Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones: Final Season - Malazan Empire

• 37 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game of Thrones: Final Season /spoilers!!!!

#21 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:55 PM

In S7, Sansa made her the delegate to the meeting in King's Landing with Cersei, Jon, Dany, etc. so she was there last we saw her. Why she's not with Pod in S8E1 is unknown.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#22 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

About Arya's weapon being forged. I've read theories it is a spear/javelin like weapon, so to be thrown at frozen Viserion?

So, how many direwolves are left? Arya's (Nymeria) is running about the Riverlands with its own pack, right? And Jon's (Ghost) is still alive but whereabouts unknown, right? So two direwolves still kickin' it "the north remembers" style?

#23 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 April 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

About Arya's weapon being forged. I've read theories it is a spear/javelin like weapon, so to be thrown at frozen Viserion?

So, how many direwolves are left? Arya's (Nymeria) is running about the Riverlands with its own pack, right? And Jon's (Ghost) is still alive but whereabouts unknown, right? So two direwolves still kickin' it "the north remembers" style?

You're not meant to notice the direwolves. You're gonna ruin the ex machina for yourself.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#24 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

As for Brienne, she was there, just no speaking role.

With Jamie now arrived, that should change next episode.

Not much for her to do the first episode. No Tormund, no battles, no Jamie, and Sansa was busy condescending to Jon and throwing shade at Dany.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#25 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:48 PM

Posted Image

#26 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:47 AM

I dont remember what happened between Cersei and Jaime.
The episode seems to imply that both her brothers are traitors.
And was Jaime travelling alone?

#27 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:56 AM

I'm unclear about that too. But does it have something to do with Cersei being pregnant (or not) and why she let Euron into her bed? To put said baby into her because she wasn't really preggers?

[EDIT] Also, when she required the meeting with Bronn (interrupting his sexy time), was it implied that the crossbow she tasked him with was her poetic justice for Tyrion, but she would be pleased if both Tyrion and Jaime met their end by it?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 17 April 2019 - 03:00 AM

#28 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:48 AM

Jaime left Cersei's side to join the fight up north at the end of s7, after she revealed to him she was lying about the Lannister army joining. To be specific, they had a heated confrontation about it in her office, and she almost had the Mountain execute him, but ultimately couldn't do it (similar to the scene she had with Tyrion right after the Dragon Pit meeting). So Jaime did travel alone, and my read of the crossbow scene is that she was definitely hiring Bronn to kill them both, but especially Tyrion.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#29 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:03 AM

View Postworry, on 17 April 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

Jaime left Cersei's side to join the fight up north at the end of s7, after she revealed to him she was lying about the Lannister army joining. To be specific, they had a heated confrontation about it in her office, and she almost had the Mountain execute him, but ultimately couldn't do it (similar to the scene she had with Tyrion right after the Dragon Pit meeting). So Jaime did travel alone, and my read of the crossbow scene is that she was definitely hiring Bronn to kill them both, but especially Tyrion.

Thanks Worry.
So taking bets on whether Bronn will kill these guys :-)

#30 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:15 AM

First ep was OK. The perpetual smugness of literally every female character has grown beyond wearisome and at this stage there isn't one among their number I really want to make it through this season. If anything, I'd rather the Others kill everything. Best potential ending.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#31 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:29 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 17 April 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

The perpetual smugness of literally every female character has grown beyond wearisome and at this stage there isn't one among their number I really want to make it through this season.

Because Theon Greyjoy (pre-Reek), Euron Greyjoy, Jaime Lannister (until very recently), Tyrion Lannister, Tywin Lannister, Joffrey Baratheon, Loras Tyrell, Littlefinger, Randyll Tarly, most of the Citadel, Jorah Mormont and Daario Naharis, to name just the first few that popped into my head, were never one-note smug at all, either at different points or permanently?

Cersei is the Mad Queen, of course she's smug. Arya just isn't scared of anyone any more because she's an assassin, and Sansa is clearly fed up of being the only person who can see through Cersei and see the problems an alliance with Dany brings. And Dany herself has learned the dangerous lesson that she can burn people who won't submit to her - so yeah, there's some smug there.

