' that the QB position requires. I'm guessing Raiders picked him up for back up role? I can't see him taking the spot from Derek Carr. Although I heard Carr is kind of on the outs with the Raiders.

Just checked the lates news, I see Broncos released Joe Flacco.

#33 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:29 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 March 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Word on Mariota is that he is too aloof and can't be 'leader of men' that the QB position requires. I'm guessing Raiders picked him up for back up role? I can't see him taking the spot from Derek Carr. Although I heard Carr is kind of on the outs with the Raiders.

I remember hearing things along those lines about Mariota. Never seemed to be an issue at Oregon. I don't care for overly Rah, Rah guys myself and Jameis tends to take that nonsense too far. Mariota being signed by the Raiders is PURE GRUDEN. He falls in like with any QB he doesn't have and if they are mobile, he falls in LOVE. Yet he has never once developed a young QB.

#34 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:25 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 19 March 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

I remember hearing things along those lines about Mariota. Never seemed to be an issue at Oregon. I don't care for overly Rah, Rah guys myself and Jameis tends to take that nonsense too far. Mariota being signed by the Raiders is PURE GRUDEN. He falls in like with any QB he doesn't have and if they are mobile, he falls in LOVE. Yet he has never once developed a young QB.

I'm not for a rah rah guy myself either. Cam Newton kind of had that but it rung hollow and insincere. He was a fake. Jay Cutler was even more aloof and separated himself from the locker room then Mariota. And Cutler was arguably the best arm talent of his time in the league. A QB has to lead by example and get grown men, who have their own personal agendas, on the same page. Drew Brees is probably the best at it. Tom Brady is excellent at it. Aaron Rogers, one of the best pure talents playing, isn't so good at it. Rah rah rah, you can stuff. I wan't a QB that inspires and instills confidence.

#35 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:56 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 March 2020 - 09:25 PM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 19 March 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

I'm not for a rah rah guy myself either. Cam Newton kind of had that but it rung hollow and insincere. He was a fake. Jay Cutler was even more aloof and separated himself from the locker room then Mariota. And Cutler was arguably the best arm talent of his time in the league. A QB has to lead by example and get grown men, who have their own personal agendas, on the same page. Drew Brees is probably the best at it. Tom Brady is excellent at it. Aaron Rogers, one of the best pure talents playing, isn't so good at it. Rah rah rah, you can stuff. I wan't a QB that inspires and instills confidence.

Totally agree with pretty much all of that. Cam Newton has always rubbed me the wrong way also. I'm fine with confidence, even maybe a little arrogance, but within reason. You don't have to broadcast every bit of how much you think of yourself. Now the Panthers have Teddy Bridgewater, who appears to be the polar opposite of that. I've never heard a single negative thing about Bridgewater and it seems he is liked by all. I used to think Aaron Rogers handled things pretty well but it hasn't looked like that's been the case the last few years.

#36 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:53 PM

Brady is officially a Buccaneer. I think I read the contract is for 2 years, so have to get to work quick.

Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 March 2020 - 12:58 AM

You see guys, your beer belly, Monday morning QB blow hard gets all rowdy about the Tom Brady move, but it's moves like this that flies under those posers' radars, and only the true football savant knows its potential value and that these kind of moves will have a quality impact that most purported football experts have the inability to see when they happen.

Posted Image

Time for muh Steelers to get the ship righted. AFC North aint no cake walk (cept the Shits, errr Browns) and Ravens looking saawceee! Hopefully Big Ben is back in form and we can spank dat yaaaaas!

#38 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:15 AM

Question marks that can't be answered will be a problem. Teams will want to know how he has recovered from the hip injury he suffered at the end of the season.

Posted Image

Also HaHa Clinton-Dix is going to the Dallas Cowboys. Not that it is anything major, other then: HAHA Clinton's Dick!

Posted Image

#39 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:10 PM

Posted Image(︶︿︶)_╭∩╮Posted ImagePosted Image(︶︿︶)_╭∩╮Posted ImagePosted Image(︶︿︶)_╭∩╮Posted ImagePosted Image(︶︿︶)_╭∩╮Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:39 PM

Dang, Big Ben looking wildery.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic