• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#81 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:29 AM

View Posttwelve, on 29 January 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Tapper I know that we agreed to a border of Arinam/Meer and Lazar/Sakulag. Can we expand on that agreement that no units other than carriers to enter that border and least until after those systems have been claimed? I'm a bit apprehensive to leave those open for easy colonization especially when they are right next to my homeworld.as I may not be able to grab those systems right away.

On turn 1, sure, nothing but a carrier. On turn 2 and further, it will really depend on what you build in your HW whether or not I will reinforce.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#82 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:44 AM

Good morning Tapper.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#83 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:59 AM

View PostGnaw, on 29 January 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 29 January 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 29 January 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Morgoth, we are agreeable to a non conflict pathway for you. Especially with the appetizer you offer (just think of how cheap it would be to send a fighterII our way).

Fiery beings, we need to talk. (I'm getting ready for an appointment at the moment.) It occurs to us that we would see very little need to assimilate Muaat Units if we possessed the basic war sun technology ourselves.

That's good to hear. I will be amendable to other such trades of technology in the future.

In the future we could even discuss the possibility of you occupying Rarron (0/3) and Torkan (0/3) while we occupy Tequ'ran (2/0) and Qucen'n (1/2). We're not certain how that would work in practice but theoretically it's worth thinking about?

We could find a way to make that work, as long as I don’t lose access to the center.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#84 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:01 AM

View PostD, on 30 January 2019 - 04:08 AM, said:

Looking over the map, wow I didn't realize how many of us start with a 4res planet or better in the homeworld. I take back what I said earlier about Macgnaw and TECH - even if played as the very first turn only Nom, Tapper, and Twelve would be unable to research (and if TRADE were played T1 even they might be able to). Quite a difference from the 5(?) who were under 4r last game.

Not to mention all the resource rich starting positions. Last round I had a total of nine resources for most of the game.

#85 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

Spoiler

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#86 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:12 AM

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

Yeah, in the first game I got all the technology from attacking a couple of twelve's (multi planet) systems. That's what you get from being a peaceful tech race expanding towards the Nekro Posted Image

#87 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:32 AM

View PostD, on 29 January 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 January 2019 - 11:02 PM, said:

D'rek you may be right that your hex slice isn't particularly wealthy but it still has more resources than mine,

By 1!

(Saudor + Mehar Xull + Starpoint + New Albion = 9 ... Bereg + Lirta + Zej Rajja + Nevant = 10)

And you picked before me, why is this my fault?!

and I'd expect to loot more than 5tg over the course of the game from you as jol nar as you'll almost certainly want to be trading your tech PN to others, which if you are valuing it at 7tg will probably be very lucrative for me,

I am hoping I won't trade it away very often, actually, as every time I do it erodes my tech lead - my one advantage - bit by bit. But we'll see. Personally I don't anticipate selling it for TG much, rather I'd aim to trade it mostly for Ceasefires. Especially if I know those TGs will just get looted by my adjacent neighbour - better to trade in other things, then.

and unless I'm reading it wrong is something you can trade frequently for no cost to you.

Correct

Additionally my PN grants you an extra action which you have already said you would like to use to stall.

Personally I'd value my not looting you through my PN at closer to 7 TG over the course of the game, plus another 3tg for the crucial early stall to let you use warfare. Do you have a better offer?

When did I ever say I needed to stall? I definitely don't. I can do one turn moving to Nevant, one turn moving to Zej Rajja, and then play Leadership as my first 3 turns. Meanwhile, Twelve has only a single carrier so he will almost certainly move and then play Logistics as his 2nd turn. Even if he used an AC to stall it to 3rd, I would still be able to wait for it. I definitely don't need a stall. Nom and Blend are the ones who might want a stall since they go before Twelve and only have 1 transport ship.

Which puts us back to the PN value's being... 7, by your calculations. Which is what I had valued my PN at, too.

Hmmmmmm, so you are offering a straight PN swap when we neighbour? Are you willing to change your research to get the tech I want?

I'm especially interested in Integrated economy, light wave deflectors and assault cannons, though I can see a few of those you might not want to research with necro in the game.

#88 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 29 January 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 January 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 29 January 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

@IH, I am not ceding a system that borders my own homeworld. I am however willing to find a compromise. Remember though, D'reks claims to the contrary, the TG ability is not nearly as dangerous as you seem to think. I have 2 goods to trade, the cost of using the ability. Which means that if I chose to use it more than once or twice I give up any realistic chance of claiming the high resource objectives, or the TG objectives, that'll probably appear once we enter phase 2. It is a deterrent, not an ability I can chose to use at my leisure. This also means that regular plundering will be a real pain. How about we exchange SftT, you do not steal from me for as long as it's active, and I give you my PN on the promise that it's not used against me.

@Gnaw, if you agree to letting me expand along the western edge of the supernova without conflict from you, I'll give you no contest for the nebula planet (I dont have access to the map right now). In return I am willing to send a destroyer your way when I have one available. In addition I am open for trade, and other exchanges of PNS once we become neighbours. This way we both get access to the centre without exhausting ourselves fighting each other, and you'll get a free tech in the bargain.

Ok I did not realise you only had two commodities, that does make it a bit less powerful, though still quite powerful.

I also only have 2 commodities so I could agree to the racial PN deal, if you agree to trade it back to me for 2TG if I want to buy it back after I use it? I obviously won't use it against you unless you attack me.

I won’t give you an esclusive right to the PN, but I will prioritize you in good faith when it becomes available. Deal?

Sorry missed this earlier, so your offer is you cede saudor and don't venture out of nevant? Are you going to be building forces up in nevant, I'd be very uncomfortable if I saw dreadnoughts accumulating there.

