Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones: Final Season - Malazan Empire

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game of Thrones: Final Season /spoilers!!!!

#621 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:38 AM

View PostNevyn, on 21 May 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

What a stupid waste of tine of a last episode. Bran as king is stupid, a peaceful resolution with the dothraki and unsullied bullshit especially with no one dying.

And apparently Jon returned from the dead to do nothing, kill his aunt and then go away and live out his days.

Just bleh. But at least Bronn is fixing the brothels

Elevating their Q rating....

#622 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:43 AM

Posted Image

#623 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:49 AM

I actually remember an interview from a few years back (Season 5 maybe ?), where some of the actors were asked who they would like to sit on the Iron Throne. Isaac Hempstead Wright actually hoped Bran would be king. I guess Benioff and Weiss wanted to make him happy. Can't remember anyone else who thought that Bran would be a good idea

Started this season with low expectations and still got disappointed

Did I miss any prior mentionings of Arya wanting to see what's in the west? Or did they just decide that they needed to reference Lord of the Rings with someone sailing into the west?

Also I nearly got kicked from my friends discord yesterday for pointing out plotholes. Discussions about the quality of this season can be difficult if the other party values visuals and music higher than plot Posted Image

#624 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:19 AM

I think everyone should sign the petition to get it remade

#625 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 20 May 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

The only good thing this season was Dany dying.

Does that make her Dany Dyer?

#626 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:45 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 21 May 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

I actually remember an interview from a few years back (Season 5 maybe ?), where some of the actors were asked who they would like to sit on the Iron Throne. Isaac Hempstead Wright actually hoped Bran would be king. I guess Benioff and Weiss wanted to make him happy. Can't remember anyone else who thought that Bran would be a good idea

Started this season with low expectations and still got disappointed

Did I miss any prior mentionings of Arya wanting to see what's in the west? Or did they just decide that they needed to reference Lord of the Rings with someone sailing into the west?

Also I nearly got kicked from my friends discord yesterday for pointing out plotholes. Discussions about the quality of this season can be difficult if the other party values visuals and music higher than plot Posted Image

They co-opted the story line of a character from Fire & Blood book who sails west of Westeros.
I like to believe that she escaped the faceless men this way.
And maybe a nod to the Vikings (who the Northmen resemble with the old gods and all that)

This post has been edited by nacht: 21 May 2019 - 07:46 AM

#627 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:48 AM

View Postnacht, on 21 May 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

like to believe that she escaped the faceless men this way.

I wish they had at least hinted this may have been important

#628 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:50 AM

View PostNevyn, on 21 May 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

What a stupid waste of tine of a last episode. Bran as king is stupid, a peaceful resolution with the dothraki and unsullied bullshit especially with no one dying.

And apparently Jon returned from the dead to do nothing, kill his aunt and then go away and live out his days.

Just bleh. But at least Bronn is fixing the brothels

Bran the Broken. (Why do you think I came here! Wow That was corny). Why people like Yara would bend the knee to Bran when even his sister didn't.
There are fan theories out there that the three eyed raven, who might actually be Bloodraven warged into Bran.

#629 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:32 AM

Sansa: the men of the North will not bend the knee again.
Also Sansa: *everyone bends the knee to her*
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#630 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 21 May 2019 - 08:32 AM, said:

Yip its silly becuase she meant they wont bend the knee to an outsider but bran is not an outsider. Though I guess anyone from any of the great houses could be voted king when he dies. Im guessing Bron the second of his name.

However the ending is ridiculous. Their is no reason for the bonds of fealty from the six remaining kingdoms and the iron island to remain strong enough to keep the federation united. Bron if by some miracle can actually stay the lord paramount of the reach (The hightowers and the redwynes will gut him) he controls more gold, men and land than any other 3 kingdoms combined. Civil war is inevitable.

This post has been edited by Cause: 21 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

#631 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:56 AM

Just announced: three more seasons (at least) to cover Sansa's 'Nexit' negotiations.

#632 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:09 AM

View Postnacht, on 21 May 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

They co-opted the story line of a character from Fire & Blood book who sails west of Westeros.
I like to believe that she escaped the faceless men this way.
And maybe a nod to the Vikings (who the Northmen resemble with the old gods and all that)

Also: sequel milk cow.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#633 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 21 May 2019 - 08:32 AM, said:

The claimant avers that the fact that insufferable smuglet gained a throne is irrefutable evidence that this is the worst timeline.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#634 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:31 PM

View PostSerenity, on 21 May 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Just announced: three more seasons (at least) to cover Sansa's 'Nexit' negotiations.

More entertaining than brexit and the backstabbing is likely to be literal...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#635 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:52 PM

Re: Bran on the Iron Throne (symbolically, if not physically....because it's gone).

