• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:20 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

I told you I was going to do that. Way back in the first round.

I've certainly been operating under the assumption you'd use it right away. You're taking away one of my only real negotiation tools.

Grrrr. I really don't want to see D'rek get her hands on it.

I'm just sort of at a loss right now...

You guys gave Tatts the last agenda, and he doesn't even really need it. Nom's about to come through M/Z with a huge fleet and Tapper's support. Morgoth's gonna kill my carrier and such near his border. My own ally won't compromise over 1 resource. I'm basically gonna be left with a War Sun in the Supernova and my home planet and a couple of shit planets. I'm good for another round or two of points, but then I'll be completely fucked - and I'm not even in 1st or 2nd place, but sharing 3rd with 2 other people.

Why not fuck over IH who's in first place and well on his way to winning, or Gnaw who's in a very good position too. Even Drek, who's behind me in points, is much better positioned to win this than I am right now, but it seems everyone's more worried about the guy who has next to nothing and is about to lose most of what little he has.

Ok, ok. I’ll use the damn card before then of the round.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2322 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:24 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

You know, I'm more pissed about the Lodd Eru bullshit than I am about the PN. The only people who'll really have any interest in the PN I likely won't want to sell it to as they're the ones who are already looking good for a win. You didn't NEED Lodd Eru, I even offered you a very valuable action card for free for you not to take it. Over 1 resource.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2323 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:25 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

You're honestly the worst ally. :p

Try being his enemy.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2324 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

I've certainly been operating under the assumption you'd use it right away. You're taking away one of my only real negotiation tools.

Grrrr. I really don’t want to see D’rek get her hands on it.

You guys gave Tatts the last agenda, and he doesn't even really need it. Nom's about to come through M/Z with a huge fleet and Tapper's support. Morgoth's gonna kill my carrier and such near his border. My own ally won't compromise over 1 resource. I'm basically gonna be left with a War Sun in the Supernova and my home planet and a couple of shit planets. I'm good for another round or two of points, but then I'll be completely fucked - and I'm not even in 1st or 2nd place, but sharing 3rd with 2 other people.

Why not fuck over IH who's in first place and well on his way to winning, or Gnaw who's in a very good position too. Even Drek, who's behind me in points, is much better positioned to win this than I am right now, but it seems everyone's more worried about the guy who has next to nothing and is about to lose most of what little he has.

Right now I think it's going to be Gnaw, Morgoth or IH who will get the win. IH should attack Morgoth with his flagship in Rex if he has a flank speed as his flagship is the only effective way to deal with his dreads. But either he can't or won't not sure if they have each others sftt. So I see IH going after D'rek while she is dealing with Tatts. Gnaw and Morgoth have each others ceasefire and aren't willing to fight each other. So right now I see Morgoth holding Rex who has the inside track at winning. For the second game in a row I might add. He was a huge threat most of game one. Won game 2 and is set up great to win this one and still gets no pressure.

#2325 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

You know, I'm more pissed about the Lodd Eru bullshit than I am about the PN. The only people who'll really have any interest in the PN I likely won't want to sell it to as they're the ones who are already looking good for a win. You didn't NEED Lodd Eru, I even offered you a very valuable action card for free for you not to take it. Over 1 resource.

I'd like it but coming up with 12 resources to build it will be tough but the harder thing would be coming up with something worth you selling it to me.

#2326 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

First, the deal was you'd hold it for one round and then I'd get it back.

I wanted transit diodes so I could get troops around the nebula speed bump and I wanted quantum data hub so I won't get stuck with the last card again. Those required taking Herrah. To use it I need all three of my tg/commodities. Which means that:
  • I can't save one to use with the 2 influence from Wellon for a Leadership CT. Herrah gives me that 3rd influence.
  • I won't have one to make up for the 1 resource value difference between Lodd and Silvano.
My plan this round was predicated on getting Lodd back. You asked to keep it another round well after my plans were made and partially executed.

Secondly your carrier, what did you expect? You said last round you were going to use it to go fuck with Morgoth. Did you really expect him to sit quietly and allow that? Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Not to mention that you said you'd leave an infantry on Lodd so I could assimilate a tech which would have almost certainly been sarween to save me a resource in future builds.

I'm sorry you're upset with all this. As far as I'm concerned we had deals and I lived up to my end of them. Which really makes you're discord not my circus and not my monkeys.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2327 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:47 PM

View Posttwelve, on 13 March 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

You're honestly the worst ally. :p

Try being his enemy.

And Blend, if I wanted to be your enemy, I would have agreed to your revised deal. Taken the action card. Moved my carrier, a dread and the cruiser to Mansa, allowing you to retreat your carrier to Lodd when Morgoth attacks it. Then used the action card to remove the CT from Mansa, not Herrah. You'd still have Lodd and Silvano and I'd have Muaat. That would have been worth losing your SftT.

I prefer you as a friend. I'm not going to take blame for your missteps.

#2328 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:02 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

First, the deal was you'd hold it for one round and then I'd get it back.

I wanted transit diodes so I could get troops around the nebula speed bump and I wanted quantum data hub so I won't get stuck with the last card again. Those required taking Herrah. To use it I need all three of my tg/commodities. Which means that:
  • I can't save one to use with the 2 influence from Wellon for a Leadership CT. Herrah gives me that 3rd influence.
  • I won't have one to make up for the 1 resource value difference between Lodd and Silvano.
My plan this round was predicated on getting Lodd back. You asked to keep it another round well after my plans were made and partially executed.

Secondly your carrier, what did you expect? You said last round you were going to use it to go fuck with Morgoth. Did you really expect him to sit quietly and allow that? Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Not to mention that you said you'd leave an infantry on Lodd so I could assimilate a tech which would have almost certainly been sarween to save me a resource in future builds.

I'm sorry you're upset with all this. As far as I'm concerned we had deals and I lived up to my end of them. Which really makes you're discord not my circus and not my monkeys.

You never said that you actually wanted me to leave an infantry behind after I offered, and that wouldnt have made a lick of difference, you still would have had to take Lodd Eru to get it.

Not to mention that in my breakdown if the agreement I definitely mentioned that I may ask to keep it an extra round.

I figured we would be allies, meaning we would help each other out to keep ourselves within the running for a win. Guess it is my mistake for trusting that you would see our alliance as one where we both help each other out going forward rather than being selfish.

With my Unexpected Action you could have taken Herrah, gotten your transit diodes, removed that token, and taken Silvano. You get your VP, the tech you wanted and you are one resource down than where you would have been and I would still have a chance for a viable game.

I am now at the point of having to seriously consider taking Lodd Eru back by force next round just to fuck you, cause if I dont there is no way I can beat you.

We could have had a peaceful, mutually helpful alliance, but if it's only one-sided what is the point for me to keep helping you?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2329 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:17 PM

Alright, settle down everyone, I'm here now. Let's see what's what.

#2330 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:24 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 13 March 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

Alright, settle down everyone, I'm here now. Let's see what's what.

you know what to do

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2331 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:37 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

And Blend, if I wanted to be your enemy, I would have agreed to your revised deal. Taken the action card. Moved my carrier, a dread and the cruiser to Mansa, allowing you to retreat your carrier to Lodd when Morgoth attacks it. Then used the action card to remove the CT from Mansa, not Herrah. You'd still have Lodd and Silvano and I'd have Muaat. That would have been worth losing your SftT.

I prefer you as a friend. I'm not going to take blame for your missteps.

Right, cause Tapper fucking me over twice was totally a misstep on my part, right? You assuming I'd be alright with you just holding on to my PN - aka my most powerful negotiation tool - is MY misstep?

I could have been an asshole and brought more than just the carrier and just not moved my troops from Lodd and forced you to waste troops to take it back, but I didn't because I trusted that you'd take our alliance seriously instead of selfishly. Whatever. Whole lot of different scenarios there - but you've decided that 1 resource is more important than keeping a happy alliance.

#2332 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:44 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

I don't understand why everyone's fucking me right now. I've literally been hostile to one person in this game, and now even my closest ally is fucking me. Normally I like getting fucked, but come on guys...

Stop with this victim nonsense. The position you're in is entirely a result of your choices. This is not some conspiracy or people being aggressive towards you just because. You made this happen.

Look at where we're at. You moved a carrier group right on my doorstep. If you wanted to move it further away all you needed to do was to make a simple contact with me. "hey Morgoth, I'll be moving some ships next to you, but they'll move away again next round, Is that ok with you?". Instead you discussed with Gnaw how you'd mess with me with that fleet. I wasn't paying much attention, but I'd obviously notice at some point. And I did, and when I confronted you about it you chose to be defensive. I gave you opportunity after opportunity to make an offer that would make me feel secure, but you chose to pretend that I was being unreasonable, even after you admitted yourself that you were planning to attack me. And here we are, in a situation entirely of your own making.

I've given you many opportunities to make an offer, to suggest anything to work this out, but you've refused. Don't pretend, now, that this was somehow was unforseeable or unreasonable.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2333 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:45 PM

Grrrr. I really don't want to see D'rek get her hands on it.

I sense weakness
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#2334 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:47 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 March 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

I don't understand why everyone's fucking me right now. I've literally been hostile to one person in this game, and now even my closest ally is fucking me. Normally I like getting fucked, but come on guys...

Stop with this victim nonsense. The position you're in is entirely a result of your choices. This is not some conspiracy or people being aggressive towards you just because. You made this happen.

Look at where we're at. You moved a carrier group right on my doorstep. If you wanted to move it further away all you needed to do was to make a simple contact with me. "hey Morgoth, I'll be moving some ships next to you, but they'll move away again next round, Is that ok with you?". Instead you discussed with Gnaw how you'd mess with me with that fleet. I wasn't paying much attention, but I'd obviously notice at some point. And I did, and when I confronted you about it you chose to be defensive. I gave you opportunity after opportunity to make an offer that would make me feel secure, but you chose to pretend that I was being unreasonable, even after you admitted yourself that you were planning to attack me. And here we are, in a situation entirely of your own making.

I've given you many opportunities to make an offer, to suggest anything to work this out, but you've refused. Don't pretend, now, that this was somehow was unforseeable or unreasonable.

With all due respect, screw you with your "offer". You're trying to get my Racial PN outta me to save a fucking carrier and some infantry and fighters and trying to call that a good deal.

The moment you expressed any worry about that carrier, I immediately backed off and promised not to touch you. You have no reason not to believe my word, I haven't gone back on any of the deals I've made and have, in fact, continued to work with people who work with me as long as they kept working with me. You're just going to take the carrier out because you feel like it. Why not use that CT to worry about someone who's an actual threat?

#2335 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:50 PM

Those rolls tho...

#2336 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:51 PM

I love this game <3 <3 <3

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2337 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

Blend, are you telling me someone is trying to fuck you over????
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#2338 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:54 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 13 March 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

Why not use that CT to worry about someone who's an actual threat?

At this point the only ones who are actual threats he has agreements with who likely won't attack him as its not in their best interest to do so. Now I think he's just bored and blowing up some ships sounds like fun to him.

#2339 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:01 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 13 March 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

I'm neutral of course, but this did make me laugh :p

#2340 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:02 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 13 March 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 13 March 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

I'm neutral of course, but this did make me laugh :p

And me. :p

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users