You will then give me your racial PN and your support for the throne? In return I give you my support for the throne in return for no looting whilst the agreement holds? I won't use your PN against you and you will prioritise me in trades for the PN in the future valuing it at 2TG? I don't want exclusive rights but I want the right to be able to buy it for 2TG if I want to. Considering I won't be looting you for likely 5 or more TG that seems a reasonable deal.

#89 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:02 AM

We’re starting to get our emotional circuitry activated; were we possessed of your chemical brains we would say we are...hurt. Do you biological beings not understand we are here for your benefit? You are in bondage to the chemicals coursing through your systems. Always at war with your neighbors and even your very selves.
Cease your squabbling and bow to the logical leaders of the Imperium; you have nothing to lose but your chains!

#90 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:03 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 January 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 29 January 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 January 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 29 January 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

@IH, I am not ceding a system that borders my own homeworld. I am however willing to find a compromise. Remember though, D'reks claims to the contrary, the TG ability is not nearly as dangerous as you seem to think. I have 2 goods to trade, the cost of using the ability. Which means that if I chose to use it more than once or twice I give up any realistic chance of claiming the high resource objectives, or the TG objectives, that'll probably appear once we enter phase 2. It is a deterrent, not an ability I can chose to use at my leisure. This also means that regular plundering will be a real pain. How about we exchange SftT, you do not steal from me for as long as it's active, and I give you my PN on the promise that it's not used against me.

@Gnaw, if you agree to letting me expand along the western edge of the supernova without conflict from you, I'll give you no contest for the nebula planet (I dont have access to the map right now). In return I am willing to send a destroyer your way when I have one available. In addition I am open for trade, and other exchanges of PNS once we become neighbours. This way we both get access to the centre without exhausting ourselves fighting each other, and you'll get a free tech in the bargain.

Ok I did not realise you only had two commodities, that does make it a bit less powerful, though still quite powerful.

I also only have 2 commodities so I could agree to the racial PN deal, if you agree to trade it back to me for 2TG if I want to buy it back after I use it? I obviously won't use it against you unless you attack me.

I won't give you an esclusive right to the PN, but I will prioritize you in good faith when it becomes available. Deal?

Sorry missed this earlier, so your offer is you cede saudor and don't venture out of nevant? Are you going to be building forces up in nevant, I'd be very uncomfortable if I saw dreadnoughts accumulating there.

You will then give me your racial PN and your support for the throne? In return I give you my support for the throne in return for no looting whilst the agreement holds? I won't use your PN against you and you will prioritise me in trades for the PN in the future valuing it at 2TG? I don't want exclusive rights but I want the right to be able to buy it for 2TG if I want to. Considering I won't be looting you for likely 5 or more TG that seems a reasonable deal.

That all seems acceptable to me. I'll move a dreadnaught to Thibah this turn, but will leave the system with a single destroyer following that.

If you're up for trading when that becomes available I'm happy to do that too.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 30 January 2019 - 08:03 AM

#91 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:31 AM

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

We're starting to get our emotional circuitry activated; were we possessed of your chemical brains we would say we are...hurt. Do you biological beings not understand we are here for your benefit? You are in bondage to the chemicals coursing through your systems. Always at war with your neighbors and even your very selves.
Cease your squabbling and bow to the logical leaders of the Imperium; you have nothing to lose but your chains!

Do I take the red pill or the blue pill?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#92 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:35 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

We're starting to get our emotional circuitry activated; were we possessed of your chemical brains we would say we are...hurt. Do you biological beings not understand we are here for your benefit? You are in bondage to the chemicals coursing through your systems. Always at war with your neighbors and even your very selves.

you mixed them, and got the purple pill

#93 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:44 AM

View PostMacros, on 30 January 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

Are we human?

#94 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Are we human?

Meaning you translated “take 1 red 1x per day and 1 blue 2x per day” as “dump them all on the table, crush into a pile of purple dust, cut into 4 lines, and snort said lines with a whiskey chaser”??
Solarians! 🤦🏻‍♂️

#95 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:17 AM

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

Are we human?

Meaning you translated "take 1 red 1x per day and 1 blue 2x per day" as "dump them all on the table, crush into a pile of purple dust, cut into 4 lines, and snort said lines with a whiskey chaser"??
Solarians! ����‍♂️

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 30 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

#96 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:44 AM

Are we human?

Or are we dancer?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#97 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

Yeah, in the first game I got all the technology from attacking a couple of twelve's (multi planet) systems. That's what you get from being a peaceful tech race expanding towards the Nekro Posted Image

Expanding towards the Nekro? Yeah, that’s not quite how I remember it happening :)

#98 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

View PostD, on 30 January 2019 - 04:08 AM, said:

Looking over the map, wow I didn't realize how many of us start with a 4res planet or better in the homeworld. I take back what I said earlier about Macgnaw and TECH - even if played as the very first turn only Nom, Tapper, and Twelve would be unable to research (and if TRADE were played T1 even they might be able to). Quite a difference from the 5(?) who were under 4r last game.

Not to mention all the resource rich starting positions. Last round I had a total of nine resources for most of the game.

Only took me approximately a thousand hours of swapping around hexes to make sure every slice could be a good one (there’s only a two resource difference - not including homeworlds - between the best and worst, and the worst has better access to further away systems). Of course, there is still the chaos factor of where you actually placed your hexes :)

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 30 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

#99 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:48 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 January 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

Expanding towards the Nekro? Yeah, that’s not quite how I remember it happening :)

The Nekro had no choice but to respond to the unprovoked Jol-Nar agression.

#100 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

Just waiting on one more SO choice.

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »