• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#4281 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

Thanks. Rex is extra valuable to the Winn and I would love to keep it for the rest of the game if possible.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4282 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:26 PM

Nom, why should I let you keep that?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4283 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

View PostGnaw, on 14 May 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

Because you would lose a VP and Morgoth is the more immediate threat.

#4284 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:50 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

@Blend

I will not PDS upon you if you go to Herra, and if you have a way to stall a turn I might clear my cruiser off Quann too next turn

I mean, I'm not particularly happy that you blockaded Silvano - that was definitely where I was hoping to attempt to rebuild. Doesn't really matter if you move your ship from over Quann away, I can't build anything on there, so you've basically just neutered what little game I had left again.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4285 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:52 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

@Blend

I will not PDS upon you if you go to Herra, and if you have a way to stall a turn I might clear my cruiser off Quann too next turn

I mean, I'm not particularly happy that you blockaded Silvano - that was definitely where I was hoping to attempt to rebuild. Doesn't really matter if you move your ship from over Quann away, I can't build anything on there, so you've basically just neutered what little game I had left again.

I also don't really know what you think I'm going to go to Herrah with/for...
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4286 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostGnaw, on 14 May 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

Because my game's even more fucked up than yours and the reason I gave you my sftt is I could do this?
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#4287 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:03 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

@Blend

A space dock from construction 2ndry?!

Including the protection from m side of the galaxy?!

#4288 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

@Blend

Well the original deal was I only get your sftt after I obtain Silvano anyway

#4289 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:13 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

@Blend

A space dock from construction 2ndry?!

Including the protection from m side of the galaxy?!

I have zero infantry, so I can't actually invade Herrah if I get there, so yeah, useless to me. Silvano was the only place I could actually rebuild at.

#4290 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:15 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

@Blend

That's true - but given the way the game went, and given I cleared out Gwynan in the first place so you didn't have to face quite the fleet you otherwise would have when facing Gnaw there, I figured you'd leave me be in Silvano. It's clear, now, that you're going to take Silvano, so that makes my game over. All I'm good for if you do that is to sit back and watch the game, literally.

#4291 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:21 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

@Blend

That's true - but given the way the game went, and given I cleared out Gwynan in the first place so you didn't have to face quite the fleet you otherwise would have when facing Gnaw there, I figured you'd leave me be in Silvano. It's clear, now, that you're going to take Silvano, so that makes my game over. All I'm good for if you do that is to sit back and watch the game, literally.

Just goes to show that I should have eliminated you right from the start instead of being a nice guy and keeping you in the game! :p

#4292 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:47 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

@Blend

Just goes to show that I should have eliminated you right from the start instead of being a nice guy and keeping you in the game! :p

Well as I've said - I agree with that

#4293 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:48 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 14 May 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

@Blend

Well as I've said - I agree with that

I'm not particularly arsed - my game was over when Gnaw decided to take my HW. There's legit nothing I could have done at that point to save it in any lasting, real way. That being said, I honestly thought you were gonna let me keep the little corner of the galaxy that I still had.

#4294 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

Nom I thought you were going for Rex. Bit of a bottle job that.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4295 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:52 PM

IH - I'm back to really wanting Tatts' racial.

Tapper - any chance we can make arrangements to trade that through you?

You're up next, so I figure if you trade with IH for the racial and trade the racial to me in exchange for 4 TGs, IH could then trade with you on his turn to receive 3 of those 4TGs and you'd get 1 for being our intermediary.

IH/Tapper - thoughts?

It prevents Nom from taking Silvano without having to use more troops to do so, so I think it would be beneficial to both of you, and potentially allow me to stay in the game a bit longer/cause some more ruckus.

EDIT: Plus, Tatts has used his ST, so you wouldn't be breaking that deal anymore IH.

This post has been edited by Blend: 14 May 2019 - 08:55 PM

#4296 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:55 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 May 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Wanting me cut to ribbons on 2 fronts I see. Bit if a theme with you and me every game.

#4297 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:56 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 May 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

Wanting me cut to ribbons on 2 fronts I see. Bit if a theme with you and me every game.

Anything I can do to help?

#4298 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:57 PM

I'm also in the market for Tatts racial. I think it would be hilarious if he has to fight troops he helped me generate.

#4299 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

I don't see how unless I can somehow get a ton of trade goods so I can build a second warsun while still being able to score an objective. Would serve him right for trying to screw me over yet again.

#4300 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 May 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

I don't see how unless I can somehow get a ton of trade goods so I can build a second warsun while still being able to score an objective. Would serve him right for trying to screw me over yet again.

Yeah, unfortunately I'd like to try to keep the bulk of my TGs for now in hopes that I can get a Space Dock on Silvano that'll survive the round so that I can build next round. Lots of "ifs" in that scenario, but I gotta at least try.

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users