I'm not really seeing where it's a failing particular to the female characters, but there you go.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 17 April 2019 - 07:29 AM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#32 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:33 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 17 April 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 17 April 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

The perpetual smugness of literally every female character has grown beyond wearisome and at this stage there isn't one among their number I really want to make it through this season.

Because Theon Greyjoy (pre-Reek), Euron Greyjoy, Jaime Lannister (until very recently), Tyrion Lannister, Tywin Lannister, Joffrey Baratheon, Loras Tyrell, Littlefinger, Randyll Tarly, most of the Citadel, Jorah Mormont and Daario Naharis, to name just the first few that popped into my head, were never one-note smug at all, either at different points or permanently?

Cersei is the Mad Queen, of course she's smug. Arya just isn't scared of anyone any more because she's an assassin, and Sansa is clearly fed up of being the only person who can see through Cersei and see the problems an alliance with Dany brings. And Dany herself has learned the dangerous lesson that she can burn people who won't submit to her - so yeah, there's some smug there.

I'm not really seeing where it's a failing particular to the female characters, but there you go.

Some smug is an understatement. There's so much smug that you could roll the u one vowel back alphabetically and you'd be in London circa the 1800s.

As for the smug guys -they're dead or broken, so don't matter now.

I mostly chalk it up to the bad writing of the last few seasons because up until probably late S6 I bought into all the characters I now can't stand.

#33 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:40 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 17 April 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Some smug is an understatement. There's so much smug that you could roll the u one vowel back alphabetically and you'd be in London circa the 1800s.

Okay, I don't agree but that genuinely made me laugh!

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 17 April 2019 - 07:40 AM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#34 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:16 AM

Clearly Jon's targy reveal to Dany is going to be undermined by Sam being the source given what Danny did to his family, and no one quite knows what to make of Bran. More scheming and factions to come.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#35 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

View PostAbyss, on 15 April 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

I believe he was also the kid running through the crowd at the beginning?

nah, that was a different kid. They were trying to set up a link to the start of season 1 episode 1 where Arya does a similar run to see the Baratheons arrive at Winterfell. Hence the camera panning from the young kid to an older Arya. The Umber kid we first saw in the great hall when he was asking for horses and wagons. Clearly he returned too late to Last Hearth and got Night King'd.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#36 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 17 April 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

I mostly chalk it up to the bad writing of the last few seasons because up until probably late S6 I bought into all the characters I now can't stand.

Nah, it's just you bro.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#37 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:23 PM

Aren't you mixing up smugness with characters being older and wiser than at the start of the series?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#38 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:11 PM

I too disagree with Maark about the smugness. The Tyrells and Sand Snakes were more smug than this and they're all dead.

I do disagree with Arya not being afraid anymore. Her chief worry right now is that Jon will betray the family she loves in order to do something else. She is deeply afraid still, even with the powers and training of a Faceless. It's just that the things she's afraid of have changed from being killed by this person or other more to losing those she holds dear.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#39 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:21 PM

View PostGorefest, on 17 April 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Aren't you mixing up smugness with characters being older and wiser than at the start of the series?

This.

Example: Sansa started out as this naive 14-year old who was literally separated from family, dragged through the royal courts of the land by one of the worst and most conniving queens to ever sit the throne, she's treated like shit the whole time....and she watched. She learned.

Now, she's a take-no-shit character who is wiser than most of the people in the story currently because she's watched the worst of the worst operate and seen TONNES of shit in the years since she landed on Cersei's radar...

This is character growth, not remotely smugness.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#40 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:45 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 April 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 17 April 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

This.

Example: Sansa started out as this naive 14-year old who was literally separated from family, dragged through the royal courts of the land by one of the worst and most conniving queens to ever sit the throne, she's treated like shit the whole time....and she watched. She learned.

Now, she's a take-no-shit character who is wiser than most of the people in the story currently because she's watched the worst of the worst operate and seen TONNES of shit in the years since she landed on Cersei's radar...

This is character growth, not remotely smugness.

I mean... Snark and smug to the point of having a smug-off with the generally dreadful Dany... There are ways to portray someone in the manner that you describe rather than 1D smug (see: Yara Greyjoy in this episode).

That said, the character of Sansa has always been pretty unbearable so get them Others down and kill her off.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook