• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#4301 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:05 PM

By the way, I still have 1 commodity from last round - Nom/Tapper, I don't think either of you border IH, so would either of you be willing to flip my commodity before Trade is played? Tapper, I only want your help with that IF we can't come to an agreement with IH to get Tatts' racial over to me.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4302 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

Map update will have to wait till tomorrow morning I’m afraid.

#4303 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:33 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

IH - I'm back to really wanting Tatts' racial.

Tapper - any chance we can make arrangements to trade that through you?

You're up next, so I figure if you trade with IH for the racial and trade the racial to me in exchange for 4 TGs, IH could then trade with you on his turn to receive 3 of those 4TGs and you'd get 1 for being our intermediary.

IH/Tapper - thoughts?

It prevents Nom from taking Silvano without having to use more troops to do so, so I think it would be beneficial to both of you, and potentially allow me to stay in the game a bit longer/cause some more ruckus.

EDIT: Plus, Tatts has used his ST, so you wouldn't be breaking that deal anymore IH.

I'm not giving up tatts racial unless it's in a binding deal for TG. 3 TG works for me.

#4304 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:37 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 14 May 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

You're up next, so I figure if you trade with IH for the racial and trade the racial to me in exchange for 4 TGs, IH could then trade with you on his turn to receive 3 of those 4TGs and you'd get 1 for being our intermediary.

IH/Tapper - thoughts?

It prevents Nom from taking Silvano without having to use more troops to do so, so I think it would be beneficial to both of you, and potentially allow me to stay in the game a bit longer/cause some more ruckus.

EDIT: Plus, Tatts has used his ST, so you wouldn't be breaking that deal anymore IH.

I'm not giving up tatts racial unless it's in a binding deal for TG. 3 TG works for me.

I have no way to do a binding deal with you, I dont think. I will have a look at the map to see if I can pull it off.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4305 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:41 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

IH/Tapper - thoughts?

I have no way to do a binding deal with you, I dont think. I will have a look at the map to see if I can pull it off.

If you give tapper 4 tg, he can give me 3 for the racial, then you can do a deal with tapper on your turn to trade for the racial. I'm pretty sure tapper will deal in good faith, but since it's endgame I'm only doing binding deals.

#4306 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

If that doesn't work for you blend let me know, you've given me warsuns so I'm inclined to be generous.

#4307 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:57 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

@Blend

I will not PDS upon you if you go to Herra, and if you have a way to stall a turn I might clear my cruiser off Quann too next turn

I mean, I'm not particularly happy that you blockaded Silvano - that was definitely where I was hoping to attempt to rebuild. Doesn't really matter if you move your ship from over Quann away, I can't build anything on there, so you've basically just neutered what little game I had left again.

Well the original deal was I only get your sftt after I obtain Silvano anyway

That's true - but given the way the game went, and given I cleared out Gwynan in the first place so you didn't have to face quite the fleet you otherwise would have when facing Gnaw there, I figured you'd leave me be in Silvano. It's clear, now, that you're going to take Silvano, so that makes my game over. All I'm good for if you do that is to sit back and watch the game, literally.

Just goes to show that I should have eliminated you right from the start instead of being a nice guy and keeping you in the game! :p

Well as I've said - I agree with that

I'm not particularly arsed - my game was over when Gnaw decided to take my HW. There's legit nothing I could have done at that point to save it in any lasting, real way. That being said, I honestly thought you were gonna let me keep the little corner of the galaxy that I still had.

My game was over when you blocked me in with my hw and Vefut

I considered leaving you free way to Quann this turn, but that wasn't ideal according to my potential plans so yeah

Still would do a 3:3 or whatevrr
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#4308 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:07 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 14 May 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

IH/Tapper - thoughts?

If you give tapper 4 tg, he can give me 3 for the racial, then you can do a deal with tapper on your turn to trade for the racial. I'm pretty sure tapper will deal in good faith, but since it's endgame I'm only doing binding deals.

...That's literally what I suggested. Right? I've had a look at the map, there is no other way that I can trade with you. I am willing to trust Tapper to be honest on this trade, if he is willing for it to go down as I suggested. On his turn, he trades with me first, I give him 4TG. He then, on the same turn, gives you 3TG in exchange for Tatts' racial. So you definitely get the TGs. Then it comes down to whether or not Tapper keeps his word and trades me the racial on my turn. It's a gamble, for sure, but I don't really have any other kinds of moves left, so I am willing to gamble on Tapper. Realistically, you're the one at the least amount of risk in this. If Tapper and you are willing to go forth with this deal, I'll gamble! :p

#4309 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:46 AM

That's the thing with the Muaat I think, having seen them in this game. Their only real advantage is the starting War Sun, and it is a terror for sure. But it steers you towards a strategy that'll make you an enemy of at least one neighbour very early in. That's a risky step as once the game progresses and the Muaat's late game weakness starts showing. They're perhaps the strongest early game faction, but fall quick towards the late game it seems to me.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4310 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:33 AM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

@Blend

I will not PDS upon you if you go to Herra, and if you have a way to stall a turn I might clear my cruiser off Quann too next turn

I mean, I'm not particularly happy that you blockaded Silvano - that was definitely where I was hoping to attempt to rebuild. Doesn't really matter if you move your ship from over Quann away, I can't build anything on there, so you've basically just neutered what little game I had left again.

Well the original deal was I only get your sftt after I obtain Silvano anyway

That's true - but given the way the game went, and given I cleared out Gwynan in the first place so you didn't have to face quite the fleet you otherwise would have when facing Gnaw there, I figured you'd leave me be in Silvano. It's clear, now, that you're going to take Silvano, so that makes my game over. All I'm good for if you do that is to sit back and watch the game, literally.

Just goes to show that I should have eliminated you right from the start instead of being a nice guy and keeping you in the game! :p

Well as I've said - I agree with that

I'm not particularly arsed - my game was over when Gnaw decided to take my HW. There's legit nothing I could have done at that point to save it in any lasting, real way. That being said, I honestly thought you were gonna let me keep the little corner of the galaxy that I still had.

Yeah I hadn't realised Silvano was your only shot at rebuilding of any sort, tho I don't claim the realisation would necessarily made me change my plans, it's not like you'd be able to do much before the game ended, but I can see how that's not an argument for you. Well something to change my mind about invading can still possibly happen I think or maybe you'll pull it off on your own.

#4311 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

Does Tapper know it his turn? Are you going to stall Leadership Tapper or play it early?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4312 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:35 AM

Map has been updated.

#4313 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:10 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 May 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Nom I thought you were going for Rex. Bit of a bottle job that.

No chance against twelve's war sun

#4314 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:18 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 15 May 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

That's the thing with the Muaat I think, having seen them in this game. Their only real advantage is the starting War Sun, and it is a terror for sure. But it steers you towards a strategy that'll make you an enemy of at least one neighbour very early in. That's a risky step as once the game progresses and the Muaat's late game weakness starts showing. They're perhaps the strongest early game faction, but fall quick towards the late game it seems to me.

The starting positiong really affected that too though, I think. My slice was very resource poor. If I had your starting position, for example, I probably wouldnt have had to be aggressive against one of my neighbours. It was certainly a learning experience!

#4315 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:00 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 15 May 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

Does Tapper know it his turn? Are you going to stall Leadership Tapper or play it early?

My turn will be tomorrow - today I am out all day for meetings.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4316 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

View PostBlend, on 15 May 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 15 May 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

The starting positiong really affected that too though, I think. My slice was very resource poor. If I had your starting position, for example, I probably wouldnt have had to be aggressive against one of my neighbours. It was certainly a learning experience!

True, sometimes the game leaves you little option but to be aggressive early.

#4317 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

View PostTapper, on 16 May 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

We should have some light entertainment while we wait. Anyone want to start a pictionary competition?

#4318 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:23 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 16 May 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

We should have some light entertainment while we wait. Anyone want to start a pictionary competition?

I'm thinking of a number between 2 and 17. Guess which!

#4319 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:29 AM

I don't know how to upload from phone to here. I have tried on different browsers but it just won't attach this file. It says Error No File was selected for upload
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4320 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:59 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 16 May 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 16 May 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

I'm thinking of a number between 2 and 17. Guess which!

Twenty-seven!

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users