Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#4341 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 17 May 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 17 May 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

If anyone has anything else that might help me keep Silvano, I'm willing to pay for it!

Actually if you give me enough TGs to complete the 10tg objective I might leave you to it

That's the boring way tho

Should have asked for this before I blockaded Silvano but it's not like I planned it in advance

Alright, so you'll be getting 3TGs from flipping your commodities after Trade is played right? So technically you'd have 5, so would need an additional 5TGs to claim the objective? I'd be willing to pay you 5TGs for you to clear out from Silvano. Doesn't even have to be this round as I won't be able to produce this round anyway after I put a token on there when I use the Construction secondary. As long as you promise to do it like first action next round, I'd be willing to do the trade, though I'd much prefer if you did it this round and we do the trade on the turn you clear out so that we can do a binding deal.

Of course, if someone has a better deal for me, my ears are still open. But given I was willing to pay 4TGs to IH for a racial that would have only given me a chance to keep Silvano, I'd be willing to pay you 5TGs to definitely leave Silvano in my hands.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4342 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

Constitution day and Eurovision is monopolizing my time. I’ll post tomorrow.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4343 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:57 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 18 May 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Eurovision is monopolizing my time.

Well. UK got 16 points. Was the guy really that bad or was that Europe’s way of telling the U.K. not to let the doorknob hit them in the ass on their way out?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4344 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

View PostGnaw, on 19 May 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Well. UK got 16 points. Was the guy really that bad or was that Europe’s way of telling the U.K. not to let the doorknob hit them in the ass on their way out?

At this point, it’s hard to tell. 16 points was actually a pretty decent return considering the past few years of results!

#4345 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 19 May 2019 - 11:18 PM

I take it that today is Constitution Day Hangover Day?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4346 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:21 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 19 May 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

Well. UK got 16 points. Was the guy really that bad or was that Europe's way of telling the U.K. not to let the doorknob hit them in the ass on their way out?

At this point, it's hard to tell. 16 points was actually a pretty decent return considering the past few years of results!

The UK song was terrible! And not the good kind of terrible. It was just bad in a boring way.

My favourite was San Marino. Eurovision distilled and served in liquid form.

#4347 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:29 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 20 May 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

Well. UK got 16 points. Was the guy really that bad or was that Europe's way of telling the U.K. not to let the doorknob hit them in the ass on their way out?

At this point, it's hard to tell. 16 points was actually a pretty decent return considering the past few years of results!

The UK song was terrible! And not the good kind of terrible. It was just bad in a boring way.

Do you like Eurovision? I haven't watched it in years and have so much disdain for it. It is not really a competition were ability matters, or the best country wins. It's all Political. So I know I throw that comment out there without going deeper into it, but as someone from a different country I'd like your take on it and why you like it.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4348 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:49 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 20 May 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

Do you like Eurovision? I haven't watched it in years and have so much disdain for it. It is not really a competition were ability matters, or the best country wins. It's all Political. So I know I throw that comment out there without going deeper into it, but as someone from a different country I'd like your take on it and why you like it.

There is a political aspect of it sure, but to argue it's all political is silly. Israel won last year. The Netherlands won this year. Sweden I think, the year before. Where was the politics in those victories I wonder?

Eurovision is spectacular, bombastic, silly fun.

#4349 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:59 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 20 May 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

There is a political aspect of it sure, but to argue it's all political is silly. Israel won last year. The Netherlands won this year. Sweden I think, the year before. Where was the politics in those victories I wonder?

Were those countries the deserved winners? Honestly no idea and only guesses about the politics but it's been a thing over here for years and years. I was wondering if it is seen the same over there.

#4350 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:03 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 20 May 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

Were those countries the deserved winners? Honestly no idea and only guesses about the politics but it's been a thing over here for years and years. I was wondering if it is seen the same over there.

Who knows what constitutes a deserved winner? It's a music contest, not a sports event. Music is subjective.

#4351 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:16 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 20 May 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 20 May 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

Who knows what constitutes a deserved winner? It's a music contest, not a sports event. Music is subjective.

Eurovision actually tries painfully hard to be apolitical. Why do you think almost all the songs chosen as the entries are love songs/personal empowerment messages/the occasional hardcore thrash metal?

As Morgoth points out, winners have come from all over the place. What is politics of Netherlands winning this year? Presumably what you’re referring to is the (in)famous tendency of neighbouring countries to give each other maximum points? In reality, this is actually happening less and less, with the only standout example still being Greece and Cyprus. Voting for neighbours may also have been more to do with language similarity, something that has been done away with once everyone was allowed to sing in English if they wanted.

Let’s also take into account that Eurovision voting is done, since 1998, by the public and by a jury of music professionals. So it’s political only in the sense that all democratic voting is political. In the same way that, say, Strictly Come Dancing is political.

Finally, you also equate politicisation as an inherently negative thing. It’s not. Take for example the region I’m from - the Balkans. Considering their history, I don’t see how these countries giving each other max points is a bad thing. It feels like a tiny yet important gesture, the fact that the public wants to acknowledge the efforts of people they were once in conflict with. And neither is it negative to draw publicity to an important political issue, as for instance the Ukraine entry did following the annexation of Crimea.

That’s not to say that Eurovision doesn’t have controversies. I’d rather that it hadn’t staged in Israel this year for example, but hey, they won fair and square last year. Also I swear the songs get worse every single year. I fear that one day they will all cross over the point from good-bad to bad-bad.

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 20 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

#4352 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:20 PM

Also congrats Tapper on winning Eurovision!

#4353 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

So before Morgoth's turn is over, I can, with Tapper's help, keep Morgoth from scoring a stage II PO. The problem is Tatts. I have an action card I would like to use but I need assurances from Tatts that he will take his fleet South or elsewhere other than my territory.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4354 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:16 PM

I have tatts ceasefire.

I am willing to trade it to you via tapper if tatts proves unreasonable.

#4355 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

View Posttwelve, on 20 May 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

So before Morgoth's turn is over, I can, with Tapper's help, keep Morgoth from scoring a stage II PO. The problem is Tatts. I have an action card I would like to use but I need assurances from Tatts that he will take his fleet South or elsewhere other than my territory.

Couple of things here.

First and foremost you should want to prevent Morgoth from winning if you can.

Second any action cards will be wasted on me and you cannot know they'd be wasted on Morgoth.

Thirdly if you use an action card on me next turn then I WILL blockade your home system to prevent you from building ships.

I don't intend to stay in your systems. You have a token in the system you retreated to already. I will put one of your tokens in the other system so you won't be able to move into that one. You're intending to use logistics to build in your home system and I am telling you to plan differently. If you build in your home system on your next turn and trade Tapper the action card then you've got a great shot at scoring a 2 VP objective still and it prevents Morgoth like you want.

If you want me to leave your systems well and truly alone then pay me 9 TG's to fulfil the other 2VP objective and I promise i'll not take any more of your systems.

#4356 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

So Tatts is being unreasonable. And Tatts I have multiple action cards to use against either you or Morgoth so you will need multiple Sabotage action cards to prevent me from stopping either one of you .
IH if I get Tatts Ceasefire before his next action I'll use the action cards on Morgoth. His ceasefire will stop him from even getting past my destroyers.

This post has been edited by twelve: 20 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4357 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 20 May 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

I have tatts ceasefire.

Won't be able to trade until Tapper's turn, and if this happens it'll force me to try and take his home system completely not just blockade.

You're very good at offering out my things IH traded to you fair and square. I dealt with you in good faith.

#4358 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:27 PM

View Posttwelve, on 20 May 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

So Tatts is being unreasonable. And Tatts I have multiple action cards to use against either you or Morgoth so you will need multiple Sabotage action cards to prevent me from stopping either one of you .
IH if I get Tatts Ceasefire before his next action I'll use the action cards on Morgoth. His ceasefire will stop him from even getting past my destroyers.

How am I? You are saying this because you believe you can win so what's the difference in me stopping you winning and you stopping Morgoth?

Tapper will only trade on his turn as per his rules stated at the beginning of the game.

#4359 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:29 PM

IH you also don't know either action card will prevent Morgoth from scoring a PO so you'd be taking a gamble that it could happen and that Twelve won't pip you to the post. No one is taking Rex off him now that he's got that fire power there, and if he has an action card that helps him take Imperial strategy card then it could be game over.

#4360 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 20 May 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 20 May 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

I have tatts ceasefire.

Won't be able to trade until Tapper's turn, and if this happens it'll force me to try and take his home system completely not just blockade.

You're very good at offering out my things IH traded to you fair and square. I dealt with you in good faith.

Tatts I bought things off you. At no point did you specify not trading them in the future. The only reason I bought them off you was
A) to stop you being overwhelmed by drek
And :p i thought i might gain a benefit trading them in the end game

If you thought you were trading them just to me i don't know what game you think you are playing...

If in future you want me to not trade your PNs please let me know up front and i will modify the price I'm willing to pay accordingly.

That said I realise you are attached to taking twelves systems and completing an objective, i have a support for the throne on offer to anyone who stops morgoth scoring a 2vp PO, could that change your calculations?

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users