This is GRRM's plan, and always has been. The opening of the entire series from a POV angle happens on Bran chapters. Anyone expecting that this isn't what will happen in the books...? Cause it will.

And you know what I think a lot of people maybe missed? Bran rolled into that small council meeting, and basically CEDED control of the kingdom to Tyrion anyways. He's like "You all good? K, I'ma go warg the dragon and see what he's up to. Later days!"

Oh, and another thing people seemed to comment on and had a problem with...spending the time to show Tyrion straightening the chairs. People have been saying it was waste of time...it was not. It was Tyrion looking at them and thinking about how he would not have given a shit when he was previously a Hand/on the Small Council...but he looks, sees them astray and says to himself "No, we are going to do it RIGHT this time" and straightens them. It's a TINY moment, and it might seem a waste of time, but it was 100% to show that Tyrion had basically decided to try to aim the kingdom in the right direction and start with "order".

As to Jon, as I said it's weird for the Nights Watch to still exist when there is nothing to watch...but from the sense that they will always need a place to send the criminals...it works I guess.

Though consider me disappointed that Drogon didn't take Dany north and get her resurrected as a Flame Queen or something...
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#636 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:02 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 May 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

Re: Bran on the Iron Throne (symbolically, if not physically....because it's gone).

This is GRRM's plan, and always has been. The opening of the entire series from a POV angle happens on Bran chapters. Anyone expecting that this isn't what will happen in the books...? Cause it will.

I can believe that. Yet another reason why I should just write my own books - I get too disappointed - I usually latch onto way different characters than the author intends me to, or someone that is barely present.
The Jon Snow character was the only thing that made the GOT story interesting to me, and I was very intrigued and happy when he turned out to be Aegon - for it then to not go anywhere was just a punch in the gut. The whole story with his parents, and everything that went into actually saving his ass, first when he was born, and then to revive him, to just have him go back to where he started with everyone just ignoring the fact that he DOES have the best claim to the throne is just STUPID. I don't want to think about it too much, because I'll just get pissed off.
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#637 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostGem Windcaster, on 21 May 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

I can believe that. Yet another reason why I should just write my own books - I get too disappointed - I usually latch onto way different characters than the author intends me to, or someone that is barely present.
The Jon Snow character was the only thing that made the GOT story interesting to me, and I was very intrigued and happy when he turned out to be Aegon - for it then to not go anywhere was just a punch in the gut. The whole story with his parents, and everything that went into actually saving his ass, first when he was born, and then to revive him, to just have him go back to where he started with everyone just ignoring the fact that he DOES have the best claim to the throne is just STUPID. I don't want to think about it too much, because I'll just get pissed off.

That's quite a fair point, but I think a lot of people (myself 100% included) didn't recall who/what we were reading....a fantasy book series that was bucking every single fantasy trope we know of for books and books...so at the last when Jon doesn't get the throne, I slapped my head and went..."Of course he doesn't...that's what we expected to happen, so of course GRRM planned it otherwise"

And isn't there book precedent for a true heir/best claim to the throne going to there Night's Watch instead, ceding control to a younger brother? Maester Aemon chose to not take the throne when his time came for him to do so, and ceded it to his younger brother Egg (Aegon V) instead.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#638 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:18 PM

Something to hopefully bring a smile to your face.

Some of the text is on the screen a bit too fast so it's worth pausing...

https://www.reddit.c...nding_wins_the/
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#639 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:26 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 21 May 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Something to hopefully bring a smile to your face.

Some of the text is on the screen a bit too fast so it's worth pausing...

https://www.reddit.c...nding_wins_the/

I wish I could give you more rep for this...PERFECTION! LOL

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 21 May 2019 - 01:27 PM

#640 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 May 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

View PostGem Windcaster, on 21 May 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

That's quite a fair point, but I think a lot of people (myself 100% included) didn't recall who/what we were reading....a fantasy book series that was bucking every single fantasy trope we know of for books and books...so at the last when Jon doesn't get the throne, I slapped my head and went..."Of course he doesn't...that's what we expected to happen, so of course GRRM planned it otherwise"

And isn't there book precedent for a true heir/best claim to the throne going to there Night's Watch instead, ceding control to a younger brother? Maester Aemon chose to not take the throne when his time came for him to do so, and ceded it to his younger brother Egg (Aegon V) instead.

I know that writers tend to want to surprise the readers, but sometimes it just pisses me off tbh. It's all about the payoff, surprise or no surprise. I don't really care if I'm surprised - all I care about is if the payoff is good enough and that we get a great story that the characters deserve and that makes the story worth it. The ending is what makes me reread something, not that I was 'surprised'. Fuck surprises.
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users