• You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C Signups

#41 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:24 AM

Yup!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#42 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:27 AM

So something I have just noticed, however, is that Purple, Green, Red are all 1 additional space away from MR than anyone else, so players who choose that starting position will start with 2 TGs.

#43 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:44 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 02 October 2019 - 04:27 AM, said:

So something I have just noticed, however, is that Purple, Green, Red are all 1 additional space away from MR than anyone else, so players who choose that starting position will start with 2 TGs.

I did mention that earlier. That's why the older layout had some hexes missing in the 4th ring, to be able to set those outer 3 HWs one hex closer in without putting them 2-steps away from another HW.

On the flip side, those 3 hexes that are further out have fewer hexes adjacent to their HW, so they're more defensible as a tradeoff for the distance. If you want to give them TG to make up for the distance, I'd suggest maybe adding 3 blank hexes (one between red and blue, one between green and cyan, one between orange and purple) so they're not getting both TG and defensiveness. Thoughts?

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#44 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:59 AM

View PostD, on 02 October 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 02 October 2019 - 04:27 AM, said:

I did mention that earlier. That's why the older layout had some hexes missing in the 4th ring, to be able to set those outer 3 HWs one hex closer in without putting them 2-steps away from another HW.

On the flip side, those 3 hexes that are further out have fewer hexes adjacent to their HW, so they're more defensible as a tradeoff for the distance. If you want to give them TG to make up for the distance, I'd suggest maybe adding 3 blank hexes (one between red and blue, one between green and cyan, one between orange and purple) so they're not getting both TG and defensiveness. Thoughts?

You're right that they have fewer hexes adjacent to their homeworlds, but they are still the same amount of hexes away from anyone else's homeworlds as anyone else is. Not certain the blank hexes are necessary, but always willing to listen to other people's opinions!

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 02 October 2019 - 04:59 AM

#45 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:07 AM

I don't like extra starting tg's. If we want to compensate the factions further away from mex, a better way would be to give them easier access to their better blue tiles. I.E. they get a top tier blue tile next to home, while others have to move further.

Starting tg's really mess with the balance/design of some home systems, particularly Naalu can now buy a token and a tech r1 without having to trade with anyone, which they normally can't with their 3/1 and 0/2 home system.

#46 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:39 AM

I agree with Jazzarm on the tgs. I’d also personally prefer not to have any factions banned. I enjoy variety more than I do rigorous balance, but I’ll have fun either way if that’s the option you guys prefer.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#47 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:41 AM

I have submitted my hexes.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#48 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:49 AM

Against any banning as well
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#49 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

I am for banning, I feel like games get more interesting instead of having Jol-Naar, SOL, Nekro in each game .

I am gainst TG's with starting, some factions with slow starts become immensely powerfull (Arborec, Naalu etc.).

What is the right way to submit my hexes ?

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 02 October 2019 - 11:02 AM

#50 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 02 October 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

I am for banning, I feel like games get more interesting instead of having Jol-Naar, SOL, Nekro in each game .

I am gainst TG's with starting, some factions become with slow starts immensely powerfull (Arborec, Naalu etc.).

I replied to the dm, allocating a letter for each hex then the name of which system to each letter. There's no specific way we do it. Just use the Home system as your starting hex and use direction like North, East etc.

#51 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 October 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

View PostToasTer86, on 02 October 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

I am gainst TG's with starting, some factions become with slow starts immensely powerfull (Arborec, Naalu etc.).

I replied to the dm, allocating a letter for each hex then the name of which system to each letter. There's no specific way we do it. Just use the Home system as your starting hex and use direction like North, East etc.

This works!

Each hex has a number, you can just let me know via your game PM which number you'd like on which part of your slice. Just orient them starting from the HW! :)

#52 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:27 PM

So far it looks like we're against starting TGs, but kind of split down the middle regards a ban phase. I'm leaning towards a ban phase at the moment just to give it a shot, but I'll still hold my decision to see what a couple of the people who haven't commented on it have to say, if anything!

#53 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

What sorts of ban will be in place? Have you considered how you'd impliment that?

#54 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 October 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

What sorts of ban will be in place? Have you considered how you'd impliment that?

I'd do it like Jazzarm suggested above. I'd have everyone vote for five races they would like to ban. The 7 races with the most votes would be removed from race selection choices.

#55 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

I have send my hexes, hope they make sense. Blue is not going to have a fun time. They really got dealt a shitty hand of planets.
Tried to make the best of what they got.

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 02 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

#56 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 02 October 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 02 October 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

I'd do it like Jazzarm suggested above. I'd have everyone vote for five races they would like to ban. The 7 races with the most votes would be removed from race selection choices.

I don't mind either way then.

#57 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:30 PM

I've submitted my hexes. Grey got some nice ones, I tried to balance them by putting the best ones far away, in the danger zone!

#58 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

Just need Khell and IH's tile placements and I'll be able to build the map!

#59 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:39 PM

Quick FYI - it has been brought to my attention that there are only 20 SOs in the SO deck, but that if every player draws up to their 3 SO limit we would need 27 total. This has never been an issue in our previous 9-player games, but it's something I had not thought of even being a possibility before. The way I've decided to deal with this is that if we use up the 20 SOs in the deck, and only once all 20 have been used, I will reshuffle a full deck of SOs and the next 7 to be drawn will be duplicate SOs for those who draw them.

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 02 October 2019 - 02:40 PM

#60 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:52 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 02 October 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Quick FYI - it has been brought to my attention that there are only 20 SOs in the SO deck, but that if every player draws up to their 3 SO limit we would need 27 total. This has never been an issue in our previous 9-player games, but it's something I had not thought of even being a possibility before. The way I've decided to deal with this is that if we use up the 20 SOs in the deck, and only once all 20 have been used, I will reshuffle a full deck of SOs and the next 7 to be drawn will be duplicate SOs for those who draw them.

Seems reasonable.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users