• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C Signups

#1 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:32 PM

Alright, so as to give Gnaw however much time he needs to deal with whatever is going on in his life, but to still give those of us who need it a TI4 fix in the mean time, I figured we could start another game on the side.

I'd very much like to play so if like Khell or Drek want to mod that would be great (always happy to help with map updates regardless)! If not, I'll be happy to mod the game!

So who's in?

1. D'rek
2. Nom
3. IH
4. Jazzarm
5. Twelve
6. Khell
7. Morgoth
8. Tattersail
9. ToasTer86

Game Map:

Spoiler

Ban Phase Results

With a whopping 7 votes against them, the Sol race is the first to be removed from the game.

Then, with 6 votes each, Jol-Nar and Mentak are also removed.

Next, with 3 votes each, we have Hacan, Muaat and Saar.

Finally, with only 2 votes, the Yssaril.

Selection Phase Instructions

We will now begin the selection phase, which will proceed as follows:

The randomized selection order is Toaster > IH > Tattersail > Khellendros > ItWasNom > Jazzarm > Twelve > Drek > Morgoth.

We will be doing a snake draft. This means that Toaster will first choose his race, his starting position OR if the Speaker chip. We will then move on to IH, then Tattersail and so on until we reach Morgoth. Morgoth will choose first one of the three above choices, then a second one and we will make our way back through the list backwards until we reach Toaster.

Once everyone has done two selections, whatever is left at the end will be assigned appropriately (if the speaker token has been taken by someone, the person who chose it will be allowed to choose either their race or their starting position, whichever one they have not yet chosen; if no one has taken the speaker token by the time everyone has chosen two things each, then the speaker token will be assigned randomly).

Snake Draft Choices:

Toaster - picks HS #2
IH - picks HS #8
Tattersail - HS #5
Khellendros - HS #9
ItWasNom - HS #3
Jazzarm - HS #4
Twelve - Speaker Token
Drek - HS #6
Morgoth - Creuss
Morgoth - HS #1
Drek - Nekro
Twelve - Arborec
Jazzarm - L1Z1X
ItWasNom - Xxcha
Khellendros - Letnev
Tattersail - Sardak N'orr
IH - Yin
Toaster - Naalu
Twelve - HS #7

The following races are available for race selection:

Arborec
Creuss
L1Z1X
Letnev
Naalu
Nekro
Sardakk
Winnu
Xxcha
Yin

The starting locations are numbered from 1 to 9 on the map in the OP of this thread. This post will be added to the OP of this thread. Please post your race/starting positon or speaker token selection in this thread.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:13 PM

View PostBlend, on 26 September 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

So who's in?

that'd be me
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#3 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:35 PM

I'm in

#4 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:26 PM

Hey, I saw your reddit post and I'd like to participate in this PBF. I've played a lot of TI4 on TTS (~75 games) but never this way. I'm currently reading through the forums to see how you guys do things and I'll probably have many questions. I'm from EU but I can check in twice a day to hopefully keep the game moving.

#5 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:34 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 26 September 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Hey, I saw your reddit post and I'd like to participate in this PBF. I've played a lot of TI4 on TTS (~75 games) but never this way. I'm currently reading through the forums to see how you guys do things and I'll probably have many questions. I'm from EU but I can check in twice a day to hopefully keep the game moving.

Welcome Jazzarm!! We always welcome NEW BLOOD to the cauldron! :)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have!

Majority of the important information will be in the reference thread!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#6 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:35 PM

View PostBlend, on 26 September 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

View PostJazzarm, on 26 September 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Welcome Jazzarm!! We always welcome NEW BLOOD to the cauldron! :)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have!

Majority of the important information will be in the reference thread!

Also, about half our players are in the UK, Czech and, uhm, one of those Scandinavian countries (I think Morgoth is Norwegian, right guys?), while the other half are on this side of the pond in Canada and the US, so your being in the EU should not be a problem at all!

#7 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:05 PM

In
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#8 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:06 PM

With Gnaw AWOL, I believe I'm the only one
From the States
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#9 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

I’ll play but I’ll be too busy with work to mod till probably January I’m afraid.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#10 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:01 AM

I'm very much in if there's room!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#11 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

I'm in too if possible
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#12 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:02 PM

If I am modding, we have room for 2 more.

If Drek pops in and offers to mod, we have room for only 1 more.

For a 9 player game, obviously!

If we get more than 9 signups (I'm still holding out hope we can pull some more of the people in the TI4 reddit over to play), then I'll consider running two games simultaneously depending on how many signups we get!

#13 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:57 PM

Hey
I saw your post on the reddit. I would love to try this. Will have some questions how.
But I have a about 60+ games TI4 on TTS and 20+ in real life.

Let me know,

ToasTer

#14 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:05 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 27 September 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Hey
I saw your post on the reddit. I would love to try this. Will have some questions how.
But I have a about 60+ games TI4 on TTS and 20+ in real life.

Let me know,

ToasTer

Welcome!! I'll add you to the list of participants!

Mostly the game is played the same as a regular game, except that we have added tiles to make a bigger map as well as a 9th strategy card (with modifications to 1 or 2 other strategy cards) so we can run 9 player games.

We also have modified how we do secondaries (you do all secondaries at the beginning of your turn after the primary was played as opposed to right after the primary is played, so as to keep the game moving at a regular pace) and how we do agendas (both agendas are revealed at the beginning of the status phase, you have to play riders and any other abilities that affect the agendas during your status phase, you vote for both agendas at the same time during the agenda phase). The end of first post in the Twilight Imperium Reference Thread in this forum has all the forum specific rules laid out pretty clearly.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, I'll be happy to answer any you might have! :)

#15 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:06 PM

Got space for 1 more player for a 9 player game if I'm modding, none if someone else mods.

If we get more than 1 more signup, we can consider running two simultaneous games again.

#16 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

Alright, I guess I am going to aim to have the game start next Monday, October 7th or so. I'll send a quick message to Drek, see if she'll fill our last spot for us so we can do a 9-player game. Otherwise, maybe I'll run 2 4-player games as I'm not great at building the maps without help, so building an 8 player map would likely end up with a really unbalanced map.

#17 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:25 PM

To Jazzarm and ToasTer, in order to make a 9 player game work, we have created a new strategy card called Logistics (which is just basically the Warfare strategy with a new name) and have modified the Warfare strategy.

The 9 Strategy Cards can be found in the Twilight Imperium Reference Thread for your information!

#18 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

Reviewing the last few games, I think we'll build the map the same way we did in the game that Khell modded (Game 3). That means that everyone will be assigned a slice on the following map:

Posted Image

And will be given random tiles which they will then decide how to place in their slice.

For those who were not here for that game, just because you are assigned a slice for the map build does not mean you will be on that slice in the game.

We will choose starting locations and races using a snake draft.

So I will randomize the list of players, then the first player on the randomized list will choose either their starting location OR their race OR the Speaker token. Then the second player will do so, then the third and so on until the 9th player, who will first choose either their Race, starting location OR speaker, then choose one of the others that s/he hasn't yet chosen, then player 8 will go, then 7, and so on. After everyone has chosen, whatever is remaining will get assigned to whoever is missing it (i.e. if someone chose the speaker token, that person will get to choose either their race or starting position which they will not have done yet. If not, then speaker token will get assigned randomly).

Initiative order for the strategy phase will always be clockwise around the "table."

#19 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:25 AM

sounds good blend! I for one think that an 8 player game, even if the map becomes a little unbalanced, is better than two 4 player games. Bigger games are always more fun in my opinion :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#20 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:44 PM

Alright, Drek has confirmed that she is in, so we have our 9 players!

I'll therefore get the map building stuff started this evening most likely!

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users