• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#2301 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

Noms turn, has he passed? Anything he can do or does it pass to me?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2302 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 13 March 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Hey Blend. Seeing how you have several fronts now. I have all the prerequisits for researching war suns, but would like to focus elsewhere. If you give me your PN when it’s avilable, and promise me you’re moving your carrier et.al straight back through the asteroid field, I’ll leave it alone.

My PN is not worth a carrier and some fighters. As I said, if you want to waste the CT on something you don't have to waste a CT on, then go ahead, but I'm not paying you to not waste that CT - it's your budget, not mine.

It’s worth exactly 1 ct and 4 resources for me, so not that valuable. But fine.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 13 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2303 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 March 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

Hey Blend. Seeing how you have several fronts now. I have all the prerequisits for researching war suns, but would like to focus elsewhere. If you give me your PN when it’s avilable, and promise me you’re moving your carrier et.al straight back through the asteroid field, I’ll leave it alone.

My PN is not worth a carrier and some fighters. As I said, if you want to waste the CT on something you don't have to waste a CT on, then go ahead, but I'm not paying you to not waste that CT - it's your budget, not mine.

It’s worth exactly 1 ct and 4 resources for me, so not that valuable. But fine.

Right, so the equivalent of 4 resources and 3 influence - or 7TGs. My carrier, 2 fighters and 2 infantry cost a total of 5. The fleet token it costs me for you to use my PN costs me 3 influence, so you're getting the better end of that deal in the end. And frankly, you've done nothing but threaten me, why would I be at all amenable to helping you out?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2304 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:48 PM

If D'rek plays another Skilled Retreat I offer my trade PN for anyone that sabotages it.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2305 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:39 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 March 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

If D'rek plays another Skilled Retreat I offer my trade PN for anyone that sabotages it.

Rest easy, I do not have another skilled retreat.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2306 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:41 PM

@Khell:

Full retreat to Nevant (including the infantry from Arnor). Don't use Graviton Laser. Action Cards as per my PMs.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2307 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:53 PM

And FYI Tatts you won't get Daxcive animators on Lor, as there will be no land battle there.

#2308 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:57 PM

@MacGnaw - you're going to be picking strategy card last next round. I'd recommend you keep 3 trade goods in your bank - I may be very inclined to pay you to use Quantum Datahub Node on Tatts, if the others leave Diplomacy for him :p and it'll be good for you, too, since the last pick will probably be poop!

#2309 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:59 PM

Hey Blend. Seeing how you have several fronts now. I have all the prerequisits for researching war suns, but would like to focus elsewhere. If you give me your PN when it's avilable, and promise me you're moving your carrier et.al straight back through the asteroid field, I'll leave it alone.

The biggest problem with that deal would be the “when it’s available”. That’s likely to be a very long time. I plan on sitting on it.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2310 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:00 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

Hey Blend. Seeing how you have several fronts now. I have all the prerequisits for researching war suns, but would like to focus elsewhere. If you give me your PN when it's avilable, and promise me you're moving your carrier et.al straight back through the asteroid field, I'll leave it alone.

The biggest problem with that deal would be the “when it’s available”. That’s likely to be a very long time. I plan on sitting on it.

Excuse me?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2311 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:00 PM

You're honestly the worst ally. :p

#2312 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:03 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

The biggest problem with that deal would be the "when it's available". That's likely to be a very long time. I plan on sitting on it.

Excuse me?

I told you I was going to do that. Way back in the first round.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2313 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:04 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

I've certainly been operating under the assumption you'd use it right away. You're taking away one of my only real negotiation tools.

#2314 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:05 PM

Like, first you refuse to compromise over Lodd Eru over 1 fucking resource, and now you're just going to keep my only real negotiation tool cause it suits you better. And all I've gotten out of this is 1 VP. Pretty 1-sided alliance so far...

#2315 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:07 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

Like, first you refuse to compromise over Lodd Eru over 1 fucking resource, and now you're just going to keep my only real negotiation tool cause it suits you better. And all I've gotten out of this is 1 VP. Pretty 1-sided alliance so far...

Just wait until he sells it someone else :p

#2316 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:08 PM

I don't understand why everyone's fucking me right now. I've literally been hostile to one person in this game, and now even my closest ally is fucking me. Normally I like getting fucked, but come on guys...

#2317 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

I've certainly been operating under the assumption you'd use it right away. You're taking away one of my only real negotiation tools.

Grrrr. I really don’t want to see D’rek get her hands on it.

#2318 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:13 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, war suns are way too damn expensive for me to bother with on only 7 resources of don't-spend-for-influence-planets. If I had the tech for free, then sure maybe I'd wind up building one with trade goods, but it'll basically never be worth whatever cost I'd have to pay to acquire them and then on top of that the crazy cost of actually building one.

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

I don't understand why everyone's fucking me right now. I've literally been hostile to one person in this game, and now even my closest ally is fucking me. Normally I like getting fucked, but come on guys...

I'm not! I just can't really do anything to you one way or another from across the whole galaxy!

(Except buy your Unexpected Action card whenever you feel you need the funds. Come to think of it, I'm at 4 TG now with Tapper's trades, you want to sell it for 4?)

#2319 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

I'm just sort of at a loss right now...

You guys gave Tatts the last agenda, and he doesn't even really need it. Nom's about to come through M/Z with a huge fleet and Tapper's support. Morgoth's gonna kill my carrier and such near his border. My own ally won't compromise over 1 resource. I'm basically gonna be left with a War Sun in the Supernova and my home planet and a couple of shit planets. I'm good for another round or two of points, but then I'll be completely fucked - and I'm not even in 1st or 2nd place, but sharing 3rd with 2 other people.

Why not fuck over IH who's in first place and well on his way to winning, or Gnaw who's in a very good position too. Even Drek, who's behind me in points, is much better positioned to win this than I am right now, but it seems everyone's more worried about the guy who has next to nothing and is about to lose most of what little he has.

#2320 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:17 PM

View PostD, on 13 March 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

I'm not! I just can't really do anything to you one way or another from across the whole galaxy!

(Except buy your Unexpected Action card whenever you feel you need the funds. Come to think of it, I'm at 4 TG now with Tapper's trades, you want to sell it for 4?)

IH, why oh why did you give her your racial???

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users